thelob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelob

I previously bought the metra stereo replacement here for my 2010 Dodge Challenger SE, and I found that even though the faceplate of the new unit is an exact fit to the stock dashboard, the rear of the Metra stereo does not fit.
The stock stereo is smaller in the back, and there are four plastic feed ramps that hold the stock unit in place. To make the metra replacement fit I would have to grind off the ramps.

As for the metra unit itself, I cabled it up (without installing it in the dash of course) and it worked fine. I was able to test everything except the bluetooth functionality.

Also, here is the thread discussing this deal previously:
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5407471.
There were only 4 different models from what I remember (GM, Ford, Chrystler, and Toyota from what I remember), so there is a much greater range in this deal here.

I hope this helps.

BLOWN383

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BLOWN383

Do the nav units work with the Iphone 5?

metraelectronics

quality posts: 9 Private Messages metraelectronics
corvettejoe wrote:the Hyundai and Nissan radios look to be standard double din sized. Any walmart kit let you install this into any standard double din vehicle. For those with funky built in radios in their dash, check amazon for your year model "dash kit" and you can usually find a double din kit that's the same shape as your dash. Don't let the "these will only fit these models" deter you. Double din is double din.

If you have any doubts, check Crutchfield and you will see most can fit a standard double din radio.... the rest of these just come "pre installed" with the funky shaped dash trim for your convenience.... so...if the reviews are good... these are a GREAT price for doing what they do! Don't let your car's model not being listed deter you from fitting one of the standard sized double din's in.

I would be ALL OVER either the nissan/hyundai model for my 02 Explorer, except I just bought another model/brand a few months back for it.

They might look like standard DBL Din units but I will assure you they are not. These are meant for the vehicles listed. They are by no means a "universal fit".

metraelectronics

cjdownin wrote:Metra,
I know woot posted a link to your page to check compatability, but my '06 Impala is not showing the PN listed here... First off, will the GM fit my '06 Impala? Second, what else would I need in order to install?

Thanks

It will fit a 2006 Impala. The following parts are needed.
LC-GMRC-LAN-01 if no Bose or onStar
GMOS-LAN-01(if has onStar no Bose)
GMOS-LAN-02(if has Bose and onStar)
40-CR10 ( antenna adapter)
ASWC-1 (steering wheel control)

brasssong

quality posts: 11 Private Messages brasssong

What? Nothing for a 2008 VW Eos?

I need to replace mine.

dwaterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwaterman

Will the Ford unit work in a 2006 Mustang?

npujani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npujani

1) Will the Honda CRV one work for 2011 CR-V SE as well?
2) Does it include GPS maps SD card or maps are inbuilt - there is slot for it on the system though?
3) Do you know if I will have to run back view camera cables from back to front or 2011 CRV has it pre-cabled?

thnx.

cjdownin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjdownin
metraelectronics wrote:It will fit a 2006 Impala. The following parts are needed.
LC-GMRC-LAN-01 if no Bose or onStar
GMOS-LAN-01(if has onStar no Bose)
GMOS-LAN-02(if has Bose and onStar)
40-CR10 ( antenna adapter)
ASWC-1 (steering wheel control)

Do I really need a Chrysler antenna adapter? or the GM equivalent?

metraelectronics

dwaterman wrote:Will the Ford unit work in a 2006 Mustang?

This will fit.

rosweed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosweed

Will one of these fit my 2010 Toyota Prius?

metraelectronics

cjdownin wrote:Do I really need a Chrysler antenna adapter? or the GM equivalent?

Your vehicle requires a 40-CR10. A 40-GM10 will only work in 2002-05 Impalas. Thanks

metraelectronics

rosweed wrote:Will one of these fit my 2010 Toyota Prius?

No sorry..

videogrinch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages videogrinch

Cheaper here:

http://www.nulime.com/metra-install-bay-license-plate-mountable/p1250084?gclid=CL2Mne_Dp7cCFclj7AodrlkAog

thelob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelob
BLOWN383 wrote:Do the nav units work with the Iphone 5?

The iPhone/iPod cable that came with mine (for Chrysler) was the old 30 pin connector.

joyrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joyrex

I have a 2007 Saturn Aura (hybrid/green-line, if that matters)

I don't care about onstar, but I do care about my steering wheel controls.

I see the Outlook and the Vue from Saturn, but nothing on the Aura.
Will it fit, and what accessories will I need?

Thanks

pjabbott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjabbott

I don't see anything resembling a hands-free microphone in the picture. Would I need to buy one separately?

metraelectronics

pjabbott wrote:I don't see anything resembling a hands-free microphone in the picture. Would I need to buy one separately?

The unit comes with a separate MIC for BT.

napes4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages napes4

I have not received my unit yet (5812-2), but I heard that the maps are from 2009, someone said updates cost $150?? I found this online

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/newCatalog?area=7&selectedTab=3

looks like the latest map update is $65 for those interested

alexfierro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexfierro
BLOWN383 wrote:Do the nav units work with the Iphone 5?

They come with a 30 pin. You can use a 30 pin to 8 pin adapter, but make sure it's an authentic one or the "version 2" knockoff. The first run of Chinese fake adapters were for charging and syncing only won't pass the data you need for this to pick up your music.

If you ask me though, what I would do is get a $35 HDMI -> RCA adapter that's USB powered. (Check eBay). And then get a 8 pin lightning to HDMI adapter. You can then mirror your display to show on the stereo screen and play music and movies using the stereo's AV IN mode. It's an expensive solution though.

bonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bonkey

Metra,

I own a 2012 Toyota RAV4. I noticed the RAV4 version is only good up to 2010, yet the interiors look essentially similar. Is this a total no-go for me, or is this kit doable with some extra work. I'm pretty handy.

Thanks!

metraelectronics

bonkey wrote:Metra,

I own a 2012 Toyota RAV4. I noticed the RAV4 version is only good up to 2010, yet the interiors look essentially similar. Is this a total no-go for me, or is this kit doable with some extra work. I'm pretty handy.

Thanks!

The MDF-8217-1 will fit..

YourBossDownTheHall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YourBossDownTheHall

@metraelectronics

YourBossDownTheHall wrote:@metra guy

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1
pjabbott wrote:I don't see anything resembling a hands-free microphone in the picture. Would I need to buy one separately?

The mic is the black cable in the bottom right between the USB and short 3.5mm AV adapter. (2nd from right on bottom)

sholtz77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sholtz77

Metra,

I own a 2011 GMC Terrain. When I look online there looks to be many additional parts that I will need to purchase. Can you confirm this and if so, which additional parts will I need to ensure the steering wheel controls, BT and rear back-up camera still work. Thanks in advance.

DemonXanth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DemonXanth

Boo! They don't have a direct fit for a '61 Corvair!

metraelectronics

sholtz77 wrote:Metra,

I own a 2011 GMC Terrain. When I look online there looks to be many additional parts that I will need to purchase. Can you confirm this and if so, which additional parts will I need to ensure the steering wheel controls, BT and rear back-up camera still work. Thanks in advance.

This will not fit in your Terrain. Sorry

bsmith1

When connecting a rearview camera, what do I connect the pinkish "Reverse" wire to? Does this connect to a power source that is only active when the car is in reverse?

What is the purpose of that wire? To automatically switch to the camera input when in reverse? What if I don't connect it, can I manually switch to the camera source?

bonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bonkey
metraelectronics wrote:The MDF-8217-1 will fit..

Thanks! Are you sure? Since posting this I've been looking at the RAV4 forums and there was a change to the stock stereo in 2012 from a custom to a double-DIN type stereo mount.

Assuming this will work, do you know if anything esle would be required, or is this plug-and-play? (Beyond the back-up camera of course).

Thanks so much!

metraelectronics

bsmith1 wrote:When connecting a rearview camera, what do I connect the pinkish "Reverse" wire to? Does this connect to a power source that is only active when the car is in reverse?

