WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Would you rather...
  • 9.3% - Rent a home/apartment 186
  • 81.2% - Own a home/condo 1627
  • 9.5% - Live on the road, baby 190
2003 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

I lucked out and found an inexpensive place years ago, an apartment now a days would actually cost more per month.

circusninja

quality posts: 8 Private Messages circusninja

What a bunch of liars! Who hasn't ever romanticized a life of travel. Where things happen one day at a time and you never know what is around the corner.

donmarvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donmarvin
circusninja wrote:What a bunch of liars! Who hasn't ever romanticized a life of travel. Where things happen one day at a time and you never know what is around the corner.

And you never know where your next meal is coming from? or if.

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett
circusninja wrote:What a bunch of liars! Who hasn't ever romanticized a life of travel. Where things happen one day at a time and you never know what is around the corner.

Never had any interest in the nomad lifestyle, I'm a huge homebody, just like spending time working on the house or barn.

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Been there, Done that for a year.
I'll tell ya, NO place like Home..

groberts1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980

I realized a few years ago that landlords are just out to completely screw tenants. I got screwed one too many times renting various places.

After renting apartments/houses for around 15 years, I finally bought my own home a little over a year ago. It's very liberating. Bought at the rock bottom of the market, too.

groberts1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980

Maybe when I retire. I wouldn't mind selling my house and all possessions, buying a diesel powered 37-40 foot Class A motorhome and traveling. But it doesn't really make sense when you have a job. Or at least a job where you can't telecommute.

vinceinhouston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vinceinhouston

I saw the option Own a Home/Condo and read it the first time as "Own a home in Colorado" and I said to myself, I want to own a home in Colorado!

Yeah. I do. ;)

kacivic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kacivic

After multiple several-thousand mile motorcycle camping trips, life on the road. I love my house and it's the most practical with a family, but I'm seriously thinking that when my kids are grown, I may have to build an air-conditioned side car so my wife will be more willing to travel with me on the bike.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

I've been giving strong thought to buying an RV the last couple months. There's something appealing about being able to just up and leave spur of the moment and having an adventure.

I've been tying myself into apartment leases for about 5 years now and saving up money for a house; living in an RV (even if I'm making payments) would actually be cheaper!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I own my on home....but if I had the money coming in, I'd love to have a basic Airstream & travel all over North America!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

as a single woman, I wouldn't want to own a house...that's just not me. maybe a condo? I'm good with renting for now. something needs repairing, too easy to call maintenance to come fix it.

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

Retired Navy here so, been there done that for years, now I own a home and a vacation home because I like to know exactly where I will be sleeping and waking up. The travel was not all that Romantic or thrilling, but I will say that it had it's moments.

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

I've rented and I've owned, I think owning is better. But stay away from HOAs!