0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Mischif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mischif

Is this the kind that doesn't need glasses, because it doesn't seem to come with any.

In the box:

Philips BDP2985/F7N 3D Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi & DivX+ HD
Remote Control

Spikam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spikam
Mischif wrote:Is this the kind that doesn't need glasses, because it doesn't seem to come with any.

In the box:

Remote Control

probably needs them unless your TV has capabilities for it.

kris1039

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kris1039

I need this for two things, Netflix and Blu-Ray playback for a 5 year old. Worth it?

mrdr89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrdr89

The glasses come with the TV

REdwards

quality posts: 0 Private Messages REdwards
Mischif wrote:Is this the kind that doesn't need glasses, because it doesn't seem to come with any.

In the box:

Remote Control

It's the tv that determines glasses or not. The DVD player just determines if it can read the media or not.

bjh18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjh18

In the box:

Remote Control

Players typically don't come with glasses. It's the TV that will or will not require glasses, not the player. In order to take advantage of the 3D playback capabilities of the player, you'll need a 3D TV.

novasean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novasean

In the box:

Remote Control

This will read 3d Blu-ray Disc, but you still need a 3d HDTV to display the movie. There are more one type of 3D glasses... Which 3D hdtv that you get depends on what 3D HDTV that you get...

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

Some comments/discussion from the Previous Sale, which was the same price

garylapointe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garylapointe

In the box:

Remote Control

Your TV needs glasses , not the player. Different TVs need different kinds of glasses.

Your TV need to be 3D capable!

Gary

Gary

Gary Said... (my blog) GHotos (my PHotos) Montezuma Pacific (photos from my favorite section of Costa Rica)
The Daily Meme.

Radlein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Radlein

Dang it, I know it's cheaper to just have the HDMI port, but I wish that more cheap Blu-Ray players came with some older, analog, outputs for use with older televisions and stereo systems.

After all, if you have an old TV setup and aren't interested in buying a brand new everything, but are interested in watching the occasional Blu-Ray disc, a cheap little Blu-Ray player is a much more reasonable purchase than a fancy, expensive, first-line Blu-Ray player would be.

richrauch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richrauch
LordBling wrote:Two reviews on Amazon, and a two-star average. Ouch.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP2985-F7-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B00BADVR3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369146209&sr=8-1&keywords=BDP2985%2FF7N+3D

Thanks for that. Personally, the name was enough to scare me away since both of my last two Philips products—a DVD player and a DVD recorder (which also sported the world's most tedious user interface)—died after a year or so of light use.

For me at least, Philips = Garbage. YMMV.

clonger20

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clonger20

Anyone know of any decent slot-loading BR players so it can operate on its side? I know PS3 slim is prob the best answer, but I've been hoping to find something cheaper.

vertabrae

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vertabrae
Radlein wrote:Dang it, I know it's cheaper to just have the HDMI port, but I wish that more cheap Blu-Ray players came with some older, analog, outputs for use with older televisions and stereo systems.

After all, if you have an old TV setup and aren't interested in buying a brand new everything, but are interested in watching the occasional Blu-Ray disc, a cheap little Blu-Ray player is a much more reasonable purchase than a fancy, expensive, first-line Blu-Ray player would be.

This.
I need a DVD player and I am not ready for hd. When my tv dies, sure. But the dratted DVD player died.

Edit:

No idea where this strange footer on my post is from. Trying to think?

Ok, it's gone. Weird.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vertabrae wrote:This.
I need a DVD player and I am not ready for hd. When my tv dies, sure. But the dratted DVD player died first.

Heh. My bedroom TV is a 32" monster with built-in VHS & DVD. That'll give you an idea of its age. Still works fine though.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

It's not just cheapness that makes the Blu-Ray manufacturers stick with HDMI-only outputs. They'd never get HDCP compliance if they allowed an analog non-copy-protected signal to be output from their player.

richrauch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richrauch
Radlein wrote:Dang it, I know it's cheaper to just have the HDMI port, but I wish that more cheap Blu-Ray players came with some older, analog, outputs for use with older televisions and stereo systems.

Guessing it boils down to, why spend $1-$2/unit on a feature that 1% of potential buyers might demand?

Dekortage

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dekortage

Another reason you might want non-HDMI inputs: connecting to a projector that doesn't have an HDMI input.

But, you can buy an HDfury adapter to convert HDMI to something else (VGA, composite, etc.). Not cheap but it works pretty well if you don't feel like buying a big new screen/projector/whatever.

lifesabeach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesabeach

anyone have any reviews on this? is it worth it or should I bypass deal

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Just a Woot-Off PSA: We launched a lot of Woot-Plus events at midnight so you could shop and take advantage of stuffing your cart.

I know it's not the same but take a look. See the link in my signature for a quick one-stop list of all the items for sale.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lifesabeach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesabeach
lifesabeach wrote:anyone have any reviews on this? is it worth it or should I bypass deal

looking more to steam Netflix and play regular dvds and blue ray

anton350

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anton350

Also, if you pass your video through an AVR (Audio Video Receiver), the AVR needs to be 3D compatible as well

Holgatefam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Holgatefam
LordBling wrote:Two reviews on Amazon, and a two-star average. Ouch.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP2985-F7-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B00BADVR3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369146209&sr=8-1&keywords=BDP2985%2FF7N+3D

That tells the story. Why does Phillips have so many of these to "refirb" and resell? They were glitchy and got returned.

Radlein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Radlein
sixfofalcon wrote:It's not just cheapness that makes the Blu-Ray manufacturers stick with HDMI-only outputs. They'd never get HDCP compliance if they allowed an analog non-copy-protected signal to be output from their player.

HDCP has no problem with analog non-copy-protected signals; it just doesn't like full HD non-copy-protected signals. Signals degraded to analog are just fine.

sullivan22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sullivan22

Will it do Amazon streaming as well?

theycallmechad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theycallmechad

The reviews on Philip's product website its self are pretty lousy. I wouldn't touch this one personally.

funkyredrum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkyredrum

The reviews are depressing. I was hoping to buy this for an out of work friend, but it sounds like it would not be worth it, even if it was free to her.

jap1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jap1

It may not have the best reviews, but for ~$40, it's far cheaper than any of the standard dvd players I saw at Wally World last week that had an hdmi port and upsampling. Being that it plays Blu-Ray just makes it that much better. Glad I held off for a better deal.

I'm buying this for a guest room, so definitely don't care if it's top of the line. I just wanted CHEAP, and I'm sure this'll fit the bill just fine.

For those of you hating on it, remember...it's FORTY BUCKS! That makes it half of what I spent on my absolutely sucky Dynex BR player, and that makes this woot a win in my books, even if it ain't so hot.

sacjeanie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sacjeanie

Thank you Woot for the top notch customer service this morning with this purchase.

SunTzuJJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SunTzuJJ

Has this shipped for anyone yet?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

SunTzuJJ wrote:Has this shipped for anyone yet?

it can take up to 5 business days for your purchase to process & ship (usually it's less than that). i'd imagine there might be a slight delay as a result of yesterday's holiday and you can probably expect it to ship soon, but feel free to email Support@Woot.com and inquire about the status of your order if you're concerned.

sorry for the wait.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

futurekill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages futurekill

Garbage. Two days of use and stopped working. Powers up with the Philips logo, then the screen goes blank. The digital display on the front of the unit updates properly, however. Inserting a disc updates the front display, but trying to use the remote to play doesn't get anything. Hitting the Netflix button likewise updates the display, but also gets nothing onscreen.

Need to return this boat anchor. Sad part is the industry, in general, sucks right now. Go to Amazon and look at reviews on players, they're all universally awful with a solid amount of complaints (lockups, reboots, won't play some discs, bad wifi connectivity) for any make or model. Was hoping this would work "well enough" for being a cheap refurb, but it failwhaled faster than anything I've ever seen.

Why do people list their purchases here? Consumerist Pride? e-peen tape measure? Why The Frown??

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

futurekill wrote:Garbage. Two days of use and stopped working. Powers up with the Philips logo, then the screen goes blank. The digital display on the front of the unit updates properly, however. Inserting a disc updates the front display, but trying to use the remote to play doesn't get anything. Hitting the Netflix button likewise updates the display, but also gets nothing onscreen.

Need to return this boat anchor. Sad part is the industry, in general, sucks right now. Go to Amazon and look at reviews on players, they're all universally awful with a solid amount of complaints (lockups, reboots, won't play some discs, bad wifi connectivity) for any make or model. Was hoping this would work "well enough" for being a cheap refurb, but it failwhaled faster than anything I've ever seen.

You should still have the 90 Day Philips warranty under your purchase. I recommend that you contact thePhilips Support Page and they should be able to help you out.

If you're unable to find any assistance, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

cyno01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyno01

Just got this half an hour ago, plugged it in, updated the software, everything worked fine, tried to log into netflix... it wont let me type. Pressing 2 three times quickly to get 'c' just gets me '222', and thats with the included remote and the harmony remote i programmed for it. Seems like such a stupid problem, but really frustrating.

EDIT: Nevermind, pressing ok on the text box brings up an onscreen keyboard. Derp.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

cyno01 wrote:Just got this half an hour ago, plugged it in, updated the software, everything worked fine, tried to log into netflix... it wont let me type. Pressing 2 three times quickly to get 'c' just gets me '222', and thats with the included remote and the harmony remote i programmed for it. Seems like such a stupid problem, but really frustrating.

that's...odd.
i'm afraid i'm not knowledgeable enough to speak about such things, but perhaps one of our keen community members can help out!

alternatively - and perhaps the quicker method - i suggest you contact Philips for assistance.

if you need any help along the way, feel free to email Support@Woot.com.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

gardnerp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gardnerp

I am not posting this to complain to Woot, just to let others know that I had a problem.

I think I got a faulty one. No sound via streaming. Oops. No software update available, or so it said.

I'll be contacting Phillips and posting the results here when I get them.