Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

An item that I've been looking at for some time now. Still too expensive for me right now though

that was fun while it lasted!

mikemiracle

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mikemiracle

Kind of expensive for a fan that I can't even yell into for awesome robot voices.

lichme

quality posts: 2739 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3297 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) straight from dyson.com

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mikemiracle wrote:Kind of expensive for a fan that I can't even yell into for awesome robot voices.

conanthelibrarian

Check out this brief article (and video) over at engadget.com

conanthelibrarian

Three great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at The O

otherhand

quality posts: 4 Private Messages otherhand

Elsewhere online it says this unit is 1500 watts. That info probably should be added to the Woot description 'cause ya know a jillion people are going to ask....

[MOD: Done. Thanks!]

agentxnine

quality posts: 4 Private Messages agentxnine

Mmm fan.

Blerg

quelynwoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages quelynwoot

These are definitely way more effective than the average unit. First of all, are there really dual units like these in the $30 price range? I don't think so.

I played with one of these in a store just a few days ago. The range between gentle to powerful airflow is awesome. It quickly and easily switches back and forth from heat to cooling. Compared to all the other heat or cooling fan units, it is definitely the quietest. I would have bought it on the spot, except for the price. I am extremely tempted right now. EXCEPT I am always wary of buying refurbished anything. AND, this is still so expensive. It's a great unit, just not sure it's worth the price.

ItsBob2112

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ItsBob2112

Is it ok to give a refurbished fan as a gift?

Wooter to blame for sellout: ItsBob2112

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I'm not a big fan of this.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

speedman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedman

Too bad this is not the AM05, or I would be all over this.. Dyson rates the AM05 33% stronger than the old AM04...

Dud

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dud
radi0j0hn wrote:I'm not a big fan of this.

Well done.

If you are considering purchasing this fan recommend you drive down to your local store (Kohl's in my case) and try out one before you buy. These units tend to be on the loud side and are not as efficient at moving air as standard fans ... but they do look cool and produce a non-buffeting airflow (if that is important to you.

$179 for a (refurbished) fan (with heat)? My guess is that this is a fan for someone who would buy a $1500 Mac over a $500 PC or is otherwise looking for a "status" symbol. For the rest of us searching for a deal ... you won't find it here. Move along ...

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts

The huge quantity of refurbished Dyson products sold on here--both fans and vacuums--makes one wonder about their build quality. And this is just one outlet for the refurbs. Troubling.

bluemaple

quality posts: 72 Private Messages bluemaple

This might be the first time I've heard air volume described in traditionally liquid gallon units, rather than in cubic feet.

Up to 5.29 gallons of air are drawn in per second by an energy efficient motor

Another example of the Dyson snake oil technique. He is a master of recasting the common thing. I admire him, seriously. Dyson toaster oven, anyone?

Cusuldor

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Cusuldor

Dyson lies! Of course here are blades in this, you just can't see them hiding in all that plastic. This thing is just an overpriced tower fan with a diffuser. Sorry Woot, not today...

cameronpurdy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cameronpurdy
Tatts wrote:The huge quantity of refurbished Dyson products sold on here--both fans and vacuums--makes one wonder about their build quality. And this is just one outlet for the refurbs. Troubling.

Most "refurbished" items are actually "returned" items; they can not (by law) be sold as new.

I have a total of four Dyson vacuums (including one that is now about 10 years old) and a Dyson fan. I will never again buy any vacuum cleaner that is not made by Dyson; the Dysons would still be worth it even if they cost 10x as much (as it is they are 2x or 3x as much).

(Also FWIW - I have a giant dog that sheds more hair in a day than most vacuum cleaners deal with in a lifetime.)

The Dyson fan I have is pretty neat, although it is admittedly overpriced. No regrets, though.

