metraelectronics

quality posts: 9 Private Messages metraelectronics
8thdimension wrote:Metra,

Anything on this list (or even independent of it -- I'm desperate) for an 07 Murano (Bose kit)?

I saw some faceplates and adapters on your site, but not an stereo system.

Thanks,

RZ

99-7612A OR 99-7612B just kits... Sorry

pjmalinauskas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjmalinauskas

If at all possible, can you explain how the Nissan direct fit model would fit in a 2010 Rogue? It is a double-DIN opening, but the factory stereo incorporates a particular curve along the bottom edge, that the pictured stereo does not. Unlike the Juke, for example, which actually has a rectangular stereo face.

In fact, Metra makes a kit to fit other aftermarket stereos into the Rogue dash. Is this what would be needed?

metraelectronics

pjmalinauskas wrote:If at all possible, can you explain how the Nissan direct fit model would fit in a 2010 Rogue? It is a double-DIN opening, but the factory stereo incorporates a particular curve along the bottom edge, that the pictured stereo does not. Unlike the Juke, for example, which actually has a rectangular stereo face.

In fact, Metra makes a kit to fit other aftermarket stereos into the Rogue dash. Is this what would be needed?

No unfortunately you would have to use a kit and a universal radio. THE Nissan DF will not fit..

evan97tj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evan97tj

Will this work on my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe? I have the Limited edition with Infinity stereo. When I punch in my vehicle stats on the Metra website it brings up dash kits, but no actual units.

metraelectronics

pjmalinauskas wrote:If at all possible, can you explain how the Nissan direct fit model would fit in a 2010 Rogue? It is a double-DIN opening, but the factory stereo incorporates a particular curve along the bottom edge, that the pictured stereo does not. Unlike the Juke, for example, which actually has a rectangular stereo face.

No unfortunately you would have to use a kit and a universal radio. THE Nissan DF will not fit..

metraelectronics

evan97tj wrote:Will this work on my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe? I have the Limited edition with Infinity stereo. When I punch in my vehicle stats on the Metra website it brings up dash kits, but no actual units.

No unfortunately it will not work.

oldcqr

quality posts: 13 Private Messages oldcqr

Sigh.....

The last time I saw these I suggested Metra put up a 'Universal' one. Looks like that fell on deaf ears

metraelectronics

oldcqr wrote:Sigh.....

The last time I saw these I suggested Metra put up a 'Universal' one. Looks like that fell on deaf ears

Huh?... Those are all gone.. Sorry

live2long

quality posts: 0 Private Messages live2long

I just returned my Metra unit from the last WOOT sale. Beware, users have already seen issues with the GPS on these units not even being able to start up. Also, additional wiring harnesses are needed, ranging from $50-150+, and make sure to get one with navigation options. You will need the rear and parking break signals.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

After giving my previous negative review of this product earlier, I think it's only fair to clear up some things that have been posted:

Yes, a wiring harness is going to be required. But that doesn't automatically mean $50.. $100.. $150 dollars. It could be as little as 5 bucks depending on the vehicle you'll be installing it in. Even the most expensive interface modules out there go for ~$80 online. And that's absolute worst case scenario. Most of your GM vehicles will require an interface of some kind. And Toyota's with the JBL system often require the TYTO-01 interface. If you don't fall into one of those categories, odds are your harness is very cheap. (Others left out due to a lack of offering in this sale, so it's irrelevant).

Next, an antenna adapter is not required for every vehicle. If it is required for yours, they can be had online for $5-$8 all day.

True, your factory steering wheel controls are not going to work without another add-on interface. Metra's is 50 bucks from Amazon and programs itself in 95% of vehicles. PAC electronics is another well-respected name and offers SWC interfaces for $30-$40 on Amazon. Not every vehicle even has steering wheel controls and, from my experience, people that do have them don't seem to care about them much. But others do. It's your call.

Just making it clear that the installation parts that are needed may end up costing many buyers under 10 bucks. Do your research about your specific vehicle before assuming it's going to cost an arm and a leg, as it won't for a majority of you.

Virto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Virto

In for one for GM.

I figure I should be able to get it up and running without the extra modules, and if the thing works better than the sh-- stock multimedia player, I'll keep it and go from there.

If it's too much work to get going, it'll go...right back to woot.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
Virto wrote:In for one for GM.

I figure I should be able to get it up and running without the extra modules, and if the thing works better than the sh-- stock multimedia player, I'll keep it and go from there.

Don't know which GM model you have, but you'll need to find your own ignition source, you'll lose OnStar (if you have it), you'll lose your reminder chimes and you'll lose your retained accessory feature without the interface module (probably GMOS-01).

metraelectronics

Virto wrote:In for one for GM.

Yea at least grab an LC-GMRC-LAN-01 and I hope you don't have BOSE.

gorillabiscuit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gorillabiscuit

I bought the ford direct fit stereo last woot... it was very pretty. Now? There's an empty space in my dashboard where my stereo used to be as I wait for Jo-Di's in Hartford to fix it (GPS Loading... issue) and send it back to me. They were nice about it, but I had to pay the shipping there...

