Quality Posts

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Royal Luxe 400TC Down Alternative Comforter-3 Sizes
Price: $39.99
Condition: N/A

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Item: Royal Luxe 400TC Down Alternative Comforter-3 Sizes
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

Just what I need as May turns to June: something incredibly warm for my bed!

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac

Is it just me or did anybody who recently bought a TV, Binoculars, or a Dyson Vacuum, get the teeth knocked out of them at midnight?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Starblind wrote:Just what I need as May turns to June: something incredibly warm for my bed!

See, that's what you get from a close-out site. Things in the off season.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek
Starblind wrote:Just what I need as May turns to June: something incredibly warm for my bed!

You do know that cold weather is just 6 months away right?

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Even though it is hot out now, we rarely have guests, but have an empty guest room. It would be a good idea to spruce it up sometime soon, tempting.

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming

Totally agree with the Botswana thing. And I think street signs in Cabo Verde can be in any language they feel like.

lala04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lala04

Made in China. Ugh!

phmellon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phmellon

From the pictures, this thing is looking very stiff and not too comfortable.

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

i have two of these and they are awesome. now i will have one for all 3 beds. thanks woot!

ah64driver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ah64driver

I used to check woot on a daily basis. I don't know why I even bother any more. Now that I'm stationed in Korea with the Army my APO address isn't even good enough to ship comforters. That's pretty sad...

djkisfree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djkisfree

I picked up 2 of these last time they were around and they are pretty nice for what you pay. They are not "stiff" at all and are thick enough to keep us warm on even those very chilly nights. Only very minor complaint is they are not as breathable as down, but that is to be expected. Picking up 2 more for spares for when winter come around again.

j0hnlind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j0hnlind

I had thought the only alternative to down was up. Mind blown.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

Graduating high school seniors start shopping for their college dorm rooms at about this time of year (with graduation money & Mom's credit card) - and they're all looking for some sort of comforter. Often the design they like comes in a duvet cover instead of a comforter, and a plain comforter (like the Twin size of the one on offer here) would work perfectly with duvet covers!
(Speaking from some experience here, having bought a down & feather comforter while on vacation in Norway in the 1970s, back before it was "cool" to call them duvets. ;) )

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP

/obvious

Winter is Coming.

Woody1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Woody1

I like my comforters to be at least the size of fitted sheet for the mattress.

Flat Sheet:
Twin 66"x96"
Queen 90"x102"
King 108"x102"

These comforters are too small.

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

verbivore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verbivore
ah64driver wrote: I'm stationed in Korea with the Army my APO address isn't even good enough to ship comforters.

If I still lived in the land of the incredible galaxy-famous Korean mink blanket, I would still be scoffing at paltry westerners with their measly comforters.

(Camp Hovey, '84-'86)

hrsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrsd

Winter is coming!

tatterbits

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tatterbits

After seeing this, now all I want to do is go home and get back in bed and sleep for 4 more hours.. bring on the weekend!!!!!

tcope

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcope

100% Down-Like Polyester Fiber Fill

"Down Alternative"....

So it's not down at all. "Something that serves the same purpose but is nothing like it". So they could stuff wall insulation between two cotton sheets and call it "Down Alternative".

Really should read... "want you to think it should be as pricey as down but it's not even close to the same thing".

Alaska Wooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska Wooter
verbivore wrote:If I still lived in the land of the incredible galaxy-famous Korean mink blanket, I would still be scoffing at paltry westerners with their measly comforters.

(Camp Hovey, '84-'86)

As I remember the land of the morning calm, someone was offering to sell me one of those mink blankets at every store front. That along with Nike shoes, a lamp, and a custom made suit.

(Camp Humphreys, 9/87-9/88)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ah64driver wrote:I used to check woot on a daily basis. I don't know why I even bother any more. Now that I'm stationed in Korea with the Army my APO address isn't even good enough to ship comforters. That's pretty sad...

No offense intended. Much of our stuff ships FedEx, especially drop shipped items. FedEx doesn't ship to PO boxes. APO/FBO = PO.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SLaird22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SLaird22

At least these aren't refurbished

jbfowlertx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jbfowlertx
Woody1 wrote:I like my comforters to be at least the size of fitted sheet for the mattress.

Flat Sheet:
Twin 66"x96"
Queen 90"x102"
King 108"x102"

These comforters are too small.

You probably know this, but for others that may not, these are meant to be used inside a duvet that will have larger dimensions. You may not like that either, but the size has to be a little smaller to fit inside a duvet cover.

Still, these may be too small for your taste. To each his own.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

I'm not understanding the Woot - Amazon Gold Box deal -- I clicked through expecting there to be some Woot-related item on Amazon's Gold Box page but it looks exactly the same as if I go through Amazon's home page to their gold box deals. What gives?

