lashbackandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lashbackandy
lashbackandy wrote:Received!

Although the tablet is functioning nicely, there seems to be a problem with the screen. It's lighter/colors show up differently in the lower right corner--it looks like the corner of the screen is compressed (like when you press on an LCD screen).

Is this normal or a defect?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

lashbackandy wrote:Although the tablet is functioning nicely, there seems to be a problem with the screen. It's lighter/colors show up differently in the lower right corner--it looks like the corner of the screen is compressed (like when you press on an LCD screen).

Is this normal or a defect?

hmm. sounds like a question to pose to Samsung support.

you can also email Support@Woot.com if you'd like some assistance from Woot.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

iluv2sin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iluv2sin

Got mine yesterday and straight out of the box the touchscreen won't work. S Pen input works but fingers won't work at all. Went through troubleshooting with Samsung and they said the touchscreen is bad and will need be serviced. So now I get to send it over to Intelisol for repairs and just hope I get it back within 2-3 months. Ugh!

pfontaine2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfontaine2
iluv2sin wrote:Got mine yesterday and straight out of the box the touchscreen won't work. S Pen input works but fingers won't work at all. Went through troubleshooting with Samsung and they said the touchscreen is bad and will need be serviced. So now I get to send it over to Intelisol for repairs and just hope I get it back within 2-3 months. Ugh!

Have you done a complete set of Samsung updates? These updates took a few hours to complete but all the drivers as well as the BIOS were updated. My screen is a bit iffy to touch on the desktop, though very responsive to touch on the start screen.

iluv2sin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iluv2sin
pfontaine2 wrote:Have you done a complete set of Samsung updates? These updates took a few hours to complete but all the drivers as well as the BIOS were updated. My screen is a bit iffy to touch on the desktop, though very responsive to touch on the start screen.

Yep, let the SW Update app do it's thing for a couple hours getting everything up to date (including the BIOS) before I talked with Samsung support. I even tried other touchscreen drivers known to work with this tablet and no love. Rather depressing but hey... at least it happened within the 90 day warranty.

sdmhbax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmhbax

Still hasn't shipped getting very impatient.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sdmhbax wrote:Still hasn't shipped getting very impatient.

Au contraire. It has shipped. You should have a tracking email so check your spam folder.

In the meantime:

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

(It's due tomorrow.)

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sdmhbax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmhbax
ThunderThighs wrote:Au contraire. It has shipped. You should have a tracking email so check your spam folder.

In the meantime:

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

(It's due tomorrow.)

Glad to see it is on it's way but there is nothing in my spam folder...

ThunderThighs

Staff

sdmhbax wrote:Glad to see it is on it's way but there is nothing in my spam folder...

Hmmmmmmmmm. I'll ask around.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jhperkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhperkins

Ours just arrived yesterday, already loving it. Anyone have recommendations on case and keyboard to match? Already had to return one, mistook the case&keyboard for the XE700 rather than the XE500 :/

ThunderThighs

Staff

jhperkins wrote:Ours just arrived yesterday, already loving it. Anyone have recommendations on case and keyboard to match? Already had to return one, mistook the case&keyboard for the XE700 rather than the XE500 :/

I didn't order a keyboard but I got this case. No complaints so far.

btonnies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btonnies

The tablet is great so far, but it has one annoying issue: every time I log in I have to go to the Activate Windows screen and cancel it. Apparently when mine was refurbed, they used an activation key that had been used too many times for Microsoft's comfort. It doesn't stop me from using it, but it's a hassle. Is there any way to get around this (short of paying for another license key)?

attheinlet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages attheinlet
iluv2sin wrote:Yep, let the SW Update app do it's thing for a couple hours getting everything up to date (including the BIOS) before I talked with Samsung support. I even tried other touchscreen drivers known to work with this tablet and no love. Rather depressing but hey... at least it happened within the 90 day warranty.

I called Samsung to register my tablet. they won't register it, the rep I spoke with will provide no support. I haven't been able to download a manual. They are implying that this buy is bogus. I have a note into support because I have no idea how to do anything without a serial number and the one on my receipt is not recognized. do I need a SN to download all updates. Is anyone else concerned if this is the real thing since I am being denied any support at all.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

attheinlet wrote:I called Samsung to register my tablet. they won't register it, the rep I spoke with will provide no support. I haven't been able to download a manual. They are implying that this buy is bogus. I have a note into support because I have no idea how to do anything without a serial number and the one on my receipt is not recognized. do I need a SN to download all updates. Is anyone else concerned if this is the real thing since I am being denied any support at all.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with contacting Samsung support.

I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know what you're experiencing.
They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have.