wenda86

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wenda86

A solid performer for the price. Let this one go quickly

dalamar666

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dalamar666

I want the floating mouse

morreale4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morreale4

:-(. I soooo want to get a new desktop for our study, but my husband won't accept an AMD processor.

richrauch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richrauch

I'm in the market for a desktop PC to better handle HD video rendering chores but, despite being quad-core, this processor is apparently no speed demon.

maskddingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskddingo
morreale4 wrote::-(. I soooo want to get a new desktop for our study, but my husband won't accept an AMD processor.

I'm sure he has no good reason for that. Because there is none.

scottyb112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottyb112
richrauch wrote:I'm in the market for a desktop PC to better handle HD video rendering chores but, despite being quad-core, this processor is apparently no speed demon.

Sure a quad core Amd processor clocked at 3.4Ghz is more than enough for day to day use, and HD videos. It may not be the best, but it will do well. Under Moofi there's one with 10gb of Ram.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

I'd be in for one, but Win8 is a dealbreaker. It might be okay on a touch tablet, but no thank you on a desktop.

Tration101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tration101

Am I correct in reading that there are no HDMI outputs? I haven't purchased a desktop in awhile, so forgive me for my ignorance, but shouldn't that be standard?

El Marko

quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko

If this came with Win7, I'd be in for one to replace an aging HP Pavilion that has gotten wonky.

But I don't want Win8

wenda86

Tration101 wrote:Am I correct in reading that there are no HDMI outputs? I haven't purchased a desktop in awhile, so forgive me for my ignorance, but shouldn't that be standard?

You can use HDMI to DVI converter or cable. They are both using digital signal.

morreale4

maskddingo wrote:I'm sure he has no good reason for that. Because there is none.

Possibly, but he works on servers for a living, so I defer to him on that. I support applications, so I get to pick those.

wenda86

El Marko wrote:If this came with Win7, I'd be in for one to replace an aging HP Pavilion that has gotten wonky.

But I don't want Win8

You can install free Start button available from the web. To me, having Windows 8 is not a dealbreaker.

morreale4

Tration101 wrote:Am I correct in reading that there are no HDMI outputs? I haven't purchased a desktop in awhile, so forgive me for my ignorance, but shouldn't that be standard?

I don't think it is standard for desktops, only laptops. Desktops not being portable to connect to say a TV, don't necessarily need HDMI.

bgabrielson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgabrielson
wenda86 wrote:You can use HDMI to DVI converter or cable. They are both using digital signal.

DVI won't carry audio.

Give this one a pass without HDMI or DisplayPort.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
scottyb112 wrote:Sure a quad core Amd processor clocked at 3.4Ghz is more than enough for day to day use, and HD videos. It may not be the best, but it will do well. Under Moofi there's one with 10gb of Ram.

Yes, its on moofi 10.00 cheaper AND 10GB ram, AND bluetooth! Much better buy! I have one, awesome computer, have a hdmi converter for the dvi-d plug...
http://moofi.woot.com/offers/hp-quad-core-desktop-w-10gb-ram-2tb-hd-1?utm_medium=affiliate+-+home.woot&utm_source=Commission+Junction+Publisher+-+6340762&utm_campaign=Commission+Junction+-+10956019

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
bgabrielson wrote:DVI won't carry audio.

No biggie, I set mine up with no prob with hdmi dvi-d adapter and just an extra cord for audio! Dont possibly see how that could be a dealbreaker... awesome price, and I paid 300.00 more for mine!

2007wolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2007wolf
bgabrielson wrote:DVI won't carry audio.

It's been my experience that DisplayPort using a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter won't carry audio either. I had to use a set of PC speakers with the TV. The HDMI governing board will only allow an HDMI cable to have HDMI connectors on both ends. It can be regular or mini, but both ends MUST have an HDMI end. Regarding AMD processors, I've been using them for over eighteen years and they've been very reliable, not to mention cheaper.

bgabrielson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgabrielson
scotttampa wrote:No biggie, I set mine up with no prob with hdmi dvi-d adapter and just an extra cord for audio! Dont possibly see how that could be a dealbreaker... awesome price, and I paid 300.00 more for mine!

Not all monitors have audio-in.

Most audio-in ports are simple stereo headphone jacks, low quality and don't support 5.1 surround.

Plus additional cables are messy. Certainly not a deal breaker if you don't have these requirements, but if you want to use the PC as a HTPC at any point HDMI is a must have.