Is Woot just trying to drive traffic to its parent entity's deal page? Or is there supposed to be some Woot-related deal??

sup68396

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sup68396

I bought 1 a little bit ago and just ordered 2 more for my kids, should be good for Christmas gifts.
I see my PayPal account is charge $5.00 shipping for both orders, is this correct? I thought Woot only charged $5.00 for anything ordered from any of their sites in the same day? Am I mistaken on this policy?

Keep on Wooting !!!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

sup68396 wrote:I bought 1 a little bit ago and just ordered 2 more for my kids, should be good for Christmas gifts.
I see my PayPal account is charge $5.00 shipping for both orders, is this correct? I thought Woot only charged $5.00 for anything ordered from any of their sites in the same day? Am I mistaken on this policy?

unfortunately, that promotion is no longer currently in effect. we've made some changes as a result of our shopping cart feature.

more info here.

so, yes, i'm afraid you'll have been charged twice for shipping today. :/

feel free to email Support@Woot.com if you need to make any changes to your order.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

sup68396

PemberDucky wrote:unfortunately, that promotion is no longer currently in effect. we've made some changes as a result of our shopping cart feature.

more info here.

so, yes, i'm afraid you'll have been charged twice for shipping today. :/

feel free to email Support@Woot.com if you need to make any changes to your order.

Thanks for the info Ducky, I've been on this site for quite a while but seems like since Amazon took it over there are more and more reasons to not visit the site anymore.
What if I contact support, will they cancel both orders and I can order again the 3 items in one order?
Every penny saved counts these days.

Keep on Wooting !!!

tswyatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tswyatt

I totally agree, that was what I was thinking as I looked at it.

Stiff and not comfortable. I hope I am wrong.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

polyester gives some people rashes, even with cotton exterior.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

mspaeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspaeth
tcope wrote:100% Down-Like Polyester Fiber Fill

"Down Alternative"....

So it's not down at all. "Something that serves the same purpose but is nothing like it".

Honestly, there is no alternative to down

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

sup68396 wrote:Thanks for the info Ducky, I've been on this site for quite a while but seems like since Amazon took it over there are more and more reasons to not visit the site anymore.
What if I contact support, will they cancel both orders and I can order again the 3 items in one order?

i'm sorry for the delayed response. since i'm not in that department, i want to be careful about over-promising. however, they may be able to arrange that or find a similar resolution.

if you haven't already, email our CS folks at Support@Woot.com so they can assist. i'll forward your post so they're getting a notification from my end, too.

sorry for the inconvenience.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jthxv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthxv
SurplusHP wrote:/obvious

Winter is Coming.

YES!

sup68396

PemberDucky wrote:i'm sorry for the delayed response. since i'm not in that department, i want to be careful about over-promising. however, they may be able to arrange that or find a similar resolution.

if you haven't already, email our CS folks at Support@Woot.com so they can assist. i'll forward your post so they're getting a notification from my end, too.

sorry for the inconvenience.

Well I sent the email right after this reply was sent. They will not assist in any way. They say they can't cancel any order and will not combine the 2 orders into one or fix things so I have only 1 shipping fee.
Thanks Woot, I see why you lose customers since the Amazon purchase, poor customer service. It's nothing like it used to be.

Keep on Wooting !!!

nancybigford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nancybigford
sup68396 wrote:Well I sent the email right after this reply was sent. They will not assist in any way. They say they can't cancel any order and will not combine the 2 orders into one or fix things so I have only 1 shipping fee.
Thanks Woot, I see why you lose customers since the Amazon purchase, poor customer service. It's nothing like it used to be.

Wow, this is not right. Not right at all.

Saxmoore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Saxmoore
sup68396 wrote:Well I sent the email right after this reply was sent. They will not assist in any way. They say they can't cancel any order and will not combine the 2 orders into one or fix things so I have only 1 shipping fee.

Wow. A customer of 7 years with more than 100 purchases, and Woot won't knock off 5 bucks for you? Looks like they got their priorities straight *snort*.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69
lala04 wrote:Made in China. Ugh!

Ditto.... People please look for made in USA

RaisinROM

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RaisinROM
sup68396 wrote:Thanks for the info Ducky, I've been on this site for quite a while but seems like since Amazon took it over there are more and more reasons to not visit the site anymore.

HERE HERE ! DOUBLE shipping, that's ridiculous Woot. Amazon has REALLY ruined Woot. I don't have the numbers, but I am SURE Woot has gone down the drain since they SOLD OUT.

Woot WAS a great thing, as were the Woot Off's, but no more.

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder