kecker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kecker

And before you say, it's only $5 for shipping, I'm not complaining about the actual shipping time. I'm referring to the time it takes to get something out the door.

And I'm not talking about woot-offs, obviously there is a crap-ton of stuff to ship then. I'm talking about regular woots....it's now been at least 7 days (4 business days) and it still hasn't shipped.

If it normally takes you that long to ship it means you're never caught up and you need to either change your process or hire more people to help ship things. It's pretty deceptive to advertise 3-8 days shipping if it takes you 8 days to even get it out the door.

I'm too cool for a signature.

lichme

quality posts: 3792 Private Messages lichme

Note from Account page:
If your order doesn't change to "shipped" within 5 days, check in our community forums for news of any delay, post there, and/or e-mail our service department at service@woot.com.

Some items are shipped from woot, some are fulfilled by Amazon, and some are drop shipped from the vendor. I normally haven't seem items take longer than 4 days to go out, but YMMV. I've also seen tracking update after the actual item was shipped.

If you need an item immediately, you may want to choose a faster shipping method if it is an option.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 868 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

On the sale's detail page, you'll see shipping information below the price. Here's today's Tech deal as an example:

You'll also see the estimated time to ship on your order page.

We use a variety of shipping methods and they have different shipping estimates.

Also note that we say it ships in X days, not that you'll receive it in X day.

Hope this helps.

NEW New Work Schedule: work Sat, Sun, and nights Mon-Wed...off Thu & Fri
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mischief101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mischief101

I'm really confused by this too. I ordered 2 things on June 20th and they both say "not yet shipped". I even paid for faster shipping on one of them, and it still hasn't even shipped. These are gifts. I need them before Wednesday of next week. Will I get them???

PAPOY!

shrdlu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages shrdlu
Mischief101 wrote:I'm really confused by this too. I ordered 2 things on June 20th and they both say "not yet shipped". I even paid for faster shipping on one of them, and it still hasn't even shipped. These are gifts. I need them before Wednesday of next week. Will I get them???

It is unlikely that you will, I am sorry to say. Even though I've been playing at the game of woot for a very long time, and *knew* better, I still went for the two day shipping on a recent purchase of wine. Silly me. Two days from when they send it, but not any faster in shipping (and two seconds worth of brain cells would have told me this). This is still worth it to me, since it's better that wine doesn't sit in a hot fedex truck this time of year.

It can take up to five business days (and often does) for an item to actually be put in a box and sent your way. Once it's in a box, it usually moves pretty fast, but it's very unlikely that you will see it in time for a gift.

Buy a card. Print out the description of the item, and put it in the card. At least the recipient will know they have something cool that will arrive soon.

Good luck.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mischief101 wrote:I'm really confused by this too. I ordered 2 things on June 20th and they both say "not yet shipped". I even paid for faster shipping on one of them, and it still hasn't even shipped. These are gifts. I need them before Wednesday of next week. Will I get them???

I'm sorry for the delay. Please email support@woot.com so they can look into the expedited shipping item.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mischief101

Sent a message to Woot. Hopefully they can at least give me an estimated date on shipping and delivery and the gifts I bought.

That way I'll know if I will get them on time to give them on the appropriate date or not.

PAPOY!

Mischief101

Well I have to say. Woot is in my good book for the day!

They sent me an email yesterday afternoon saying my gift purchase will ship yesterday or today! So happy. The other purchase is not a gift so if I don't get it as fast that's okay.

But the gift should get here soon. And is should because I live in the same metropolex area as their main location.

Heck! If I buy something that I know will come from there Texas location I should just volunteer to pick it up!

PAPOY!

Mischief101

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the delay. Please email support@woot.com so they can look into the expedited shipping item.

Tyler is the one who emailed me to let me know the FedEx Tracking and that my gifts are on their way.

Thanks!

PAPOY!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mischief101 wrote:Tyler is the one who emailed me to let me know the FedEx Tracking and that my gifts are on their way.

Thanks!

