StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
matthewjfazio wrote:Costco usually has them in stock for about $20.

I wouldn't trust Costco to have an unusual item like this from one shopping trip to the next. I know my local Costco no longer carries them.

deemery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deemery

I got a set of these in a previous Woot and they've been a disappointment. They just don't hold that much charge. I ended up going back to normal disposable batteries for my wireless keyboard/mouse.

bluemaple

quality posts: 73 Private Messages bluemaple
cosmicpea wrote:Said it before and I'll say it again. Bought one of these Woots last year. These are not good batteries and it's not a good charger. The batteries are only good for mice and remotes.

Not only should you get the Eneloops get a LaCrosse charger too. Over the long haul you will actually save money. And you can use those batteries for more than five minutes on something important, like a flashlight.

@cosmicpea, I do not own these iGos but agree with your Eneloop and LaCrosse chargers (available on sister Amazon) comment.

If you manage a lot of rechargeables, the very smart LaCrosse charger is a 'smart' move.

I've owned several brands of rechargeables, Eveready, Panasonic (normally a great brand), etc... none of them have survived (held a charge) as long as the Eneloops. The others have gone in the recycling bag, keeping my spent disposables warm.

Sure you could buy these iGos for $0.30-0.50 each (depending on what you think the unproven charger is worth) vs. $2 per Eneloop. Sounds like a great deal.

But I will stick with the batteries I know I can count on - not a difficult decision for that kind of money. Until I see a proven more reliable alternative at a reasonable price.

m886

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m886

Added 3 to my cart at 1am eastern but waited till this morning to pull the trigger since the board was already lighting up. Glad I did with all the info put out on these batteries. Not for me.

ssix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ssix

I've probably ordered 60 or more of these batteries over the past two years. The good news is they work well and as far as holding a charge they even work in my nikon flash. The only downside is you better have spares because it takes almost a full day to recharge. I WILL be ordering more!

Kettleman38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kettleman38

I bought 2 of these at a sightly higher price a while back. If your thinking of buying these you should listen to is and others comments. The chargers are basally junk and the batteries don't really hold a charge very long I've trashed both. Save your money.

leon7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leon7

Hey, does anyone knows if it works on 120VAC and 220VAC? I cannot find this info anywhere. Thanks

chgo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chgo
viciousspike wrote:WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

There was once a boy named Derrrick who liked dragons much, and he had dragon posters all over his bedroom. Then, one night he thought he saw something flying outside of his bedroom, so he entered the bedroom of his parents and said to his parents, "Parents, I am afraid off a beast that is outside my window with wings." His parents were bad parents, and so they said, "We don't care about you, Derrrick! Go back to your sleep room and don't make us bothered again!" So Derrrick did just that! He never made them bothered again because when they checked on him in the morning, they found that he was gone eaten by a dragon.

"Oh no!" Said Derrrick's mother, because she had always secrecy loved him a lot because he was her only son and she was a great mom. For morning, she decided to spent the night in his room, and she also got eaten by a dragon also! The next night his father slept in his room because he was sad too now because his wife had been died by a dragon, and he got dragon eaten too.

Now, every week on the days of the time the dragon ate Derrrick's family, the dragon comes back to eat another family. This ISN'T FAKE! If you don't repost this into the comments section of any Woot sale in the next ten minutes it'll be your family that gets the eaten by a dragon!

What does this have to do with rechargable batteries?

jkuch84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkuch84
chgo wrote:What does this have to do with rechargable batteries?

That's for us to know, and you to find out!

jspar22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jspar22

Bought these a few months back and quite disappointed. The two main issues I have are: 1) the charger will say the batteries are charged, though some are still dead 2) some of the charger connectors stick and thus do not charge the batteries.

Overall I wouldn't purchase again. The batteries, when charged, do not hold it long.

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell
bpr2 wrote:WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

There was once a boy named Derrrick who liked dragons much, and he had dragon posters all over his bedroom. Then, one night he thought he saw something flying outside of his bedroom, so he entered the bedroom of his parents and said to his parents, "Parents, I am afraid off a beast that is outside my window with wings." His parents were bad parents, and so they said, "We don't care about you, Derrrick! Go back to your sleep room and don't make us bothered again!" So Derrrick did just that! He never made them bothered again because when they checked on him in the morning, they found that he was gone eaten by a dragon.

"Oh no!" Said Derrrick's mother, because she had always secrecy loved him a lot because he was her only son and she was a great mom. For morning, she decided to spent the night in his room, and she also got eaten by a dragon also! The next night his father slept in his room because he was sad too now because his wife had been died by a dragon, and he got dragon eaten too.

Now, every week on the days of the time the dragon ate Derrrick's family, the dragon comes back to eat another family. This ISN'T FAKE! If you don't repost this into the comments section of any Woot sale in the next ten minutes it'll be your family that gets the eaten by a dragon!

Sad that you didn't post this sooner. My whole family was eatened by this dragon last week. I was out of town so I was not ate.

pcprof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcprof

Typical "green" product. More expensive, lower quality. Do not waste your money

guldukat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guldukat

I bought these a year or so ago (8 AA and 4 AAA) and use them solely with my Xbox controllers and gaming headphones. I use them until drained and recharge once I have 4 dead batteries. I get many hours of playing time out of each charge and the AAs last a bit longer than the AAAs.

Anyway, I recommend this product and will be buying it more this time around.

Radioav8tor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Radioav8tor

Can anyone find the Mah of the batteries?

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
akozicki wrote:It's really quite funny if you can read it in a Russian accent (German accent is almost as amusing).

I read it in the voice of Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress 2. It did improve the humor levels, but only slightly.

LJMillard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LJMillard
akozicki wrote:It's really quite funny if you can read it in a Russian accent (German accent is almost as amusing).

Thank you so much for that. I was very annoyed by that post, but now that I have read it in my head in the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger, it's pretty dang funny. Yeah, I know - Austrian - but's it's the best I could do.

cathammer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cathammer
viciousspike wrote:WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

"Oh no!" Said Derrrick's mother, because she had always secrecy loved him a lot because he was her only son and she was a great mom. For mourning, she decided to spent the night in his room, and she also got eaten by a dragon also! The next night his father slept in his room because he was sad too now because his wife had been died by a dragon, and he got dragon eaten too.

Now, every week on the days of the time the dragon ate Derrick's family, the dragon comes back to eat another family. This ISN'T FAKE! If you don't repost this into the comments section of any Woot sale in the next ten minutes it'll be your family that gets the eaten by a dragon!

NOT ME! I only use the dragon-eats-you bedroom for guests.

bbasbagi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbasbagi

I've bought several of these sets and have been quite pleased. This is for the 4 position charger which in my experience is a lot more reliable than the 8 position version (the one with the fancy lcd screen). These batteries work great if you use them for slow discharge devices like wireless mouse/keyboard, remote controls, shaving razors, etc. If you are looking for high output for cameras, remote control toys, flashlights, etc. then you should stick with NiMH.

These have been such a great deal that I have been able to convert everything in my house to rechargeable and I haven't bought a single alkaline battery in over a year.

KingAdrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingAdrock

Rechargeable alkalines are trash. They really are. For rechargeables even ni-cads are worlds better. You'd honestly be better off buying a costo sized super pack of regular alkalines.

forluvsxy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forluvsxy

Is it compatible with Eneloops? And are these batteries the same kind? I love my Eneloops and wish i had more.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
forluvsxy wrote:I love my Eneloops and wish i had more.

I've bought AAs on eBay for $2 each.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
k2wananb wrote:I have rechargeable AAs coming out my ears.

Ouch That must really hurt.

mrc131

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrc131

I have some of these. They don't last very long and take FOREVER to charge. Like 12 hours charging, its pretty ridiculous. I'd gauge they last half as long as a normal AA battery... I'm not impressed with them.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I have bought so many batteries from Woot in the last couple of months I think I could become one of their suppliers. I still haven't figured out the business model quite yet where I could make a profit selling thousands of batteries back to them so all of you could buy them but gol darn it when I do, I know I will have it made it, not to mention all the batteries I will still have.

mm20

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20

Not only are these the worst batteries I've ever purchased in my life, they're also the worst Woot! item I've ever purchased, as well. Anybody who even considers this purchase is just wasting their time. These are crap.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

neiltnt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neiltnt

I've been reading up about these and the general consensus is:
- The charger is good value and effective but very slow.
- The batteries have good charged shelf life.
- The batteries are OK if used with low drain products, remotes, etc..
- The batteries fail very quickly if used with high drain devices.

Don't buy these to use in a flash gun or camera but they might be good in an emergency flashlight, or radio.

spaceturnip

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spaceturnip

I bought some of these last year & have had no complaint. Then again, I haven't used them very hard.
One advantage: They're 1.5v which usually doesn't matter but I do have some devices that really want 1.5 or some multiple (e.g. portable LED strings of christmas lights) and the 1.2-1.3 of NiMH and NICads just don't cut it. But I wouldn't use these for any high-drain situation.
Another nice thing about the charger: It will charge NiMHs & NiCads that other chargers won't, and they seem to work just fine. As noted, though, it takes a long time to charge.

oeldeals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oeldeals

.... I had the leak issues, low capacity and limited charge cycles that many others are reporting.....other posters have had good experiences... I guess if you're pretty woot sends you the good ones ... I'm soo sad

LOOK AT ME!

nemesisar15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemesisar15
oeldeals wrote:.... I had the leak issues, low capacity and limited charge cycles that many others are reporting.....other posters have had good experiences... I guess if you're pretty woot sends you the good ones ... I'm soo sad

Same issues here, after 6 months of use. The Energizer NiCad have lasted years and twice the run time on the exact same devices. Oh, and good luck getting your leaky batteries replaced as thier support is only a bad email address.

laizurkainon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laizurkainon

I've had these for a little over a year (though mine did not come with nearly so many batteries).

I mostly use them with my game controllers that don't recharge on their own.

They last just as long on a single charge as do regular batteries, really can't say enough good things about them.

KingAdrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingAdrock
forluvsxy wrote:Is it compatible with Eneloops? And are these batteries the same kind? I love my Eneloops and wish i had more.

The charger theoretically *should* work with Eneloops, but it's not a smart charger. iGo batteries are rechargeable alkalines, the lowest of the low for rechargeables. Eneloops are quality nickel metal hydride (Nimh) batteries. The only conceivably higher you can go than that is lithium.

sdwilkins

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sdwilkins
wootmeharder wrote:I have these, they are ok, but eneloops are far better, and worth the money. I will only buy eneloops now.

I totally agree with you on the eneloops. I have used those for years and the original ones are still working great. I use them in my digital camera's and they last longer than any batteries I have ever tried. Worth every penny.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootmeharder
mm20 wrote:Not only are these the worst batteries I've ever purchased in my life, they're also the worst Woot! item I've ever purchased, as well. Anybody who even considers this purchase is just wasting their time. These are crap.

You must have been lucky enough to avoid the Remington "king of shaves" razors they have offered about a dozen times. Those are universally accepted as the worst woot product of all time. But these batteries do suck.

Number019

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Number019
mm20 wrote:Not only are these the worst batteries I've ever purchased in my life, they're also the worst Woot! item I've ever purchased, as well. Anybody who even considers this purchase is just wasting their time. These are crap.

Thanks for saving me $21.00!

ElGuappo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ElGuappo

I am keeping it safe and posting just so I don't get dragon ate.

I have never figured out all the battery disposal issues people bring up about worn out alkalines. I just wipe some peanut butter on them and throw them in the neighbor's yard. They have pit bulls with cropped ears and pretty much just chew them up and poop them out, I call that recycling.

newsshooterjim

quality posts: 1 Private Messages newsshooterjim

Just got mine, it did not have 12 AA batteries in the box, only FOUR. Going back as soon as I can find the packing tape.

foltsie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foltsie
newsshooterjim wrote:Just got mine, it did not have 12 AA batteries in the box, only FOUR. Going back as soon as I can find the packing tape.

Same thing happened to me. Just contact Support and let them know. They got back to me in a few hours with a new tracking number for the additional AA batteries.

neowulff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neowulff

I too did not receive all of the AA so I would assume that everyone that ordered this item got shorted 8 AAs per QTY Ordered. My remotes/mice will be missing those, sadly.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Hello, Wooters. I've been informed that these items will be shipped in multiple shipments. So fret not! Your stuff is coming, just in separate packages.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

blortie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blortie

Hey guys! Woot CS here, poking my head out.

So, we started getting a few emails trickling in from you guys, who seem to be short a few AA batteries, depending on how many you ordered. You're not alone!

It looks like one of the packs (again, per units ordered) of the AA batteries is being shipped separately from the rest of the set (don't ask, haha). The rest of the batteries should arrive a few days at most after the initial set, but if you're still worried about it, email us at support@woot.com, and we'll provide the tracking information for the second shipment if it's available -- sometimes it takes a bit for something to show up with SmartPost packages.

EDIT: BEAT ME TO IT, PEMBER!