WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HP Desktops & AOC Monitors

Have you ever tried using a desktop without a monitor? Go ahead, give it a try! We'll wait.

See how hard that was? That's what using a computer is like for blind people, and they have to do it every day. Well, the ones who own computers do, at least. So be grateful that you're able to take advantage of computers and monitors.

choralmusic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages choralmusic

Any love out there for the USB-powered monitor?

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
choralmusic wrote:Any love out there for the USB-powered monitor?

It has pretty good reviews. Amazon has it for $20 more, but it's new and comes with a 3 year waranty (instead of 90 days)
http://www.amazon.com/computers-accessories/dp/B005SEZR0G

GreatJorge

quality posts: 39 Private Messages GreatJorge

this is on the AOC I2757FH 27" 1080p IPS LED Monitor, 2 HDMI, 20M:1, 5ms, 16.7M Colors, Stereo Speakers, HDCP

First of all this is an IPS monitor a new class of monitors famous for deep colors and wide viewing angles. Up until now IPS devices usually cost around $2,000. Obviously this one doesn't have the same features but it does uses the same technology which is now beginning to be massed produced. This monitor is good enough to receive the PCMag Editors choice list for 27 inch monitors. (You can see the printed and video review here

The full specs are:
Specification

* Model: AOC 2757 IPS
* Manufacturer: Alphascan AOC
* Light: LED Backlight
* Panel Type: IPS Display
* Screen Size: 27 inch (69mm) /597.6mm X 336.15mm
* Pixel Size: 0.311(H) X 0.311(V)
* Resolution: 1920 x 1080
* Surface Treatment: 3H hard coating
* Display Colors: 16.7 M Colors
* Brightness: 250cd/m2
* Contrast Ratio: 1,000 : 1
* Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 20,000,000:1
* Response Time: 5 ms
* Viewing Angle: 178°/178°
* Horizontality frequency: 30 ~ 83 kHz
* Verticality frequency: 50 ~ 76 Hz
* In put port: D-Sub/ HDMI * 2/ Audio/ Headset
* Dimensions: 622(W) X 449(H)
* Weight: 5.7kg
* Power Supply: Adapter AC 110~240V, 32 W(On), 0.3 W(Stand by)
* Color: Black

it sells for $299 in Worst/Best Buy and $399 in Amazon

holdenkarau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holdenkarau

Seems like the HP computers might be cheaper on other places (like newegg). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883256746

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
GreatJorge wrote:
this is on the AOC I2757FH 27" 1080p IPS LED Monitor, 2 HDMI, 20M:1, 5ms, 16.7M Colors, Stereo Speakers, HDCP

First of all this is an IPS monitor a new class of monitors famous for deep colors and wide viewing angles. Up until now IPS devices usually cost around $2,000. Obviously this one doesn't have the same features but it does uses the same technology which is now beginning to be massed produced. This monitor is good enough to receive the PCMag Editors choice list for 27 inch monitors. (You can see the printed and video review here

The full specs are:
Specification

* Model: AOC 2757 IPS
* Manufacturer: Alphascan AOC
* Light: LED Backlight
* Panel Type: IPS Display
* Screen Size: 27 inch (69mm) /597.6mm X 336.15mm
* Pixel Size: 0.311(H) X 0.311(V)
* Resolution: 1920 x 1080
* Surface Treatment: 3H hard coating
* Display Colors: 16.7 M Colors
* Brightness: 250cd/m2
* Contrast Ratio: 1,000 : 1
* Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 20,000,000:1
* Response Time: 5 ms
* Viewing Angle: 178°/178°
* Horizontality frequency: 30 ~ 83 kHz
* Verticality frequency: 50 ~ 76 Hz
* In put port: D-Sub/ HDMI * 2/ Audio/ Headset
* Dimensions: 622(W) X 449(H)
* Weight: 5.7kg
* Power Supply: Adapter AC 110~240V, 32 W(On), 0.3 W(Stand by)
* Color: Black

it sells for $299 in Worst/Best Buy and $399 in Amazon

This is a great monitor; I think I would rather pay $70 more for a new one with a three year warranty, instead of a rebuilt with a 3 month warranty.

groberts1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980

Am I the only one who thinks 1080p is too low a resolution for a 27" monitor? I have 25" screens at work that are 1920x1200. I see that as an absolute minimum for a 27" screen. I suppose they can't get Apple Cinema Display resolutions at that price either though. To me with a 27" display at 1080p, you're just not getting the benefit of the screen size.

lorenzodemedici

groberts1980 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks 1080p is too low a resolution for a 27" monitor? I have 25" screens at work that are 1920x1200. I see that as an absolute minimum for a 27" screen. I suppose they can't get Apple Cinema Display resolutions at that price either though. To me with a 27" display at 1080p, you're just not getting the benefit of the screen size.

I've been using a 1080p 27" monitor for years. Looks great to me.

lorenzodemedici

lorenzodemedici wrote:This is a great monitor; I think I would rather pay $70 more for a new one with a three year warranty, instead of a rebuilt with a 3 month warranty.

A different on line retailer whose name is the same as a large carnivorous feline has the newer model of this monitor for $269 plus shipping. The newer model is black instead of silver, the base is designed differently, it has a regular 110v computer cord instead of a separate power supply (power supply is built into the monitor), it's "Windows 8 certified", and it has more connectors in the back. Something related to smartphones which I didn't understand. The basic display itself seems to be pretty much the same.

chrispix99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrispix99

I am trying to figure out why all these new monitors don't have vesa mounts on the back..

I just want to find a cheap 23/24" 1080p IPS monitor w/ VESA mount .. I need 3 of them..

wagnerr52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wagnerr52
choralmusic wrote:Any love out there for the USB-powered monitor?

Good luck finding a monitor that will operate on the measly 2.5W that USB2.0 will pump out. Even USB3.0 is only uprated to 4.5W. Even laptop monitors draw more than that.

mikeeyram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikeeyram

If only the 19" had DVI or HDMI, then I'd get it.
Having to get a HDMI to VGA converter, makes it not a good deal.

Message to Woot, find one please LED 16"-19" with DVI and/or HDMI?

LaKASkill

quality posts: 17 Private Messages LaKASkill
holdenkarau wrote:Seems like the HP computers might be cheaper on other places (like newegg). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883256746

It appears that you are correct.

ivansheldon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivansheldon

does anyone know if this can be used with a standard wall mount? Thanks

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ivansheldon wrote:does anyone know if this can be used with a standard wall mount? Thanks

What item are you asking about, please?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
groberts1980 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks 1080p is too low a resolution for a 27" monitor? I have 25" screens at work that are 1920x1200. I see that as an absolute minimum for a 27" screen. I suppose they can't get Apple Cinema Display resolutions at that price either though. To me with a 27" display at 1080p, you're just not getting the benefit of the screen size.

I agree- that big of a screen should be 1920x1200 (maybe even more).

ivansheldon

ThunderThighs wrote:What item are you asking about, please?

I am asking about the 27 inch AOC IPS monitor. Thanks

ThunderThighs

Staff

ivansheldon wrote:I am asking about the 27 inch AOC IPS monitor. Thanks

Per the specs:
Wall Mountable: No

Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brycebyerley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brycebyerley

One important thing to remember with the H-8 1414 if you are going to upgrade the components is the secure boot...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio-Video-Monitors/HP-Envy-Desktop-h8-1414-PC-problem-with-replacing-graphics/td-p/2263553

BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan
wagnerr52 wrote:Good luck finding a monitor that will operate on the measly 2.5W that USB2.0 will pump out. Even USB3.0 is only uprated to 4.5W. Even laptop monitors draw more than that.

Say wha? I have that 16" USB powered monitor that is (now sold out) in this current deal. I got it in the last woot off. It works perfectly off of a standard USB port on a cheapie best buy bought laptop.

ivansheldon

ThunderThighs wrote:Per the specs:
Wall Mountable: No

Sorry.

thanks

ducss750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ducss750
BonoMan wrote:Say wha? I have that 16" USB powered monitor that is (now sold out) in this current deal. I got it in the last woot off. It works perfectly off of a standard USB port on a cheapie best buy bought laptop.

I too have this USB monitor. Not only does it work great off a standard laptop, it weighs almost nothing. My netbook will even drive it.
I just bought a second one (at full retail $20 more) to use in the car trailer when racing. It makes viewing data-logging graphs a ton easier than 3 of us hunched over the laptop screen.
The ONLY downside is lack of a vesa-compatible mount but a little ingenuity and some aluminum angle stock worked wonders for a wall-mount.

toonvox

quality posts: 7 Private Messages toonvox

If you're up late, you can get the AOC USB monitor in a Shell Shocker for $69.99 w/Free Shipping at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160064

lorenzodemedici

gak0090 wrote:I agree- that big of a screen should be 1920x1200 (maybe even more).

Look at the dimensions of the screen. The number of pixels has to correspond to the physical size of the panel. Most of the displays now are being made with a physical size which corresponds to a 16:9 ratio, or 1.778. The display I'm using right now is set to 1920X1080, which is 1.778. The physical size of the screen is 23.5 inches wide by 13.5 inches tall, which is 1.74. Close enough. To make the display 1920X1200, it would have to be 1.5 inches taller. Which it isn't.

ariosa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ariosa

the AOC 23” 1080p LED Monitor I bought arrived and is not receiving any power, my pc detects it as a display but it will not turn on, can anyone direct me to woot customer service?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ariosa wrote:the AOC 23” 1080p LED Monitor I bought arrived and is not receiving any power, my pc detects it as a display but it will not turn on, can anyone direct me to woot customer service?

Sorry for the problem. You can email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR

pc1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pc1979

When will there be another event like this? I'm a little slow.

R&D

quality posts: 2 Private Messages R&D

Refurb crapfest... I bought the HP Pavilion P6-2427C Desktop, AMD A8-5500 Trinity Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, USB 3.0, Radeon HD 7560D, 802.11n, Win 8

I've spent two weeks trying between HP Tech Support and Woot. The computer was bad out of the box and I've wasted two weeks and at least 20 hours trying to make it work. Unfortunatley, when some/several HD sectors are defective, the computer doesn't work well. Woot... you said to work the warranty through HP. HP told me to contact you for replacement/refund. I've sent another message to customer service... help please.

k3vin11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k3vin11

Staff

We have received your message, please check your email.

R&D wrote:Refurb crapfest... I bought the HP Pavilion P6-2427C Desktop, AMD A8-5500 Trinity Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, USB 3.0, Radeon HD 7560D, 802.11n, Win 8

I've spent two weeks trying between HP Tech Support and Woot. The computer was bad out of the box and I've wasted two weeks and at least 20 hours trying to make it work. Unfortunatley, when some/several HD sectors are defective, the computer doesn't work well. Woot... you said to work the warranty through HP. HP told me to contact you for replacement/refund. I've sent another message to customer service... help please.

R&D

k3vin11 wrote:We have received your message, please check your email.

I got the email and responded within an hour... now, nothing from you guys for 2 days. The last word from Woot Customer Service was that you had to coordinate replacement options with the vendor. Is HP that difficult to deal with? What happened to Woot customer service??

R&D

Thanks Woot! I got an email from Daniel about status. He's contacted HP and requested a replacement computer "ASAP". Thank-you for the follow-up and for keeping me informed of progress.

This has been a bit of a run-around... although taking a turn for the better, I hope this is not typical.

R&D

Okay... nothing since the promise to ask HP to replace the computer "ASAP."