Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I get this message when I try to check out:

"Oh no! PayPal's been temporarily disabled, but we know you want your stuff. Please select a different payment method."

I've logged into PayPal and everything seems fine. Is everyone getting this message?

lintile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lintile

I'm getting it too. Would love an ETA from staff.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass

Yeah, doing that for me, and seems to be the same for others I've seen posting on various deals. A staff response would be appreciated to determine if I can wait for my purchases or need to sort out another method of payment...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

yup. paypal is temporarily disabled, and i'm afraid i have no eta.

trust me, i know this is not awesome. i wish i could provide a timeline or any additional information, but i cannot. sorry for the inconvenience.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

MexicanDLyte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MexicanDLyte

I guess woot doesn't want my money!

I got flies on my back cause I'm the shhh!

PemberDucky

Staff

MexicanDLyte wrote:I guess woot doesn't want my money!

i don't *think* that's the take-home message, although you'll do what you must to satisfy your deepest consumer needs.

again, we're doing what we can to get PayPal back up & running smoothly.

johpstas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johpstas
Slarti59 wrote:I get this message when I try to check out:

"Oh no! PayPal's been temporarily disabled, but we know you want your stuff. Please select a different payment method."

I've logged into PayPal and everything seems fine. Is everyone getting this message?

I got it too, also checked paypal and everything was fine.
I'm guessing it's the Ted Healy being sly about ditching paypal on us

wootntdare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootntdare

OK, let me get this straight... First we get the shiny new shopping cart and lose $5 shipping for the day. Now, when I do find something I want, all $150 of it, Woot won't let me pay for it like I always have, with PayPal. Gee, if I was a paranoid sort I could start to think Woot was phasing me out as a customer.

Woot: Oh we really want to keep you as a valued customer. But, ummm, we will now value you by charging you more for shipping. And, ummm, we value you so much, we won't even let you pay for anything, your money's no good here. Find some new money and check back with us. We will be right here thinking up new ways to value you, dear customer.

dfwhokie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfwhokie

Amazon to Wooters:

Resistence is futile.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
wootntdare wrote:OK, let me get this straight... First we get the shiny new shopping cart and lose $5 shipping for the day. Now, when I do find something I want, all $150 of it, Woot won't let me pay for it like I always have, with PayPal. Gee, if I was a paranoid sort I could start to think Woot was phasing me out as a customer.

Woot: Oh we really want to keep you as a valued customer. But, ummm, we will now value you by charging you more for shipping. And, ummm, we value you so much, we won't even let you pay for anything, your money's no good here. Find some new money and check back with us. We will be right here thinking up new ways to value you, dear customer.

It's a technical difficulty, not Amazon out to get you. If they were intending for Paypal to be permanently disabled, they would explain that fact at least. As unwise as it would be for them to remove Paypal as a payment option, it'd be even more crippling to their customer base to disable it and try to pull it over on us. Trickery does not loyal customers make, and they know that.

Thank you, PemberDucky, for the update. Believe me, I understand the frustrations of being in a Customer Service role when something out of your control breaks.

dfwhokie

justkissmybass wrote:Trickery does not loyal customers make, and they know that.

While I agree that a grand conspiracy is unlikely, it's even MORE UNLIKELY that Woot! is making its decisions with customer loyalty in mind.

oonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oonly
PemberDucky wrote:yup. paypal is temporarily disabled, and i'm afraid i have no eta.

trust me, i know this is not awesome. i wish i could provide a timeline or any additional information, but i cannot. sorry for the inconvenience.

Went to buy the Sharp AC unit this morning, but couldn't complete because I got the PayPal Disabled message. Tried to set up the paypal purchase agreement again several times and I kept getting a "server error" from woot. I really want the AC unit so I put my Discover Card info in to make the purchase, and it gets declined. I verify that all the info is correct and again......DECLINED. I call Discover card and they tell me a fraud hold was placed on the card because someone tried to just use the card at a website called Woot. I tell the nice lady that it was me and she fixes my card. Needless to say,I guess I really didn't need the AC unit. Will be glad when PayPal is back up and I can finally figure out the things I want and need without wasting 30 minutes.

weblair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weblair

Day three now and no updates? I have to wonder if there will be no more PayPal on Woot.

KevinatWoot

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot
weblair wrote:Day three now and no updates? I have to wonder if there will be no more PayPal on Woot.

This has got to be the only thread on the internet in favor of PayPal.

dfwhokie

weblair wrote:Day three now and no updates? I have to wonder if there will be no more PayPal on Woot.

When I first saw this thread, my initial thought was that Woot (Amazon) and PayPal are having a dispute, and this situation is part of the "negotiations".

gplrc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gplrc

All payments are being rejected for me-PP and Visa

PemberDucky

Staff

Yes, it's still getting sorted.
The mods & staff will update threads when Paypal is restored to glory.

dallasuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dallasuser
PemberDucky wrote:Yes, it's still getting sorted.

Eager to be able to order again... Is there any more detail you can share about the issue, or is it just "broke"? Technical problem, or negotiation? Anything? Thank you again for giving us what you can

TaxManCA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TaxManCA

PayPal is NO longer an option under my account settings. I guess I am done buying things from Woot. It was nice while it lasted, but alas it's no more.

Matthew A. Buffington

wangstang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangstang

If you take a look at the ThunderThighs still on vacation thread, others are several threads where woot just dropped the ball on product descriptions and order fulfillment.

Several customers, for multiple electronics products, opened paypal disputes in the last month over these issues. Some of them have finally been resolved, but there were still several that weren't worked out yet.

I suspect that PayPal put woot on restricted use until the disputes are resolved and woot meets whatever standard PayPal demands to show they have gotten their act together.

If woot has the staff for woot.com, accessories.wood, home.woot,vtech.woot, kids.woot, sports.woot, sellout.wood, moo I.woot, wine.woot & deals.woot in addition to allof the woot plus sales, they should have the staff to provide top notch service.

Frankly it appears that under Amazon management, woot and the staff have been pushed to expand more than the concept and existing staffing could support. I love extra deals but woot and Amazon need to scale back the product offerings and get things under control or they need to scale up customer support.

Wes

sharpster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharpster

I've not filed any PayPal disputes, but in the past month or so have received 3 orders that were incorrect; first time in many years of making purchases on Woot.

slowsteve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slowsteve
TaxManCA wrote:PayPal is NO longer an option under my account settings. I guess I am done buying things from Woot. It was nice while it lasted, but alas it's no more.

I noticed that too. :^(

No more $5 all day shipping either. Screw that, I am done here too.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

Without paypal, woot is no longer an option. Goodbye until paypal is restored. I will hang out in deals woot and wait but this might be the final straw since I am very reluctant to use a credit card at a site that is obviously going downhill quickly.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

gplrc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gplrc
oonly wrote:Went to buy the Sharp AC unit this morning, but couldn't complete because I got the PayPal Disabled message. Tried to set up the paypal purchase agreement again several times and I kept getting a "server error" from woot. I really want the AC unit so I put my Discover Card info in to make the purchase, and it gets declined. I verify that all the info is correct and again......DECLINED. I call Discover card and they tell me a fraud hold was placed on the card because someone tried to just use the card at a website called Woot. I tell the nice lady that it was me and she fixes my card. Needless to say,I guess I really didn't need the AC unit. Will be glad when PayPal is back up and I can finally figure out the things I want and need without wasting 30 minutes.

I had the same experience with my VISA.VISA said the problem was at the WOOT end.WOOT says the problem is at VISA.Nothing like customer service.Since I have used this card for years,and only have 1 address,this clearly is a WOOT problem.

rmecking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmecking

I'd like to buy today's Woot shirt, but can not check out due to the Paypal error. Will I be able to checkout this shirt when the Paypal issue is resolved and still be charged today's price?

guitarina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guitarina

Yep, was going to make a purchase with paypal today also, got the same message. I won't be purchasing from woot until paypal is restored.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
rmecking wrote:I'd like to buy today's Woot shirt, but can not check out due to the Paypal error. Will I be able to checkout this shirt when the Paypal issue is resolved and still be charged today's price?

I don't think they can/will do that. If you would like to buy the shirt today, you will need to use a different payment method.

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme
rmecking wrote:I'd like to buy today's Woot shirt, but can not check out due to the Paypal error. Will I be able to checkout this shirt when the Paypal issue is resolved and still be charged today's price?

If you PM me your name, address, and shirt size, I'd be willing to buy it for you and have it sent to you if you transfer the cost to me via paypal.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

KevinatWoot

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot
mybestuser1 wrote:I guess it is true that we should mourn for woot. The inability to accept our money shows how far the site has fallen. Woot is making the questionable clearance/discount sites look better and better. This has made woot look like the equivalent of a third world country in terms of business.

Woot no longer competes with Amazon. If you can't beat'em, buy'em

pvtrounstine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvtrounstine
sharpster wrote:I've not filed any PayPal disputes, but in the past month or so have received 3 orders that were incorrect; first time in many years of making purchases on Woot.

Myself as well. First mistake ever, and I was not impressed at all with customer service's response.

shakki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shakki

I was going to order just now (iGo charger) but since I make a living buying and selling on eBay and have hundreds of $ in Paypal (and not nearly so much in the bank) it looks like I'm a lost customer of the day as well. Wanted to get it for the bf's bday coming up but guess I'll find something else from somewhere else! Too bad woot!

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

This does not feel temporary.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

nemomz23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemomz23

4 days later, no resolution.It's the weekend though. So it's nothing important in the realm of the usual online retail experience. There's no need to fix the issue because the internet online sales model is a like a brick and mortar establishment.

justkissmybass wrote:It's a technical difficulty, not Amazon out to get you. If they were intending for Paypal to be permanently disabled, they would explain that fact at least. As unwise as it would be for them to remove Paypal as a payment option, it'd be even more crippling to their customer base to disable it and try to pull it over on us. Trickery does not loyal customers make, and they know that.

Thank you, PemberDucky, for the update. Believe me, I understand the frustrations of being in a Customer Service role when something out of your control breaks.

nemomz23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemomz23

Translation.

It's Friday and I'm going home. I have nothing to do with this, but someone will fix this (maybe on Monday, maybe). I'm just a community manager, please don't bite off my head.

Someone will fix it, I hope...

Good luck you Scapegoat.

PemberDucky wrote:Yes, it's still getting sorted.

ParadisePete

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ParadisePete

This is not very likely to be a technical problem as it's taking far too long to resolve. My guess is one side or the other is putting the squeeze on and they can't come to an agreement.

jcleaves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcleaves
ParadisePete wrote:This is not very likely to be a technical problem as it's taking far too long to resolve. My guess is one side or the other is putting the squeeze on and they can't come to an agreement.

I have to agree with you there. I'm in IT support and I've never had a software bug last a week and not have an explanation posted to my customers.

Oh well, mark me as another lost sale due to this mysterious payment outage. And I really wanted today's shirt!

flowerz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flowerz

It wouldn't let my Paypal go through, either! Now, I guess what I wanted will be gone by the time they fix the darn thing, I absolutely hate everything about Woot since Amazon has taken it over. The woot offs are not fun anymore, hardly ever any good buys like in the old days.I don't like using a credit card to purchase things with, and if the problem is not solved soon, I guess I'll go back to ebay shopping again. The heck with this mess.

ELSmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ELSmurphy

I was going to buy Today's and Friday's shirt, but without paypal, I guess I am done with buying shirts here. I was up to 78 woot shirts.

How annoying.

kerriew24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerriew24

I am out. Woot you were the best, now you are just like the rest. Why would I type my credit card information into your website. We only trust paypal. Goodbye woot. It was nice doing business with you.
At least www.1saleaday.com still uses paypal.

laloca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laloca

ah, well. the loss of my business isn't likely to make much of a difference to woot, as I've only bought a handful of things here, but changing the shipping and now disabling PayPal means woot is no longer worth my time.

it was nice knowing you, thanks for the memories.