zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

AOC 16" USB-Powered Portable LED Monitor
Price: $78.99
Condition: Refurbished

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 3120 Private Messages lichme

Item: AOC 16" USB-Powered Portable LED Monitor
Price: $78.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished
Product Page
Amazon Reviews

Search Amazon Search Google

jeffiekins

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jeffiekins

Sorry, but there are two problems with the description and specs:

1- It says "USB-powered," but it also is USB-driven. That means you need a USB driver (DisplayLink) compatible with your OS. There's no list of compatible OSes. Will it work with a Mac? XP? Who knows?

2- It says USB 2.0, and 8 watts. USB 2.0, according to the specification, provides up to 5 watts. Yes, most USB ports will supply more (often up to 10), but not all.

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

lnxpro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lnxpro

$99 new on amazon.

DWarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DWarrior

Got two of these on Monday for my laptop, still waiting. Really contemplating getting a couple more for work because I can't just install another video card, but want to hold off to see how they work I'm tryin' to think, but nuthin' happens.

Hope Woot has these back on sale soon.

werdze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages werdze

I'm not sure about the USB power limits, but the website with the DisplayLink drivers is here: http://displaylink.com/support/index.php
There are versions for Mac, Windows, and I think some for Linux.

jeffiekins wrote:Sorry, but there are two problems with the description and specs:

1- It says "USB-powered," but it also is USB-driven. That means you need a USB driver (DisplayLink) compatible with your OS. There's no list of compatible OSes. Will it work with a Mac? XP? Who knows?

2- It says USB 2.0, and 8 watts. USB 2.0, according to the specification, provides up to 5 watts. Yes, most USB ports will supply more (often up to 10), but not all.

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA

Decent reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/AOC-E1649FWU-USB-Powered-Portable-Monitor/dp/B005SEZR0G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369276978&sr=8-1&keywords=aoc+16%22+usb-powered+portable+led+monitor

flashnolan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flashnolan

Description says 5ms response time, yet the specs say 16ms. Anyone know the true value?

werdze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages werdze

I don't know for sure, but this same monitor was on sale a couple days ago and someone pointed out that 5ms would be pretty fast for a USB 2.0 connection.

flashnolan wrote:Description says 5ms response time, yet the specs say 16ms. Anyone know the true value?

kenerg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kenerg

i love mine its great for small rooms where a projecter is not practical... i would not game on it.... a sales person or a teacher type tool.

BonoMan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BonoMan

Got mine in today. Pretty great. They're exactly what you'd think they are. The build/quality of a laptop screen you'd find in a brick and mortar store (the cheaper ones tend to skimp on the screen).

Perfectly usable for an extra monitor for CS Suite menus or spreadsheets.

Has a double headed USB plug in case one USB header (such as lower powered laptop ports) isn't enough. However, plugged in to my totally basic best buy bought Lenovo, it worked fine on one port.

Installation is easy and simple. The ONLY thing I don't like is the location of the USB plugin is stupid.