quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Item: White by Sarah Peyton 10" Mem Foam Mattress w/Cover -4 Sizes
Price: $199.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

LSTNYER

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LSTNYER

Mattress aside, anyone know where the bed frame came from?

w0n6312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w0n6312

Bed frame in photo is MALM from Ikea.
Not that anyone asked.

w0n6312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w0n6312
LSTNYER wrote:Mattress aside, anyone know where the bed frame came from?

Well, that was near simultaneous.

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

When will woot learn that it's all about the 5.3 lb density memory foam? 4 lb density foam just sags way too early in such a short time frame compared to the 5.3.

LSTNYER

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LSTNYER
w0n6312 wrote:Well, that was near simultaneous.

Thank you

OvRiDe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OvRiDe

Several Amazon reviewers said that it was great for 3-6 months and then the foam started collapsing.

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-10-Inch-Support-Mattress/product-reviews/B0017LY6TC

lilywhitekitten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lilywhitekitten

I'd advise anyone considering purchasing this one to reconsider. Weak foam. It'll start to flatten in just a couple months.

Save your money and go with a higher quality foam mattress.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Agreed, for an everyday use. But for the guest bedroom it works very well. As a matter of fact, it's what we've used for over 3 years now and it's held up well. For our own use, I agree with you, and we went with a more dense, well known brand and are very happy.

lilywhitekitten wrote:I'd advise anyone considering purchasing this one to reconsider. Weak foam. It'll start to flatten in just a couple months.

pate0460

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pate0460

It's 2.5 inches of memory foam and 7.5 inches of poly foam. No thanks.

Patricia E Rodgers

garthsworld

quality posts: 2 Private Messages garthsworld

I can't speak to the quality of this specific mattress but will say that I've been sleeping on the "name brand" memory foam mattress for over 12 years and it is in great condition. I almost didn't purchase it due to the price, but when I look at it from 12 years in the future, it has been a really good bargain. I haven't tried the trick with the bowling ball and a glass of wine, but I can roll over and the cat sleeping at the foot of the bed doesn't wake up!

mblumenf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mblumenf
garthsworld wrote:I haven't tried the trick with the bowling ball and a glass of wine, but I can roll over and the cat sleeping at the foot of the bed doesn't wake up!

We had a similar bed for several years and it became like some sort of running gag that you would see on a sitcom. You could get on the bed OK, but then you were on your own if you wanted to move. The foam just sort of sucks you in. Getting up in the morning was an ordeal, too. We gave up on it after trying for a year or so to get used to it and then went back to spring mattress.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

Can you see Russia from this mattress cover?

edwisch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edwisch

I bought a memory foam mattress and pillow from woot, probably a different one, but everything had amnesia. Months later, the pillows are still flat, and the mattress top is still flat. I sent an email to woot, which was acknowledged, but woot did nothing. WOOT DOES NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL LIKE THEY SAY THEY DO. IF YOUR MATTRESS HAS PROBLEMS, YOU'LL BE S.O.L. JUST AS I AM. BE REAL CAREFUL WHAT YOU BUY HERE OR YOU COULD GET SCREWED LIKE I WAS.

hulfy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hulfy
redspecial wrote:Can you see Russia from this mattress cover?

No, but if you hope to change your sleep patterns, forget it.

nivram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nivram

This spec: Viscoelastic Memory Foam: 2.5" / 4 lb. Density
is the one you should worry about.

4 lb. density foam is okay, but 5 lb foam is definitely much better, and will stand up to daily use much longer. Also, 2-1/2" of memory foam isn't much. 3-4" would be much better.
If you have a Big Lots store nearby, go check their Serta brand memory foam mattresses, and the specs on those.

Zetabee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Zetabee
w0n6312 wrote:Bed frame in photo is MALM from Ikea.
Not that anyone asked.

Yeah at first I thought Woot was selling IKEA furniture and thought well that's... different.

ron7200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ron7200

Your deathbed comments are tasteless.

billj357

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billj357

Well, you could just buy two and take the 'memory' part from one of them and add it to the other-then you would have 5"....

[b]BillJ357[b/]

nmill005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmill005

Bought this exact mattress (queen) from Amazon a little over a year ago. Was fantastic for about 2 months. Months 3-6 the mattress started sagging really bad and would never fully bounce back. Put up with it for another 4 months before we got rid of it. Complete waste of money.

dalealewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalealewis
edwisch wrote:I bought a memory foam mattress and pillow from woot, probably a different one, but everything had amnesia. Months later, the pillows are still flat, and the mattress top is still flat. I sent an email to woot, which was acknowledged, but woot did nothing. WOOT DOES NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL LIKE THEY SAY THEY DO. IF YOUR MATTRESS HAS PROBLEMS, YOU'LL BE S.O.L. JUST AS I AM. BE REAL CAREFUL WHAT YOU BUY HERE OR YOU COULD GET SCREWED LIKE I WAS.

I would like to see woot reply to the statement that woot doesNot stand behind what they see!Woot Co. What is your reply ???

Mooklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mooklyn

No thanks to the bed, love the deathbed story.

lochnessa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lochnessa

As someone whose spouse died in their sleep on a memory foam mattress (not this one) I can't say this is my favorite write up ever. I'm not offended or anything, although I will admit I find it an odd choice of theme.

eranical

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eranical

Overstock dot com have some pretty good deals on memory foam mattresses. I first picked up a Queen Which we used for over 2 years before upgrading to a King. The Queen is still in daily use by the kids 3 years later & both the Kings I bought are awesome. I stuck with their pick a firmness kind & picked the firmest choice.

