WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Floorcare

Floorcare is what we do to fight entropy. Entropy is what happens when the universe falls apart. The universe is where we live. Where we live is the place where we do most of our standing. And on what surface does most of our standing happen? That's right. The floor. Q.E.D.

wilme2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilme2

NO ROBOTS??? What gives Woot? :-)

vplakhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vplakhi

So the refurbed Dysons only come with a 6 month warranty, whereas the new ones come with 5 years.

Wonder if the 5 year warranty is worth the extra $70 or so it would cost to buy these new (e.g. from amazon).

Anyone have experience with the refurbed Dysons? I see them on here all the time, so there must be!

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak
vplakhi wrote:So the refurbed Dysons only come with a 6 month warranty, whereas the new ones come with 5 years.

Wonder if the 5 year warranty is worth the extra $70 or so it would cost to buy these new (e.g. from amazon).

Anyone have experience with the refurbed Dysons? I see them on here all the time, so there must be!

I got my mother a refurb. Dyson ball here about 2 years ago. Its working fine for her. I was nervous about buying it, but she needed something more maneuverable and easier to push around.

We're hard on vacuums. My dog sheds a TON (and she dog-sits during the day in her house). I think it was a good move... but YMMV. I've gotten burned on refurbs before.

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
vplakhi wrote:So the refurbed Dysons only come with a 6 month warranty, whereas the new ones come with 5 years.

I bought the dyson (forget the #) the blue one, not the ball. About 6 months ago, still going strong as ever.

vplakhi

thanks, guys. that helps... i'm also looking at the blue, canister vac.

just seems like an awfully short warranty, especially compared to the 5yr offered on new ones.

still on the fence, to be honest.

h3llc4t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h3llc4t

We just bought the DC 14 from the last sale. I'm not one to get excited about appliances, but I nearly wept tears of joy when I saw what it did to the hallway carpet after two dogs and a cat frolicked for a week. Not a long study time but I'm very pleased so far.

cantharis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cantharis

gonna wait for a new one for $250, groupon had the DC23 NEW for $199 just last week or week before that but I like the DC39 better.

$250 for a refurb vacumm with 6 months of warranty, nop !!

hdugas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hdugas

With the Shark S3901 Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop, can the mop bonnets be washed and reused, or are they supposed to be tossed?

Beaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beaker

Just finished buying my 2nd refurbished Dyson (DC14). I bought my last on (DC07) here on woot around 2004. It did lose some of its suction over time and I needed to replace the beater bar and the seals recently ($50). After that it was performing at close to new again. I now have an upstairs and a down stairs vacuum. I too am a owner of 3 cats and a dog. Does a great job as long as the beater bar isn't almost 10 years old and worn to nubs. Sidenote, fixing or replacing parts on a dyson is a breeze. Since they are modular the fixes are very easy.

In a van, down by the river!

funkadunk8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkadunk8
hdugas wrote:With the Shark S3901 Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop, can the mop bonnets be washed and reused, or are they supposed to be tossed?

curious about this as well. i really need to get one of these steamer mops, but im not sure which.

Joseph Funk

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hdugas wrote:With the Shark S3901 Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop, can the mop bonnets be washed and reused, or are they supposed to be tossed?

Yes, they can be washed.

Here's the manual. See page 15 for washing instructions.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mjsmith037

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjsmith037

Anyone have any complaints/insights about the difference in suction power between the corded and cordless varieties (specifically comparing the two $180 ones listed (DC35 and DC26))?

vplakhi

I ended up buying the DC-26. For what it's worth, the DC-23 is available for the same price on Amazon, refurbed as well. (Well, for $1 less to be precise, and potentially free Prime shipping if you have it).

From my research, both models are almost identical, except the DC-26 is a smaller, lighter one -- more suitable for small urban apartments. Whereas the DC-23 is like the older brother, a bit more powerful, but bulkier. So if you have the space, or a bigger place, go for the DC-23 off of Amazon. (Or one of the uprights on here, for that matter. I didn't look into uprights myself).

Citations:
http://www.chipchick.com/2010/11/dyson-dc26-review.html
http://vacuumcleanerreviewszone.com/dyson-dc23-vs-dc26-review-what-is-the-difference-254.html

DC-23 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/DC23-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner--Refurbished/dp/B004H1RPQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370962687&sr=8-1&keywords=DC+23

DC-26 also has great reviews on Amazon, available for $248 new, w/ 5 year warranty:
http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC26-Multi-floor-canister/dp/B004AQ591K/ref=sr_1_16?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1370983183&sr=1-16

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0

I've had the Dyson Animal for... years. 5 or more. Never once had a problem.

I'm pretty sure I bought it refurb from woot. Hold on...

Nope, that was Overstock. In 2007. It still applies though because that was a refurb.

Now I bought a handheld from woot in 2008 that never did work right, but those problems showed up right away and Dyson has excellent customer support.

feckineejit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feckineejit

These Floorcare things can really pick up gravy mix from your otherwise spotless floor.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

I bought a Refurbed Dyson on here last year. It said 6 month warranty, but when I registered it on Dyson's website, they gave me the full 5 year warranty. I guess it was never registered initially. So you might get lucky.

I love my Dyson, although after your first runthrough, you may be sickened at the amount of dirt and dust that was on your floor...

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako

Anyone have an idea about how these stack up to the DC24? (...on Moofi right now!)

oliver126

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oliver126

My god I'm in love with this thing. I used to be a swiffer man, not anymore. The swiffer has been given away, and I don't deal with buying refills anymore. As a bonus, I keep finding new uses for this thing. Works great at cleaning soap scum out of my tub. I can detach the handheld unit, and use it to steam shirts instead of ironing.