kecker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kecker

And before you say, it's only $5 for shipping, I'm not complaining about the actual shipping time. I'm referring to the time it takes to get something out the door.

And I'm not talking about woot-offs, obviously there is a crap-ton of stuff to ship then. I'm talking about regular woots....it's now been at least 7 days (4 business days) and it still hasn't shipped.

If it normally takes you that long to ship it means you're never caught up and you need to either change your process or hire more people to help ship things. It's pretty deceptive to advertise 3-8 days shipping if it takes you 8 days to even get it out the door.

I'm too cool for a signature.

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

Note from Account page:
If your order doesn't change to "shipped" within 5 days, check in our community forums for news of any delay, post there, and/or e-mail our service department at service@woot.com.

Some items are shipped from woot, some are fulfilled by Amazon, and some are drop shipped from the vendor. I normally haven't seem items take longer than 4 days to go out, but YMMV. I've also seen tracking update after the actual item was shipped.

If you need an item immediately, you may want to choose a faster shipping method if it is an option.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

On the sale's detail page, you'll see shipping information below the price. Here's today's Tech deal as an example:

You'll also see the estimated time to ship on your order page.

We use a variety of shipping methods and they have different shipping estimates.

Also note that we say it ships in X days, not that you'll receive it in X day.

Hope this helps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mischief101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mischief101

I'm really confused by this too. I ordered 2 things on June 20th and they both say "not yet shipped". I even paid for faster shipping on one of them, and it still hasn't even shipped. These are gifts. I need them before Wednesday of next week. Will I get them???

PAPOY!

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
Mischief101 wrote:I'm really confused by this too. I ordered 2 things on June 20th and they both say "not yet shipped". I even paid for faster shipping on one of them, and it still hasn't even shipped. These are gifts. I need them before Wednesday of next week. Will I get them???

It is unlikely that you will, I am sorry to say. Even though I've been playing at the game of woot for a very long time, and *knew* better, I still went for the two day shipping on a recent purchase of wine. Silly me. Two days from when they send it, but not any faster in shipping (and two seconds worth of brain cells would have told me this). This is still worth it to me, since it's better that wine doesn't sit in a hot fedex truck this time of year.

It can take up to five business days (and often does) for an item to actually be put in a box and sent your way. Once it's in a box, it usually moves pretty fast, but it's very unlikely that you will see it in time for a gift.

Buy a card. Print out the description of the item, and put it in the card. At least the recipient will know they have something cool that will arrive soon.

Good luck.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mischief101 wrote:I'm really confused by this too. I ordered 2 things on June 20th and they both say "not yet shipped". I even paid for faster shipping on one of them, and it still hasn't even shipped. These are gifts. I need them before Wednesday of next week. Will I get them???

I'm sorry for the delay. Please email support@woot.com so they can look into the expedited shipping item.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mischief101

Sent a message to Woot. Hopefully they can at least give me an estimated date on shipping and delivery and the gifts I bought.

That way I'll know if I will get them on time to give them on the appropriate date or not.

PAPOY!

Mischief101

Well I have to say. Woot is in my good book for the day!

They sent me an email yesterday afternoon saying my gift purchase will ship yesterday or today! So happy. The other purchase is not a gift so if I don't get it as fast that's okay.

But the gift should get here soon. And is should because I live in the same metropolex area as their main location.

Heck! If I buy something that I know will come from there Texas location I should just volunteer to pick it up!

PAPOY!

Mischief101

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the delay. Please email support@woot.com so they can look into the expedited shipping item.

Tyler is the one who emailed me to let me know the FedEx Tracking and that my gifts are on their way.

Thanks!

PAPOY!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mischief101 wrote:Tyler is the one who emailed me to let me know the FedEx Tracking and that my gifts are on their way.

Thanks!

Yay! Glad it worked out. Tyler is wonderful.

FORUM MODERATOR