• 37.7% - Fast & Furious 6 1590
  • 2.3% - Iron Man 3 96
  • 35.2% - The Hangover Part III 1485
  • 3.1% - Star Trek Into Darkness 131
  • 3.1% - Monsters University 130
  • 17.8% - Grown Ups 2 751
  • 0.8% - Another 1: Take It 2 The Comments 35
4218 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Quality Posts

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006

It wasn't really this summer, but the new Die Hard is god awful

Plex49

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Plex49

They should make a movie about a kid who grew up and drunk so much he can't remember anything from the night before. All he knows is that he woke up in some sort of sports car wearing some funky suit.

They could call it Hungover Grown Up Iron Man Goes Fast Furiously

Soapie0

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Soapie0
Plex49 wrote:They should make a movie about a kid who grew up and drunk so much he can't remember anything from the night before. All he knows is that he woke up in some sort of sports car wearing some funky suit.

They could call it Hungover Grown Up Iron Man Goes Fast Furiously

Well if it's from the night before it was definitely in the Darkness! Gotta' add that to the title. What about "Hungover Grown Up Iron Man Goes Fast Furiously Into the Darkness" (subtitle: Where the Monsters Are)

Misty Walker

kugino

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kugino

do we really need a "6" of any movie? seriously.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
kugino wrote:do we really need a "6" of any movie? seriously.

Return of the Jedi was TECHNICALLY 6.

TECHNICALLY.

XD

Boredmaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Boredmaster

Most fans of the Fast & Furious franchise, of which there are many, loved 5. So 6 was welcome. And few complained about 6. NOBODY who enjoyed Hangover 1 liked part 2. And 3 was even worse.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

I was really going to go with Hangover III, but then I saw grown ups and while the first one had funny moments, there is no cause for another. As for the F&F 6, that line is a popcorn eating, just sit and watch, action, cars, explosions, a least 1 hot chick or a few good looking guys (whatever your preference) kind of movie. They aren't the best movies out there, but they aren't horrible either.

Moueska wrote:Return of the Jedi was TECHNICALLY 6.

TECHNICALLY.

XD

I have to disagree. Technically it was 3, Revenge of the Sith was 6, technically.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

Chrisman13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chrisman13
SumDuud wrote:I was really going to go with Hangover III, but then I saw grown ups and while the first one had funny moments, there is no cause for another. As for the F&F 6, that line is a popcorn eating, just sit and watch, action, cars, explosions, a least 1 hot chick or a few good looking guys (whatever your preference) kind of movie. They aren't the best movies out there, but they aren't horrible either.

I have to disagree. Technically it was 3, Revenge of the Sith was 6, technically.

Actually, agree to disagree... I know what Mousaka was saying, and I agree with him. TECHNICALLY, yes, Sith was the last one made, but Jedi was the last in the series; thus, episode VI...

boomn4x4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages boomn4x4

How is this even a question.... about 20 years from now we'll be answering the same poll, but replaced with "Fast and the Furious 26" where Vin Diesel stars with Martin Lawerence where they drive their Chevy Volts to a Duncan Donuts to bicker over which WWF wrestler was better in 1985.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

renatus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renatus

Clearly the people who answered fast and furious are those who are "better" than cheesy action pics for a true harmless escape that has eluded cinema for years. As someone said, there are movies that are interesting one-offs that never merited a sequel like the Hangover; then there are fun action romps that are practically planned as multi-film franchises. Furious (if you bother to watch any of them) is a surprisingly measured, inoffensive action series that really does deserve the praise it gets. Sci-Fi buffs here who fancy themselves 'cinema connoisseurs' here won't get that, though.
I can't believe I'm here defending this nonsense but in line with those other things it really is good fun that's surprisingly consistent in quality (yes, cheesy, but great stunts) from one sequel to the next.

Dyohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dyohn

How about all the above? Come on Hollywood, we can handle original material. Can you?

glamontagne

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glamontagne

The Fast and the Furious wasn't even an original idea. It was essentially the same plot and ending as Point Break.

Random Crap - Level 7 Woot-Off Lights
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Altec Lansing M604 for Zune Remote Control Helicopter Train Set Microsoft Zune 30GB Roadside Emergency Kit Microsoft Zune 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker

skunkswami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skunkswami

D.

secretagentjojo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages secretagentjojo

Ahem. . Monster's University is a pre-quell.

CyborgBill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CyborgBill

You didn't have an "all the above" option. If you had, I suspect you would have more than a couple of votes for that option.

Moueska

secretagentjojo wrote:Ahem. . Monster's University is a pre-quell.

So was the Hobbit, although it's not listed above.

Moueska

SumDuud wrote:I have to disagree. Technically it was 3, Revenge of the Sith was 6, technically.

Well, then I'll agree to disagree, because we both know that A New Hope may have been released first, but it was listed as IV, Empire was listed as V, and Jedi was listed as VI - and the prequels were "supposedly" in the works beforehand.

As far as release dates - sure, "Revenge of the Sith" is the sixth one to be presented on screen- but its chapter is "3". And the OP asked if there needed to be a "6" of any movie.

thus

"Return of the Jedi" = VI = 6 of a pre-plotted series

^_^

/Devil's Advocate

toasterbicycle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toasterbicycle

whaaaat? In addition to being the worst film, Grown Ups 2 is by far the least necessary. Fast and Furious is at least entertaining in a dumb way. Grown Ups was not entertaining even when shutting my brain off.

pmperry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pmperry

Sadly, The fast and furious movies weren't any good until 4 and 5 is still the best of the group.

Also... 5, 6, 7 were written together as a trilogy.

pollol0c0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pollol0c0

Seriously...these sequels and prequels have really getting out of hand. Hollywood has gone down the crapper the past 5-10 years. I wonder why people gobble Hollywood's garbage up like it's good? Where's the writing talent? And why do producers think these movies are a good idea? Fast and the Furious 6??!! I didn't even know there was a 4th one.

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a woefully underrated movie. As is Undiscovered Country, now that I think about it.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I wanted to vote Fast and the Furious....but I find it to be the stereotypical scapegoat of terrible movies. When you see terrible acting, bad special effects, etc in any movie you think about Fast and the Furious. When you see some teenage kids acting like punks, you think about Fast and the Furious. It's just that one movie that is now allowed to be terrible, but you just have to take it as such. It like the town drunk. You cut him a little slack because you almost feel sorry for him.

My vote went to Hangover 3. Part 1 was pretty darn funny. Part 2 was an abomination. I see part 3 as a terrible attempt to squeeze every last penny out of this gravy train.

flobob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flobob

They're coming out with ANOTHER Superman movie......enough said.
Let it go people! Let it go!

robgnts5611

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robgnts5611

Hot Tub Time Machine II

Really!?!?!? Was the first one THAT good...?

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz

Shouldn't Scary Movie 5 be on this list or some of the horror movie squeals (of which I never watch)?

Maybe they are just too numerous to mention.

roussie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages roussie

It's these trilogy! They keep coming for no reason. And they end up being the same movie at least twice if not all three time. It's annoying that if any movie does well these days it becomes a trilogy...

moles1138

quality posts: 27 Private Messages moles1138
thurdl01 wrote:On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a woefully underrated movie. As is Undiscovered Country, now that I think about it.

Yes to both

Move along. Nothing to see here.

billyhouck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyhouck

The Hobbit was written before the Lord of the Rings...and by written, I mean the book.