pcushman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcushman

I think it is just a personal preference--I do not like the feel of sateen at all and much prefer "regular" weave. I am glad I looked at the comments--it would have been better for WOOT to be up front about the weave in its description.

spacemo62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacemo62
mingm wrote:This has a pretty through explanation
http://www.overstock.com/guides/egyptian-cotton-sheets-vs-sateen-sheets

Thanks! Very helpful.

twinbalick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twinbalick
clintone wrote:For my own understanding, what's wrong with a sateen weave? What are the alternatives and what makes them preferable?

Sateen weave has longer threads than regular weave and can snag easily. I often see great prices for them. Not sure they hold up well, so I'm not even tempted to buy them.

soyvey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soyvey
skrobo21 wrote:If you are looking for 100% true cotton how about these for $38/shipped

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CVXDD0S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Because they are "single ply" which are very thin, cheap feeling
sheets

randoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randoph

Are these returnable? I've had bad luck with sheets over the past decade with more than one set falling apart after one washing? Thanks

dltoedter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dltoedter

These aren't Hotel Luxury Linens are they?

sschaef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sschaef

Anyone else feel like woot! and home! got switched today?

sschaef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sschaef
sschaef wrote:Anyone else feel like woot! and home! got switched today?

(One More Goof!, why is my avatar so horrifying?)

tylerneville

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylerneville

You can get the same sheets but 800 thread count for the same price on Amazon.

hulfy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hulfy

Here are similar ones for $39 no shipping. One day only.

http://1saleaday.com/sheeit/?ref=cj

thumperchick

quality posts: 250 Private Messages thumperchick
pcushman wrote:I think it is just a personal preference--I do not like the feel of sateen at all and much prefer "regular" weave. I am glad I looked at the comments--it would have been better for WOOT to be up front about the weave in its description.

Woot WAS upfront - it's in the product features...

Matthewl0799

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Matthewl0799

100% Egyptian. Made in India. Hmm.

flguyindc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flguyindc
skrobo21 wrote:If you are looking for 100% true cotton how about these for $38/shipped

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CVXDD0S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You're right. I saw those on another site which pointed to them. I just ordered those...although I saw these yesterday and waited until now so my most preferable color choices were already sold out. I've purchased many Woots during my membership...just not this time.

tomeny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomeny

has everyone ignored the fact that the pocket on the fitted is only 15 inches deep.Forget everything else that is not deep enough for most pillowtop mattresses.

magudaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magudaman

Don't forget Ansari's story one thread count:

About 45s story begins

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman
Matthewl0799 wrote:100% Egyptian. Made in India. Hmm.

Duh... "Egyptian cotton" is NOT "cotton fibers manufactured into sheets in Egypt."

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
Matthewl0799 wrote:100% Egyptian. Made in India. Hmm.

I've had French fries made in Alabama and a Belgian waffle made in Utah.

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA
hulfy wrote:Here are similar ones for $39 no shipping. One day only.

http://1saleaday.com/sheeit/?ref=cj

Similar, but not the same.

Boasting a luxurious 600 thread count, these sheets feature a 60/40 blend of Egyptian cotton and have 15-inch pockets.

Those are NOT 100% Egyptian cotton.

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA
craigthom wrote:I've had French fries made in Alabama and a Belgian waffle made in Utah.

Thanks for sharing.

wischris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wischris

People, people. Isn't it more important with who's in bed with you than the sheets you sleep on? would any of you guys like to try out my new sheets?

librarian60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages librarian60

I just received by queen set in ivory. A little disappointed that each piece is a DIFFERENT shade of ivory. Top sheet, fitted sheet and pillow cases all different shades of ivory. I thought the point of a set was that it would all be the same color and shade.

manhandsha

quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

librarian60 wrote:I just received by queen set in ivory. A little disappointed that each piece is a DIFFERENT shade of ivory. Top sheet, fitted sheet and pillow cases all different shades of ivory. I thought the point of a set was that it would all be the same color and shade.

What a bummer! I'd suggest emailing Woot Member Services at support@woot.com. Be sure to include your order info.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Aetyrno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aetyrno

Just received mine... Colors all match, but these are definitely not queen sheets. At least a foot too wide, probably more like 2 feet...

Packaging says queen but there's nothing on the sheets themselves that says what size they are.

Edit - Just measured, dimensions match the king size. Even the pillow cases are the larger dimension. Yep, got king size sheets in a queen size package.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Aetyrno wrote:Just received mine... Colors all match, but these are definitely not queen sheets. At least a foot too wide, probably more like 2 feet...

Packaging says queen but there's nothing on the sheets themselves that says what size they are.

Edit - Just measured, dimensions match the king size. Even the pillow cases are the larger dimension. Yep, got king size sheets in a queen size package.

That's strange. Please contact support@woot.com so they can help you out. Include your woot user name and order number for faster service.

Apologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

vfrdirk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vfrdirk

I'm still eagerly awaiting mine. Fedex says they're resting comfortably in Dallas!

How did I get over 200 Woot purchases?

vfrdirk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vfrdirk
vfrdirk wrote:I'm still eagerly awaiting mine. Fedex says they're resting comfortably in Dallas!

Update! "In checking, it appears the order did not ship out as it should have. I apologize for that. We unfortunately have none left to have a replacement order sent out to you so a refund has been issued."

So, that's the Woot score for today.

How did I get over 200 Woot purchases?