Yay! Glad it worked out. Tyler is wonderful.

clairebrown2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clairebrown2004

I ordered something a week ago. It has not yet shipped, and it is not estimated to arrive for another 15 days. Why in the world would anyone list "standard shipping" as "3-8 days" when the item will not arrive for over 3 weeks. Dear Woot, there is a simple fix: stop lying to people and include "delays due to our inability to get the product out the door in a timely fashion" in your shipping estimates.

ThunderThighs

Staff

clairebrown2004 wrote:I ordered something a week ago. It has not yet shipped, and it is not estimated to arrive for another 15 days. Why in the world would anyone list "standard shipping" as "3-8 days" when the item will not arrive for over 3 weeks. Dear Woot, there is a simple fix: stop lying to people and include "delays due to our inability to get the product out the door in a timely fashion" in your shipping estimates.

The 3-8 days is the shipping time. The sale will also note the time to process and ship. For these it was 3-5 business days. It should be shipping soon.

drewcroa

quality posts: 27 Private Messages drewcroa

Sometimes they are pretty darn fast. I ordered some of these on the 7th . They were delivered on the 9th.

lordbowen

quality posts: 741 Private Messages lordbowen
drewcroa wrote:Sometimes they are pretty darn fast. I ordered some of these on the 7th . They were delivered on the 9th.

In a large box, right?

]

drewcroa

quality posts: 27 Private Messages drewcroa
lordbowen wrote:In a large box, right?

I have a decent size box of them, but, I imagine it would a bit longer to get a tv moving, i know alot of the larger/heavier items even take longer with prime shipping anymore.

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 39 Private Messages cwolfpack3
drewcroa wrote:Sometimes they are pretty darn fast. I ordered some of these on the 7th . They were delivered on the 9th.

Same here. Ours came in just 2 days from date of order. I thought it was one of the Krampus eggs, not even remotely expecting it to be the thing I had just ordered.

vmforrest

quality posts: 10 Private Messages vmforrest

I have experienced THREE different holiday orders that have not arrived. Every time I contact "customer service" (gawd their awful anymore) I get a refund with a message that the item is "lost in transit" (but somehow never even received tracking info) with a heartfelt "we don't have another one to send" message added. So done with WOOT. Three gifts that I now have to scramble to replace. Lame.

peaceetc

quality posts: 39 Private Messages peaceetc

For what it's worth, in my experience, customer service has become a little... weird.

I'd ordered a love seat cover not long ago, and the tracking showed it didn't get handed off to USPS like it should have been. So I wrote to Woot to ask if there was something I should do, and someone wrote back telling me there was a delay in shipping my order and they'd get it out as soon as possible. I don't think they really read my email, because that wasn't what I was asking about.

I wrote back and explained why I'd written and how they missed the mark (and that the cover had been delivered), and someone wrote back and said they'd forward my experience to the appropriate people.

I keep seeing people report CS refunds money instead of fixing the error (like on the Krampus eggs and bags of crap), even though Woot employees keep trying to get them to stop.

Customer service needs a bit more training, I think. That has nothing to do with shipping times, of course.

(x37)

ThunderThighs

Staff

vmforrest wrote:I have experienced THREE different holiday orders that have not arrived. Every time I contact "customer service" (gawd their awful anymore) I get a refund with a message that the item is "lost in transit" (but somehow never even received tracking info) with a heartfelt "we don't have another one to send" message added. So done with WOOT. Three gifts that I now have to scramble to replace. Lame.

I apologize. I'll ask CS to look into your orders further.

tomszr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomszr
clairebrown2004 wrote:I ordered something a week ago. It has not yet shipped, and it is not estimated to arrive for another 15 days. Why in the world would anyone list "standard shipping" as "3-8 days" when the item will not arrive for over 3 weeks. Dear Woot, there is a simple fix: stop lying to people and include "delays due to our inability to get the product out the door in a timely fashion" in your shipping estimates.

Yep. They are just liars at this point. On December 10th, I ordered three related items. One shipped in a timely way and arrived yesterday. But the two others aren't scheduled for delivery until January 3rd -- nearly a month after I ordered them. They are Christmas gifts and I ordered them in plenty of time to arrive by 12/24. And, of course, there has been NO notification of this delay by Woot -- I discovered it myself when I began to wonder where my stuff was.

