WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Metra In-Dash Car Stereos With Navigation

You'll see below that we sorted all the radios by car. That'll help you make your decision easier! Or, you know, if you fall in love with a radio and just can't live without it, buy it and then buy the corresponding car. Problem solved! Trust us, the car dealer will say the same thing.

Quality Posts

Bogie21

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Bogie21

The "http://www.metraonline.com/" website isn't working for me. Is it working for anyone else?

seraphina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seraphina
Bogie21 wrote:The "http://www.metraonline.com/" website isn't working for me. Is it working for anyone else?

Not for me. Really want to see if the GM one will fit my 2012 Grand Caravan.

~Seraphina

Bogie21

@seraphina I found a cateloge with the different models with more specific information regarding car models:

http://www.bogiebowen.com/catalogs/metra%20expeditor2012.pdf

I was able to find the 2008-2011 Grand Caravan, but nothing regarding 2012 on that link

The Ford one will work with the 2006-2007 Ford Explorer sport trac if anyone else is interested.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

These are "direct fit", but all that means is it will fit the space in your dash. You'll likely still need the following to make everything work:
-Antenna adapter
-Steering wheel control module
-Door/warning chime retention module

This may add another $100 to the cost.

Also, Amazon has those cameras for the same price. Not so great reviews.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Funny story.

I had a customer come into my shop with one of these about... 2 weeks ago? It was freezing up and rebooting randomly. He just wanted to know if I knew what was causing the problem. I told him I could inspect all the wiring behind the dash if he wanted, as a flaky power connection could cause rebooting...but not freezing. He told me all his connections were soldered and it would be highly unlikely the cause. I agreed and said there's really nothing more I can do, but just out of curiousity... where did he buy this unit? His reply, "Woot dot com." I laughed out loud as I KNEW I had seen them up on Woot not but 2-3 weeks before that. We talked about Woot a bit before I bid him good luck.

Moral of the story... think I'd pass on these. Not to mention I've had my share of bad electronic interface modules from Metra (XSVI-9003-NAV interface and the Mazda RX8 kit come to mind if you're reading this Metra).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Bogie21 wrote:The "http://www.metraonline.com/" website isn't working for me. Is it working for anyone else?

Metra is working on it. Maybe all the wooters took down their servers. LOL.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Its been down a couple days. I noticed it mid-Saturday at work.

metraelectronics

quality posts: 9 Private Messages metraelectronics
seraphina wrote:Not for me. Really want to see if the GM one will fit my 2012 Grand Caravan.

No the GM won't fit.. You would have to use the MDF-6511-2. We are working on getting it handled.

metraelectronics

firebirdude wrote:Funny story.

I had a customer come into my shop with one of these about... 2 weeks ago? It was freezing up and rebooting randomly. He just wanted to know if I knew what was causing the problem. I told him I could inspect all the wiring behind the dash if he wanted, as a flaky power connection could cause rebooting...but not freezing. He told me all his connections were soldered and it would be highly unlikely the cause. I agreed and said there's really nothing more I can do, but just out of curiousity... where did he buy this unit? His reply, "Woot dot com." I laughed out loud as I KNEW I had seen them up on Woot not but 2-3 weeks before that. We talked about Woot a bit before I bid him good luck.

Moral of the story... think I'd pass on these. Not to mention I've had my share of bad electronic interface modules from Metra (XSVI-9003-NAV interface and the Mazda RX8 kit come to mind if you're reading this Metra).

Let me know if I can help... Did you call your Metra rep?

Kurtiscochran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kurtiscochran

I bought one in the last woot sale for my ford five hundred. I like the interface. But a week after I put it in the GPS won't load. Then I tried putting a CD in (I know, so 1996, what was I thinking?) and it won't accept a CD, like its being blocked by something as it gets toward the back. Any help on troubleshooting these, Metra, would be helpful. I've already had to shell out to have it installed, so things are getting expensive quickly!

metraelectronics

Kurtiscochran wrote:I bought one in the last woot sale for my ford five hundred. I like the interface. But a week after I put it in the GPS won't load. Then I tried putting a CD in (I know, so 1996, what was I thinking?) and it won't accept a CD, like its being blocked by something as it gets toward the back. Any help on troubleshooting these, Metra, would be helpful. I've already had to shell out to have it installed, so things are getting expensive quickly!

They left the transport screws in the top of the radio. Those will have to be removed.

theglue99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theglue99
Kurtiscochran wrote:I bought one in the last woot sale for my ford five hundred. I like the interface. But a week after I put it in the GPS won't load. Then I tried putting a CD in (I know, so 1996, what was I thinking?) and it won't accept a CD, like its being blocked by something as it gets toward the back. Any help on troubleshooting these, Metra, would be helpful. I've already had to shell out to have it installed, so things are getting expensive quickly!

Make sure you have removed the "shipping screws" that were in the top of the unit (before installing it). Sounds like you have it in the dash already, so you'll need to pull it back out enough to reach the screws. Once you remove them, you should be able to fully insert a CD.

theglue99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theglue99

I bought the GM direct replacement one last time around (about a month ago) for my 2009 Enclave; needless to say, it is in a box and on it's way back to Woot right now. The unit itself barely fits into the opening, but with the required extra modules for retaining SWC (steering wheel controls) and also OnStar/door chimes/etc, there was no way for me to "comfortably" fit all the cabling and module pieces into the dash unless I started cutting up the dash interior or doing some fancy wiring and long runs to hide the modules in other places like behind my glove compartment.

