kodiak55

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kodiak55

OK, took the bait and bought one. I guess it's finally time to upgrade from the 32" monstrosity that consumes a significant portion of my living room.

nazcaplain

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nazcaplain

A few years ago I bought a 1080p Toshiba 40RV525U and was very happy with it ... until I connected my laptop to it to function as my media center. My laptop has VGA out and my TV was intentionally designed to only display VGA signals at a maximum 1366x768 resolution. Intentionally as in "on purpose". I've no idea what lawyer was behind this absurd limitation but I'd like to verify that this tv doesn't have a similar limitation.

MasterShake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterShake

My girlfriend bought this tv a few weeks ago. So far so good. Nice picture, good sound, nice response time if you're playing video games. Lots of connections. We're happy with it.

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

Ahh a price drop..too little too late Im afraid. Was cheaper at Newegg, free shipping, longer warranty, cheaper extended warranty so I bought from there.
Remember the days when you were sure woot would be the cheapest around?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

azdarkknight wrote:Ahh a price drop..too little too late Im afraid. Was cheaper at Newegg, free shipping, longer warranty, cheaper extended warranty so I bought from there.
Remember the days when you were sure woot would be the cheapest around?

We're $10 less, only $5 shipping, same length warranty...and...we're a little cuter ;)

(Please ignore that last part)

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
ROGETRAY wrote:We're $10 less, only $5 shipping, same length warranty...and...we're a little cuter ;)

(Please ignore that last part)

You werent cheaper when you the offer was put up - maybe now but not beating your competition at the start and only responding when someone else found it cheaper and posted it? I think you were also showing a 30 day warranty at the start too? Anyway, you were more expensive when I ordered mine

you were cuter but then sold your soul ;o)

I do like that you are finally offering American shirts again though on shirt.woot (although Ive missed some ones I would have bought) - Off topic, but thought Id add it

snackjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snackjones

I bought one earlier at $249 price will I the discounted new price?

jm8881

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jm8881
snackjones wrote:I bought one earlier at $249 price will I the discounted new price?

see

ThunderThighs wrote:Price Update

Wow, the electronics boss hates hump day but luckily, he likes you guys.

Price is lowered to $229.99.

You know the drill, if you already bought it, you'll be funded the difference automagically.

Cheers!

FredWallace18

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FredWallace18

What is this "RCG spectrum" we are witnessing all of?

mikeymet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeymet

After much trepidation and hesitation, I bit.

Hope it doesn't bite me back.

I like-ah, doo-dah, dah-cha-cha

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78
azdarkknight wrote:

I do like that you are finally offering American shirts again though on shirt.woot (although Ive missed some ones I would have bought) - Off topic, but thought Id add it

What? American shirts are back? I never bought many but stopped paying attention when the shirts switched over. Time to start stumbling back over there...

rjolly87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjolly87

So, even after all of the Woot TV horror stories, at this price, I had to pull the trigger to replace my 32" CRT monster that is giving me lip.

Now, seeing as how this is going to end up happening sooner or later, I may as well start it sooner. So, here goes:

Is it shipped yet? Is it shipped yet? Is it shipped yet?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rjolly87 wrote:So, even after all of the Woot TV horror stories, at this price, I had to pull the trigger to replace my 32" CRT monster that is giving me lip.

Now, seeing as how this is going to end up happening sooner or later, I may as well start it sooner. So, here goes:

Is it shipped yet? Is it shipped yet? Is it shipped yet?

You ordered this Wednesday! lol
Usually it takes up to 5 business days from the sale to ship (in most instances less than that).

If you're concerned with your order please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

rjolly87

So, as it turns out, I got a hit with the reference number at Fedex.com. Mine rolled Thursday, estimated delivery is Tuesday.

One other thing I am excited about, is that it is coming through Phoenix. There is a freight line that runs from Phoenix to Houston (or Ft Worth/Dallas, cant remember which). That freight, transfers in Las Cruces usually.

The benefit, I could have this thing sooner than that. This is exciting!

Let the anticipation frenzy begin!

rjolly87

Wow, I was right, it's at my local facility as of 7:16am.

I hope it shows. I hope it shows. I hope it shows.

rjolly87

And.... Delivered!

I am stoked! Retail packaging (no brown box here), and the only real molestation is a chunk out of the cardboard, likely where it hooked on a corner somewhere. No concerns.

Not unpacked yet, I have to wait for help to move out 150lbs of TV out of the way. I will update accordingly. Super excited!

rjolly87

Verdict is in! So far so good!

clx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clx

How long is the processing on this site , bought this on the 15th and still hasn't shipped. Kinda wishing I cancelled and bought from newegg now

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

clx wrote:How long is the processing on this site , bought this on the 15th and still hasn't shipped. Kinda wishing I cancelled and bought from newegg now

This is being drop shipped directly from the vendor so please allow 3-5 business days for order processing and shipping out.

That said, I just checked and it looks like these have already shipped and we're just waiting on the tracking information.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

clx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clx
ThunderThighs wrote:This is being drop shipped directly from the vendor so please allow 3-5 business days for order processing and shipping out.

That said, I just checked and it looks like these have already shipped and we're just waiting on the tracking information.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Yea I was just looking through alternate ways of tracking the package and about to ask if the order number is the reference number... looks like the 22nd, Gotta love ordering anything not on a mon-tues taking seemingly 2 weeks to come.

