PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

sorry for the inconvenience.


(note: currently available for customers who have already attached paypal as a payment option to their account.)


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

rpirob


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpirob

Woot! Looks like we're back in business.

PemberDucky wrote:sorry for the inconvenience.


(note: currently available for customers who have already attached paypal as a payment option to their account.)



Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Just to further expand, if you used PayPal previous, you should see it on your account as a payment option again. However, new users and anyone that switched over to a credit card previously may not see it.

We're going to continue to monitor the issue, collect data, and will re-evaluate as necessary. Please let us know how if you feel ways about stuff!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

thumperchick


quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
Gatzby wrote: Please let us know how if you feel ways about stuff!



Since you asked...

PayPal is a shady company that makes poor unilateral decisions and withholds payments from sellers/vendors/charities for months on end without giving them any opportunity to arbitrate. Ditch them as soon as you are able.

Amazon payments works.
WePay works - without the PayPal politics.

/rant.

dallasuser


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dallasuser
thumperchick wrote:

...

PayPal is a shady company [...]Ditch them as soon as you are able.

Amazon payments works.
WePay works - without the PayPal politics.

/rant.



Have been using Paypal since it first came out. Never had a single issue - zero, zip, nada. It just works.

nemomz23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemomz23

Too little too late and terrible CS/Communication on Woot's part. Lost out on a laptop deal thanks to the lack of PayPal.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
nemomz23 wrote:Too little too late and terrible CS/Communication on Woot's part. Lost out on a laptop deal thanks to the lack of PayPal.



Sorry to hear that. I know it's a bummer not to be able to score a deal in the way you want it, but the nature of issue is technical and not something I can really help illuminate.

Suffice to say, at this point, the best option is for us to limit PayPal use, but your feedback is definitely appreciated.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

gplrc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gplrc
PemberDucky wrote:sorry for the inconvenience.


(note: currently available for customers who have already attached paypal as a payment option to their account.)


I had to change from PP to VISA last week when you had problems,now I can't change it back to PP.Please clarify what is happening.Has your site been broken into or infected.When will this be fixed??

spkrook


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spkrook

I deleted my paypal to try and reinstall it, how about you let anyone who wants to use paypal, so we can give you our money with some assurance you'll give us our stuff in a timely manner?


Gatzby wrote:Just to further expand, if you used PayPal previous, you should see it on your account as a payment option again. However, new users and anyone that switched over to a credit card previously may not see it.

We're going to continue to monitor the issue, collect data, and will re-evaluate as necessary. Please let us know how if you feel ways about stuff!



nicholasbrwn1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicholasbrwn1

You had a loyal customer in me, however I had been having trouble using my Paypal account. I deleted the paypal to reinstall only to find out that I am unable to use paypal on your sight any longer.

I am sorry to say, that until you have the ability for me to use my paypal again, I will no longer use your sight.

Damn Shame. I loved this sight too.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

nicholasbrwn1 wrote:You had a loyal customer in me, however I had been having trouble using my Paypal account. I deleted the paypal to reinstall only to find out that I am unable to use paypal on your sight any longer.

I am sorry to say, that until you have the ability for me to use my paypal again, I will no longer use your sight.

Damn Shame. I loved this sight too.



sorry to hear that. as you rightly surmised, PayPal will not work for your account now.

regarding the integration of new PayPal accounts, i'm afraid i don't have a timeline or estimate. other payment methods should work in the meantime, so i hope you reconsider & decide to use one of those as an alternative so we can keep you around.

i'm sorry for the inconvenience.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

nemomz23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemomz23

Because of the t-shirt reprints and friends who have always wanted some of the out of print shirts, I am making one last order to woot, undeservedly. MY LAST ORDER.

Seriously, BRING BACK PAYPAL. You've got the last $90 you'll get from me.

Woot, get your S#|t together!

My muscular buttocks (Sort of)!

PemberDucky wrote:sorry to hear that. as you rightly surmised, PayPal will not work for your account now.

regarding the integration of new PayPal accounts, i'm afraid i don't have a timeline or estimate. other payment methods should work in the meantime, so i hope you reconsider & decide to use one of those as an alternative so we can keep you around.

i'm sorry for the inconvenience.


dementeddigital


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dementeddigital

I was hoping to use paypal to buy something today. I didn't realize that Woot didn't take paypal until I tried to check out. Bummer. I'm going to pass on the deal, since I was just going to use the balance in my paypal account to buy it.

Please consider (re)allowing paypal as a payment option.

Thanks!

adhurt


quality posts: 14 Private Messages adhurt
Gatzby wrote:Just to further expand, if you used PayPal previous, you should see it on your account as a payment option again. However, new users and anyone that switched over to a credit card previously may not see it.

We're going to continue to monitor the issue, collect data, and will re-evaluate as necessary. Please let us know how if you feel ways about stuff!



Thank's for the head's up, but I lost out on a crap-ton (not a bag of though) during the woot off because I wanted to use Paypal.