I used to love woot & I still love Amazon, however the combo ain't as attractive ...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

w0n6312 wrote:Bed frame in photo is MALM from Ikea.
Not that anyone asked.

Your post reminded me of this video that I saw this weekend:

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

I love that Chinese companies pick these seemingly random names to stick on a product. #1 hit on Google for Sarah Peyton:
http://empathybrain.com/

It used to be just sub-par clothes - now it's invading sub-par household goods.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

ThunderThighs

Staff

lochnessa wrote:As someone whose spouse died in their sleep on a memory foam mattress (not this one) I can't say this is my favorite write up ever. I'm not offended or anything, although I will admit I find it an odd choice of theme.

Sorry for your loss. I respect that you might find this personally disturbing but that you also kept it in perspective.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

svbebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages svbebe
OvRiDe wrote:Several Amazon reviewers said that it was great for 3-6 months and then the foam started collapsing.

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-10-Inch-Support-Mattress/product-reviews/B0017LY6TC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I used viscoelastic foam in manufacturing when I was a furniture product development executive. If this foam is breaking down in less than a year, it IS NOT 4.0 pounds/cubic foot. As most people know, Chinese manufacturers will cheat on specifications if they know they can get away with it. I would be tempted to order a twin size mattress and disassemble the foam layers and weigh each layer. If the visco does weigh 4 pounds/cubic foot, then I would test it for additives such as sand or clay. Same thing with the bottom poly layer...it should weigh 3.0 pounds/cubic foot.

There is a mathematical test that may determine if the density claim is correct since the visco is 2.5/10 and the poly is 7.5.10 as long as the total weight is known...note that the total weight does not seem to appear in the specs.

This is something that Woot should do under the circumstances. If there is a discrepancy in specifications published by Woot, I would argue that Woot is responsible. Woot should contact me directly if they want additional information.

ManiacDan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ManiacDan
lilywhitekitten wrote:I'd advise anyone considering purchasing this one to reconsider. Weak foam. It'll start to flatten in just a couple months.

This is the biggest reason I don't yet have a memory foam mattress. At 6'5" and 330lbs, I wreck even expensive innerspring mattresses in a year or less. I read above that the 5.5lb foam is better, but I don't know how long it will last under me.

marquis1photo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marquis1photo

I got the memory foam bed from Costco about 6 years ago. Still going strong. No problems with it at all. We will be moving soon and now a good time to get a new one but I am not sure about this one. At least people not complaining about the memory foam not breathing.

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

ducss750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ducss750
svbebe wrote:I used viscoelastic foam in manufacturing when I was a furniture product development executive.

I believe you're the "go-to" guy for furniture reviews from now on.
Thanks for the info.

thebulletmagnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebulletmagnet
ManiacDan wrote:This is the biggest reason I don't yet have a memory foam mattress. At 6'5" and 330lbs, I wreck even expensive innerspring mattresses in a year or less. I read above that the 5.5lb foam is better, but I don't know how long it will last under me.

http://www.absolutecomfortonsale.com/specialty-mattress-bed.htm

I've read about the comfort max 300 but have yet to pull the trigger. But that may be the thing to go for?

markheardjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markheardjr

I HIGHLY recommend you check out the Spa Sensations memory foam mattress over at http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations-12-Theratouch-Memory-Foam-Mattress-Multiple-Sizes/10086752

2,654 reviews and it's better than 4.5/5 stars on an open rating system. You can't lie that much, it's the real deal. We have had one for 18 months and it is perfect. We paired it with a 2.5" gel memory foam topper from CostCo and never looked back.

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus

Why would anybody BUY a deathbed? How the heck do they sell those things anyway? Doesn't anyone ever just look at one and go, "whoa! this doesn't seem like a good idea"?

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

Zathros409

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zathros409
markheardjr wrote:I HIGHLY recommend you check out the Spa Sensations memory foam mattress over at http://www.walmart.com/

Walmart is the devil's playground so that must Satan's daybed.

ThunderThighs

Staff

edwisch wrote:I bought a memory foam mattress and pillow from woot, probably a different one, but everything had amnesia. Months later, the pillows are still flat, and the mattress top is still flat. I sent an email to woot, which was acknowledged, but woot did nothing. WOOT DOES NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL LIKE THEY SAY THEY DO. IF YOUR MATTRESS HAS PROBLEMS, YOU'LL BE S.O.L. JUST AS I AM. BE REAL CAREFUL WHAT YOU BUY HERE OR YOU COULD GET SCREWED LIKE I WAS.

Heard back from CS. You emailed 6 months after the purchase that had a 90-day warranty. If the product was flat after the first week, you should have contacted the manufacturer immediately. I'm sorry for your experience but it was out of warranty.

umairahmed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages umairahmed

Review from actual user
Year 1 - great
Year 2 - good
Year 3 - misery sets in
Year 4 - back to woot.com for another $300 memory foam mattress

bethluedtke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethluedtke
LSTNYER wrote:Mattress aside, anyone know where the bed frame came from?