cameroon66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameroon66

Hi Metra Rep.

I have an 08 Highlander Hybrid.

Will I need a wiring harness, antenna or steering wheel module or will all of these plug and play?

Thanks

jnanners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnanners

Metra,
Is the 95-5812 all I need to get this working in a 2006 Ford Explorer XLT (Standard audio)?

Thanks

metraelectronics

quality posts: 9 Private Messages metraelectronics
npujani wrote:Still waiting to hear back around Honda CRV - have not seen anything in this thread so far around CRV...

Yes to all.

metraelectronics

cameroon66 wrote:Hi Metra Rep.

I have an 08 Highlander Hybrid.

Will I need a wiring harness, antenna or steering wheel module or will all of these plug and play?

Thanks

Is it factory amplified?

metraelectronics

jnanners wrote:Metra,
Is the 95-5812 all I need to get this working in a 2006 Ford Explorer XLT (Standard audio)?

Thanks

Thats a dash kit.. You will not need that part.

70-5521 is
all you need and the MDF-5812-1

bonerges

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonerges

Will the GM model work in a 2007 Chevy avalanche with on star?
thank.

cameroon66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameroon66
metraelectronics wrote:Is it factory amplified?

Yes.

metraelectronics

bonerges wrote:Will the GM model work in a 2007 Chevy avalanche with on star?
thank.

Yes.. You would need.

GMOS-LAN-012
40-CR10
ASWC-1(if equipped with swc)

metraelectronics

cameroon66 wrote:Yes.

You would need a TYTO-01 and an ASWC-1 if you have steering wheel control.

npujani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npujani
metraelectronics wrote:Yes to all.

Can you please confirm (if you are aware of) on rear view camera cabling - is it pre-run in 2011 CRV or need to run part of installation?

thanks.

metraelectronics

npujani wrote:Can you please confirm (if you are aware of) on rear view camera cabling - is it pre-run in 2011 CRV or need to run part of installation?

thanks.

It is not pre wired.

hufnagel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hufnagel

I see the camera has defeatable backup lines. is the video also reversed left-to-right? is that switchable as well?

liendluu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liendluu

What is the return policy for the unit if it did not fit in the car?

metraelectronics

hufnagel wrote:I see the camera has defeatable backup lines. is the video also reversed left-to-right? is that switchable as well?

Reversible yes..

metraelectronics

liendluu wrote:What is the return policy for the unit if it did not fit in the car?

Umm why did it not fit? Did you qualify the vehicle?

Virto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Virto

To confirm: I have a 40GM-10 on-hand, but I will actually need a 40CR-10 for a 2011 Chevy Impala?

metraelectronics

Virto wrote:To confirm: I have a 40GM-10 on-hand, but I will actually need a 40CR-10 for a 2011 Chevy Impala?

Yes you need a 40-CR10..

www.metraonline.com

Virto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Virto
metraelectronics wrote:Yes you need a 40-CR10..

www.metraonline.com

Gotcha. I'll pick one up.
Thanks for clearing things up.

bonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bonkey

Metra,

To confirm: MDF-8217-1 will fit 2012 Toyota RAV4. Plug and play.

Will I need an extra part for the steering wheel controls?

Thanks! It's great to have a responsive rep on here!

bigtime21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigtime21

Which ones if any will fit my 2006 Subaru Impreza? Thanks in advance!

brasssong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brasssong

Hi Metra Rep,
Do you have a kit for a 2008 VW EOS?

jarrydanderson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarrydanderson

Save your money on this one!

1st problem: It's just an overall ugly, dated interface.

2nd problem: It doesn't work.

I installed the Metra mdf-5812-2 for a 2008 Ford Mustang. Everything worked fine for 2 weeks until I updated the maps on the GPS SD card. The update process is simple and went without a hitch. However, after I put the SD card back into my system the navigation displays "GPS Loading" on a white screen. The GPS never loads and this renders navigation completely useless indefinitely.

I contacted Metra support and they told me the unit needs to be shipped to Conneticut. Of course, I have to pay shipping.

The Metra support gave me the address and said "I hope this helps".

I'm not the only one experiencing these issues.

So don't buy this product if you intend to use the latest maps and don't buy this product if you want a fancy looking screen.

Tobascojapan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tobascojapan

Hi,

Is there any kits for my 2012 Mazda CX9 with no Bose system. I do have steering wheel controls.

Thsnks

elveez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elveez

OK, anyone knows if any of these will fit VW Jetta MK4?

---
elveez is alive

xr4tiboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xr4tiboy

I have a 2010 Chevy 1500 crew cab without bose wondering what modules I need to have it all ready to go for steering controls onstar xm radio and will it tie into my already hands free?

deggs33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deggs33

Well the ford one work for 2009 focus? I know I would at least need to buy the additional dash kit, but i am not sure if I would lose my sync.

bsmith1

quality posts: 93 Private Messages bsmith1

Pros:
-big screen, decent resolution
-lots of input/output options (bluetooth, usb, ipod, micro sd, rca, camera, dvd, mp3 disc, etc)
-onboard navigation (good reception even with antenna under dash)
-plays mp4 videos from disc or sd card
-plays video while car is in motion
-bluetooth calling
-looks like it belongs in the car (blends into dash)

Cons:
-requires extra adapters and modules to retain steering wheel controls, on-star, satellite, warning chimes, etc
-includes no installation instructions (hard to find online)
-resistive touch screen
-ugly interface
-no mention of supported audio/video formats/codecs
-navigation is expensive to update and not as pretty as a Tom-Tom
-most functions only avaiable via included remote control

cbell77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbell77

Metra can you change the background image to a personal one like some Head Units do?

ossiemaracay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ossiemaracay

Hi, will the Metra MDF-8222-1 fit a 2012 NON-JBL Toyota Highlander? Will I be needing to purchase extra components/adaptors?

jdevas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdevas

My old car is very simple, 4 speakers, no steering wheel control, no camera. So I believe I could just splice wire it in if it physically fits.

Where can I get the physical dimensions of a particular unit?

wired76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wired76

I purchased the ford direct fit during the first woot offering. I recently tried to start the navigation by pressing the navigation button. all i get is a black screen. it just stays black and does nothing I hit it again then goes back to radio. I tried resetting the unit by reset button with no luck.Is there something else I can try. Unit is less than a month old and I have only used the navigation on it 3 times thanks

Netphish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Netphish

Just purchased one for my Chrysler van last time these were up on Woot. Installed nicely (although it was a tight fit), soldered my connections, and even foil-taped the head unit as recommended. After a few weeks in the saddle here are my comments:
1. GPS is laggy and hard to use. “POI not found” is a common message even after choosing the POI from the drop down menu. What gives! (first time through you will have to set your state)
2. GPS has no speed limit information like my old Garmin. If you are conditioned to using your GPS to check the speed limit while driving like I am, Be Prepared that infor is not here.
3. Resistive touch screen is laggy and unresponsive. Sometimes I have to tap the thing multiple times to get it to do something.
4. IPOD interface seems to have bugs. It plays my music through the 30pin connector on my 2nd gen iPod just fine but if I try to fiddle around looking through folders for a song it sometimes freezes up the whole interface and I’m forced to reset the unit.
All in all it is a nice unit for the price and most of the above complaints could be fixed in a firmware/GPS update. Happy Wooting!

dkomeshak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkomeshak

I got one for my Ford F250 last time they were offered. Does anyone know where to find installation instructions? I've exhausted all of my ideas to find any, including calling Metra (they seemed surprised that I would ask for them) and contacting Woot (they never replied).

hufnagel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hufnagel
metraelectronics wrote:Reversible yes..

great! is there a manual online for it someplace? so I can finish my due dilligence.

dandaly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandaly

sirius?

or should i say seriously?

quality posts zero... REALLY?

GameFederer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GameFederer

Hey,

I posted in the deal thread last time...

Was curious if any of these are compatible with a 2002 Pontiac Grand AM GT?

dandaly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandaly
Netphish wrote:Just purchased one for my Chrysler van last time these were up on Woot. Installed nicely (although it was a tight fit), soldered my connections, and even foil-taped the head unit as recommended. After a few weeks in the saddle here are my comments:
1. GPS is laggy and hard to use. “POI not found” is a common message even after choosing the POI from the drop down menu. What gives! (first time through you will have to set your state)
2. GPS has no speed limit information like my old Garmin. If you are conditioned to using your GPS to check the speed limit while driving like I am, Be Prepared that infor is not here.
3. Resistive touch screen is laggy and unresponsive. Sometimes I have to tap the thing multiple times to get it to do something.
4. IPOD interface seems to have bugs. It plays my music through the 30pin connector on my 2nd gen iPod just fine but if I try to fiddle around looking through folders for a song it sometimes freezes up the whole interface and I’m forced to reset the unit.
All in all it is a nice unit for the price and most of the above complaints could be fixed in a firmware/GPS update. Happy Wooting!

what the hell ... could be fixed.. when reading .. all I heard was run!

rlukash08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlukash08

Do you have one that would fit 2003 toyota Highlander?

erroneus0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erroneus0

Actually, flaky wiring COULD cause freezing. That said, an automotive unit should be able to withstand power regulation issues if that was the cause. I'm with you in the presumption that the problem is something else but either way, it's still the build of the unit.

In searching about these devices, I have found LOTS of mention on the net but no "user reviews" or even professional reviews. It's as if these were spammed everywhere recently.

I would have bought one of these anyway, if it weren't for your post. I appreciate it.

firebirdude wrote:Funny story.

I had a customer come into my shop with one of these about... 2 weeks ago? It was freezing up and rebooting randomly. He just wanted to know if I knew what was causing the problem. I told him I could inspect all the wiring behind the dash if he wanted, as a flaky power connection could cause rebooting...but not freezing. He told me all his connections were soldered and it would be highly unlikely the cause. I agreed and said there's really nothing more I can do, but just out of curiousity... where did he buy this unit? His reply, "Woot dot com." I laughed out loud as I KNEW I had seen them up on Woot not but 2-3 weeks before that. We talked about Woot a bit before I bid him good luck.

Moral of the story... think I'd pass on these. Not to mention I've had my share of bad electronic interface modules from Metra (XSVI-9003-NAV interface and the Mazda RX8 kit come to mind if you're reading this Metra).

metraelectronics

bonkey wrote:Metra,

To confirm: MDF-8217-1 will fit 2012 Toyota RAV4. Plug and play.

Will I need an extra part for the steering wheel controls?

Thanks! It's great to have a responsive rep on here!

Add ASWC-1 for SWC and all good. Is it amplified? If so you would need to add a TYTO-01.