wangstang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangstang

Well...are you?

Whenever you get a chance there is one heck of a customer service spill on isle 7 that you may want to look into and clean up:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5447731

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5457241

Thanks
Wes

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

wangstang wrote:Well...are you?

Whenever you get a chance there is one heck of a customer service spill on isle 7 that you may want to look into and clean up:

Thanks
Wes

TT is still on vacation, yes.
Those of us who have been here the all week with this issue, have been cautiously and vigilantly watching the forums and communicating with Woot Member Services to figure how HOW and WHY this event has occurred.

We honestly didn't receive any information regarding the shipping delay until early yesterday morning, at which point the issue became a bit of a waiting game (which you very patient people seem to have experienced)

I posted yesterday that we were informed that the shipments were to be updated and begin delivery sometime today. I realize that these tracking numbers have STILL not shown up and have yet to provide any sign of relief for those of you still anxiously anticipating your order.

In lieu of another string of emails to WMS, I've decided to escalate all of your posts along to the higher authorities to see if I can't get the ball rolling.

All of us community mods here greatly appreciate your undying patience as we try to quickly and efficiently find a resolve.

As SOON as we discover any further information regarding the shipping updates we will share the news and hopefully remedy this already very complicated blunder.

Sincerely,
RogetRay

wangstang

ROGETRAY wrote:

I posted yesterday that we were informed that the shipments were to be updated and begin delivery sometime today. I realize that these tracking numbers have STILL not shown up and have yet to provide any sign of relief for those of you still anxiously anticipating your order.

In lieu of another string of emails to WMS, I've decided to escalate all of your posts along to the higher authorities to see if I can't get the ball rolling.

Thank you for escalating. I think many were under the impression that happened a few days ago.

Thanks
Wes

tksams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tksams
wangstang wrote:Thank you for escalating. I think many were under the impression that happened a few days ago.

Thanks
Wes

As far as I am concerned this has not happened yet. We have yet to see ANY results besides empty promises from "higher pay grades". If that were true, something would be happening, which isn't the case.

Zathuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zathuras
tksams wrote:As far as I am concerned this has not happened yet. We have yet to see ANY results besides empty promises from "higher pay grades". If that were true, something would be happening, which isn't the case.

Still haven't heard anything about the 2nd half of my order from 5/12 either (not a tablet.) The inability to cancel the order given the amount of time since the order was placed is a really painful limitation of the Woot system. I wish I could find something positive to say about how this issue has been handled,but at this point I cannot.

tksams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tksams
Zathuras wrote:Still haven't heard anything about the 2nd half of my order from 5/12 either (not a tablet.) The inability to cancel the order given the amount of time since the order was placed is a really painful limitation of the Woot system. I wish I could find something positive to say about how this issue has been handled,but at this point I cannot.

I thought I already posted this for you, but it seems I didn't.

You should look into filing a dispute with your Credit Card company or PayPal if you used them.

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
tksams wrote:I thought I already posted this for you, but it seems I didn't.

You should look into filing a dispute with your Credit Card company or PayPal if you used them.

You *did* post this. I saw your comment, but it seems it was deleted. Sad business, this all is.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Zathuras wrote:Still haven't heard anything about the 2nd half of my order from 5/12 either (not a tablet.) The inability to cancel the order given the amount of time since the order was placed is a really painful limitation of the Woot system. I wish I could find something positive to say about how this issue has been handled,but at this point I cannot.

i sent your post to Support, so they'll be hearing about this from my end as well. i'm sorry for the delay, and i'm very sorry that you've had an unpleasant experience.

our Support team is working incredibly hard right now, and i'm afraid everything's taking a little longer than we'd like. regardless, we'll make sure you get taken care of, and we're grateful for your patience.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

wangstang

ROGETRAY wrote:In lieu of another string of emails to WMS, I've decided to escalate all of your posts along to the higher authorities to see if I can't get the ball rolling.

Sincerely,
RogetRay

justinables wrote:Hello Everyone,

A [rare] weekend CS staff member has appeared!

I know this is the lion's den, but I just wanted to reenforce what the mods have been saying:

1) These are being shipped by our vendor partner as we speak
2) We are doing our best to receive and upload tracking
3) People with higher pay grades are aware of the issues
4) We know this sucks and are not very happy about it as well
5) We are sorry

Please email us at support@woot.com to inquire about your specific order and we will tell you everything we know.

Love,

Woot CS

Justinables & RogetRay,

I won't go down the path of a few of the posters in this thread and start hurling insults your way.

But

I would like to see woot! do two things...

1) Make sure the higher pay grade folks are made aware of this thread along with another one:

It's clear that there are more issues with woot's electronics than with other divisions of the site.

For example, I ordered a Do All Outdoors target on the 22nd, a day after I ordered this tablet. I received the shipping notice with two days of the order and the target arrived on the 28th. It was a great example of a perfectly normal and acceptable woot! transaction.

Obviously this tablet fiasco has turned into the exact opposite.

2)Establish guidelines for escalation which include

A) Getting the right answer for customers questions instead of posting or emailing canned answers

B) Do not repeatedly refer people to support@woot.com for further questions when it's clear there's more than one customer dealing with the same issue. Move the issue resolution to the discussion forum or establish a non-public resolution forum where it can be discussed using invite only for all of those involved. The goal here is to provide a timely and consistent response to all customers dealing with the issue.

C)Requiring that if there is a problem with a vendor, a higher level manager needs to step up and deal with the problem from the start, speaking with both the vendor and the customer, without CS reps being stuck in the middle.

D)Establish a protocol which allows a customer to cancel an order without having to have it shipped to the customer and then return shipped back to woot for a refund. Especially so when an issue arises with fulfillment of an order.

E) TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS....TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS....TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you string your customers out for 11+ days with email this vague email address that takes 24+ hours to get a response from and even then it's going to be same canned answer we have given you over and over again ....even if you do eventually get the product out the door and in their hands on the 12th day...the customer is still going to look at your business as a company to avoid and they will share that experience with several other people. If you make it up to your customers in some fashion it may mend the fence a bit and let you keep a customer.

F) Please understand that while everyone enjoys the "Witt of Woot"...The BS needs to stop when you are holding my money and have no clue where your product is. As they say...There's a time & place...

NOW

I know... I know...you are thinking that this is just a limited batch of customers with these ASUS tablets and handful of customers in other listings on rare occasions.... well it's not.

I started this thread to document a number of similar issues that have come in just the last month for what I'm guess is 100+ other woot customers between all of the listings that have been having issues. And those were just the ones I found in few minutes of looking around.

Thanks
Wes

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
wangstang wrote:Justinables & RogetRay,

I won't go down the path of a few of the posters in this thread and start hurling insults your way.

First: I don't have an update for you, and I apologize for that.

I did want to hop in and provide some insight though.

We definitely make sure the right people know about the issues, and business gets reviewed weekly. I know for a fact there's a report explicitly targeted at shipping issues. Ultimately, we're customers too and know how it sucks to be in a situation like this.

We refer people to support@woot to make sure the issue is tracked, tickets are assigned, and actions can be double-checked. We'll continue to try to get information out here too.

I can't speak for fulfillment or other parts of the business, necessarily -- I'm just the community dude -- but we hear your feedback and really do appreciate it. This is the thing we can take to the right people and say, "Look, this comes directly from a customer. This is what they want." I really do appreciate those of you going to the trouble of making it constructive and civil.

Hang in there; I apologize for the woes.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

wangstang

Gatzby,
Thank you for responding to this thread. I appreciate your response.

Gatzby wrote:We refer people to support@woot to make sure the issue is tracked, tickets are assigned, and actions can be double-checked. We'll continue to try to get information out here too.

While I get the concept, what I've observed is a practice of if it's a shipping problem, send this answer:
{copy & paste}

if it's a warranty question send this answer:
{copy & paste}

if it's a product details question send this answer:
{copy & paste}

if it's a cancel my order question send this answer:
{copy & paste}

I get there's limited staff but the above practice is a real turn off when you ask the same question three times and recieved the same canned generic answer each time. Especially when the discussion forums have multiple people with the same question.

Heck I got a canned answer that conflicted with info posted by the staff here last week.

This is why I am suggesting you move customer service to a forum based setting where I can post my question, a rep can read & respond, I can follow up and another rep can quickly catch up on whats been covered before responding to give the right answer. Also putting multiple people with the same question about a product in a single thread should allow your staff communicate a single and clear message to those customers with the right info vs having to deal with a volley of support@woot.com emails.

Thanks for checking in.

Wes

wangstang

TT,
How was your vacation?

Wes

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wangstang wrote:TT,
How was your vacation?

Wes

AWESOME! We went on a roller coaster vacation to Kings Island and Cedar Point in Ohio. The trippiest one was where you sat down, they moved the seats so you were laying down, and the cars traveled head first. So you were laying down flying head first through inversions, loops, and more. Whoa.

Then to WI to visit ex's family so son could see Grandma. (Ex passed away a couple years ago.)

Thanks for asking.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
ThunderThighs wrote:AWESOME! We went on a roller coaster vacation to Kings Island and Cedar Point in Ohio. The trippiest one was where you sat down, they moved the seats so you were laying down, and the cars traveled head first. So you were laying down flying head first through inversions, loops, and more. Whoa.

Then to WI to visit ex's family so son could see Grandma. (Ex passed away a couple years ago.)

Thanks for asking.

Great Vacation! Those are 2 great parks for coasters.....

If you love coasters that much check out the American Coaster Enthusiast at aceonline.org

ThunderThighs

Staff

mdrcoast wrote:Great Vacation! Those are 2 great parks for coasters.....

If you love coasters that much check out the American Coaster Enthusiast at aceonline.org

I've visited quite a few of the enthusiast sites. That's what took us to Cedar Point the first time about 5 years ago. We liked Kings Island better. I was really impressed with The Beast. Probably the best wooden roller coaster I've ridden... and the fastest. I liked that you weren't beaten up during the ride.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:I've visited quite a few of the enthusiast sites. That's what took us to Cedar Point the first time about 5 years ago. We liked Kings Island better. I was really impressed with The Beast. Probably the best wooden roller coaster I've ridden... and the fastest. I liked that you weren't beaten up during the ride.

That's great. Then maybe we'll see you again.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:That's great. Then maybe we'll see you again.

And we had dinner with Pooflady!

FORUM MODERATOR

wangstang

Hey Thunder,
Glad you had a great trip. If you are ever down in NC let me know, my family would enjoy to host or meet you for a meal. Based on your posts you would be a woot...error hoot to hang out with.

Thanks
Wes

PS please check your PM box for a message from me. Thx

ThunderThighs

Staff

wangstang wrote:Hey Thunder,
Glad you had a great trip. If you are ever down in NC let me know, my family would enjoy to host or meet you for a meal. Based on your posts you would be a woot...error hoot to hang out with.

Thanks
Wes

PS please check your PM box for a message from me. Thx

Awwww, thanks. Answered your PM.

FORUM MODERATOR