gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
nomwein wrote:Does anyone know how it stacks up against this (more expensive) HP laptop? http://www.woot.com/offers/envy-15-6-quad-core-i7-laptop-w-widi

The I7 is way more powerful, yet still uses HD4000 graphics. Having said that the resolution is still crappy 1366x768. Not really worthy of an I7. You're better off sticking with the AMD for less money-it makes more sense. Most people in this market don't need an I7, and those people that actually need an I7 would not settle on 1366x768 graphics.

purpletaz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purpletaz78

I am technologically stupid, does this toy come with a webcam? Do all laptops have webcams on them?

fightingpillow

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fightingpillow
purpletaz78 wrote:I am technologically stupid, does this toy come with a webcam? Do all laptops have webcams on them?

This laptop has a built-in webcam. Not all laptops do, but this one does.

celestesq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages celestesq

90-95% of my computer time is spent drafting documents and emails, doing online research, and shopping online. The most reliable laptop I ever had was a Toshiba. All sarcasms aside, is this sufficient to keep me going for a couple of years?

kozynferg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kozynferg

Is it just me or does that keyboard look more apropriate to a 17 inch laptop?

gak0090

celestesq wrote:90-95% of my computer time is spent drafting documents and emails, doing online research, and shopping online. The most reliable laptop I ever had was a Toshiba. All sarcasms aside, is this sufficient to keep me going for a couple of years?

This would fulfill those needs easily.

gak0090

kozynferg wrote:Is it just me or does that keyboard look more apropriate to a 17 inch laptop?

Over the last 10 years or so the aspect ratio has changed until it has arrived at the current (most popular) 16:9 widescreen display. So the older 15 inch displays are now 15.6 inch displays in widescreen format allowing the room for a small number pad on the right, that previously was only available on larger 17" screens.

norm401

quality posts: 1 Private Messages norm401

I WOOTED!
Now I get the pleasure of telling my cable service were to put it! Like where the sun don't shine. I'm cutting the cord on cable TV and using Internet only.

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday

*looks at the screen*

Huh. I didn't know they made Laptop GUIs in the 70s...

cormamin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cormamin

I bought one of these for my birthday and received it yesterday. The mouse touchpad has now stopped working as of an hour ago...any suggestions??

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cormamin wrote:I bought one of these for my birthday and received it yesterday. The mouse touchpad has now stopped working as of an hour ago...any suggestions??

Sorry for the problems. You can email support@woot.com for options.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

platypusrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages platypusrex

Anyone else get this with the wrong power cord? It doesn't fit the adapter.

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

platypusrex wrote:Anyone else get this with the wrong power cord? It doesn't fit the adapter.

If you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com they'll help you with the missing accessory.

platypusrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages platypusrex
ROGETRAY wrote:If you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com they'll help you with the missing accessory.

Oh I already had written when I posted.
Woot's answer is to return the laptop for a refund. Did it perhaps occur to Woot that I ordered the laptop because I needed it? Returning the laptop over an incorrect power cord is an assinine solution.

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

platypusrex wrote:Oh I already had written when I posted.
Woot's answer is to return the laptop for a refund. Did it perhaps occur to Woot that I ordered the laptop because I needed it? Returning the laptop over an incorrect power cord is an assinine solution.

Yeah. I can see your point. Thing is that we don't stock parts so it's our only option.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

moam88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moam88
cormamin wrote:I bought one of these for my birthday and received it yesterday. The mouse touchpad has now stopped working as of an hour ago...any suggestions??

Mine did the exact same thing. It has crashed relentlessly ever since I got it.