Virto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Virto
metraelectronics wrote:Yea at least grab an LC-GMRC-LAN-01 and I hope you don't have BOSE.

I also have LC-GMRC-LAN-01 on order, since I don't have OnStar and I don't have Bose (former fleet/rental car).

If everything works well in the short term, I'll look into an interface to get the SW controls back - if things are a pain, it'll just get returned.

Firebird: It's a 2011 Impala

partyman973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partyman973

Will the GM radio fit a 2008 Gmc Savana van. Its a work truck and I would love the bluetooth feature. If it will fit what extra parts would I need for best performance. thanks

llluneeklll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llluneeklll
chefferz wrote:I know why these are on sale.

The maps inside the units arent upgradeable at all. I tried and tried to find a way to update mine from the 2009 maps loaded, and only found one option that cost $150 for 2010 maps.

Absolutely ridiculous. Seeing as I live within the UK, I figured I'd able to at least purchase some Europe maps, but I cannot because the company that produces the maps for this unit went bust in early 2010.

If anyone could direct me where to buy the maps for Europe, for the Toyota version of this, I would really appreciate it. But all my emails to Metra have gone unanswered.

Yeah, because you know how much streets change every year =/

garrettwheat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garrettwheat

Will the "Metra MDF-3305-2 GM 2006-2012 Direct Fit OE Style Multimedia+Navigation System" fit an 07 Chevy Silverado? I can't seem to find that part on the site and from what I found searching my model it looks like it would. Just would like to verify if possible. Thanks.

Bogie21

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Bogie21

@metraelectronics: I purchased the "Metra MDF-5812-2 Ford 2004-2012 Direct Fit OE Style Multimedia+Navigation System" For my 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

What else will I need to purchase to get everything working (Steering Wheel controls, etc)? I'd like to try to have everything on hand when the unit is received so I can pop it in and go.

Thanks!

engfant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages engfant

Will this work with a 2008 Rogue Bose radio? It has the sub in the spare.

YourBossDownTheHall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YourBossDownTheHall
metraelectronics wrote:Let me know if I can help... Did you call your Metra rep?

Yes, we have been in contact with a Metra rep and followed some basic troubleshooting per his instructions.

The point is the device works fine until it "warms up" and then it reboots and/or the display doesn't come back online.

We were told that we would have to send the unit in for repairs as the units sold by Woot are "clearance" items and don't merit a replacement.

alexfierro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexfierro

Hey Metra, will I need a harness for the Rav4 one?

Also, is there a "no video while driving" setting on these? If so, if I (hypothetically of course) wanted to disable that, can I just ground it or will I need a special parking brake bypass?

k2wananb

quality posts: 12 Private Messages k2wananb

Anyone know if the Chrysler one will fit a 1997 Dodge Ram?

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420
theglue99 wrote:I bought the GM direct replacement one last time around (about a month ago) for my 2009 Enclave; needless to say, it is in a box and on it's way back to Woot right now. The unit itself barely fits into the opening, but with the required extra modules for retaining SWC (steering wheel controls) and also OnStar/door chimes/etc, there was no way for me to "comfortably" fit all the cabling and module pieces into the dash unless I started cutting up the dash interior or doing some fancy wiring and long runs to hide the modules in other places like behind my glove compartment.

It's not a bad unit, but the "direct replacement" IMHO is a bit misleading, since you can't just swap out the factory one and use the same connections and retain the same functionalities; the additional ~$200 in modules and the space they consumed is what killed this deal for me.

That's pretty much par for the course with aftermarket stereos. I got a Pioneer a while back and had to buy a $100 amplifier interface harness, a $35 module to maintain steering wheel controls, and a $30 dash kit. (All of it from Metra because they're the only ones who made such parts.) I'm just glad that nothing critical like A/C control, door sensors, etc. are tied to my stereo, just an information display, lest it be another couple hundred in override modules.

kade199

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kade199

Check out the reviews here. only ones i see for the highlander but i would say if one has a problem they probably all have the same issues.
plus it supports what firebirdude said earlier... I knew it seemed too good to be true!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44904_Metra-MDF-8222-1.html

firebirdude's comment...
"Funny story.

I had a customer come into my shop with one of these about... 2 weeks ago? It was freezing up and rebooting randomly. He just wanted to know if I knew what was causing the problem. I told him I could inspect all the wiring behind the dash if he wanted, as a flaky power connection could cause rebooting...but not freezing. He told me all his connections were soldered and it would be highly unlikely the cause. I agreed and said there's really nothing more I can do, but just out of curiousity... where did he buy this unit? His reply, "Woot dot com." I laughed out loud as I KNEW I had seen them up on Woot not but 2-3 weeks before that. We talked about Woot a bit before I bid him good luck.