Please add the option to use my Amazon payment setup or Google wallet and I'll happily move off of Paypal. Until then, thank you for getting it working and I will see if anything comes up for order.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..." Lazarus Long

philosopherott


quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott

Hey MOD's. Any update on what is in the works. Paypal still not working? Maybe google checkout/wallet, Amazon payments, VISA.me integration. I figured the mothership would pour their payment system electricity down your throats asap.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
philosopherott wrote:Hey MOD's. Any update on what is in the works. Paypal still not working? Maybe google checkout/wallet, Amazon payments, VISA.me integration. I figured the mothership would pour their payment system electricity down your throats asap.



We're definitely still investigating some other options and I know some developers are working very hard on that. The developer who knows most about PayPal is currently at lunch, but from what I could glean there's not much to report just yet.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

phaseed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phaseed

I tried a while back (June ) to pay for an item and was denied. Told to use alternate payment So I tried that and paid. I had to delete my paypal and then when I tried to add it back there is no paypal option.
Woot claims to be tech geek who sell online. but can't add paypal back? So would you trust them now with your info.
Also the way they answer your questions is so rude and childlike. Almost as if they were run by 14 year old girls from the Valley.(whatever!)
Customer service is absolutely non exsistent.

Lost my business and I have been loyal to you and made many purchases since 2007. Too bad really like woot but sick and tried of the children who run it.

jd94534


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jd94534

What happened to by Paypal option. I was able to use it before and now I am not able to find the link at all. I have been a loyal Woot customer for years. Please restore Paypal option or I shall go else where to make my purchases. Thanks

Johnny

vzesh05b


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzesh05b

I recently inquired about your links to paypal, and the fact that they weren't working. Your tech folks tried to tell me that the issue was mine, that I needed to clear my cache and cookies, and update my paypal info with paypal. I AM a tech person, so I knew that the issue wasn't mine. I tried all the tricks. Nobody responded to me after I disclosed that I knew what I was doing. It's funny, but now, there are NO PAYPAL buttons anywhere to be found. Hmm. Shady, woot. Way to lose a loyal customer.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vzesh05b wrote:I recently inquired about your links to paypal, and the fact that they weren't working. Your tech folks tried to tell me that the issue was mine, that I needed to clear my cache and cookies, and update my paypal info with paypal. I AM a tech person, so I knew that the issue wasn't mine. I tried all the tricks. Nobody responded to me after I disclosed that I knew what I was doing. It's funny, but now, there are NO PAYPAL buttons anywhere to be found. Hmm. Shady, woot. Way to lose a loyal customer.


Yes, I'm sorry. We no longer offer the PayPal payment option unless you already have it set up on your Woot account. Sorry for the inconvenience.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

vzesh05b


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzesh05b
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, I'm sorry. We no longer offer the PayPal payment option unless you already have it set up on your Woot account. Sorry for the inconvenience.



"Sorry for the inconvenience" is all any of us complaining get? How about notification that paypal is indeed not part of woot any longer. I HAD paypal set up as my primary method of payment, deleted it and tried to set it up again. No go. Your customer service and communication is embarassing. Customer service can make or break a company. I will no longer be referring friends to your site. Goodbye, woot.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vzesh05b wrote:"Sorry for the inconvenience" is all any of us complaining get? How about notification that paypal is indeed not part of woot any longer. I HAD paypal set up as my primary method of payment, deleted it and tried to set it up again. No go. Your customer service and communication is embarassing. Customer service can make or break a company. I will no longer be referring friends to your site. Goodbye, woot.

I hope you'll give us another chance in the future. We had to remove paypal short term due to technical difficulties. The limitations remain for the same reason.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cbaera


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbaera
nicholasbrwn1 wrote:You had a loyal customer in me, however I had been having trouble using my Paypal account. I deleted the paypal to reinstall only to find out that I am unable to use paypal on your sight any longer.

I am sorry to say, that until you have the ability for me to use my paypal again, I will no longer use your sight.

Damn Shame. I loved this sight too.



cbaera


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbaera
cbaera wrote:



why would you quit using a site you say you love simply because paypal isn't working? is it so difficult to use a credit card? I've been trying to use PayPal for 48 hours to buy something on ebay and I would much prefer to pay with a credit card but vendor doesn't allow it. At least for me, credit cards are much more convenient, but I dont carry a balance so I don't have to worry about apr's.

pandaaholic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandaaholic

Didn't know paypal didn't work until I checked out. I guess i'll go somewhere else to buy some shirts.

bpr2


quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
pandaaholic wrote:Didn't know paypal didn't work until I checked out. I guess i'll go somewhere else to buy some shirts.



says the account that was made the day of your post.

that was fun while it lasted!

SunnyLea0


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
bpr2 wrote:says the account that was made the day of your post.



Whelp, as you can see, my account is quite... ahem... mature and I'm afraid I'll have to go buy shirts somewhere else.