And "customer service" is an absolute joke. All I get from them is boilerplate nonsense essentially telling me (a) just wait and (b) too bad, so sad. I've purchased a lot of stuff over the years from Woot, but this is it. This company now borders on fraud, as far as I am concerned.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tomszr wrote:Yep. They are just liars at this point. On December 10th, I ordered three related items. One shipped in a timely way and arrived yesterday. But the two others aren't scheduled for delivery until January 3rd -- nearly a month after I ordered them. They are Christmas gifts and I ordered them in plenty of time to arrive by 12/24. And, of course, there has been NO notification of this delay by Woot -- I discovered it myself when I began to wonder where my stuff was.

And "customer service" is an absolute joke. All I get from them is boilerplate nonsense essentially telling me (a) just wait and (b) too bad, so sad. I've purchased a lot of stuff over the years from Woot, but this is it. This company now borders on fraud, as far as I am concerned.

Hi there. Looking at your order, these items are handmade to order. The one item you received was ready and shipped. I show the estimated delivery date on that one to be 12/28 but you received it yesterday.

We are padding delivery dates during the holiday season to make sure we could meet our promise dates as much as possible. We'd rather tell you that it won't arrive in time than say it will and it miss.

It's very likely these will arrive earlier than the estimated date as well.

tomszr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomszr
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. Looking at your order, these items are handmade to order. The one item you received was ready and shipped. I show the estimated delivery date on that one to be 12/28 but you received it yesterday.

We are padding delivery dates during the holiday season to make sure we could meet our promise dates as much as possible. We'd rather tell you that it won't arrive in time than say it will and it miss.

The point is, you didn't tell me that two of the three items would not go out in a timely way. I never would have ordered them if I had known that. And, as I said earlier, I only discovered that the items are not scheduled to be delivered until nearly a month after I ordered them until I checked on it myself yesterday. Your explanations and justifications are utter nonsense.

Finally, the items are pre-boxed candies. They aren't "handmade to order" at all, and, even if they were, it doesn't take weeks to put candy in a box, does it? Did you actually look at my order?

I've begged for my money back on those two items since Woot has failed to deliver what was promised. I guess we all know how that has gone: just boilerplate e-mails telling me (a) just wait, sucker and (b) so sad, too bad, for you. And now, here on this forum, I get contorted, made-up stories about pre-boxed candy being "handmade to order" and "padding" shipping dates as a customer service measure. What nonsense.

mick52

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mick52
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. Looking at your order, these items are handmade to order. The one item you received was ready and shipped. I show the estimated delivery date on that one to be 12/28 but you received it yesterday.

I have received most everything I ordered, much faster than I expected. I would have ordered more stuff, but was afraid of the late delivery dates posted (after Christmas). I got stuff on the 14th that said I might not get till 24th. I think padding the dates, was a good move. I just think you'all padded a little too much, and missed out on more sales. Just some input, TT.

owlhooter

quality posts: 22 Private Messages owlhooter
tomszr wrote:The point is, you didn't tell me that two of the three items would not go out in a timely way. I never would have ordered them if I had known that. And, as I said earlier, I only discovered that the items are not scheduled to be delivered until nearly a month after I ordered them until I checked on it myself yesterday. Your explanations and justifications are utter nonsense.

Finally, the items are pre-boxed candies. They aren't "handmade to order" at all, and, even if they were, it doesn't take weeks to put candy in a box, does it? Did you actually look at my order?

I've begged for my money back on those two items since Woot has failed to deliver what was promised. I guess we all know how that has gone: just boilerplate e-mails telling me (a) just wait, sucker and (b) so sad, too bad, for you. And now, here on this forum, I get contorted, made-up stories about pre-boxed candy being "handmade to order" and "padding" shipping dates as a customer service measure. What nonsense.

How did they get pre-boxed before they are made? Usually with the candy items they come from a third party vendor and not directly from woot, woot just facilitates the sale. So it's very possible the third party thought they'd be able to handle the orders faster than they have been able to make the candies and ship them. Usually companies work on a system where the first order received is the first order shipped, so maybe they are swamped making all the different orders they have received.