abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman
wuzup1998 wrote:Can anyone confirm if paypal payments still are not working?

I used Paypal on the 2nd of December (3 days ago) and it worked fine. Though I guess that doesn't mean it's working for everyone.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

lichme

quality posts: 2864 Private Messages lichme

Paypal payments are working for people who have paypal already set up. If you change your payment information, paypal will most likely stop working. Customers who do not already have paypal configured as their primary payment method will not be able to add paypal as an option.

For those who wish to use paypal, it may be possible to use their free PayPal Debit MasterCard. I have not tested this though.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Due to technical issues, PayPal is not available for new payment setup. Also, if you change your payment from PayPal, you will not be able to go back to PayPal.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

woaikonglong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woaikonglong

Not a fan of the way this situation was explained to me... or not explained, rather...

I went to buy a shirt and got a message that my payment was "denied" with a message to visit my cart or keep shopping... um hello? Why would I keep shopping if my payment was denied!? I went to see if something happened to it since the last order (where Woot forgot items not once, but twice causing me to miss the one thing that made me order that day in the first place) and then I found Paypal was no longer an option. After searching three pages of web search results I found this thread... Not happy right now Woot, you are better than this...

Changing the world... one asylum at a time...

popdaddyg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popdaddyg

I'm sorry, I have had too many CC breaches, so I only use PayPal now. Can't purchase what I would like at this time.

thelatetrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelatetrain

shame... my paypal account is my 'go crazy and treat yourself' account. guess I'll go crazy elsewhere.

sgtboz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgtboz

Yep, me too. I just had to clear my cart because of no Paypal option. I'm sure you won't miss terribly my 24.99 but just thought I should speak up as well.

fly1fox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fly1fox

Same here... needed to change my address, Paypal disappeared... no more purchase! Cleared cart... moving on...

melissa84freedom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissa84freedom

Why no PayPal? As an international customer this is how I always pay for things from US based online stores. Just came across Woot recently and wanted to buy a few shirts (and more in the future) but unable to do that without PayPal option

Jesterfx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesterfx

WHAT THE ████ woot! I had to learn about this the hard way. I've made over 250 purchases through woot over the years and most were paid through paypal. I made a change tonight to add a credit card. There was no warning that if I switched from paypal you would just remove that option from me from now on! I went right back into my options to try to change it back and gone!

I prefer to buy things online through paypal. You didn't have an issue with my previous 258 orders so why pull this sneaky method of hiding the option without any kind of warning?

I thought Amazon would bring good things to the table but so far it seems like woot is just becoming useless. I guess you won't have to worry about dealing with my annoying paypal purchases (or any other kinds) for a while.

adnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adnj

I don't woot much but I updated my address and POOF! - no paypal. I prefer PayPal for online purchases... May not be wooting again...

Longballboarder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Longballboarder

I just signed up and WAS excited to purchase some woot golf balls. 2 packets for $30 and then I found out, they have no PayPal.

WHAT THE ████ woot. I just bought something on EBay...guess I will go back to ebay now.

Thanks for NOTHING.

meanddubby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meanddubby

I absolutely agree, I just bought some things today, and when I updated my credit card, no more paypal. No more wooting for me, I do not trust woot with my credit card information.

wondercat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wondercat

Just adding another voice of someone with over 150 woots. This is wrong, don't change payment options with no warning. I haven't used woot in a long time, mostly since it was taken over, I decided to try it out again, made one purchase and this is the thanks again. I guess I was correct in realizing woot had completely sold out and is no longer worth my time.

Just remember, somewhere in a boardroom there was a discussion about how to handle this, and somebody decided 'key lime pie 'em, we'll only lose a few customers'.

Grow or die.

dallasuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dallasuser

Yes! Woot deleted my existing Paypal account without any notification and I can't add it back in?? Paypal is also no longer on the accepted payments FAQ page.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

dallasuser wrote:Yes! Woot deleted my existing Paypal account without any notification and I can't add it back in?? Paypal is also no longer on the accepted payments FAQ page.

I'm sorry, we're depreciating PayPal in favor of Amazon Payments. If you deleted your PayPal from your account, or perhaps accidentally saved over it with a credit card when shipping to a new address or some such, we won't be able to let you add your PayPal account back on your Woot account.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
dallasuser wrote:Yes! Woot deleted my existing Paypal account without any notification and I can't add it back in?? Paypal is also no longer on the accepted payments FAQ page.

Be sure to check out a fantastic alternate form of payment: Amazon Payments! It's like paypal, but WAY cooler! It's all the rage! Sign up now and purchase some quality items from woot!
https://payments.amazon.com/home

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

Well, I guess this is it, then. 29 woots and I have no more reason to stay. Farewell, woot!

thedarcsage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedarcsage

I was a little surprised at first and a tad upset that I couldn't use paypal like before, but since I use Amazon anyway, the setup and transition was no big deal really.

Woot History:
Woot-off: green laser pointy,
Shirts: Phoenix Rising; Cth*lhu BBQ, Nocturnowl, Helixtricity, They call me...Tim, Sullen
Razer mice x3

initiativenmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages initiativenmann

Sorry, but I couldn't place an order for a few shirts I wanted because you don't offer payments by Paypal. Amazon payments isn't suitable for international customers. You have to have a credit card, what's uncommon for most germans, we don't have credit cards. We pay national via our bank accounts. In international orders I strongly prefer payment via Paypal. At the moment, you don't offer me any opportunity to pay for my order.

stonetumbler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stonetumbler

Count me as one who is upset about not being able to use Paypal anymore. I wish you would let people know - I changed my payments instead of adding a new card and now it is gone. Amazon payments is not like Paypal. Very disappointing.

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
agingdragqueen wrote:I'm sorry, we're depreciating PayPal in favor of Amazon Payments. If you deleted your PayPal from your account, or perhaps accidentally saved over it with a credit card when shipping to a new address or some such, we won't be able to let you add your PayPal account back on your Woot account.

Wait, what? O.o
~clings to her pp account like her life depends on it~
It sucks, because I can understand that PP is a pain now with the whole tax thing and extra charges and all the bull it's putting businesses through, but at the same time I can't stand needing multiple different payment methods depending on what site I'm on >.< Just my $.02 worth.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Book of Cheats ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Kamakize

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kamakize

PayPal does offer a debit card.. That is what I do for many sites now.. But I do have Amazon Payments account - but that is my reserve for a new MacBook one day.