2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2739 Private Messages lichme

Item: TaylorMade RBZ Max Iron Set (9 Choices)
Price: $429.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Fore!!

lichme

quality posts: 2739 Private Messages lichme

Check out some reviews from GolfSmith

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Video review.

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Nice set, I would look in to a nice set of Cobra S3's for 100 less. http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/cobra-golf-s3-max-irons-steel.html

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

Lots of golfers in Indy...

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce

tried these irons out at a demo a while back. they felt really nice and quite forgiving but they just looked too chunky to me at address. almost like hitting hybrids.

chompahs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chompahs

Whats the point of having all these new woot categories, golf clubs should be in Sports

7734woot09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 7734woot09
chompahs wrote:Whats the point of having all these new woot categories, golf clubs should be in Sports

I believe that the best deal of the day goes on the Main Woot page. No matter which category it comes from.

ryanbredahl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryanbredahl
chompahs wrote:Whats the point of having all these new woot categories, golf clubs should be in Sports

My guess is they are commemorating the start of the US Open today.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
7734woot09 wrote:I believe that the best deal of the day goes on the Main Woot page. No matter which category it comes from.

Yes.

taterburnsrice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taterburnsrice

Here is a pretty detailed review from GolfWRX. The video linked above doesn't touch on as much as this one does.

Shaw11946

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Shaw11946

RocketBallz was my nickname in high school.

carverd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carverd
Shaw11946 wrote:RocketBallz was my nickname in high school.

You forgot to tell them that your nickname had nothing to do with golf.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Shaw11946 wrote:RocketBallz was my nickname in high school.

That may not have been a compliment. Just saying.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

FATHER'S DAY IDEA

It's that time and some of your dad's like to golf. Now we know these won't get there in time but you could make a nice card and include a picture of what you purchased. Better late than never right? Get creative. Heck share your card designs and cute text quips here for everyone!

Here's the product site for more pics, info, and all that

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

7734woot09 wrote:I believe that the best deal of the day goes on the Main Woot page. No matter which category it comes from.

terutt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terutt
taterburnsrice wrote:Here is a pretty detailed review from GolfWRX. The video linked above doesn't touch on as much as this one does.

Note, this review is not for the Max, which is what is selling here (the Max are actually a better set). Max review here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xlb-SyZiZY

If I had just not bought a set of Mizuno's I would really consider this. Looks like a good price. The only thing that gives me pause is these supposedly have a slight draw bias (for hackers who normally slice) and I already hit a draw shot so this might be too much. Overall, this looks like a solid deal...the price is certainly right and the reviews overall out there are positive.

Like I say for what it is worth, I bought the Mizuno JPX 800 HD off rockbottom for about the same price ($30 more, but no tax and free shipping). They are also a top-rated improvement iron, Mizuno makes good stuff, and for my money the look better than this and you get some true hybrids with that set.

Superba Frango

benderlein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benderlein

I picked these up for $50 more and missing a club from Woot a month ago. Pretty disappointed. The upside is I'm crushing them. Now I just need Woot to send me the missing club, and we can call the extra $50 I paid all good.

sithph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sithph

does anyone know what the stock shaft is on these irons?

sithph

benderlein wrote:I picked these up for $50 more and missing a club from Woot a month ago. Pretty disappointed. The upside is I'm crushing them. Now I just need Woot to send me the missing club, and we can call the extra $50 I paid all good.

what type of shaft did it shipped with?

jaxon1718

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaxon1718

BEWARE MANDATORY GRAPHITE IN LONG IRONS!!
Woot, please change your description AGAIN. It appears that in the fine print, even if I order steel, I will be getting GRAPHITE in the long irons. There is no selection for this when ordering and there is no "steel AND graphite, just a "steel or graphite" description.... Woot, please clarify, which is correct? Are the graphite long irons going to come with all steel sets??

And why does it not specify which clubs are considered the "long irons"??

[MOD: Thanks for the question. We've tweaked the info to say Available in Graphite or Steel shaft (4 & 5 irons are graphite on steel sets)]

benderlein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benderlein
sithph wrote:what type of shaft did it shipped with?

I ordered the steel and they come with exactly what Taylormade's site describes them as: Matrix Program graphite shafts in long-irons: KBS Satin steel shafts in mid- and short-irons. So the 4 and 5 are graphite, more of a hybrid style. I do not use them as much (I like my rescue club I have for most of those distances), but am mixing them in since I still hit the crap out of the ball with them. All other clubs are steel shaft.

sithph

benderlein wrote:I ordered the steel and they come with exactly what Taylormade's site describes them as: Matrix Program graphite shafts in long-irons: KBS Satin steel shafts in mid- and short-irons. So the 4 and 5 are graphite, more of a hybrid style. I do not use them as much (I like my rescue club I have for most of those distances), but am mixing them in since I still hit the crap out of the ball with them. All other clubs are steel shaft.

Thank you, i'm considering these for the long irons has that's where my game lack. I'm a 8.9 handicapper and if I can benefit from the 7,6,5,4 for distance- i'm hoping that it'll lower my handicap. Thanks again for the reply.