What is the purpose of that wire? To automatically switch to the camera input when in reverse? What if I don't connect it, can I manually switch to the camera source?

When connecting a rearview camera, what do I connect the pinkish "Reverse" wire to? To the vehicles reverse wire. Does this connect to a power source that is only active when the car is in reverse? Yes

What is the purpose of that wire? To trigger the screen to come on when vehicles is put into reverse. To automatically switch to the camera input when in reverse? Yes. What if I don't connect it, can I manually switch to the camera source? Yes and no. You could hook the camera to "video in" or wire to a remote switch. I recommend having it professionally installed.
Thanks.

BLOWN383

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BLOWN383

Thank you very much!

-B

alexfierro wrote:They come with a 30 pin. You can use a 30 pin to 8 pin adapter, but make sure it's an authentic one or the "version 2" knockoff. The first run of Chinese fake adapters were for charging and syncing only won't pass the data you need for this to pick up your music.

If you ask me though, what I would do is get a $35 HDMI -> RCA adapter that's USB powered. (Check eBay). And then get a 8 pin lightning to HDMI adapter. You can then mirror your display to show on the stereo screen and play music and movies using the stereo's AV IN mode. It's an expensive solution though.

sholtz77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sholtz77
metraelectronics wrote:This will not fit in your Terrain. Sorry

-Thanks anyway

bsmith1

metraelectronics wrote: I recommend having it professionally installed.
Thanks.

Nah, you answered my questions. I got this! I've already installed the unit, I'm just going to add a $15 camera I found on Amazon. I just wish there was SOME form of installation instructions included with the units. Or even an explanation of the inputs and what they do. It's good to know that the camera input will only work when in reverse. There was no mention of the camera option in the user manual included with the unit.

orgazma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orgazma

I have a 2007 Rav4 sport with the JBL audio. What additional parts do I need to order to install Toyota Rav 4 2006-10 Direct Fit Multimedia+Navi?

metraelectronics

8thdimension wrote:Metra,

Anything on this list (or even independent of it -- I'm desperate) for an 07 Murano (Bose kit)?

I saw some faceplates and adapters on your site, but not an stereo system.

Thanks,

RZ

99-7612A or a 99-7612B, 40-NI10 and an aftermarket deck and your good to go.

metraelectronics

orgazma wrote:I have a 2007 Rav4 sport with the JBL audio. What additional parts do I need to order to install Toyota Rav 4 2006-10 Direct Fit Multimedia+Navi?

A TYTO-01 and your good to go. If you have steering wheel control add the ASWC-1..

mattdyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattdyer

I have a 2010 Toyota Rav4 base, without the JBL, and no steering wheel controls. From the pictures provided it looks like there is an adapter to the stock wiring harness included.

Is this a correct assumption? Or will I need to get an adapter like 71-1761?

metraelectronics

mattdyer wrote:I have a 2010 Toyota Rav4 base, without the JBL, and no steering wheel controls. From the pictures provided it looks like there is an adapter to the stock wiring harness included.

Is this a correct assumption? Or will I need to get an adapter like 71-1761?

No need for anything else. It will plug right in..

liendluu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liendluu

Metra,
Will any unit list fit 04 Lexus RX330? Thanks

metraelectronics

liendluu wrote:Metra,
Will any unit list fit 04 Lexus RX330? Thanks

We offer a dash kit and harness to change the radio to an aftermarket. Nothing for direct fit. the following part numbers are needed to install an aftermarket in your RX.

99-8159S
TYTO-01
ASWC-1

npujani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npujani
npujani wrote:1) Will the Honda CRV one work for 2011 CR-V SE as well?
2) Does it include GPS maps SD card or maps are inbuilt - there is slot for it on the system though?
3) Do you know if I will have to run back view camera cables from back to front or 2011 CRV has it pre-cabled?

thnx.

Still waiting to hear back around Honda CRV - have not seen anything in this thread so far around CRV...