WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever been pooped on by a bird?
  • 12.1% - Yes, and I consider it good luck. 310
  • 57.9% - Yes, and I don’t believe in that superstition. 1488
  • 30% - No (knock on wood) 772
2570 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Quality Posts

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 39 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Never... yet

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

chipgreen

quality posts: 201 Private Messages chipgreen

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth

Ugh, people who have birds for pets are crazy.

GetOffMyLawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GetOffMyLawn
salanth wrote:Ugh, people who have birds for pets are crazy.

I have parrots and as for crazy, not unless you count stalking people online that make dumb comments ;)

rotorbird

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rotorbird
GetOffMyLawn wrote:I have parrots and as for crazy, not unless you count stalking people online that make dumb comments ;)

I have parrots three. What's so crazy about living with intelligent and exotic creatures that form bonds for life? And boy have I ever been pooped on! But all three birds know what I need them to do when I command "Drop a load." lol

Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature!

josker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josker

It seems in society, bad things such as a bird pooping on you are good luck. The same goes for certain foods considered a delicacy, such as animal brains or their reproductive organs. Some people think tje stranger, the better.. As for the bird poo; NOT GOOD LUCK!

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
rotorbird wrote:I have parrots three. What's so crazy about living with intelligent and exotic creatures that form bonds for life? And boy have I ever been pooped on! But all three birds know what I need them to do when I command "Drop a load." lol

I have parrots, I don't want to have parrots. Parrots suck! Seriously, there is tree 60 yards from my house with about 50 to 60 living there in a giant, smelly, annoying and extremely loud nest. When they are hatching,for 24/7 you have screeching parrots pooping on everything. They don't just do it during the day or in their nest. The middle of the night is almost as loud as dawn and whenever they fly they don't shut up! I can't understand why anyone would want one on purpose.

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary

Here in town there is a shopping center parking lot that *used to be* (I'll touch more on that in a bit) a hangout for a huge flock of Grackles. I'm talking thousands. Maybe even 100's of thousands. Anyhow, I was a Taco Cabana getting drive-thru. I paid at the window, and they asked me to drive a bit forward to wait. I did, and the employee came out to give me my food. Right as I stuck my hand out to grab the bag.... *plop*! on my hand.

Now, I said *used to be* above. One day a few months ago, I got out of the car to head into the grocery store in that parking lot, and instead of the usual jungle sounds of thousands of birds squawking, I was shocked by....

silence....

To this day there isn't a single Grackle anywhere to be found around there, even the surrounding streets.

I don't think I wanna know what happened....

dodgerhd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dodgerhd

I`ve been Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop! on numerous times. Not Funny, except to my husband. Seagull Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop! is the worst.Who knows why i am such a target.Usually happens when we are on vacation. : (

Felling Crapy

corryr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corryr

Beware of the foo bird....

Cause if the Foo $hit$... wear it!

*bows to the groans*
-Thank you, I'll be here all the week.

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

Yes, one time an albatross deuced on me. I shot him with my crossbow, and... well, it was a very long, trying sea voyage for all of us after that. I should really write a poem about it someday.

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

I've heard if a bird craps in your hair, you should let it dry before trying to clean it up. I'm not sure I have that kind of willpower.

bigguy95124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigguy95124

My daddy always used to tell me, Do you know what the white part in bird poop is? It's bird poop too!

drizzo4shizzo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drizzo4shizzo

Need another option. "No, and I don't appreciate your implicit assumption that I endorse your knock on wood superstition either. Please get off my lawn."

simplysuperheroes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simplysuperheroes

Last time a bird pooped on me I was wearing my Angry Birds shirt.

noodle192000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodle192000

I've never been pooped on by a bird. When I was in undergrad and in the band, though, my friend got hit in the leg. Our uniform pants were maroon so there wasn't much he could do to hide it.