WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle Audio Musical Instruments

Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fricking walrus-looking piece of dirt! Get the frick off my drum set! Get the frick down off of my drum set! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your drumsticks off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world!
Pyle official site

Quality Posts

0rion5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0rion5

Does anyone know what mini amp is pictured?

lightingal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightingal

on the banjo, is there no bridge?

Without lighting, it's just radio...

spleen1666

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spleen1666

No love for the left handed Wooters yet again? Sigh...

jblood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jblood
lightingal wrote:on the banjo, is there no bridge?

It does come with a bridge, but you have to install it. It's not difficult to install.

ebmiller07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebmiller07

The PGEKT30 has impressive reviews on Amazon. There was a bad review about the gig bag and tuner being low quality, and a one star review that was clearly written by a "Curly." I think i'm going to pick one up.

jshagam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jshagam

The PED07 drum kit looks suspiciously similar to the Alesis/Ion IED01 drum kit. It's a vaguely-serviceable kit for learning how to bang in rhythm, but I found it wasn't particularly durable (especially the adjustment knobs, which had a tendency to shatter and cut my skin while I was tightening them) and the mounting clamps didn't do a very good job of clamping. Plus, the trigger pads would barely register a light hit, and would double-register harder hits, and its MIDI implementation left a lot to be desired.

If it isn't obvious, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want something for learning how to drum, get something like a Yamaha DD-series drum pad thing, and if you want a low-end electronic drum kit for recording purposes, expect to pay a few hundred more and get something like a Yamaha DTX or even the ultra-compact Roland v.drums (which run around $800).

theotheborg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theotheborg

Regarding the Drums (PED02M)How big is the box/how much does it weigh> I live in Saudi Arabia and want to ship it there or carry as luggage after vacation this summer. Doable?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

"You get what you pay for", is commonly accepted as a true statement. Well, with musical instruments, it goes triple! With that in mind think, you are certainly not paying much for these instruments. It would be argued these are "bargain basement" prices.

hasopt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt

According to this site, the pro bass guitar package list price is $229 (not $531.99).

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

So the Bass is the first to sell out? So was there that few or are there a lot of people out there that aren't getting into music to sway the females?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Steve Martin would be proud.

amiller320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amiller320

I bought that banjo last time around. It's a terrible, terrible instrument. And I'm not just being picky about it. It's garbage. Any (ANY!) pressure on the neck causes it to go wildly out of tune. A couple of pounds of pressure on the neck, and it sounds like a whammy bar.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
amiller320 wrote:I bought that banjo last time around. It's a terrible, terrible instrument. And I'm not just being picky about it. It's garbage. Any (ANY!) pressure on the neck causes it to go wildly out of tune. A couple of pounds of pressure on the neck, and it sounds like a whammy bar.

Not being picky?? that may be your problem!

(ooh ho ho ho, you see what I did there?)

phildozer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages phildozer
jshagam wrote:The PED07 drum kit looks suspiciously similar to the Alesis/Ion IED01 drum kit. It's a vaguely-serviceable kit for learning how to bang in rhythm, but I found it wasn't particularly durable (especially the adjustment knobs, which had a tendency to shatter and cut my skin while I was tightening them) and the mounting clamps didn't do a very good job of clamping. Plus, the trigger pads would barely register a light hit, and would double-register harder hits, and its MIDI implementation left a lot to be desired.

If it isn't obvious, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want something for learning how to drum, get something like a Yamaha DD-series drum pad thing, and if you want a low-end electronic drum kit for recording purposes, expect to pay a few hundred more and get something like a Yamaha DTX or even the ultra-compact Roland v.drums (which run around $800).

I second your emotion.

I purchased the drum kit for my son for the holidays (Yes, Christmas but I'm being multi-cultural so get over it) and was pretty underwhelmed with the overall quality. As stated above, the knobs are crap. Additionally, the wires that connect the pads to the controls are flimsy.

Keeping everything tightened up and not flopping over is a constant battle.

Spend some more money and you'll be purchasing a whole lot fewer headaches.

r15ka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r15ka

Did anyone else get a broken guitar beside me?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

r15ka wrote:Did anyone else get a broken guitar beside me?

Ehhhhhh I'm sorry to hear that you received your order like that.

I would recommend that you email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be able to help sort it out.

toa11111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toa11111

my bass hasn't shipped yet. Anyone else waiting for shipment? I placed my order on 6/1

InnaGottaDaVida

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InnaGottaDaVida
toa11111 wrote:my bass hasn't shipped yet. Anyone else waiting for shipment? I placed my order on 6/1

I'm a-waitin' for mine, too.

RandomMinds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RandomMinds

I haven't received mine yet either... and It doesn't even say it shipped... this is freaking ridiculous... I've bought from Woot a lot, and this is the WORST customer service yet!

RandomMinds

Forgot to mention... I ordered the bass on the 1st....

Still NOTHING!

I've NEVER had such slow "Packing" let alone shipping since I started ordering from woot in 2006!

slimicy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slimicy
RandomMinds wrote:Forgot to mention... I ordered the bass on the 1st....

Still NOTHING!

I've NEVER had such slow "Packing" let alone shipping since I started ordering from woot in 2006!

Yeah, I ordered on the 1st as well. I emailed support last week and they said it's being shipped through the vendor so they don't have tracking info. I asked if they could at least confirm it's been shipped, but never got a response.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry for the delay. Let me see what I can find out.

6/19 Update: Obviously there is a problem. The buyer is working frantically with the vendor to get this resolved, hopefully today. I'll let you know more as soon as I get the info.

This is a screw-up for sure and we apologize.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

InnaGottaDaVida

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InnaGottaDaVida
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the delay. Let me see what I can find out.

6/19 Update: Obviously there is a problem. The buyer is working frantically with the vendor to get this resolved, hopefully today. I'll let you know more as soon as I get the info.

This is a screw-up for sure and we apologize.

I received an update from Woot support informing me the vendor could not fulfill the order. I received a full refund from Woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

InnaGottaDaVida wrote:I received an update from Woot support informing me the vendor could not fulfill the order. I received a full refund from Woot.

I'm sorry. We are working with this vendor to see that this doesn't happen in the future.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

RandomMinds

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry. We are working with this vendor to see that this doesn't happen in the future.

It has now been over a month... I have not received my Bass... Nor have I received an update... And I definitely have not received a refund!

What The He11 Woot!

I WANT MY BASS!!!

RandomMinds

RandomMinds wrote:It has now been over a month... I have not received my Bass... Nor have I received an update... And I definitely have not received a refund!

What The He11 Woot!

I WANT MY BASS!!!

After a full 4+ weeks of waiting... and asking 3 times... "Where is my Bass?"... they said they can't send me one and they are going to refund my money.

What a pain in the A22!

ThunderThighs

Staff

RandomMinds wrote:After a full 4+ weeks of waiting... and asking 3 times... "Where is my Bass?"... they said they can't send me one and they are going to refund my money.

What a pain in the A22!

I'm so sorry. We recognize that this was a horrible experience and will work to see that it doesn't happen again.

FORUM MODERATOR

JesterXXV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JesterXXV

So I finally got my bass, but the strings rattle. As far as I can tell, that means I need to adjust the truss, but I have no idea how to do that and it didn't come with instructions, nor can I find any online. There's generic instructions for various basses, but the truss adjustment for this bass doesn't seem to be in the same spot as all those others. Anybody have any clue how this is supposed to work?

EDIT: Figured it out! There's a little plastic panel at the top of the neck by the tuning pegs that's held on by three screws. You take that off, and then the truss rod adjustment thing is in a groove under that.