12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2653 Private Messages lichme

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725

We... just switched items for the day after a sellout?

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

kevmiester

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kevmiester

Wait... What?

lichme

quality posts: 2653 Private Messages lichme

Gratis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gratis
brendan948725 wrote:We... just switched items for the day after a sellout?

Yeah seriously what is going on? The just decided to sell something else after a sellout? like a mini woot off?

jensauerkraut

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jensauerkraut

I picked up this camera at the last woot. Like last week. I like it. It is my upgrade from many point and shoots, but before pulling the trigger on a DSLR. I haven't had a chance to really figure out all the goodies, but I have not gotten it to be "smart" and use WiFi to upload the pics to my phone. I don't find that the magic filter things work all that well, a friends iPhone seems to take better hipster pictures, but I didn't get the camera for that.

It is very lightweight, btw, I think i have heavier PnS cameras.

btrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btrey

How much is Samsung paying you for this misinformation campaign? MS Paint is clearly capable of much higher quality work than you demonstrated, as seen here:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/091/3/6/Kate_concert___MS_Paint_art_by_NeoSlashott.jpg

This is clearly a comparison of operator capability, NOT of the inherent quality of these two products. Woot should be ashamed of this highly misleading and in fact downright defamatory posting. I hope that Microsoft's lawyers will soon be in touch.

unlimitedplus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unlimitedplus

I bought this model from woot a few months ago. WoW is all i can say. the images are great and the support for interchangeable lenses is also a plus as i have moved to a 20mm lense with great aperture for only about $200 more and now its pocketable.

But with the stock lens kit its great and once you update the camera you get increased speed in the menus and burst shooting.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Gratis wrote:Yeah seriously what is going on? The just decided to sell something else after a sellout? like a mini woot off?

we've been doing this recently as a way of enhancing your Woot experience and snatching more of your dollars.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
btrey wrote:How much is Samsung paying you for this misinformation campaign? MS Paint is clearly capable of much higher quality work than you demonstrated, as seen here:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/091/3/6/Kate_concert___MS_Paint_art_by_NeoSlashott.jpg

This is clearly a comparison of operator capability, NOT of the inherent quality of these two products. Woot should be ashamed of this highly misleading and in fact downright defamatory posting. I hope that Microsoft's lawyers will soon be in touch.

yeah calling a competing companies product "garbage" is pretty unprofessional and immature.

I always did like yardsales.

Gratis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gratis
PemberDucky wrote:we've been doing this recently as a way of enhancing your Woot experience and snatching more of your dollars.

Thanks for the info.. Guess I need to check woot more closely... and stop being so old school.

jremmes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jremmes

I don't think they put in the right images... A Paint MS looks a little more like this:

[quote="Mr. Blobby"]The text Mr. Blobby wrote would go here[/quote]

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming
luke975 wrote:yeah calling a competing companies product "garbage" is pretty unprofessional and immature.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
ScottFromWyoming wrote:

sorry. forgot where I was.

I always did like yardsales.

csuffa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csuffa

20 megapixels and it will upload straight to twitter and facebook, who will immediately remove 19 megapixels worth of resolution. Nice concept, but no place worth sending the pix except a home NAS.

AVspec

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AVspec

Looks like it is only $315 and free shipping over at the mother ship? So only a $10 savings on woot?

Just say'in....

yornotelppa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yornotelppa

I like woot, but why would I pay only $10 less then I can get it from Amazon (with all the benefits) and then have to wait 2 weeks to get it?

yornotelppa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yornotelppa

AVspec, great minds think alike!

jawg22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jawg22

Anyone know if there's a max video length? Thanks.

Vmotes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vmotes
yornotelppa wrote:I like woot, but why would I pay only $10 less then I can get it from Amazon (with all the benefits) and then have to wait 2 weeks to get it?

Best Buy has same camera for same price ($299) without the sd card. Maybe if Woot had it for less I might buy it.

Vassa S. Motes

njmuse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages njmuse

Got one a few weeks back from Woot. Great purchase. Used to use a prosumer quality camera earlier and had to switch due to not being able to handle heavy cameras. Glad I found the right one.
VR

AVspec

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AVspec
Vmotes wrote:Best Buy has same camera for same price ($299) without the sd card. Maybe if Woot had it for less I might buy it.

I agree... I just sent back my very first defective woot (Nikon S9300) and would love to purchase a replacement camera but woot needs to sweeten this deal a bit!

Use the Force Luke!!!

mikezav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikezav

Shouldn't that read "Surrender your photos to Facebook"? Anything you upload instantly becomes their property, according to the facebook terms and conditions

Mike Z

collin1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages collin1000
btrey wrote:How much is Samsung paying you for this misinformation campaign? MS Paint is clearly capable of much higher quality work than you demonstrated, as seen here:

This is sarcasm right? You are comparing MS Paint to a digital camera? As if they actually...do...anything...similar?

Microsoft does not make cameras. Samsung does not make... MS Paint. MS Paint does not take pictures. Camera takes pictures. Let's stick to relevant things. I personally laughed out loud at the writeup.

goatcrapp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp
collin1000 wrote:This is sarcasm right? You are comparing MS Paint to a digital camera? As if they actually...do...anything...similar?

Microsoft does not make cameras. Samsung does not make... MS Paint. MS Paint does not take pictures. Camera takes pictures. Let's stick to relevant things. I personally laughed out loud at the writeup.

you broke your sarcasm meter, didn't you?

thormj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thormj
unlimitedplus wrote:I bought this model from woot a few months ago. WoW is all i can say. the images are great and the support for interchangeable lenses is also a plus as i have moved to a 20mm lense with great aperture for only about $200 more and now its pocketable.

But with the stock lens kit its great and once you update the camera you get increased speed in the menus and burst shooting.

How fast does the burst shooting go?
How many minutes of video can it record in one shot?

rgfitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rgfitz

If I read the description and on-line reviews correctly, there is no image stabilization in the lens or the camera body.

j647

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j647
yornotelppa wrote:I like woot, but why would I pay only $10 less then I can get it from Amazon (with all the benefits) and then have to wait 2 weeks to get it?

Woot! is also throwing in a small SD card and a flash

jpoon4574

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpoon4574

So, the real question here is this: What camera took the pictures of THIS camera eh? I feel as if I have been jilted by not currently knowing this information. (I thought I was in love with Woot, but now I don't know)

granhusker1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages granhusker1

Ohhh, I so wish I would have found Woot before today so I could have gotten this deal!!

DigitalDiver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DigitalDiver

Just got my NX1000. Will be calling Samsung, as it seems to be defective. Might be going back to Woot. Error message 'check lens' isn't even listed in the user manual. 3 hours wasted updating the firmware with no improvement. The body firmware updated OK, but there's a separate category for lens firmware that wouldn't. Camera's going to Samsung for repair - which they estimate will take 3-4 weeks. They won't do a forward exchange. Bad enough that they ship a faulty product, but to back it with lousy support? Ouch.

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

DigitalDiver wrote:Just got my NX1000. Will be calling Samsung, as it seems to be defective. Might be going back to Woot. Error message 'check lens' isn't even listed in the user manual. 3 hours wasted updating the firmware with no improvement. The body firmware updated OK, but there's a separate category for lens firmware that wouldn't. Camera's going to Samsung for repair - which they estimate will take 3-4 weeks. They won't do a forward exchange. Bad enough that they ship a faulty product, but to back it with lousy support? Ouch.

That sucks, I'm sorry you had a poor experience. Please feel free to email Woot Support, if necessary at support@woot.com. Don't forget to include your order number and user name.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.