reg036

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reg036

This is ridiculous!

Make a darn statement to update your customers, your starting to act like a company who thinks the customers are just PITAs!

Is it really too much for someone to log in and post a couple times a day apologizing for the issue, I'm sorry does that take away from doing other customer service tasks..............oh wait this would be a customer service task.

Guess no shirts for me.

brianjglas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianjglas

I was about to order something and found that Paypal was off the list. I'm not interested in having yet another company handling/storing my credit card data... Bummer, guess I'll go pay more somewhere else...

jrunri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunri

I don't have a credit card with purchase protection, just a credit union debit card. No way I'm purchasing a $300 refurb tablet without purchase protection or 3rd party dispute resolution. ...ESPECIALLY in light of the fact that they are having trouble resolving PayPal disputes.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jrunri wrote:I don't have a credit card with purchase protection, just a credit union debit card. No way I'm purchasing a $300 refurb tablet without purchase protection or 3rd party dispute resolution. ...ESPECIALLY in light of the fact that they are having trouble resolving PayPal disputes.

Who says we're having problems resolving PayPal disputes?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

b9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b9

For those of us who only want to use PayPal, please tell us the truth.
“We are working on it is not an answer”
Please say YES we are going to continue to accept PayPal - or NO we are no longer going to accept PayPal, or you could even say we are in negotiations with PayPal.
Thank You

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

First the new AA shirts leave, now Paypal. What's next to go?

that was fun while it lasted!

KevinatWoot

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot
ThunderThighs wrote:Who says we're having problems resolving PayPal disputes?

Since there is no communication, there is a perception that PayPal shut off woot because of "disputes". Someone higher up really should chime in to clear up confusion, or else the mind will wander.

renglish02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renglish02

That camcorder would have been mine, but as far as impulse buys go, I'm too lazy to get my wallet for my card info, so here's another frowny face on the lack of paypal purchases. If paypal comes back soon, it'd be nice to see a day or so where the deals from the downtime were redone.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick
KevinatWoot wrote:Since there is no communication, there is a perception that PayPal shut off woot because of "disputes". Someone higher up really should chime in to clear up confusion, or else the mind will wander.

AKA: "If you don't explain your business decisions, we'll just make things up."

Really though, there should be an alternate method of payment available. Perhaps looking into WePay could be an option?

Also - for those who do not have secure, fraud protected cards - you may wish to check and see if your bank/CU/etc. will issue single use card numbers for online transactions - not just for woot, but for your online activity in general.

wootntdare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootntdare
thumperchick wrote:AKA: "If you don't explain your business decisions, we'll just make things up."

Hmmm, without resorting to "making things up", your quote makes it apparent it is a "business decision" to discontinue accepting PayPal. There, wasn't that easier than not saying it, and keeping us guessing?

dallasuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dallasuser

It's official, WOOT has pulled Paypal as a payment method from the FAQ www.woot.com/faq. In May, the faq said: "What payment options do I have? You can pay for your orders using VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Paypal accounts that are tied to a credit card." Now it says "You can pay for your orders using VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. " So apparently any commentary about a technical problem was misinformed?

lintile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lintile

Why in the hell wouldn't you guys just make an announcement on this? It would take 15 minutes to draft a post and put all of this aside. The ill will that Woot engenders by pulling a bait and switch on its loyal customers could have been avoided by being up-front and direct.

The biggest competition that Woot faces is its own internal misgivings.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

it is fixed.
paypal's currently available for customers who have already attached paypal as a payment option to their account.

still not doing bitcoins.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dallasuser

PemberDucky wrote:it is fixed.
paypal's currently available for customers who have already attached paypal as a payment option to their account.

Thank you! Will it be going back on the FAQ as an accepted payment method?

jroque250

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jroque250

It worked! Just tried it. Thanks to the bit elves that fixed it or to the managers that gave in to the ugly sales figures ;-)

dallasuser

Woot THANK YOU for giving us back Paypal. I went ahead and placed the orders I'd been holding off on. I'm glad to be back .

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dallasuser wrote:Thank you! Will it be going back on the FAQ as an accepted payment method?

Probably not. Per the other thread:

Gatzby wrote:Just to further expand, if you used PayPal previous, you should see it on your account as a payment option again. However, new users and anyone that switched over to a credit card previously may not see it.

We're going to continue to monitor the issue, collect data, and will re-evaluate as necessary. Please let us know how if you feel ways about stuff!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

waldroal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waldroal

This Paypal thing kind of feels like how Microsoft dodged the used game question for the new Xbox. No direct answers until they blidside you. Now just waiting for Woot to do the same thing.

rmecking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmecking

Hi ThunderThighs... who can I contact to order the Woot shirt of the day from June 8th that I was not previously able to purchase. Can I still get it for $12 due to the broken ordering system?
Thanks!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rmecking wrote:Hi ThunderThighs... who can I contact to order the Woot shirt of the day from June 8th that I was not previously able to purchase. Can I still get it for $12 due to the broken ordering system?
Thanks!

HI! Not ThunderThighs here, but I can sorta kinda help out!

If you wanting to rebuy the June 8th shirt
you're welcome to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com
I'm not sure they will offer any discount, but it wouldn't hurt to ask?

I hope they're able to help you out.

rmecking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmecking

Done, hope there's a pot of shirts at the end of this rainbow.

ROGETRAY wrote:HI! Not ThunderThighs here, but I can sorta kinda help out!

If you wanting to rebuy the June 8th shirt
you're welcome to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com
I'm not sure they will offer any discount, but it wouldn't hurt to ask?

I hope they're able to help you out.

oonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oonly

Paypal is not working for me. Always used Paypal with woot until this week. Tried to make a couple of purchases earlier this week and was forced to use a credit card. The Paypal option disappeared from my payment settings a couple of days ago. I prefer to use paypal with woot. What do I need to do to get Paypal back as a payment option?

ROGETRAY

Staff

oonly wrote:Paypal is not working for me. Always used Paypal with woot until this week. Tried to make a couple of purchases earlier this week and was forced to use a credit card. The Paypal option disappeared from my payment settings a couple of days ago. I prefer to use paypal with woot. What do I need to do to get Paypal back as a payment option?

I'm not sure why your options to use PayPal would have changed.
Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they should be able to help you out.

nemomz23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemomz23

It's now 6/22. Give a solid answer. Is Paypal available as a payment option or not! Per user experience, it's not, so update your inside info!

ROGETRAY wrote:I'm not sure why your options to use PayPal would have changed.
Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they should be able to help you out.

torgospizza

quality posts: 20 Private Messages torgospizza

I'd like to know what's happenend.

Discovered that I could not update my shipping address with PayPal as the option. Ended up deleting my shipping address (was an old business addy) and added the new, correct one.

After doing so, found that the only payment method available is credit card.

PayPal was easier because of the express checkout option (I hate entering card numbers or passwords every single time) so if we can get the option back, that would be awesome.

ROGETRAY

Staff

torgospizza wrote:I'd like to know what's happenend.

Discovered that I could not update my shipping address with PayPal as the option. Ended up deleting my shipping address (was an old business addy) and added the new, correct one.

After doing so, found that the only payment method available is credit card.

PayPal was easier because of the express checkout option (I hate entering card numbers or passwords every single time) so if we can get the option back, that would be awesome.

I'm not sure why you would experience this issue, I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and inquire. They should be able to answer any concerns or questions you have about payment options.

isnus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages isnus

I'm also affected by this. I previously had PayPal setup and have bought more Woot items that I should have but unable to buy anymore. I get the following messaged when checking out:

"Your payment authorization was denied. You can either sit and grieve, continue shopping, or go back to your cart."

This is quite unfortunate and I guess I'm going with the grieving (and complaining on the forums) option.

I think that 3rd party payment methods like this are a necessity. It is easier to trust one company who's ultimate business is electronic payments and payment security than it is to trust a bunch of random sites (especially ones who alienate their user base over and over).

I was totally "in" for the t-shirt today and was going to impulsively buy a camcorder that I didn't need or even particularly want but that was too good of a deal to pass on the Woot-off.

I hope that Woot figures out whatever the problem is. It seems like it would be a good idea to make purchasing items as easy as possible to the consumer.

Not having easy access to the payment method of my choice may not deter me in a purchase that I've been planning and need, but it will certainly slow down a purchase that is an impulse-buy or a novelty item.

vivabanita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vivabanita

Google "Why can't I use my paypal on Woot" brought me to this forum.

You fail Woot.

DaveKrieger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DaveKrieger

Yeah, frak you Woot, and frak Amazon too. I've been a very happy customer up to now and I've bought what I consider a lot of stuff here. Now this corporate-warfare B.S. has pissed me off. Justify this move; tell us PayPal is treating Woot differently from other merchants just because you're part of Amazon, or something. Otherwise this is just a richard move. So much for the PR about Amazon leaving its acquisitions to manage themselves. Now excuse me while I go delete what's in my cart...

Airkat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Airkat

Boo. Deleting my cart.

Track woots and wootoffs on your iPad, Android and Blackberry tablets || Wootle

syntaxterror

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntaxterror

I was going to buy stuff.... my money is in paypal. To bad for the both of us

pfcspengler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pfcspengler

I haven't bought anything off Woot in a while; went and tried and noticed the lack of paypal.

Adding a credit card to woot directly is more of a pain in the ass than simply not buying anything from it. I'm sure this is a swipe at paypal from Amazon, since they have their own competing service -- but amazingly, Woot doesn't accept that either!

Hey woot, peanut butter jelly time you guys. If you're going to make dumb decisions that make my activity as a consumer harder, I'm going to stop giving you money. It's not as though you've got a monopoly on consumer electronics or smarmy t-shirts.

Baywolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Baywolf

What's with this???

I prefer to keep my purchases separate from my payment methods.

Please enable paypal so I can make easy payments on my impulse purchase!!!!!!

kcattaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcattaboy

Would agree with a lot of the customers that PayPal not being an option will force me to shop elsewhere. Looking forward to them restoring the option. I do not want to provide my credit card information.
I have enjoyed Woot over the years and have enjoyed shopping here!

Disappointed

KCAttaboy

jayson182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayson182

I changed my address and Paypal option vanished...
Bye Woot.

addsnakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages addsnakes
jayson182 wrote:I changed my address and Paypal option vanished...
Bye Woot.

same happened to me. I updated my address to send a gift

can't use my paypal anymore. Going to go waste my paypal bucks somewhere else.

leaftye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leaftye

Well, there goes my order.

ClarkVent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ClarkVent

Just wanted to add my "me too". I had PayPal as my default payment option, but when I tried to buy something at today's Woot-Off, it told me my PayPal payment was declined.

Because the item was nearly sold out, I quickly changed my payment option to credit card and was able to finalize the order. But now when I try to put it back to PayPal, I'm not offered such an option.

This probably means the end of today's Woot-Off for me because I really don't want to use my credit card for Woot.

caltechgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caltechgirl

Me three. I had a larger purchase I wished to put on my credit card and I didn't even change anything, just selected my already saved card info instead of PayPal.

wuzup1998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wuzup1998

Can anyone confirm if paypal payments still are not working?