metraelectronics

quality posts: 9 Private Messages metraelectronics
compmed07 wrote:The caption for the Toyota Highlander version, MDF-8222-1, states model years 2007-2010. However, each of the vendor sites selling them lists it as 2008-2010 (see example link below). As the owner of a 2007 model I am concerned about the accuracy of the Woot description.

Link: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_35794_Metra_Electronics_MDF-8222-1.aspx

2008-up is correct we have a misprint. Sorry for the confusion..

wired76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wired76

How about does Metra have a fix for the GPS that everybody is having trouble with that bought one on woot the first time these were offered less than 4 weeks ago. I have noticed all of these questions keep getting avoided. People should be aware of what they are getting ready to purchase. I have the mdf-5812-2 (FORD) radio and only got to use the navigation 3 times before all I get is a black screen. Check the discussions people a lot of us are having the same issue. You have been warned.

xrevolutionx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xrevolutionx

I have a 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited will the chrysler direct fit work?
what extra parts do I need?

I also have a 2012 ford econoline, will the ford direct fit work?

elveez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elveez
metraelectronics wrote:No sorry.

Thanks!

---
elveez is alive

chefferz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefferz

They are also avoiding my question regarding the navigation maps and the fact the upgrades are OLD and RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

I bought this for my MR2 Spyder last sale specifically to load Europe maps on it, but it came with a pack of maps from 2009, and wants to charge me $150 for maps from 2010.

I want to know if there is a way to load Europe maps on them, at all. And why it's not mentioned that the website that hosts the map upgrades no longer updates and hasn't for 3 years.

Also, I never got a reply to the Kia Soul question I posted, so I didn't bother buying one for that, Either. Since that car's going back to the states with me anyway.

mariuszw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariuszw

Will it fit 2006 Dodge Magnum. The dash did not change between 2006-2007 model, but your listing says Dodge 2007-2012.
Thanks

mattsauter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattsauter

Any additional wiring needed to allow the Chrysler unit to work in my 2008 jeep wrangler? I am worried me oem sub won't work as well.

nws2002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nws2002

I purchased the Chrysler unit last time it was on woot.

It sat in the box for a long time until I got the nerve to actually open the dash in my newish 2011 Jeep Liberty. I did have to buy a CHTO-3 adapter to make it work with the factory amp and the AWSC-1 adapter to make it work with the factory steering wheel controls. I also had to unscrew and remove the metal bracket that was behind the factory stereo to make enough room for this to fit. Wiring everything together was a bit intimidating but after sitting down and matching everything up it wasn't too bad.

I do miss my Sirus satellite radio and uConnect at times but I enjoy having the navigation and the iPod connectivity. I haven't had any of the issues others described but I also have not tried to update the maps because they seem to be fine in my area.

fatsnack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatsnack

Do I need anything else other than the Chrysler direct unit for my Chrysler 300 touring plus 2010?

tattoorific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tattoorific
mariuszw wrote:Will it fit 2006 Dodge Magnum. The dash did not change between 2006-2007 model, but your listing says Dodge 2007-2012.
Thanks

That's a different dash sorry. Mounting holes are different. Sorry.

tattoorific

mattsauter wrote:Any additional wiring needed to allow the Chrysler unit to work in my 2008 jeep wrangler? I am worried me oem sub won't work as well.

Add a CHTO-03 and ASWC-1 if equipped with factory steering wheel control and your good to go.

tattoorific

fatsnack wrote:Do I need anything else other than the Chrysler direct unit for my Chrysler 300 touring plus 2010?

I am assuming it is amplified? If so you need a CHTO-03 and an ASWC-1 if equipped with steering wheel control. If non amplified you would need an XSVI-6522-NAV.

Chromium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chromium

After some reading I am getting worried. First off I already know it will fit my 2005 Hyundai tiburon, but will I need anything else.

Second: this map issue, Is there a fix or are you waiting for everyone to forget about it. I mean you are a rep of the company...You can either make or break a sale here, so don't lie

Third: To all the people on here bombarding this rep like you are good god, did ANY of you do ANY research first? I was fishy about it even as I clicked the pay button due to lack of reviews etc. But I at least googled for 10 minutes....

Anyway...I have an aftermarket already in my car (single din crap) but if this doesn't work it will go back faster than a cat farts. So please Metra. Be honest, as all your doing is wasting folks time with resending units back and forth...

metraelectronics

quality posts: 9 Private Messages metraelectronics
Chromium wrote:After some reading I am getting worried. First off I already know it will fit my 2005 Hyundai tiburon, but will I need anything else.

Second: this map issue, Is there a fix or are you waiting for everyone to forget about it. I mean you are a rep of the company...You can either make or break a sale here, so don't lie

Third: To all the people on here bombarding this rep like you are good god, did ANY of you do ANY research first? I was fishy about it even as I clicked the pay button due to lack of reviews etc. But I at least googled for 10 minutes....

Anyway...I have an aftermarket already in my car (single din crap) but if this doesn't work it will go back faster than a cat farts. So please Metra. Be honest, as all your doing is wasting folks time with resending units back and forth...

We are researching these "issues" a handful of WOOTERS! are having. Remember these should be installed by a professional. Please watch the forum as I will update any info as I receive it.

sjubwlr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjubwlr

Metra-

First of all, thank you for taking the time to reply to all of the questions and issues that have been posted thus far by my fellow Wooters. It's been an interesting discussion, and after weighing out the pro's and con's, I decided that I'm in for one.

I just purchased the Metra unit for my '09 CR-V LX (no steering wheel controls), and plan to have it professionally installed. Are there any additional accessories necessary for installation besides the wiring harness and antenna adaptor?

