metraelectronics

quality posts: 9 Private Messages metraelectronics
bigtime21 wrote:Which ones if any will fit my 2006 Subaru Impreza? Thanks in advance!

None... Sorry

metraelectronics

brasssong wrote:Hi Metra Rep,
Do you have a kit for a 2008 VW EOS?

99-9011
40-EU10
XSVI-9003-NAV

metraelectronics

Tobascojapan wrote:Hi,

Is there any kits for my 2012 Mazda CX9 with no Bose system. I do have steering wheel controls.

Thsnks

These will not fit. You could use the following parts with another universal unit.

99-7516B
ASWC-1
AX-ADBOX2
AX-ADMZ01

metraelectronics

elveez wrote:OK, anyone knows if any of these will fit VW Jetta MK4?

No sorry.

metraelectronics

xr4tiboy wrote:I have a 2010 Chevy 1500 crew cab without bose wondering what modules I need to have it all ready to go for steering controls onstar xm radio and will it tie into my already hands free?

Hands free is built in the unit.. You would need the following.

GMOS-LAN-012
ASWC-1

metraelectronics

deggs33 wrote:Well the ford one work for 2009 focus? I know I would at least need to buy the additional dash kit, but i am not sure if I would lose my sync.

No sorry..

metraelectronics

ossiemaracay wrote:Hi, will the Metra MDF-8222-1 fit a 2012 NON-JBL Toyota Highlander? Will I be needing to purchase extra components/adaptors?

Plug and play.. /unless it has SWC add an ASWC-1..

metraelectronics

GameFederer wrote:Hey,

I posted in the deal thread last time...

Was curious if any of these are compatible with a 2002 Pontiac Grand AM GT?

No sorry.

metraelectronics

dandaly wrote:sirius?

or should i say seriously?

quality posts zero... REALLY?

?? Sirius can be streamed through BT via your app. Or if you have the MDF-3305-2 you can use the factory.

metraelectronics

rlukash08 wrote:Do you have one that would fit 2003 toyota Highlander?

No sorry..

colm1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colm1976

Does anyone know if this will work with a 2004 hyuandi santa fe? would like to pick this up if so.

Thanks!

tattoorific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tattoorific

I bought one last time around and mine is working fine.. I like to think I'm "mechanically inclined" but newer vehicles now a days can be a little diff with air bags and what not. I went to my local car audio shop and they had it installed in about an hour... At the end of the day I am very pleased with the unit..

metraelectronics

colm1976 wrote:Does anyone know if this will work with a 2004 hyuandi santa fe? would like to pick this up if so.

Thanks!

No sorry..

jbhaze0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbhaze0

Has anyone had any issues installing one of these in a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited? More specifically, I have the Wrangler that doesn't have the audio controls on the front of the steering wheel, but I do have the controls on the back. Any help would be appreciated!

ossiemaracay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ossiemaracay
metraelectronics wrote:Plug and play.. /unless it has SWC add an ASWC-1..

No, the highlander does not have steering wheel control on the stock radio. But I would like to add it now that I am getting the Metra radio. Please tell me what do I need to get.

Also, can you please send me the link to purchase the map updates?

mrboston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrboston

Metra, I bought the Metra MDF-7603-1 for my 2010 Nissan Rogue. What other parts would I need for the install?

kpjernigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpjernigan

Metra,

Since the 2005 Chevy Uplander is basically the same car as the 2006. Will the GM one fit?

If so, I'm assuming I would need different wiring kits, etc?

salmanilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salmanilla

Will this system work in my 05 Mustang Convertible? It has the Shaker 500 System now.

I recently Purchased and Re-Sold a Unit from Autocardvdgps.com. It was a POS. The biggest issue was their support... They had none. I am worried about getting into a similar situation and throwing away more money. How does the Metra Support work?

Sal

snoopyboyblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snoopyboyblue

FYI,
I bought one of these about a month ago from woot to go in my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. It absolutely did not fit. Not even close. Not unless I wanted to cut the metal bracing behind my dash. The interface is clumsy, the screen is not very responsive, and the ipod integration looks like it was thought out by a 7th grader. But I suppose IF it fits in your car, it will look good with the dash, so it's got that going for it. I'm just glad woot gave me a refund.

cobrajohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobrajohn
jbhaze0 wrote:Has anyone had any issues installing one of these in a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited? More specifically, I have the Wrangler that doesn't have the audio controls on the front of the steering wheel, but I do have the controls on the back. Any help would be appreciated!

The wrangler steering wheel controls are on the back of the steering wheel. You just need the ASWC-1.

aggieforester05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggieforester05

I'm guessing this doesn't work with sirius/xm?

jbhaze0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbhaze0
cobrajohn wrote:The wrangler steering wheel controls are on the back of the steering wheel. You just need the ASWC-1.

Thanks for the reply, what is the aswc-1??

cobrajohn

jbhaze0 wrote:Thanks for the reply, what is the aswc-1??

That is Metra's Steering Wheel Control interface that keeps the factory buttons working with any aftermarket radio. I have a 2010 wrangler and used one of their add on RFASWC for vehicles without factory steering wheel controls, but my brother's 2011 is using the ASWC-1 and the Metra OE radio.

cobrajohn

aggieforester05 wrote:I'm guessing this doesn't work with sirius/xm?

I use the iPhone app and stream via Blue tooth. I think it works way better than any built in radio tuner. If you play with the sirius/xm app they recently put out they have made it to where you can customize a station to your liking. Also, you can record and go to past shows. For the same monthly fee I can stream off my computer, iPad and iPhone vs. only having it in my vehicle. These radios have the A2DP bluetooth that can stream music over the Bluetooth.

On GMs if you use one of Metra's interfaces GMOS-100 you can retain the factory XM.

jthomas541

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthomas541

Has anyone had success with the rearview cameras offered here?

I have a 09 Infiniti G37 without navigation. Will I need any special harnesses? Will the camera be plug-and-play? How will it know when the car is in reverse to show the camera view on the vehicle info display? So many questions, and not much information available when I googled...

Thanks!

metraelectronics

jthomas541 wrote:Has anyone had success with the rearview cameras offered here?

I have a 09 Infiniti G37 without navigation. Will I need any special harnesses? Will the camera be plug-and-play? How will it know when the car is in reverse to show the camera view on the vehicle info display? So many questions, and not much information available when I googled...

Thanks!

The camera's are for an aftermarket radio..

bnicholsban

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnicholsban

Will the unit listed actually fit a 2007 Highlander like it says? I am thinking this is a typo as the 2007 was the last year of that body style and the car was completely different for model year 2008. The pictured unit looks like the later model dash, but I wanted to check before I counted myself out.

shields1987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shields1987

Does the 95-6511 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Support Bluetooth Audio Streaming and if so what other adapters would I need to install into a 2010 Jeep grand cherokee?

metraelectronics

bnicholsban wrote:Will the unit listed actually fit a 2007 Highlander like it says? I am thinking this is a typo as the 2007 was the last year of that body style and the car was completely different for model year 2008. The pictured unit looks like the later model dash, but I wanted to check before I counted myself out.

Will only work on new body style Highlander 08-up.

motarded

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motarded

just had an authorized metra installer install this in my 2007 Silverado. after several posts on this forum around.. what works and what does not... I was told I could retain both XM radio and steering wheel controls. This radio DOES NOT have an XM tuner and does not interface with steering controls on my 2007... no matter what adapter was used. Installer is removing this and I am attempting a refund. Called Metra and they said to contact Woot for a return. I just sent an email to Woot support. Be aware of what you are getting and what you are not with this radio.... it can be very confusing.

metraelectronics

motarded wrote:just had an authorized metra installer install this in my 2007 Silverado. after several posts on this forum around.. what works and what does not... I was told I could retain both XM radio and steering wheel controls. This radio DOES NOT have an XM tuner and does not interface with steering controls on my 2007... no matter what adapter was used. Installer is removing this and I am attempting a refund. Called Metra and they said to contact Woot for a return. I just sent an email to Woot support. Be aware of what you are getting and what you are not with this radio.... it can be very confusing.

Was it a Silverado Classic? Did the factory radio have SAT? The ASWC-1 will make your steering wheel controls work.. Guaranteed. PM with the shop name so we can get to the bottom of this..

ckevinj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ckevinj
metraelectronics wrote: > npujani wrote:
Still waiting to hear back around Honda CRV - have not seen anything in this thread so far around CRV...
Yes to all.

What about an Element (09 EX)? The Element and CRV and similar in some respects.

cobrajohn

8thdimension wrote:Metra,

Anything on this list (or even independent of it -- I'm desperate) for an 07 Murano (Bose kit)?

I saw some faceplates and adapters on your site, but not an stereo system.

Thanks,

RZ

Metra does make a dash kit 99-7612B or 99-7612A and you can use an universal radio.

kss18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kss18

Metra,

Do any of these nav radios fit a 2002 Toyota Highlader 3.0l V6 Limited with the JBL speakers? Thanks.

cobrajohn

kss18 wrote:Metra,

Do any of these nav radios fit a 2002 Toyota Highlader 3.0l V6 Limited with the JBL speakers? Thanks.

Non of these will work.

If you use a universal Nav radio, 95-8202 and 70-8113.

metraelectronics

Looks like "The Cobra" is looking for a job

kpjernigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpjernigan

Metra,

Since the 2005 Chevy Uplander is basically the same car as the 2006. Will the GM one fit?

If so, I'm assuming I would need different wiring kits, etc?

-EDIT: Nevermind... since my first post, 7hrs ago it's now sold out.

timf343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timf343

Metra, I need to install on a 2013 Altima. I found this kit on your web site:

http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-7617GHG

I can buy that one from one of your distributors. Does it work with the Nissan radio advertised here? If not, what radio is compatible with that mounting & faceplate kit?

compmed07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages compmed07

The caption for the Toyota Highlander version, MDF-8222-1, states model years 2007-2010. However, each of the vendor sites selling them lists it as 2008-2010 (see example link below). As the owner of a 2007 model I am concerned about the accuracy of the Woot description.

Link: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_35794_Metra_Electronics_MDF-8222-1.aspx

wired76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wired76

How about does Metra have a fix for the GPS that everybody is having trouble with that bought one on woot the first time these were offered less than 4 weeks ago. I have noticed all of these questions keep getting avoided. People should be aware of what they are getting ready to purchase. I have the mdf-5812-2 (FORD) radio and only got to use the navigation 3 times before all I get is a black screen. Check the discussions people a lot of us are having the same issue. You have been warned.