Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

Hey, look at all the comments in the Previous Sale

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

I don't know anything about the TV, but I have a mirror like that by my front door. It's a good mirror, but I wouldn't hang anything too heavy on it. The hooks bend a bit.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional information can be found over at hisense-usa.com

treefiddy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages treefiddy
lichme wrote:Hey, look at all the comments in the Previous Sale

Based on the comments, this deal seems like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNQO9xrd234

Still tempted.

lkarmaz15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkarmaz15

A friend of mine picked this up last time they had it and I was asked to set it up. The picture is surprisingly good, comparable to the $400-500 TVs at your local big box store.

But although the picture is good, the TV casing is very weak feeling. Lot of flex and I'd be afraid of wall mounting it or even moving it too often.

However, if you are just looking for a value TV, this is it. Just make sure to tune the image because it was really bad out of the box.

haywardkw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haywardkw
lichme wrote:Hey, look at all the comments in the Previous Sale

Where was this a month or two ago when a set died, and not sure this model but spent $80-100 more for a same size Hisense though might be 42

Quality wise though so far happy with it.

Actually looking at specs not this one as mine only has 2 not3 HDMI, and I think is a 42"

callabs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages callabs
lkarmaz15 wrote:A friend of mine picked this up last time they had it and I was asked to set it up. The picture is surprisingly good, comparable to the $400-500 TVs at your local big box store.

But although the picture is good, the TV casing is very weak feeling. Lot of flex and I'd be afraid of wall mounting it or even moving it too often.

However, if you are just looking for a value TV, this is it. Just make sure to tune the image because it was really bad out of the box.

Since you just did this, how do you tune it?

Toynbert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Toynbert

Bummer, I really really wanted an entry way mirror with hooks!

Stupid should hurt.

lkarmaz15

callabs wrote:Since you just did this, how do you tune it?

This is my go-to guide for calibration
http://lifehacker.com/5858625/how-to-calibrate-your-hdtv-and-boost-your-video-quality-in-30-minutes-or-less

If you don't feel up to that, some Blu-ray discs/players have basic picture calibration guides in the settings menu.

mxjx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxjx
prttymf8 wrote:I don't know anything about the TV, but I have a mirror like that by my front door. It's a good mirror, but I wouldn't hang anything too heavy on it. The hooks bend a bit.

A veritable quality post IMO. Especially since it took me a bit to see the TV from the mirror.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

I'd advise against buying. This TV, and the one yesterday, carry only a 90-day warranty. That doesn't instill much confidence that the manufacturer won't even bargain that the set will last a year.

Something else to consider, when I see a dead flat panel end up at the e-recycling drop-off in town, it's usually something from these less known manufacturers.

blissful0ne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blissful0ne

bought one of these before christmas. the 42" for $280. Surprisingly amazing quality. I'd recommend it for sure.

I don't think you will find another tv this size at this value (quality/price).

stanleyscreamer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stanleyscreamer

Bought 2 - but just searched on ebay, same refurb model from newegg $239 and free shipping, Doh!!

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Wondering how's the upscaling on these. I have a huge dvd collection, and from what I've seen on many normal and expensive 1080p tvs, I would be guaranteed better quality on a 720p tv.
And yes, some companies still make them.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy
polysorbate wrote:Wondering how's the upscaling on these. I have a huge dvd collection, and from what I've seen on many normal and expensive 1080p tvs, I would be guaranteed better quality on a 720p tv.
And yes, some companies still make them.

What leads you to believe this TV upscales? It doesn't.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
Pufferfishy wrote:What leads you to believe this TV upscales? It doesn't.

Looks upscale to me. Makes me want to put on a tuxedo and a top hat.

clodia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clodia

HA! when I looked at this offer, I thought it was for the mirror/rack! Then I saw the caption, and realized that there is a TV in there!

themaineevent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages themaineevent

I have one and the picture quality really is top notch. Much better than I thought it would be.

My only complaint is that the TV sometimes makes a load static sound when changing channels. I haven't found a cure for it and it appears to be fairly common with these TVs.

It's more of a nuisance than anything as it's just a brief burst of static, but it is a nuisance.

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193

I bought the LCD version of this a few months back from Woot. We bought it for our beach place / rental but used it until just 2 weeks ago as an extra TV for the kids.

The good:
--It's a cheap kinda large TV.
--Blu Ray and Hi Def TV quality is pretty freakin' mind blowing considering the price.
--It works

The Bad:
--DVD quality is kinda crappy. These were played through a Sony BD player. It actually seems a bit better played through a cheap DVD player but still isn't great.
--Standard Def TV kinda crappy
--On mine (LCD) the heat that rolls off this thing is nuts. It puts off more heat than the old 50" Panasonic plasma I have in my bedroom. May not be a problem with the LED so keep that in mind.

All in all, for a non-primary TV I'd be in. Checking newegg now for the better price and if I can't find it I'll buy one of these for the kids.