Will this unit actually fit perfectly into my current Honda factory dash, or will I also need to purchase a mount system like Metra part #99-7873?

Sorry if I missed this answer in a previous post, but I just want to be sure that I know and have all necessary parts upfront to avoid any unforeseen costs or delays at installation time.

Thanks in advance for your response. Have a great day!

ahecht

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahecht
metraelectronics wrote:We are researching these "issues" a handful of WOOTERS! are having. Remember these should be installed by a professional. Please watch the forum as I will update any info as I receive it.

Will the Metra MDF-8223-1 for Toyota Corolla fit a 2009 Toyota Matrix? The Matrix is officially a sub-brand of the Corolla.

xrevolutionx

@metraelectronics

txeng89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txeng89

Do you plan on putting these on WOOT again at some point? I missed my chance at getting the ford one.

fatsnack

tattoorific wrote:I am assuming it is amplified? If so you need a CHTO-03 and an ASWC-1 if equipped with steering wheel control. If non amplified you would need an XSVI-6522-NAV.

What does amplified mean exactly? I have the stock 6 speaker non Bose system.

weswalker125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weswalker125

Would the Metra MDF-7603-1 fit in a 2006 Nissan Xterra? The Xterra has a Double DIN interface.

cobrajohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobrajohn
shields1987 wrote:Does the 95-6511 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Support Bluetooth Audio Streaming and if so what other adapters would I need to install into a 2010 Jeep grand cherokee?

The 6511 radio will work with your Jeep. It also supports streaming bluetooth (A2DP) so you can talk and stream music. No song data will show up on the radio unless you plug it into the 30 pin cable.

To install in your Jeep:
XSVI-6522-Nav for non infiniti
CHTO-03 for infiniti
40-EU10 antenna adapter
ASWC-1 for steering wheel controls

cobrajohn

xrevolutionx wrote:@metraelectronics

The 2007-current wranglers all use the same parts see me other post.

cobrajohn

xrevolutionx wrote:@metraelectronics

The ford one would work but appears to be sold out.
You can use a universal radio and:
95-5812 kit
70-5520 non amped harness
70-5521 amplified harness
40-CR10 antenna adapter
ASWC-1 for steering wheel control

cobrajohn

weswalker125 wrote:Would the Metra MDF-7603-1 fit in a 2006 Nissan Xterra? The Xterra has a Double DIN interface.

No it won't.

xrevolutionx

cobrajohn wrote:The ford one would work but appears to be sold out.
You can use a universal radio and:
95-5812 kit
70-5520 non amped harness
70-5521 amplified harness
40-CR10 antenna adapter
ASWC-1 for steering wheel control

I already purchased it! So I need to buy all those parts to get it to work.

xrevolutionx

cobrajohn wrote:The 2007-current wranglers all use the same parts see me other post.

could not find other post?

funforlife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funforlife

The Rav4 unit looks like it might fir the 2010 prius, will it Metra?

cobrajohn

xrevolutionx wrote:I already purchased it! So I need to buy all those parts to get it to work.

You would need one of the harnesses depending on whether you have the amplified system or not, antenna adapters and ASWC if you have the radio buttons on your steering wheel.

cobrajohn

xrevolutionx wrote:could not find other post?

To install in your Jeep:
CHTO-03 for infiniti
40-EU10 antenna adapter

xrevolutionx

cobrajohn wrote:You would need one of the harnesses depending on whether you have the amplified system or not, antenna adapters and ASWC if you have the radio buttons on your steering wheel.

thank you sir

cobrajohn

cobrajohn wrote:To install in your Jeep:
CHTO-03 for infiniti
40-EU10 antenna adapter

Also, on the wranglers if you don't have a sub in the back factory, you don't have the infinity system so you can use the XSVI one.

xrevolutionx

cobrajohn wrote:Also, on the wranglers if you don't have a sub in the back factory, you don't have the infinity system so you can use the XSVI one.

no steering wheel controls but I do have a sub so CHTO-03 it is for me it looks like

cobrajohn

xrevolutionx wrote:no steering wheel controls but I do have a sub so CHTO-03 it is for me it looks like

Yea sorry forgot you said 07. You can be like me and add the RFASWC which adds them to the steering wheel.

Chromium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chromium

Yeah I cancelled my order. Lack of information...well....anywhere means lack of selling power. Saves me from having to ship it back.

reynoldsrsj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reynoldsrsj
cobrajohn wrote:To install in your Jeep:
CHTO-03 for infiniti
40-EU10 antenna adapter

You don't need to buy the antennae adapter. It's included with the Chrysler unit.

fatsnack

How long does it take to ship these? I have been waiting since May 22 and it hasn't even been shipped.

reynoldsrsj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reynoldsrsj
fatsnack wrote:How long does it take to ship these? I have been waiting since May 22 and it hasn't even been shipped.

Go to UPS tracking... More options and Track by Reference. Use your order number as Shipment Reference.

lamorris68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lamorris68

Metra, I purchased the gm model and I have everything hooked up but I can only hear the music and can barely hear it when the volume is turned up all the way. What is going on with it? And also I am beginning to notice that sometimes when I turn on my truck the radio will not turn on? Sometimes it'll power up when I press the power button and sometimes even the power button down not create a response from the stereo. And other times it'll turn on by itself when I turn the ignition on. You got any ideas?

fatsnack

reynoldsrsj wrote:Go to UPS tracking... More options and Track by Reference. Use your order number as Shipment Reference.

Hasn't shipped, meaning there is no ups tracking number. I'm so disappointed.

manhandsha

quality posts: 32 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

fatsnack wrote:Hasn't shipped, meaning there is no ups tracking number. I'm so disappointed.

Have you emailed Woot Member Support yet? If not, they can take a look at your order. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.