jdevenberg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jdevenberg
ThatPoshGirl wrote:All of these sort of hit around what I am actually looking for. Is there such a thing as a small laptop with a decent display?

The Dell XPS 12 has a good looking 1920x1080 display on it.

karruttopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karruttopp
jdevenberg wrote:The Dell XPS 12 has a good looking 1920x1080 display on it.

Yeah but its a dell. run away.

escapepod87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages escapepod87

So then... no dice on a chromebook price drop? ;)

jnorden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorden

Just bought the chromebook. Haven't received it, but I'm already unhappy.

Amazon warehouse deals has a 'very good' used one for less, but the woot deal is elibigle for a square trade warranty. Since this is for my 11yr old daughter, and the square-trade web site seemed to list $39 for a 3-yr warranty with accident coverage, the woot deal seemed like a better idea. After purchasing, I discovered that refurbished warranties are different. It would be $32 for 1yr or $47 for just 2yr and there is *no* accident coverage, which would be the important part for me!

Even worse, out of sheer stupidity, the link on the woot product page to the square-trade coverage is done with *adobe flash* and I didn't even see it when I placed the order. All that was visible was the "authorized for square trade" line! When you click the plugin, there is a claim of "up to 3 years of coverage" but when you get to the square-deal page, the max you can buy is 2 years.

lkarmaz15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkarmaz15
jnorden wrote:Just bought the chromebook. Haven't received it, but I'm already unhappy.

Amazon warehouse deals has a 'very good' used one for less, but the woot deal is elibigle for a square trade warranty. Since this is for my 11yr old daughter, and the square-trade web site seemed to list $39 for a 3-yr warranty with accident coverage, the woot deal seemed like a better idea. After purchasing, I discovered that refurbished warranties are different. It would be $32 for 1yr or $47 for just 2yr and there is *no* accident coverage, which would be the important part for me!

Even worse, out of sheer stupidity, the link on the woot product page to the square-trade coverage is done with *adobe flash* and I didn't even see it when I placed the order. All that was visible was the "authorized for square trade" line! When you click the plugin, there is a claim of "up to 3 years of coverage" but when you get to the square-deal page, the max you can buy is 2 years.

I got excited for a good minute before I realized that the refurbished product squaretrade applied.

Do yourself a favor, get the 3G model new. It includes 100 MBs monthly data for 2 years, making it an excellent deal for $330

captchrista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captchrista
lkarmaz15 wrote:I got excited for a good minute before I realized that the refurbished product squaretrade applied.

Do yourself a favor, get the 3G model new. It includes 100 MBs monthly data for 2 years, making it an excellent deal for $330

forget the price.chromebook is not a computer...i have owned one for 3 months and i am sooo unhappy.. no skype, facebook for simple just checking freezes... no cut and paste.... i used the chrome browser for a long time and love it...not like that... you have.. like pulling teeth to download just pictures, and did i mention freezing... and i bought brand new.. and have an extended coverage ... and they said that was only hardware not software... it runs like a tablet..flash player crashes several times a day... very very short battery life. and gets really hot...i would return if i could ....just my experience

kurrelgyre

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kurrelgyre
captchrista wrote:forget the price.chromebook is not a computer...i have owned one for 3 months and i am sooo unhappy..

The same model?

revamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revamp

I have to remark on the chromebook comments. I have owned a Samsung C550 Chromebook for a year now and couldn't be happier with it. This is my model. I am an IT professional and this slim and lightweight laptop has become my daily driver for both work and home. Battery life is amazing, and since both my work and home email systems are google-based, it integrates perfectly with 90% of what I do. Drawbacks? No RDP, iffy compatibility with SharePoint, and no access to network shares (although I can get around this for work using our SSL VPN with a profile configured that has shares mapped to a web front end).

I use have selected to use the beta version of ChromeOS and in a year have never had any issues with the hardware or software. No freezing, no hanging, no keyboard issues (although I wish the keyboard were backlit). Nothing but exceptionally snappy performance (rivaling my desktop), including downloads and uploads of files and netflix streaming. I can't recommend the device enough, just be aware of what it is and what it is not. You can't install things on it (other than Chrome apps), but everyone should know that by now.

invertedspear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invertedspear

Purchased the gaming rig on 5/30, still hasn't shipped yet. Everyone else going this slow or should I be expecting a "We couldn't complete your order" email soon?

EDIT: So I finally got the confirmation email and the tracking number at the end of the day here. Looks like they already attempted delivery today. Sorry I missed it

Devook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Devook

The display stopped working a month after I received the computer. Woot deferred me to Samsung. Samsung is not honoring the warranty. I have a very expensive, very large paperweight now. Would not recommend going in on this woot if it goes up again.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Devook wrote:The display stopped working a month after I received the computer. Woot deferred me to Samsung. Samsung is not honoring the warranty. I have a very expensive, very large paperweight now. Would not recommend going in on this woot if it goes up again.

I am so sorry for the frustrating experience. Please contact support@woot.com and outline the attempts you've made to get your laptop serviced.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders