WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: One week in: what do you think about Woot Accessories & Watches, our newest site at accessories.woot.com?
  • 3.7% - Love it! 65
  • 37.6% - Looks promising 657
  • 48.3% - Not really my thing 845
  • 10.4% - This is the first I'm hearing of it 181
1748 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Bad.Idea.woot

VeejayXL

quality posts: 1 Private Messages VeejayXL

Everything has been cheap junk so far.

Plex49

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Plex49

Selling over priced items to price conscience people won't work out as planned. Especially considering I've seen nothing but sunglasses and cologne.

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

I have a side gig where I wear a tuxedo shirt, cummerbund, bow tie, and fancy pants. Cufflinks, tuxedo buttons, etc are not required, but I'd found a set of cufflinks I liked and wore them, until I'd forgotten them at a party.

I just got promoted, so I was hoping I'd be able to find a replacement set at accessories.woot. A new tuxedo shirt cost me $44, and I hated to pay that. Cufflinks costing $270-$2300? Yeah, not so much. Since I'm on Woot, I'd rather spend that amount of money on a MacBook.

Also, given the furor over the shipping change (14 pages and going strong!), which only concerns $5, I was surprised by the price range of that site.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

Snufkin0007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Snufkin0007
curtisuxor wrote:Bad.Idea.woot

Agreed. In fact almost everything Woot has done since they sold out to Amazon has been crappy in non-blinged out cabbage way. They might as well drop the whole deal a day sham while they are at it. What Woot has basically done is turned every day into a small scale Woot Off and think no one notices because there's no flashing lights and instead it's all just separate Web pages. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!. There used to be more to Woot than just selling stuff. And I think the worst thing is those Hey, Moe! monkeys in the daily digest that are seriously, not even remotely entertaining, let alone humorous. But you know what? Niagara Falls! /Amazoot/Amawoozon wins, because we're all still here buying stuff. Or at least looking at stuff we want to buy. Pointless tirade over.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Haven't seen anything tempting yet. Still waiting before I make any judgment.

When are you going to do a Brandini.woot?

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz

If there were more Woot-offs you could unload all this junk without special sites. I guess since Amazon took over, the Woot! inventory (adding Amazon closeouts) just became too big.

Budmiester58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Budmiester58

Change the name to Moot! Get the point.

mrglenasmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrglenasmith

It aint my thang, but to a certain extent I was actually happy to see it. I was hoping that all the overpriced watches and similar crap that I have no interest in would be segregated into a tab that I would not need to check.

And then there were watches posted on a WootPlus page again.

And now there is a massage pillow posted on the page that I genuinely happy to see start up - Tools and Garden.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

what do you think about Woot Accessories & Watches, our newest site at accessories.

I mean, Who cares! Accessories & Watches, Back to the stone age?
Good Lord...

tonygriffinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonygriffinus

sounds like amazon has lots of crap they want to unload

ryedunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryedunn

*Applause*

Budmiester58 wrote:Change the name to Moot! Get the point.

glamontagne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages glamontagne

I'm not a fan. Personally I believe woot is getting watered down with all these extra websites. It is no longer a deal a day. If you want to be like every other retailer on the web, than just say so.

Random Crap - Level 7 Woot-Off Lights
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Altec Lansing M604 for Zune Remote Control Helicopter Train Set Microsoft Zune 30GB Roadside Emergency Kit Microsoft Zune 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Meh. I buy ten buck watches at Wal-Mart and sunglasses at the dollar store. Even a huge discount on expensive accessories means nothing to me.

I was really hoping woot would go for a pet supplies outlet next.

undfan421

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undfan421
Snufkin0007 wrote:Agreed. In fact almost everything Woot has done since they sold out to Amazon has been crappy in non-blinged out cabbage way. They might as well drop the whole deal a day sham while they are at it. What Woot has basically done is turned every day into a small scale Woot Off and think no one notices because there's no flashing lights and instead it's all just separate Web pages. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!. There used to be more to Woot than just selling stuff. And I think the worst thing is those Hey, Moe! monkeys in the daily digest that are seriously, not even remotely entertaining, let alone humorous. But you know what? Niagara Falls! /Amazoot/Amawoozon wins, because we're all still here buying stuff. Or at least looking at stuff we want to buy. Pointless tirade over.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Wood used to be a cool site to check every day. Amazon has made a transparent attempt to exploit that former identity.

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth

Some of the jewellery is nice, but the random watches are crap. I'd rather see a discounted Timex than some fake Chinese "luxury" watch.

rdehaven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdehaven

please stopping sending unsolicited 'accessories' emails to me..

mjamesk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjamesk

Pretty soon this will just be Amazon with a different interface...and whatever happened to the Besser or Curly and 2-fer Tuesdays? You ruined everything Amazon.

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee

I ignore it.
I would never buy from there even if I wanted a pricey watch.

Woot is more of a "Swatch" or "Timex" half off -- or more ! --kind of place. Not a Rolex-want-to-be kind of place. At least it used to be.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
RWoodward wrote:I was really hoping woot would go for a pet supplies outlet next.

My three family puppies and one reptile second this idea. Sotek wants a waterfall in her cage. And she doubles as a nightlight for my son.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Just rename yourself child.amazon.com

You try to do everything and everything you do will be lower quality than if you stick to doing one or two things and work to perfect them.

None of the people who introduced me to woot are still checking it. There's a reason. You're pricing is high, you don't have special pricing anymore and your website is busier than the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC at rush hour.

If making money is all you care about, I'd guess you're not doing that very well either if you feel the need to add new sections every few months.

Wine.woot has become a joke and is no longer anything more than 1 of a dozen flash sale wine sites.

If you have an epitaph in mind, make it your byline now..

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT