quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme

Item: iGo Charger with 12 AA & 8 AAA Batteries
Price: $15.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder

I have these, they are ok, but eneloops are far better, and worth the money. I will only buy eneloops now.

k2wananb

quality posts: 12 Private Messages k2wananb
wootmeharder wrote:I have these, they are ok, but eneloops are far better, and worth the money. I will only buy eneloops now.

I think most will agree eneloops are a better battery, but this is a great deal.

k2wananb

Wish I could just buy the AAAs. I have rechargeable AAs coming out my ears.

msticninja

quality posts: 3 Private Messages msticninja

Hmm, RAM batteries? Great for stored shelf life, bad for recharge cycles. If you drain these past 50% or so, you'll get less than 100 recharge cycles. Past 20% and you might only get 10-20 cycles.

Great for remote controls and such that sit around forever without much real drain, very bad for cameras and other high drain devices. Be advised.

viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike

WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

There was once a boy named Derrrick who liked dragons much, and he had dragon posters all over his bedroom. Then, one night he thought he saw something flying outside of his bedroom, so he entered the bedroom of his parents and said to his parents, "Parents, I am afraid off a beast that is outside my window with wings." His parents were bad parents, and so they said, "We don't care about you, Derrrick! Go back to your sleep room and don't make us bothered again!" So Derrrick did just that! He never made them bothered again because when they checked on him in the morning, they found that he was gone eaten by a dragon.

"Oh no!" Said Derrrick's mother, because she had always secrecy loved him a lot because he was her only son and she was a great mom. For morning, she decided to spent the night in his room, and she also got eaten by a dragon also! The next night his father slept in his room because he was sad too now because his wife had been died by a dragon, and he got dragon eaten too.

Now, every week on the days of the time the dragon ate Derrrick's family, the dragon comes back to eat another family. This ISN'T FAKE! If you don't repost this into the comments section of any Woot sale in the next ten minutes it'll be your family that gets the eaten by a dragon!

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob
k2wananb wrote:Wish I could just buy the AAAs. I have rechargeable AAs coming out my ears.

On another hand, I wish I could just buy AAs, because I don't have any uses for AAAs.

what, Me, sig?

wootmeharder

k2wananb wrote:I think most will agree eneloops are a better battery, but this is a great deal.

My point is I would recommend NOT buying these and opting to spend a few more bucks on much better batteries.
Why waste money on an inferior product. Life is too short ;)

RaisinROM

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RaisinROM

I bought these a while back on Woot and they are GREAT, best rechargeables I've had (granted, I haven't owned the Eneloops, but I hear they are very expensive).

I use these in my "Worktunes" headphones and each charge lasts a very long time.

This set is a great deal with all those batteries that come with it ! You can't go wrong for the money.

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder

jannypop

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jannypop
viciousspike wrote:WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

There was once a boy named Derrrick who liked dragons much, and he had dragon posters all over his bedroom. Then, one night he thought he saw something flying outside of his bedroom, so he entered the bedroom of his parents and said to his parents, "Parents, I am afraid off a beast that is outside my window with wings." His parents were bad parents, and so they said, "We don't care about you, Derrrick! Go back to your sleep room and don't make us bothered again!" So Derrrick did just that! He never made them bothered again because when they checked on him in the morning, they found that he was gone eaten by a dragon.

"Oh no!" Said Derrrick's mother, because she had always secrecy loved him a lot because he was her only son and she was a great mom. For morning, she decided to spent the night in his room, and she also got eaten by a dragon also! The next night his father slept in his room because he was sad too now because his wife had been died by a dragon, and he got dragon eaten too.

Now, every week on the days of the time the dragon ate Derrrick's family, the dragon comes back to eat another family. This ISN'T FAKE! If you don't repost this into the comments section of any Woot sale in the next ten minutes it'll be your family that gets the eaten by a dragon!

Good one! That's rich! Made me guffaw!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

stevelevinthal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevelevinthal

I bought one in the fall of 2012. The second AAA from the left never recognized a battery in there. Contacted Woot, and they sent me an additional one. Sweet, right?

Not so much. That one had the same position die. I contacted iGo. They answered me weeks later, asking for more information. I sent them that, then nothing.

I've called, and find that no human at iGo ever answers the phone. I don't want to plug in two devices to do the work of one.

The batteries are also too thick to use in my Universal Remote 850s. They get stuck.

I wouldn't touch this product, for the batteries, the charger, OR the company's support. iGo must be in the throes of death if their support's gotten this bad. I still have a unit under warranty, and they're not honoring it. The failure of the same position in two units points to a manufacturing issue. Beware!

k2wananb

stevelevinthal wrote:I bought one in the fall of 2012. The second AAA from the left never recognized a battery in there. Contacted Woot, and they sent me an additional one. Sweet, right?

Not so much. That one had the same position die. I contacted iGo. They answered me weeks later, asking for more information. I sent them that, then nothing.

I've called, and find that no human at iGo ever answers the phone. I don't want to plug in two devices to do the work of one.

The batteries are also too thick to use in my Universal Remote 850s. They get stuck.

I wouldn't touch this product, for the batteries, the charger, OR the company's support. iGo must be in the throes of death if they're support's gotten this bad. I still have a unit under warranty, and they're not honoring it. The failure of the same position in two units points to a manufacturing issue. Beware!

Hmmm. I bought iGos here on Woot in 2012, and my charger is still going strong.

wootmeharder

stevelevinthal wrote:I bought one in the fall of 2012. The second AAA from the left never recognized a battery in there. Contacted Woot, and they sent me an additional one. Sweet, right?

I wouldn't touch this product, for the batteries, the charger, OR the company's support. iGo must be in the throes of death if they're support's gotten this bad. I still have a unit under warranty, and they're not honoring it. The failure of the same position in two units points to a manufacturing issue. Beware!

This charger is NOT a smart charger. I had it melt one of my batteries. I was in for three, and threw all three chargers in the trash. I only use a smart charger now.
Also, I have noticed the batteries are thicker, I really have to force them into my 2-way radios I use camping.

maxwax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maxwax

I too bought these from woot and for the first year or so they worked nicely. Then they started leaking in the charger and one by one they've been dying on me. I'm sad to say I am not buying any more of these.

expwnent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages expwnent

The AAA's are slightly bigger than your standard energizer, and as such do not fit into the device that I specifically bought them for.

matthewjfazio

quality posts: 3 Private Messages matthewjfazio
wootmeharder wrote:I have these, they are ok, but eneloops are far better, and worth the money. I will only buy eneloops now.

I am in the same agreement. Used to get these, but Eneloops are FAR FAR better. Spend the extra bucks-- Costco usually has them in stock for about $20.

- Matthew J. Fazio

WootAGuy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WootAGuy

I won't even consider buying these unless I know the initial, rated capacity which is not included in the stats. Here's a good comparison of the different types of rechargeable batteries, http://michaelbluejay.com/batteries/rechargeable.html.

maxgoldstein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maxgoldstein

Got these a year ago and have had good luck with them in irrigation timers and bike lights. I didn't know not to drain them all the way so I'm in for some more batteries so I can swap them out more frequently to preserve recharge ability. I can charge my irrigation timer batteries every 6 months instead of yearly so I don't drain them all the way.

ATMA

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ATMA

Is the current listed on the AA battery? I would like to compare these agains one of my eneloop AA's. Thanks.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

that was fun while it lasted!

ATMA

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ATMA

All I can find on their site is "Same 1.5 volts as disposable alkalines". That isn't good enough for me.

ATMA wrote:Is the current listed on the AA battery? I would like to compare these agains one of my eneloop AA's. Thanks.

maxgoldstein

my AAs are 2000mAh and that is what I saw on other websites as well, I don't own any igo AAAs

maxgoldstein

it says 1.5v on my AAs

haywardk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages haywardk
wootmeharder wrote:My point is I would recommend NOT buying these and opting to spend a few more bucks on much better batteries.

Because again it depends what your need are. Not high demand devices these are just fine.

haywardk

wootmeharder wrote:My point is I would recommend NOT buying these and opting to spend a few more bucks on much better batteries.

Again not a high demand device like a remote or now and then used LED flashlight and you don't let them go dead they endure quite well with long cycle/shelf life for low cost.

And not that there aren't, I have not encountered a device they don't fit in.

haywardk

wootmeharder wrote:This charger is NOT a smart charger. I had it melt one of my batteries. I was in for three, and threw all three chargers in the trash.

Well I would have to ask are you talking some other battery or an iGo?

Not had problems with these yet but the 8 position one that has also been offered here and I use most for them is more intelligent, with LED screen scale individual battery state indication and will actually charge 1, 3, 5 or 7 batteries most chargers won't.

And you might ask why... well there are a lot of 3 cell LED bike/flashlights (more the 5v led native V) out there...4 cell fry them for a while...though nice and bright for a while initially but shortening life at 6V. But 5V LEDS do just fine on 4.5 and really as bright as 5V just not the over burn of initial 6V

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
bpr2 wrote:WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

ENGRISH PLEASE. I had thai food tonight, and that was enough typos and terrible grammar for one night.

haywardk

Jayrookie wrote:ENGRISH PLEASE. I had thai food tonight, and that was enough typos and terrible grammar for one night.

Obviously one person and multiple ID's but hopefully 1 IP they can ban for life. Or even dynamic so multiply posting can be sourced.

ebalzen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ebalzen

bought one last time. Seems to function properly, but the charge does not last very long. I replaced the batteries w Duracells; no discernible improvement.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

haywardk wrote:Obviously one person and multiple ID's but hopefully 1 IP they can ban for life. Or even dynamic so multiply posting can be sourced.

...or they're doing precisely what they were told.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
bpr2 wrote: ...This is very importance!

WARNING! Post by an ignoramus. Abort further reading.

akozicki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akozicki
bpr2 wrote:WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

It's really quite funny if you can read it in a Russian accent (German accent is almost as amusing).

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

The dragon post originated on Shirt forum, fyi.

Keep calm and carry on.

synimatik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synimatik

Bought a bunch of these last time, they are total crap. Most of them didn't even last a year before they won't hold a charge any more. When they were charging, it was a fraction of other batteries. These are completely useless. I hate to say it, but they are.

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn

If you buy this, buy it for the charger, which from my experience isn't bad at all. The batteries crapped out after about 10-15 recharge cycles. I bought a bunch of Duracells and they are still taking on charges and working on my kids' Leap Pads after well over a year. Of course, I also bought some cheap AC Delco rechargeable batteries too and the charger didn't know what to do with them.

Maybe in for one today.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

This is a 15 year old tech idea that failed in the US. Back then, I had a syndicated radio show about all kinds of tech stuff and some big name battery company sent me their version of rechargeable alkalines. At that time Nicads were still around with their famous memory effects and NiMh were still low capacity and expensive.

The PR rep pointed out that, each time you recharge a cell, it loses somewhere around 5% of it's capacity, so they had a very finite life (especially compared with today's NiMH cells).

It was the perfect product to sell: A reusable cell that pooped out pretty quickly so you still had to buy more.

But soon, longer lived rechargeables overtook these and went the way of the Zip Disk and other other wonders of that era.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

HarveyH45

quality posts: 4 Private Messages HarveyH45

Been using these batteries for over a year, and have recharged them many times. Quite a bargain, compared to disposable batteries. Not all devices are Nimh friendly, and really need the extra 0.3 volts per cell. My main reason for giving these a try.

Enelopes are low self discharge, simply hold their charge, when not in use. They make little difference, for things you use often, and average about $2.00 each cell (yeah, brag about all the great deals that can be found).

Rechargeable are about saving money over time, compared to just throwing money in the trash, with single use batteries. You have to swap them out, recharge them, more frequently, than just using disposables, same with any rechargeable.

The charger is a 'smart' charger, used both, the 4 position, and the 8 position, each cell is independent, and most definitely not on a timer. Besides, how could it do NiMh batteries as well. I've only had a few batteries fail, in more than a year, over-discharged them. None have leaked, in the charger, or device. Batteries barely even get warm in the charger. You get hot batteries with timer based chargers.

When you over-discharge any type battery, you run the risk of leakage, and a good chance it won't charge again. You can't run your device, until it stops working, before changing the batteries, like disposables, since you will be disposing rechargeable just the same, but at a higher price. Need to learn new habits. I just sometimes forget which devices have disposable batteries sometimes.

It's better to recharge batteries, before they actually need it, rather than wait too long between charging.

ellehcem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellehcem

I already have one and love these batteries. Excited to get more,

cosmicpea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cosmicpea

Said it before and I'll say it again. Bought one of these Woots last year. These are not good batteries and it's not a good charger. The batteries are only good for mice and remotes.

Not only should you get the Eneloops get a LaCrosse charger too. Over the long haul you will actually save money. And you can use those batteries for more than five minutes on something important, like a flashlight.