The only Dyson product I have any disappointment with is the portable rechargeable vacuum that I bought, which works fine but only has a few minutes of battery life at the most. It's still handy, and it still works, but it is the one Dyson product that I purchased that in the end wasn't worth the cost.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
Dud wrote:

My guess is that this is a fan for someone who would buy a $1500 Mac over a $500 PC or is otherwise looking for a "status" symbol. For the rest of us searching for a deal ... you won't find it here. Move along ...

Oh, please...Macs aren't "status symbols" — and your ignorance is showing...

dburn3tt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dburn3tt
Dud wrote:My guess is that this is a fan for someone who would buy a $1500 Mac over a $500 PC or is otherwise looking for a "status" symbol.

So, is it compatible with a Mac?

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Air is free. It shouldn't cost that much to blow around.

gak0090

quality posts: 77 Private Messages gak0090

How does this cool the air?

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape

+1 couldn't have said it better myself.

Dud wrote:
$179 for a (refurbished) fan (with heat)? My guess is that this is a fan for someone who would buy a $1500 Mac over a $500 PC or is otherwise looking for a "status" symbol. For the rest of us searching for a deal ... you won't find it here. Move along ...

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 16 Private Messages daveinwarshington
bluemaple wrote:This might be the first time I've heard air volume described in traditionally liquid gallon units, rather than in cubic feet.

Another example of the Dyson snake oil technique. He is a master of recasting the common thing. I admire him, seriously. Dyson toaster oven, anyone?

I was wondering if anyone else saw that....
Gallons of air???

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 16 Private Messages daveinwarshington
gak0090 wrote:How does this cool the air?

It doesn't.

Providing cooling would involve the transfer of heat, using a compressor or thermoelectric. Both of these methods just provide cooling to an area, and the heat would need vented outside of that area.

The cooling this provides would be the 'wind-chill' feeling on your skin, which feels cooler.

My normal fans work great, I'm not sure what the 'air-buffeting' thing is all about...

To cool a room, just get a 'window-shaker" (window mount AC unit.)

honestjoe68

quality posts: 6 Private Messages honestjoe68

I do Not understand the Dyson drama on this website? Woot is awesome and they offer amazing low priced deals every day, but why does everyone get so defensive and argue about Dyson? I think its funny to see comments about so called "status and wasted money", etc. I couldn't have cared less about Dyson until I bought my first vacuum here at Woot, Now I own 5 Dyson products and Love them all. It is totally a personal choice on who wants to own Dyson, just like it is for those who swear by and own other specific name brand. To each his own! So why criticize and try to tear down the reputation of Dyson with False statements, or any other company for that matter. (Some of you know Not what you speak) Speaking from personal experience, you Cannot beat Dyson for their amazing customer service! (which these days there is barely any service to customer service) So while Dyson may not be for everyone, there are a LOT of those who won't own any other brand vacuum, fan or heater. You can count me as one, and FYI this fan is amazing and can quickly and quietly make your room a sauna if you so choose! Can't we Wooters just love one another, agree to disagree and just get along?? Peace and Love, HonestJoe68

smackfrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smackfrog
bruce57 wrote:Oh, please...Macs aren't "status symbols" — and your ignorance is showing...

Pot, meet kettle.

In response to the deal, Dyson products are only worth it at the prices seen on Woot. I have a refurb vacuum and 10" bladeless fan...both have turned out to be wonderful purchases. Dyson's retail prices are absurd, however.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

How in the world did you guys get to talking about Macs?

