mytdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mytdawg
jeparz wrote:I just salt and eat. No lemon'. no chili either (Mexican style).

I prefer watermelon with lemon and salt, no chili.

I prefer Tequila with lemon and salt, no avocado, no chili and no watermelon either.

Danear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Danear

Mash it up with a banana and sprinkle some cinnamon on it.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
cycokiller wrote:Huh, never tried it with lemon and salt.. I do eat an avocado for lunch every week day with just a little hot sauce on it (Valentina, Cholula or Tapatio). On the weekends I usually slice one up and put it in/on an omelet along with some grilled onions and artichoke hearts.

The egg & cheese idea sounds pretty interesting... I might have to give that a try for breakfast sometime.

Cholula Chipotle Sauce is freakin' fantastic. A little smoky and just a kiss of heat.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Avocado pineapple salsa. I just got the recipe yesterday. I need to go to the store & buy the ingredients. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know & I'll post it.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
rworth01 wrote:Crack an egg into the cavity left by the pit, sprinkle on a bit of cheese and put it under the broiler.

I've never heard of this. I will try it! Thanks!!!!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako
rworth01 wrote:Crack an egg into the cavity left by the pit, sprinkle on a bit of cheese and put it under the broiler.

That sounds ... totally easy to do actually. I like having (an overly complex) green-eggs-and-ham scramble.

Take some Canadian bacon (ham) and put it in a toaster oven. 375, 10 minutes. While that's toasting, split an avocado.

Cut a flat base to each side of the avocado, core some out of the centers, and throw the "avocado shell" into the toaster oven with the ham for a few minutes.

The leftovers are beaten with an egg and put on a hot pan. Mix well before adding diced onions, and if I have them, chives, diced tomatoes or peppers.

Take slightly hardened avocado shell out of toaster and sear the bottom in the pan as you fill them with the green eggs.

Top with cheese and put everything back in the toaster until cheese browns. For crispier ham, throw it in the pan.