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15
stanleyscreamer wrote:Bought 2 - but just searched on ebay, same refurb model from newegg $239 and free shipping, Doh!!

That is sad.

Newegg

+1 to you, good find!

Even has the 90 day warranty.

Edit: New Woot price at $229, and faith restored.

Happy once again!

twkehr2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twkehr2

Looks like Woot just brought down the price to $229.

+1 to you Woot for listening to the people.

I'd much rather deal with Woot customer service than Newegg's. In for 1.

philahne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philahne

what!!! i bought one last night for 249 and just woke up to see it at 229.

man!

billthegunowner

quality posts: 12 Private Messages billthegunowner

Very thin border around the set. Where are the speakers? Which direction do they face?

Bill

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Price Update

Wow, the electronics boss hates hump day but luckily, he likes you guys.

Price is lowered to $229.99.

You know the drill, if you already bought it, you'll be funded the difference automagically.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nrosenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrosenberg

Bought this during the last sale. It seems pretty decent so far. DVDs looked lousy with my old DVD player, but that is to be expected without upconversion. I haven't yet tested with my new upconverting Blueray player.

On the other hand, both Netflix at 720p out of the Roku and OTA broadcast channels look great. I recommend using the auto-aspect mode, which lets the picture format fit the input, rather than stretching to fit for sd signals.

tlzallen2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlzallen2

OK, when I first saw this Woot I thought they were selling a very high end coat rack. >.<

commanderplaid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages commanderplaid
VetteLT193 wrote:I bought the LCD version of this a few months back from Woot. We bought it for our beach place / rental but used it until just 2 weeks ago as an extra TV for the kids.

The good:
--It's a cheap kinda large TV.
--Blu Ray and Hi Def TV quality is pretty freakin' mind blowing considering the price.
--It works

The Bad:
--DVD quality is kinda crappy. These were played through a Sony BD player. It actually seems a bit better played through a cheap DVD player but still isn't great.
--Standard Def TV kinda crappy
--On mine (LCD) the heat that rolls off this thing is nuts. It puts off more heat than the old 50" Panasonic plasma I have in my bedroom. May not be a problem with the LED so keep that in mind.

All in all, for a non-primary TV I'd be in. Checking newegg now for the better price and if I can't find it I'll buy one of these for the kids.

I don't know the specs on your model. This one shows 61 watts when on. This will generate the same heat as a 60 watt light bulb. Since it will be spread out it should not be a problem. And it is a lot less than the small CRT TV that I am replacing with this.

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody

George Bush is improving!

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

rbzar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbzar

Has anyone used this TV as a computer monitor? I would think it should work out well.

yoshi9769

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoshi9769

$239.99 On newegg with free Eggsaver shipping. Id rather get Newegg service for $5 more.

joshshaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshshaman

anybody know who makes the LED panel? I have a TCL i bought from tiger. came with a Samsung LED, clearly raising the value (also they have 2 year warranties)

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193
commanderplaid wrote:I don't know the specs on your model. This one shows 61 watts when on. This will generate the same heat as a 60 watt light bulb. Since it will be spread out it should not be a problem. And it is a lot less than the small CRT TV that I am replacing with this.

I looked it up and it appears to be rated at 100 watts. There is WAY more than 100 watt light bulb heat coming out of it though.

Either way, with the price drop here I picked up one of these LED units.

webwidejosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webwidejosh
VetteLT193 wrote:I looked it up and it appears to be rated at 100 watts. There is WAY more than 100 watt light bulb heat coming out of it though.

Either way, with the price drop here I picked up one of these LED units.

Then it's using more than its rating or you've found the most efficient heater in the universe!

rydethis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydethis
clodia wrote:HA! when I looked at this offer, I thought it was for the mirror/rack! Then I saw the caption, and realized that there is a TV in there!

lol I did too!! I was like where is the TV?

Touch me in the morning!!

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

Huh. I've purchased over 700 items from woot in the past 5 years including a couple TVs and never had a problem like that.
EDIT: The complaint post I was responding to was deleted.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@legastinian: Please see my response to your post in the original thread.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lkarmaz15

ThunderThighs wrote:Price Update

Wow, the electronics boss hates hump day but luckily, he likes you guys.

Price is lowered to $229.99.

You know the drill, if you already bought it, you'll be funded the difference automagically.

Does anyone else imagine "automagic" being a course in flying car maintenance and design at Hogwarts?

lkarmaz15

rbzar wrote:Has anyone used this TV as a computer monitor? I would think it should work out well.

I wouldn't do it. TVs are specifically designed to be viewed at a distance. Having a massive monitor at HD resolution will be a pain, especially for reading text.

Go for dual monitors or a high resolution 23" panel. Your eyes will thank you.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lkarmaz15 wrote:Does anyone else imagine "automagic" being a course in flying car maintenance and design at Hogwarts?

"What do you mean?!"