0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

sfin22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfin22

Own one of these. Bought it when my iPad quit working. Nice tablet. Works well. No complaints.

toolhedtim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toolhedtim

Bought my wife one of these for $140 on the last woot off. She loves it.

bobrocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobrocks

I bought one a while ago as a second tablet for the house. It works well, no complaints to speak of.

www.landofbob.com

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
kpatterson67 wrote:$180 with good ratings at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung---Galaxy-Tab-2-7.0-with-8GB-Memory---Titanium-Silver/5064393.p?id=1218604366681&skuId=5064393

Yeah but that is new with full warranty. Also, this tablet has no HDMI.

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

I decided some time ago that any electronics product that comes with a manufacturer's warranty of less than one year is not worth buying unless it is either a "disposable" product such as a cheap memory stick or I have no alternative.

basstacklegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basstacklegirl

Have four of these in our house. Each child has one. We love them. All four are refurbs. They are awesome. Recommend. The only set back is the lack of parental controls.

MikeWeiner

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MikeWeiner

I've had my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for about a year or so and I STILL use it every day!

A great use for it is bluetooth sound for podcasts while I'm at work. Its AWESOME!!!

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

cpchristensen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cpchristensen

Is this the Galaxy Tab 2 that has the IR Built in?

nolancol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nolancol

Can you hook this up with a service provider such as Verizon?

toolhedtim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toolhedtim
dliidlii wrote:Yeah but that is new with full warranty. Also, this tablet has no HDMI.

Why do people care so much about this? Are people really broadcasting their tablet screen that often?

cage017

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cage017

First of all, this is the first time I've had a day off during a Woot Off. Looking forward to this.

Second, I've been wanting a tablet for months and I'm really interested in this. The biggest draw is this IR Blaster. Is there a list of devices and brands available that this will work on? It would stink if I got this Tab and the remote app doesn't work on any of my devices.

bkolson6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkolson6

Bought one of these about 6 months ago from here and it works brilliantly. If we needed another one for the house, I'd totally be in on this.

DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420
toolhedtim wrote:Why do people care so much about this? Are people really broadcasting their tablet screen that often?

I do a lot, especially when I'm at hotels and I want to access Netflix for more than one person.

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo

The quick comments state that it is a 'bag filler'. Could that mean that some will be in the you know what?

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante

Who refurbished this?
The manufacturer or some 12 year old kid?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

escalante wrote:Who refurbished this?
The manufacturer or some 12 year old kid?

Since it has a Samsung warranty, it's refurbished by Samsung or a third party they designate.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

starryeyedsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starryeyedsky
toolhedtim wrote:Why do people care so much about this? Are people really broadcasting their tablet screen that often?

Actually yes, there is a huge emerging market for android mini-pcs. It gives you the capability of a tablet on your TV screen. Currently only Chinese manufacturers are making them (the Tronsmart MK808B is quite popular), but Dell is coming out with one this summer. Granted many reviewers are skeptical that the Dell one will be better than the Chinese manufacturers.

I have been looking into a Mini-PC myself, but would greatly prefer being able to have a tablet that I could use as a tablet, but also hook up to my TV to watch videos and such. So an HDMI output on a tablet would be VERY useful.

Yes I have a PS3 and an XBOX, but I've been looking for a mini-PC/Tablet to use in the bedroom as a mini entertainment center.

bspahr3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bspahr3
lacotomo wrote:The quick comments state that it is a 'bag filler'. Could that mean that some will be in the you know what?

Didn't know they did "you know what's" anymore....I must have missed them.

38 WOOTS and counting......3 Barnfuls of Crocodiles!!!

buellwinkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buellwinkle

I use a mini-PC for Android on my TV, it's great as you can run Netflix app, surveillance camera app and see it on a TV. I wrote an article on my blog on the UG802, I think it's about $45 now.

http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1049

starryeyedsky wrote:Actually yes, there is a huge emerging market for android mini-pcs. It gives you the capability of a tablet on your TV screen. Currently only Chinese manufacturers are making them (the Tronsmart MK808B is quite popular), but Dell is coming out with one this summer. Granted many reviewers are skeptical that the Dell one will be better than the Chinese manufacturers.

I have been looking into a Mini-PC myself, but would greatly prefer being able to have a tablet that I could use as a tablet, but also hook up to my TV to watch videos and such. So an HDMI output on a tablet would be VERY useful.

Yes I have a PS3 and an XBOX, but I've been looking for a mini-PC/Tablet to use in the bedroom as a mini entertainment center.

rick790

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rick790

Do these come in more than just 8 GB? Is only having 8 GB an issue for anyone?

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

Don't see anywhere that is has wifi. I would assume it has, but don't see it listed. would be weird if it didn't have wifi... So will place my order, and if it doesn't have wifi by some weird chance... then cancel my order. Thanks

ocelotito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocelotito

It has a memory slot but it is my understanding that the extra memory can only used for media (songs, pictures, movies) and not for apps. I have one and my son has another one. THe limited memory hasn't been an issue yet.

rick790 wrote:Do these come in more than just 8 GB? Is only having 8 GB an issue for anyone?

jupiter3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupiter3

Does this thing have a camera?

James Jacobs

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316

Shouldn't be an issue. Yeah, 8GB isn't much these days, but even though there are some large apps out there, the majority weight in at < 10 MB. Music and video are what really eat your space, and that stuff should be going to the micro SD anyway.

ocelotito wrote:It has a memory slot but it is my understanding that the extra memory can only used for media (songs, pictures, movies) and not for apps. I have one and my son has another one. THe limited memory hasn't been an issue yet.

rick790

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rick790
drunkenalien wrote:Don't see anywhere that is has wifi. I would assume it has, but don't see it listed. would be weird if it didn't have wifi... So will place my order, and if it doesn't have wifi by some weird chance... then cancel my order. Thanks

Specs say Wireless: 802.11b/g/n

zifferent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zifferent

In for one. I was looking to buy one in the next week or so. This just makes it so much sweeter.

woot9924

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot9924
ThunderThighs wrote:Since it has a Samsung warranty, it's refurbished by Samsung or a third party they designate.

I got a 10" Galaxy Tab about a year and half ago and it was refurbished by some company called NYCO (I think. Anyway it was a 3rd party). I had to return it because it kept crashing. But I got another one and it's fine.

davidspeicher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidspeicher

I was looking to buy an innotab 2 for 2 year old and looked at the price of games and what you could do with that tablet for 100.00. When you bought 4 to 6 games you were paying over 200.00. Then best buy had this tablet for 149.99 at Christmas so we bought one for our 2 year old and it is wonderful. He uses it every day and watches movies plays games we down loaded and I would buy another one if I had another child. The touch screen makes it ideal for him to pick out things and learn.

KingLouie951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingLouie951

Wireless: 802.11b/g/n
There's the wifi.

drunkenalien wrote:Don't see anywhere that is has wifi. I would assume it has, but don't see it listed. would be weird if it didn't have wifi... So will place my order, and if it doesn't have wifi by some weird chance... then cancel my order. Thanks

wenda86

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wenda86

I own 5 (yes, five) and have zero complaints. Bought all from Woot over a few Woot sales and for the price it is fetching right now, you get a lot of tablet for the money.

IP Camera Controller: tick.
Smarthome Controller: tick.
Media center Controller: tick.
Rootable: tick.

IR is a good plus to control your TV and it is actually a good alternative if you have a car without entertainment installed. Just get more of these to be given away as entertainment device. Fits the bill pretty well. I use it to watch videos also (720p) and the battery life is very decent.

slykly1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slykly1

I have had one of these since Christmas and I have no complaints. It runs better than my Droid Razr Maxx phone. Probably because it doesn't have to worry about cell phone signal/data. I use mine for music and movies. As well as it makes a great remote control for my Roku, Xbox 360, and Original Xbox (modded with XBMC).

jetro666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jetro666

Got one of these for $140 a couple of Woot-Offs ago. Love it and use it every day.

2 cameras, front and back; has IR port, and even comes with app for TV remote control; SD card slot.

Only drawback -- a bit slow compared to my Galaxy Nexus phone. Takes a while to load games -- don't know whether it's a question of processor speed or of memory.

Other than that, this is a lot more comfortable to hold at arm's length than a full-sized tablet.

chrismdusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrismdusa

Have a 10", family loves it! In for 3!

mcawsm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcawsm

Bought Dad a Toshiba tablet from Woot a month or so ago. He and Mom love it so much that I just had to mention I found this and he said buy it. For non-tech parents, they sure do love the tablets for Sudoku and Spider Solitaire. In for one. Thanks, Woot!

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316

Totally agree. Gave Dad my Asus TF101 back in January, he kills the battery almost every day watching videos and reading. Tablets really do seem to be a great parent gift.

mcawsm wrote:Bought Dad a Toshiba tablet from Woot a month or so ago. He and Mom love it so much that I just had to mention I found this and he said buy it. For non-tech parents, they sure do love the tablets for Sudoku and Spider Solitaire. In for one. Thanks, Woot!

Skotyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skotyman

Oh, a wootoff....yaaaaaaaawn.

morreale4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morreale4

Well, after reading all these comments, I just bought one for my 20 month old toddler. Maybe now Mom and Dad can use their iPads in peace!