WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Floorcare

Do you want to live in a hut made of mud? NO! You want to live in a fine home with carpets and televisions and a complete lack of tiger traps and wild boar! Get something now, clear your home later, and live like a human, instead of some kind of cave ape.

temporarilyidle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages temporarilyidle

I rent the rug doctor pro at Home Depot. While our old Cherry Hill rug doctors were probably better, I still hear great reviews from customers on the Rug Doctor Pro.

If you clean your carpets like, once a year, you are better off renting. If you own property and find yourself cleaning carpets constantly from tenants moving in and out, or you have pets with bladder problems, or kids that don't know how to meander the house without muddy shoes, worth it.

Alternatively you can find them used at pawn shops/rental shops, but they hardly ever have warranties when you do. I'm sure Woot has a decent warranty (they do on tech! refurbishes).

john1863

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john1863

Just got the DC26 from here when it was on Woot last week or so. The electrical cord was frayed toward the end where the cord meets the body. If we wouldn't have pulled the cord all the way we wouldn't have seen it so if you get one then check.
Still haven't called Dyson about it but hopefully will today or tomorrow.

BTW, had previously bought the larger yellow turbine from Woot and it looked like it was new when I got it. The DC26 looked refurbished - all the parts were still dusty and the above mentioned frayed electrical cord.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

Got a DC39 and a few hose release buttons on were broken off. The section that broke off were unbelievable small, not sure if they will last a long time, if it is constantly pressed (as the ones on the handle/wand might be).

I might pick up an aftermarket warranty, but I don't even know if they cover this type of parts, which could be easily be considered wear and tear parts.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

bought the DC26 for to use in my leetle studio.

had a magnificent refurb'd Dyson Animal previously, but i relinquished it to Former Husband, since he kept the cats after the divorce.

we bought that vac from Woot years ago (before i got the ol' staff square). still works like a champ.

/shameless shilling and weird glimpse into personal life.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

MrsBigham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBigham

WOW, great timing, i was just looking at the rug doctors. HOWEVER, there is no mention of the upholstery attachments. I rather go to costo and for another $100 get the upholstery tools and better machine.

ldthaler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ldthaler

I think there is a misunderstanding over what this product does. This is a floor and surface sanitizer. It does not have suction so it is not like a rug doctor. It uses 212 degree steam to sanitize only, it does not vacuum out dirt or apply any type of cleaning product. That being said it is a wonderful tool and works great on hard surfaces to clean and you can also kill germs on bedding and carpets as well as curtains and hard surfaces

MrsBigham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBigham
ldthaler wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding over what this product does. This is a floor and surface sanitizer. It does not have suction so it is not like a rug doctor. It uses 212 degree steam to sanitize only, it does not vacuum out dirt or apply any type of cleaning product. That being said it is a wonderful tool and works great on hard surfaces to clean and you can also kill germs on bedding and carpets as well as curtains and hard surfaces

yeah, if they would skip the sarcastic crap and give useful info, it would be appreciative. but the following would leave to believe it does have suction.....

Bigger, Stronger Vacuum Motor: At 1.9 hp, the motor has the power to pull out even deeply embedded dirt
More vacuum power means less moisture in your carpets when finished and carpets dry quicker
The Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval: The Rug Doctor Mighty Pro is the only extractor for the consumer market that is approved for superior cleaning by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
Multi-Purpose Oxy-Steam Carpet Cleaner: Double oxygen-activated formula boosts cleaning performance and knocks out tough stains, soils, and odors, ideal for carpets, rugs, upholstery, mattresses, pet beds, and more

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MrsBigham wrote:yeah, if they would skip the sarcastic crap and give useful info, it would be appreciative. but the following would leave to believe it does have suction.....

Bigger, Stronger Vacuum Motor: At 1.9 hp, the motor has the power to pull out even deeply embedded dirt
More vacuum power means less moisture in your carpets when finished and carpets dry quicker
The Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval: The Rug Doctor Mighty Pro is the only extractor for the consumer market that is approved for superior cleaning by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
Multi-Purpose Oxy-Steam Carpet Cleaner: Double oxygen-activated formula boosts cleaning performance and knocks out tough stains, soils, and odors, ideal for carpets, rugs, upholstery, mattresses, pet beds, and more

I don't see any "sarcastic crap" in those features. //shrug

This puts water in and vacuums it back out. That's why there's a solution tank AND a recovery tank.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
ldthaler wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding over what this product does. This is a floor and surface sanitizer. It does not have suction so it is not like a rug doctor. It uses 212 degree steam to sanitize only, it does not vacuum out dirt or apply any type of cleaning product. That being said it is a wonderful tool and works great on hard surfaces to clean and you can also kill germs on bedding and carpets as well as curtains and hard surfaces

So if it sprays the steam on your floor, does it vacuum it up also? Or do I have to use a vacuum cleaner to suck up that steam from the floor?

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
lwang wrote:So if it sprays the steam on your floor, does it vacuum it up also? Or do I have to use a vacuum cleaner to suck up that steam from the floor?

I think this is what you're talking about:
http://www.woot.com/offers/haan-multi-purpose-floor-steamer-1

This is the one she's talking about:
http://www.woot.com/offers/rug-doctor-95474-mighty-pro-with-bottle-of-oxy-steam

The first one is just a steam mop like you're talking about. The 2nd one (Rug Doctor) puts the water down and sucks it up.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
ldthaler wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding over what this product does. This is a floor and surface sanitizer. It does not have suction so it is not like a rug doctor...

How is the rug doctor not like a rug doctor? http://www.woot.com/offers/rug-doctor-95474-mighty-pro-with-bottle-of-oxy-steam

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
temporarilyidle wrote:I rent the rug doctor pro at Home Depot. While our old Cherry Hill rug doctors were probably better, I still hear great reviews from customers on the Rug Doctor Pro.

If you clean your carpets like, once a year, you are better off renting. If you own property and find yourself cleaning carpets constantly from tenants moving in and out, or you have pets with bladder problems, or kids that don't know how to meander the house without muddy shoes, worth it.

Alternatively you can find them used at pawn shops/rental shops, but they hardly ever have warranties when you do. I'm sure Woot has a decent warranty (they do on tech! refurbishes).

Do you know if there is a hose to do stairs? I saw a newer model on Amazon that did but it was around $250 more.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.