Moral of the story... think I'd pass on these. Not to mention I've had my share of bad electronic interface modules from Metra (XSVI-9003-NAV interface and the Mazda RX8 kit come to mind if you're reading this Metra)."

eastonfrost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eastonfrost
llluneeklll wrote:Yeah, because you know how much streets change every year =/

You've never driven in Minnesota. I had a GPS unit a couple years back that showed me literally driving through the fields. The maps on the GPS were 2 years out of date and in that time a new highway was opened. If I didn't pretty much know my way around I would have been confused.

rosweed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosweed

Will any of these fit my 2010 Toyota Prius?

bodsford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bodsford

I purchased one for a 2006 Toyota tundra double cab last time these were up. Installation was pretty easy and the fit is perfect. I did not have to buy any additional parts as everything was included that I needed. The sound is great, the iPod interface works well, the DVD player is good though the touchscreen interface was a little confusing at first. I even ran a video-out to the screen on the ceiling (already in my truck) with no problems. All is not perfect though... The GPS seems to have a hard time locking on to Sats on occasion. I cannot figure out why. I have the antenna on the dash. Sometimes it gets them vary quickly, other times it will go hours without finding them. The second problem is the Bluetooth and the external mic. From my side it sounds good, but to my callers they hear a persistent beep/buzz that repeats, probably caused by some interference somewhere but I cannot determine where. It does not make that sound using the onboard mic. The last and least concerning is the infrared remote does not seem to work... Well the remote appears to be sending a signal but the head unit does not respond at all.

I am still fiddling with the issues (and yes I called tech support, they said they didn't know what to do about the mic interference issues and the GPS works great in their shop even inside the building so I need to mount the antenna outside of the car :-/ I have other gps antennas that work just fine inside the car, in fact most gps devices are mounted inside! ). In any case it's primary job of music and video work great. I hope to get the other issues worked out but even if I don't I am happy.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Aw, the GM one only works for 2006-2012. I was looking forward to doubling the value of my Chevy Cavalier LS, too! :-(

metraelectronics

partyman973 wrote:Will the GM radio fit a 2008 Gmc Savana van. Its a work truck and I would love the bluetooth feature. If it will fit what extra parts would I need for best performance. thanks

If you don't care about OnStar and don't have Bose you can use an LC-GMRC-LAN-01 and a 40-CR10.

metraelectronics

garrettwheat wrote:Will the "Metra MDF-3305-2 GM 2006-2012 Direct Fit OE Style Multimedia+Navigation System" fit an 07 Chevy Silverado? I can't seem to find that part on the site and from what I found searching my model it looks like it would. Just would like to verify if possible. Thanks.

Do you have the newer body or "Classic"?

metraelectronics

Bogie21 wrote:@metraelectronics: I purchased the "Metra MDF-5812-2 Ford 2004-2012 Direct Fit OE Style Multimedia+Navigation System" For my 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

What else will I need to purchase to get everything working (Steering Wheel controls, etc)? I'd like to try to have everything on hand when the unit is received so I can pop it in and go.

Thanks!

Yes you need a 70-5521 and an ASWC-1.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 26 Private Messages corvettejoe

the Hyundai and Nissan radios look to be standard double din sized. Any walmart kit let you install this into any standard double din vehicle. For those with funky built in radios in their dash, check amazon for your year model "dash kit" and you can usually find a double din kit that's the same shape as your dash. Don't let the "these will only fit these models" deter you. Double din is double din.

If you have any doubts, check Crutchfield and you will see most can fit a standard double din radio.... the rest of these just come "pre installed" with the funky shaped dash trim for your convenience.... so...if the reviews are good... these are a GREAT price for doing what they do! Don't let your car's model not being listed deter you from fitting one of the standard sized double din's in.

I would be ALL OVER either the nissan/hyundai model for my 02 Explorer, except I just bought another model/brand a few months back for it.

metraelectronics

alexfierro wrote:Hey Metra, will I need a harness for the Rav4 one?

Also, is there a "no video while driving" setting on these? If so, if I (hypothetically of course) wanted to disable that, can I just ground it or will I need a special parking brake bypass?

It is a direct plug and play. I can't answer the video question as it is illegal to watch video while driving. When you get the unit read the install manual...

YourBossDownTheHall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YourBossDownTheHall

@metra guy

YourBossDownTheHall wrote:Yes, we have been in contact with a Metra rep and followed some basic troubleshooting per his instructions.

The point is the device works fine until it "warms up" and then it reboots and/or the display doesn't come back online.

We were told that we would have to send the unit in for repairs as the units sold by Woot are "clearance" items and don't merit a replacement.

rockofthed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockofthed

Is there anyone out there with something positive to say about these?

liendluu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liendluu

Hi Metra
Will the Nissan model fit 04 Lexus RX330? Thanks.

oldcqr

quality posts: 13 Private Messages oldcqr
metraelectronics wrote:Huh?... Those are all gone.. Sorry

The last sale I expressed that I would love the universal one you sell. You (well, maybe not exactly YOU, but the company) said to keep an eye out. When I saw this sale I was hoping one would be in the list.

Hope that clarifies it

jasonr919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonr919

I'm looking at getting the MDF-3305-2 for my 2007 Silverado with Bose System. Are the only other parts I need a wiring harness or do I need a seperate adapter for my steering wheel controls?

cjdownin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjdownin

Metra,
I know woot posted a link to your page to check compatability, but my '06 Impala is not showing the PN listed here... First off, will the GM fit my '06 Impala? Second, what else would I need in order to install?

Thanks