BatCountry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BatCountry

I own these clubs and they are fantastic. I reviewed several different iron sets (I owned my old set for 15+ years) and decided on these. I am a casual hacker and shoot in the high 90s but these clubs make me feel like a pro when I make good contact. I tried several different "imrpovement" clubs and these were by far the best I tried. I own the RBZ 3 wood, 3 and 4 hybrids, and 5-PW irons. I picked up an extra club length with these as well as increased forgiveness for bad shots. Best investment I have made for improving my game by far.

0 quality posts and proud of it.

jeffmack01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffmack01

With that rationale, they should just get rid of the general woot! page altogether... You're complaining just for the sake of complaining.

gbraun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbraun

Can the lie angle on these clubs be adjusted? I'm assuming the lie angle is standard and I'm a +2. Thanks!

mphillipswoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mphillipswoot

Staff

jaxon1718 wrote:BEWARE MANDATORY GRAPHITE IN LONG IRONS!!
Woot, please change your description AGAIN. It appears that in the fine print, even if I order steel, I will be getting GRAPHITE in the long irons. There is no selection for this when ordering and there is no "steel AND graphite, just a "steel or graphite" description.... Woot, please clarify, which is correct? Are the graphite long irons going to come with all steel sets??

And why does it not specify which clubs are considered the "long irons"??

The 4 & 5 irons on the steel sets are graphite.

omoomo

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omoomo

I've hit with these and they are nice clubs and the price is right...but my one caution is that the offset greatly expands as the irons go from high to low and the top line profile as it mentions in the Golf Digest review is really thick and takes some getting used to.

The profile you eventually forget about...but the offset was something I could never get used to. I really liked the 7, 8 & 9 where the offset was minimal, but between the graphite inclusion and the huge offset on the 4 & 5...I would just recommend that if possible you run down to your local golf store before you hit the "buy" button so you can get a first hand perspective of the offset and the way the club is differently balanced.

People seem to either really, really love these clubs or they have a "gut based" negative reaction to them...seems to be not many opinions that fall in between.

sca1985

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sca1985
benderlein wrote:I picked these up for $50 more and missing a club from Woot a month ago. Pretty disappointed. The upside is I'm crushing them. Now I just need Woot to send me the missing club, and we can call the extra $50 I paid all good.

Seems Woot has an issue sending out clubs in a complete set. Ordered the burner 2.0 set a few months ago. Same issue missing a club and wrong description on the site. Offered a horrible partial refund and closed the door on the case. Appears they make a sale and then forget all about customer service on the paying customer. Way to go Woot!

ringod30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30

I purchased a set of these through Dick's at the beginning of last year for $799. They are a great set of clubs and for the price it cant be beat. Ive shaved about 10 stokes off my game. Now if Woot ever posts up a fairway wood to match the set, I'd be all set.

TooBah

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TooBah

"I am Iron Man!"

Oh, come on, you knew someone was going to say it, right?!

ThunderThighs

Staff

TooBah wrote:"I am Iron Man!"

Oh, come on, you knew someone was going to say it, right?!

Thank you. I can relax now.

zurcaled11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zurcaled11

Seems Woot has an issue sending out clubs in a complete set. Ordered the burner 2.0 set a few months ago. Same issue missing a club and wrong description on the site. Offered a horrible partial refund and closed the door on the case. Appears they make a sale and then forget all about customer service on the paying customer. Way to go Woot!
------------------
This x10000. Be very hesitant buying anything from woot. They offered me $20 refund for the missing club and I declined it because the club was worth much more than that. Then after going back and forth with customer service they said the vendor was going to send me an rbz club to fulfill the initial order. I told them great, accepted their offer and waited. Week or so goes bye with no confirmation email about shipping the replacement club so I contacted woot again. They tell me the vendor ran out of the replacement club and they can only offer me $40 refund or I can ship back the entire order. I told them no, and they put $40 into my PayPal without my accepting of their offer.
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I probably won't order anything from woot again after this debacle. Almost ordered these clubs and sent the other ones back but the odds of that being a smooth process is zero. I hope people are cautious with their purchase because if it goes wrong you are pretty much only able to get $40 back.

nicksgn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicksgn

Ordered the clubs on Thursday and have yet to receive any confirmation of order being shipped. First time ever ordering off of woot where I have not received any tracking number by the next day. Anyone having the same issue?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

nicksgn wrote:Ordered the clubs on Thursday and have yet to receive any confirmation of order being shipped. First time ever ordering off of woot where I have not received any tracking number by the next day. Anyone having the same issue?

it can take up to five business days for your order to process and ship. it's also possible that the item might be drop-shipped from our vendor and we're waiting to receive tracking information from them.

if you're concerned about your order, you can always email Support@Woot.com for details.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

stretch1414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stretch1414

Has anyone received their shipment yet? Just thought I would ask, as this is also my first time buying from Woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

stretch1414 wrote:Has anyone received their shipment yet? Just thought I would ask, as this is also my first time buying from Woot.

Just checked and it looks like they just shipped. You should be getting tracking email soon(ish).

In the meantime....

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

drunkmonky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drunkmonky

I received mine today without notice of it being shipped. Set was complete.