Arekxu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arekxu

Is anyone else awaiting shipping at this point?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Arekxu wrote:Is anyone else awaiting shipping at this point?

See my post above.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Arekxu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arekxu
ThunderThighs wrote:See my post above.

Got it, thanks. Looks like the 22nd. I'm actually really surprised that it takes this long to deliver. Woot has gotten a bit sluggish these days.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Arekxu wrote:Got it, thanks. Looks like the 22nd. I'm actually really surprised that it takes this long to deliver. Woot has gotten a bit sluggish these days.

We use a variety of shipping methods such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, drop shipping (direct from vendor) and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)*. Shipping methods will vary from sale to sale and can also vary based on how far you live from the shipping point. Typically, FBA ships in 1-2 business days. Drop Ship in 3-5 business days.

You can see the shipping estimate on the sales detail page below the title or on your order page.

*When using FBA, we instruct our vendor to deliver the product to one or more fulfillment centers from which the product will then be shipped. Please note that we are not part of the Prime or Super Saver Shipping program.

FORUM MODERATOR

bsj723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsj723
ThunderThighs wrote:This is being drop shipped directly from the vendor so please allow 3-5 business days for order processing and shipping out.

...and there was much rejoicing. I am seeing tomorrow as the delivery date for my order. 7 days to receive a 28.6 lbs item for $5? That works for me. :-)

kodiak55

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kodiak55

Looks like mine's coming on Thursday. Now off to check when that new TV stand will be in. The opening on my current one is about 1/2" too narrow to fit this TV (too bad, because I really like my current stand).

stefanooo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefanooo

Mine says it is still awaiting shipping, this is the 5th working day. Should I be concerned?

bsj723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsj723
stefanooo wrote:Mine says it is still awaiting shipping, this is the 5th working day. Should I be concerned?

Check out Thunder Thighs' posts. There is information there you might find helpful.

rjolly87

Oh goody! Mine shipped finally, even though I have had it since Saturday.

detrbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages detrbear

I was sent a message yesterday that mine was shipping, and it arrived today. Original packaging, I could tell it had been used at least as far as the setup wizard not coming up, but wow, beautiful picture, decent sound for it coming out of the bottom. Happy so far...may get another one when they're back on Woot again!

phetish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phetish

Grrr... DOA. Actually, DOA+2hrs - It turned on for about 2 hours then the screen scrambled and became unresponsive. Now it won't even turn on.

ThunderThighs

Staff

phetish wrote:Grrr... DOA. Actually, DOA+2hrs - It turned on for about 2 hours then the screen scrambled and became unresponsive. Now it won't even turn on.

Dagnabbit. Please email support@woot.com and they'll give you some options.

FORUM MODERATOR

phetish

ThunderThighs wrote:Dagnabbit. Please email support@woot.com and they'll give you some options.

Submitted this morning, I have a spiffy little case number and everything

I will say that the picture was quite nice for the price!

phetish

phetish wrote:Submitted this morning, I have a spiffy little case number and everything

I will say that the picture was quite nice for the price!

RMA approved - will be getting a refund. No replacement was offered.

Woot has been responsive, and quick to RMA and refund, so they deserve kudos for that. Yet, it would have been nice to get the TV and not have the hassle of the DOA/RMA shuffle.

smithfire13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smithfire13

Sigh. HDMI1 and HDMI3 ports are not functional and HDMI2 is distorted with no sound. Was really looking forward to this one. Went to the support page and awaiting response.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

I have turned in 2 call tags and have not heard anything back. My tv looks as though it was damaged in shipping. It looks great when not turned on, but when plugged in the picture is a bright white with black. I would like to get another one, are there any available????

ThunderThighs

Staff

ashli143 wrote:I have turned in 2 call tags and have not heard anything back. My tv looks as though it was damaged in shipping. It looks great when not turned on, but when plugged in the picture is a bright white with black. I would like to get another one, are there any available????

Yowch. Have you checked your spam folders? CS is very good at responding and we do end up there quite a bit.

I'll ping them for you from this end too though.

FORUM MODERATOR

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
ThunderThighs wrote:Yowch. Have you checked your spam folders? CS is very good at responding and we do end up there quite a bit.

I'll ping them for you from this end too though.

I got it and dropped it off at my local fedex location. You guys sadly do not have any replacements, but I found an alternative for anyone else that received a defective unit. Newegg doesn't have hardly any info about the tv and its an LED LCD, not just LCD, so google the part number to get more info.

Here is the tv:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-TechBargains&cm_mmc=AFC-TechBargains-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16889290009

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
ashli143 wrote:I have turned in 2 call tags and have not heard anything back. My tv looks as though it was damaged in shipping. It looks great when not turned on, but when plugged in the picture is a bright white with black. I would like to get another one, are there any available????

Hi ashli143,

Woot CS here!

Looks like your TV is scheduled to arrive on 5/30. It can take between 3-5 business days for the refund to post.

Let us know at support@woot.com if you need anything further. =)

wannabfast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wannabfast

good bang for the buck, but i was expecting a little bit more clarity from the HD feeds, doesnt look like my old samsung, but does the trick for a spare bedroom