It's not a bad unit, but the "direct replacement" IMHO is a bit misleading, since you can't just swap out the factory one and use the same connections and retain the same functionalities; the additional ~$200 in modules and the space they consumed is what killed this deal for me.

metraelectronics

seraphina wrote:Not for me. Really want to see if the GM one will fit my 2012 Grand Caravan.

Here you go MDF-6511-2...

http://www.woot.com/offers/chrysler-2007-12-direct-fit-multimedianavi-1

Bogie21

Spoke with my car audio guy. Said I should pick up the Ford model asap. So, in for one.

tru335

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tru335

Will the Nissan model work in a 2006 Infinity G35 (or Nissan 350Z)?

Kurtiscochran

theglue99 wrote:Make sure you have removed the "shipping screws" that were in the top of the unit (before installing it). Sounds like you have it in the dash already, so you'll need to pull it back out enough to reach the screws. Once you remove them, you should be able to fully insert a CD.

Thanks so much!

rubysoho

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rubysoho

Why would you want to see if the GM one would fit your Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicle?

Kurtiscochran

metraelectronics wrote:They left the transport screws in the top of the radio. Those will have to be removed.

Thanks so much! Very helpful and appreciate the quick response! Any thoughts on the GPS? Screen stays on "GPS Loading" White screen. Also, do you happen to know what piece of equipment I will need to connect to my steering wheel controls? I have a 2007 Ford Five Hundred. Thanks Again!

metraelectronics

tru335 wrote:Will the Nissan model work in a 2006 Infinity G35 (or Nissan 350Z)?

No sorry...

chefferz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefferz

I know why these are on sale.

The maps inside the units arent upgradeable at all. I tried and tried to find a way to update mine from the 2009 maps loaded, and only found one option that cost $150 for 2010 maps.

Absolutely ridiculous. Seeing as I live within the UK, I figured I'd able to at least purchase some Europe maps, but I cannot because the company that produces the maps for this unit went bust in early 2010.

If anyone could direct me where to buy the maps for Europe, for the Toyota version of this, I would really appreciate it. But all my emails to Metra have gone unanswered.

chefferz

Also,

What other parts would I need if I purchased the 2010 Kia Soul + w/ upgraded sound version of this? Are all the parts included I need to ensure compatibility with my steering wheel controls/microphone?

sste0390

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sste0390

I have a 2011 Toyota Rav4 and a 2007 Nissan Xterra. I looked at their catalogue to see if any models were comparable, but is there an other resource? Perhaps a list on a different website? The catalogue was loading super slow on my computer.

metraelectronics

Website is back up and running.

www.metraonline.com

nineseven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nineseven

if you had a 07 4 runner on their I would be all over that

napes4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages napes4

I just bought the 5812-2 model for 2007 ford mustang. From what I understand I only need a wiring harness. Can someone provide a link of the proper one to purchase. Thanks.

metraelectronics

sste0390 wrote:I have a 2011 Toyota Rav4 and a 2007 Nissan Xterra. I looked at their catalogue to see if any models were comparable, but is there an other resource? Perhaps a list on a different website? The catalogue was loading super slow on my computer.

MDF-8217-1 for the Rav4 but nothing for the Xterra.

beachtown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beachtown

Any chance any of these would work in a 2010 Nissan Altima?

cpchristensen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cpchristensen

I too looked on their website to see if they have anything to fit a Honda Ridgeline. Metra can you tell us if you get products in randomly such as this?

chefferz

Metra,

Why are you passing by my questions? Can you give me a legitimate answer on how the navigation maps are upgradeable, if at all? I bought the Toyota one last round and wouldn't have spend that money if I knew the maps weren't upgradeable.

metraelectronics

chefferz wrote:Metra,

Why are you passing by my questions? Can you give me a legitimate answer on how the navigation maps are upgradeable, if at all? I bought the Toyota one last round and wouldn't have spend that money if I knew the maps weren't upgradeable.

I am not "PASSING BY" your question. I am waiting on the same answer from the other department.. When I know everyone will know..

heartofbruce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heartofbruce

Glad you got your website back up! But it stills leaves questions for me. I own a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD diesel with built-in navigation, the gas models are listed but mine is not. Any idea if one of these could replace my unit?

metraelectronics

heartofbruce wrote:Glad you got your website back up! But it stills leaves questions for me. I own a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD diesel with built-in navigation, the gas models are listed but mine is not. Any idea if one of these could replace my unit?

Same as the gas version. Won't fit. Sorry...

smrider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smrider

Will the Ford version work in a 2004 Excursion?

prashanth1985

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prashanth1985

Will any of the Toyota ones work on a Lexus IS250?

metraelectronics

smrider wrote:Will the Ford version work in a 2004 Excursion?

No sorry

metraelectronics

prashanth1985 wrote:Will any of the Toyota ones work on a Lexus IS250?

No sorry

8thdimension

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8thdimension
metraelectronics wrote:No sorry

Metra,

Anything on this list (or even independent of it -- I'm desperate) for an 07 Murano (Bose kit)?

I saw some faceplates and adapters on your site, but not an stereo system.

Thanks,

RZ

napes4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages napes4

Metra,

Can you tell me what else I need to buy ro install the 5812-2 in 2007 Ford Mustang w/ shaker 500. I am trying to figure out which wiring harness and other pieces I need to complete the installtion and where I can purchase it Thanks.