Can we get back on track and talk about this fan maybe? Please? Pretty please? With whip cream and a cherry on top?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

honestjoe68

quality posts: 6 Private Messages honestjoe68

Ok, on direct topic now, this heater is a super deal! Not only is it much safer than other fans, it's very efficient and quick to heat even larger rooms. That said, most will buy it as a heater with the fan secondary. I have mine in the bathroom and it's used ALL year round. I love how quickly and evenly it heats my odd shaped bathroom and how you never smell that burning smell. (another great Dyson feature) The fan is great in the summer, especially to dry out the humidity of a bathroom after your shower. Also, the remote control is awesome! No more bending down all the way to the ground to fiddle with dials and switches just to get warm. (Dyson put a magnet in the remote and you just place it on top of the heater when done) In the early morning, I'm not coordinated enough to reach that low! lol So all this said, I paid much more for my Dyson Hot + Cold but would do it again after owning it for about a year. Hope this helps, please ask me with any questions as I'd be glad to help. Peace, HonestJoe68

dp77449

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dp77449

The refurbs are low quality. I'm really disappointed that Dyson doesn't fix them better. I bought one -- it arrived all scratched up (ok, it's used), but the fan head is really loose (I own another Dyson air multiplier I bought new so I know what to expect), and it doesn't blow hard. I complained, got a replacement and it is worse all the way around than the first. Their quality control is bad. Save your money and buy a new one.

detrbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages detrbear

Found online, regarding compressors:

Divide the number of gallons of the tank size by 7.48
(7.48 gallons = 1 cubic foot)

Most fans express their air movement capacity in CFM, cubic feet per minute. It would seem a fan that expressed it in gallons per minute was attempting to appear to have more capacity that it did.

gak0090

daveinwarshington wrote:It doesn't.

Providing cooling would involve the transfer of heat, using a compressor or thermoelectric. Both of these methods just provide cooling to an area, and the heat would need vented outside of that area.

The cooling this provides would be the 'wind-chill' feeling on your skin, which feels cooler.

My normal fans work great, I'm not sure what the 'air-buffeting' thing is all about...

To cool a room, just get a 'window-shaker" (window mount AC unit.)

I know- I was alluding to how they can market this as a hot + cool fan heater, when it can't actually cool the air. Basically this is just a heater/fan combo.

gak0090

detrbear wrote:Found online, regarding compressors:

Divide the number of gallons of the tank size by 7.48
(7.48 gallons = 1 cubic foot)

Most fans express their air movement capacity in CFM, cubic feet per minute. It would seem a fan that expressed it in gallons per minute was attempting to appear to have more capacity that it did.

Nice marketing job they did using gallons vs cubic foot. I would have never guessed that many gallons were in a cubic foot. Kind of deceptive, just like insinuating their fan "cools" the air.

IcedCorn

quality posts: 7 Private Messages IcedCorn

I hate it when the Amazon deal of the day is this same thing presented by Woot but $20 more than it sells for on Woot a few weeks later.

Grr.

As you might have guessed, I bought this on the Woot/Amazon Gold box du jour some weeks back. I like it. It's quite a conversation piece. It does what a fan is supposed to do. Not much else I can say.

Strick28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Strick28

Sure why not if you want to buy into the hype it's your money.

honestjoe68 wrote:I do Not understand the Dyson drama on this website? Woot is awesome and they offer amazing low priced deals every day, but why does everyone get so defensive and argue about Dyson? I think its funny to see comments about so called "status and wasted money", etc. I couldn't have cared less about Dyson until I bought my first vacuum here at Woot, Now I own 5 Dyson products and Love them all. It is totally a personal choice on who wants to own Dyson, just like it is for those who swear by and own other specific name brand. To each his own! So why criticize and try to tear down the reputation of Dyson with False statements, or any other company for that matter. (Some of you know Not what you speak) Speaking from personal experience, you Cannot beat Dyson for their amazing customer service! (which these days there is barely any service to customer service) So while Dyson may not be for everyone, there are a LOT of those who won't own any other brand vacuum, fan or heater. You can count me as one, and FYI this fan is amazing and can quickly and quietly make your room a sauna if you so choose! Can't we Wooters just love one another, agree to disagree and just get along?? Peace and Love, HonestJoe68

gak0090

Strick28 wrote:Sure why not if you want to buy into the hype it's your money.

I'll help make your point

always looking for a reason to bring out a Public Enemy reference.