dersquisher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dersquisher

Seems to be this guy:
http://www.igo.com/portable-batteries/charge-anywhere-/invt/ps003150001
Hard to find, but possibly this is a similar item sold at amazon for $25:
http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Anywhere-Universal-Power-Extender/dp/B002WCCQQA

lichme

quality posts: 3002 Private Messages lichme

I don't know how many times I have been camping etc where something like this could have came in handy. How much battery life would come from 1700mah

houk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages houk
lichme wrote:I don't know how many times I have been camping etc where something like this could have came in handy. How much battery life would come from 1700mah

In comparision, iPhone 5 battery is 1,440 mah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_5)

So you should be able to fully charge a dead iPhone 5 and still has some left.

ridenslide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ridenslide

1700 mAh is nothing and will barely charge an iPhone. Forget the iPad..

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss
ridenslide wrote:1700 mAh is nothing and will barely charge an iPhone. Forget the iPad..

True. My 5400mAh $24 pack from Amazon charges my iP4 twice. People think 1700mAh = will charge something equal to that, but its not so. Its 1AM so I wont explain the math.

CallMeAl82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CallMeAl82
aoviss wrote:True. My 5400mAh $24 pack from Amazon charges my iP4 twice. People think 1700mAh = will charge something equal to that, but its not so. Its 1AM so I wont explain the math.

Link please?

hdtvcamera

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hdtvcamera

I own several USB battery chargers. I started out using them for day long time lapse projects with GoPro cameras but ended up finding them handy for being able to charge my phone on the go.

My favorite now is the Romos 5200mah. It has a built in LED flashlight which is handy at times.

On Amazon it's $18 plus $4 for shipping. All of the reviews are 5 star including mine. I bought 4 more after my initial purchase for business gifts. Everyone has given me great feedback as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJBHIVI/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

pacodeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pacodeth

Not a good price at all for a mere 1700mah. I just got this one (although it was $10 when I got it but can be had for $16 right now) which is 5200mah: Sendy for $16 after $10 off coupon

Or you can get one of Monoprices highly rated ones for a good price: Monoprice Battery Units

[MOD EDIT: Ben's Bargain discount has expired. Coupon is not currently valid]

philey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philey

I have 3 similar iGo chargers (but with 2 standard USB sockets). The useful thing about these is that you can keep them plugged in and use them as a normal charger, then they're always charged if you need to take one with you (you're rushing out and forgot to charge your gadget).

Much more useful than the chargers that need connecting to USB to recharge, which probably get forgotten and are discharged when needed.

hdtvcamera

ridenslide wrote:1700 mAh is nothing and will barely charge an iPhone. Forget the iPad..

I agree. It's peanuts.

Nomad64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nomad64

1,700 mAh is around half of my GS3 battery. If you want real power on the go, look for 10,000 mAh or better.

http://www.amazon.com/Thunderbolt-Incredible-cellphone-connectors-customized/dp/B009USAJCC/

The above Anker 10,000 mAh charger would charge iPhones several times from dead to full.

device node

quality posts: 0 Private Messages device node
Nomad64 wrote:The above Anker 10,000 mAh charger would charge iPhones several times from dead to full.

The Anker rocks. I have 2 of them that I use to keep all our Android phones and tablets charged on the go, so the kids don't get bored and go for each others' throats. The Anker also has 9V/12V switchable output with a variety of connectors that can power either of our DVD players through another movie or so.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
aoviss wrote:True. My 5400mAh $24 pack from Amazon charges my iP4 twice. People think 1700mAh = will charge something equal to that, but its not so. Its 1AM so I wont explain the math.

Uh, is it like trying to drink water while standing on your head?

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
hdtvcamera wrote:I own several USB battery chargers. I started out using them for day long time lapse projects with GoPro cameras but ended up finding them handy for being able to charge my phone on the go.

My favorite now is the Romos 5200mah. It has a built in LED flashlight which is handy at times.

On Amazon it's $18 plus $4 for shipping. All of the reviews are 5 star including mine. I bought 4 more after my initial purchase for business gifts. Everyone has given me great feedback as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJBHIVI/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks like a good one. Much better than the Woot for about the same price. I don't understand how these things work. The input is 5 volts and the output is 5 volts. Seems to me the electricity would just sit there and no go anywhere. But that's probably a really stupid way to think about it.

joann13209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joann13209

What is the mAh capacity?

blissful0ne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blissful0ne

anyone know of one that can plug into the wall? I really like that feature about this one!! Will eliminate the ac>usb wall charger thingy

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
Nomad64 wrote:1,700 mAh is around half of my GS3 battery. If you want real power on the go, look for 10,000 mAh or better.

http://www.amazon.com/Thunderbolt-Incredible-cellphone-connectors-customized/dp/B009USAJCC/

The above Anker 10,000 mAh charger would charge iPhones several times from dead to full.

Both my wife and myself keep a spare Galaxy S3 battery handy all the time. I keep mine in the console of my car, she keeps hers in her purse. Weighs a mere fraction of this and will always work. Holds a full charge for months and are available for under $20.
This would be good for a phone that doesn't have a removable battery (Apple do you hear me?!!?)

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

quackinup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quackinup
hdtvcamera wrote:My favorite now is the Romos 5200mah. It has a built in LED flashlight which is handy at times.

That is the 2600mAh version. The 5200mAh version is $29.99 at http://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Universal-Flashlight-blackberry-smartphones/dp/B008QUSEP4/ref=pd_cp_cps_1

kovie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kovie

Seems too low-powered. I bought this 5200mAh unit recently and it works great, with enough power for several charges, and it comes with multiple tips. Mine even came with a tiny wall charger. It often goes on sale for ~$20.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0WP0908580

Kovie

wendypiha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wendypiha
Ringo4422 wrote:Both my wife and myself keep a spare Galaxy S3 battery handy all the time. I keep mine in the console of my car, she keeps hers in her purse. Weighs a mere fraction of this and will always work. Holds a full charge for months and are available for under $20.
This would be good for a phone that doesn't have a removable battery (Apple do you hear me?!!?)

where do you get a Galaxy S3 battery for $20 ? I need to replace mine as my phone suddenly BLEEDS out it's charge like I cut it's throat (sorry about the visual but it's really annoying me!) I'll get TWO at that price and keep one spare like you say to!

mm20

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mm20

Apple haterz for teh lulz.

Ringo4422 wrote:Both my wife and myself keep a spare Galaxy S3 battery handy all the time. I keep mine in the console of my car, she keeps hers in her purse. Weighs a mere fraction of this and will always work. Holds a full charge for months and are available for under $20.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

maheshw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maheshw

Is there a universal car charger and other for both ip 4 and 5?

Ringo4422

wendypiha wrote:where do you get a Galaxy S3 battery for $20 ? I need to replace mine as my phone suddenly BLEEDS out it's charge like I cut it's throat (sorry about the visual but it's really annoying me!) I'll get TWO at that price and keep one spare like you say to!

Got mine under $20 here...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-S3-BATTERY-i9300-T999-i535-L710-i747-S3-BATTERY-/251276473248?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item3a813eb3a0

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Ringo4422

wendypiha wrote:where do you get a Galaxy S3 battery for $20 ? I need to replace mine as my phone suddenly BLEEDS out it's charge like I cut it's throat (sorry about the visual but it's really annoying me!) I'll get TWO at that price and keep one spare like you say to!

This is even a better deal on Amazon for the S3...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CBYSEBK/ref=asc_df_B00CBYSEBK2552111?smid=A3FBBJRRMMULGW&tag=dealswoot-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B00CBYSEBK

natuesk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natuesk

1700 mAh

joann13209 wrote:What is the mAh capacity?

evilbastard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilbastard

No comments mentioning that this is the 30 pin connector? Would have to get an adapter to use with the IPhone 5?

rski1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rski1
CallMeAl82 wrote:Link please?

No link, but an explanation:

No transfer is without loss. It takes more than 1000 mAH to charge a 1000 maH battery.

Also, the battery doing the charging is going to be drained during the process, so the electrtronics in the middle would need to boost the source voltage as it wanes - or not, in which case you can't fully charge the destination battery because the source voltage will drop too low. A boost converter isn't 100% effcient either.

More - the source battery will self-drain, starting when it is unplugged from the wall. All of this adds up to the likelihood that you will get about a half of an iPhone charge out of this battery.

I don't see this as a complete showstopper - this battery has the advantage of a built-in AC charger, making it smaller and easier to deal with than a larger battery with an external charger. If you're looking for something to top up your phone, or at least give it a partial charge until you reach an outlet, and want a smaller unit that also contains an AC charger, this might still be for you.

hdtvcamera

quackinup wrote:That is the 2600mAh version. The 5200mAh version is $29.99 at http://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Universal-Flashlight-blackberry-smartphones/dp/B008QUSEP4/ref=pd_cp_cps_1

Sorry, good catch. I was wondering why the price went down.

spkrook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spkrook

universal adapters are so much more.......universal. whats with paypal? woot won't take my money.

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob

I agree that 1700 is too small to bother with. Unless of course you're stuck with non-changeable packs. No wonder this one is aimed at Apple users, but even then this is small.

My Galaxy Nexus has the 2100mAh extended battery, only a couple of millimeters thicker than the plain stock 1850. Plus, I have two spare 2100s to carry around. Sure, the phone has to shut down and restart, but that's just a couple of minutes.

The reason 1700 in a battery pack has no chance of delivering 1700 to your phone's battery is because there are losses everywhere. Many folks use water & plumbing analogies, but with electricity it's essentially impossible to /not/ have leaks. Electricity "really wants to" escape from all our systems in the form of heat. Generally you just have to figure somewhere between 10% and 50% will escape, in the process of moving from the external battery to the internal one. I'd personally start my estimates with 25% and refine from there - if I bother to even make measurements.

I have an Anker portable (slimtalk, 3200mAh), and really like it for what it can do, though the flashlight feature sometimes activates itself in my bag. But since I got the Galaxy Nexus, swapping the 2100mAh packs is even easier.

I *could be* interested in something like this with a built-in wall plug, but only if it had at least 5000mAh. A certain winner for me would have the wall plug, a built-in micro-USB supply cable like my slimtalk, >5000mAh, and /no/ flashlight.

what, Me, sig?

ohioman911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohioman911

Junk. Cannot even charge a Blackberry. Waste of money. Very disappointed. Headed for garbage...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ohioman911 wrote:Junk. Cannot even charge a Blackberry. Waste of money. Very disappointed. Headed for garbage...

WHOA! Don't throw it away yet. Get in touch with iGo. It has a one year warranty and there may be something they can help you with as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders