foodguru

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foodguru

Woot has taken a turn for the worst since being taken over by Amazon. What better way to eliminate the competition but to buy them and run them into the ground. It is clearly evident when one looks closely at the products being offered, the way Woot-Offs are being run and the elimination of Bags of Carrots. All Woot is now is one big tax write-off for Amazon. It even shows in the text writing that employees are disgruntled and no heart is put into their jobs. I am expecting that any day now Amazon, I mean Woot, will be introducing "Kitty Litter Woot. Its too bad because I used to enjoy checking Woot every morning. Now I have to almost take a half day off from work just to get through all the Woot clutter.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
foodguru wrote:Woot has taken a turn for the worst since being taken over by Amazon. What better way to eliminate the competition but to buy them and run them into the ground. It is clearly evident when one looks closely at the products being offered, the way Woot-Offs are being run and the elimination of Bags of Carrots. All Woot is now is one big tax write-off for Amazon. It even shows in the text writing that employees are disgruntled and no heart is put into their jobs. I am expecting that any day now Amazon, I mean Woot, will be introducing "Kitty Litter Woot. Its too bad because I used to enjoy checking Woot every morning. Now I have to almost take a half day off from work just to get through all the Woot clutter.

I wouldn't mind a pet.woot. But I don't see what you're getting at.

/dense on purpose

KevinatWoot

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot
foodguru wrote:Woot has taken a turn for the worst since being taken over by Amazon. What better way to eliminate the competition but to buy them and run them into the ground. It is clearly evident when one looks closely at the products being offered, the way Woot-Offs are being run and the elimination of Bags of Carrots. All Woot is now is one big tax write-off for Amazon. It even shows in the text writing that employees are disgruntled and no heart is put into their jobs. I am expecting that any day now Amazon, I mean Woot, will be introducing "Kitty Litter Woot. Its too bad because I used to enjoy checking Woot every morning. Now I have to almost take a half day off from work just to get through all the Woot clutter.

I agree.

Even though, much of the leadership has left, there are still many talented people at Woot (some old, some new) that are capable of keeping things interesting.

Unfortunately, many of those talented people are too appeased just pulling in a pay check -- and they don't care much about keeping it interesting.

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

foodguru wrote: and the elimination of Bags of Carrots.

We've actually done quite a few Bags over the last few months. After years and years of being told WOOT YOU SUCK YOUR SITE ALWAYS GOES DOWN AND THE BOTS GET EVERYTHING we tried to take a different approach to getting them out there. So far, we're giving them to people instead of robots, which I like.

I am sorry you aren't enjoying the writing, though. I hope you let us know when you do like stuff so we also know what you like.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Moueska

Slydon wrote:I am sorry you aren't enjoying the writing, though. I hope you let us know when you do like stuff so we also know what you like.

Kidfoot is awesome. ^_^ They need to go watch some Kidfoot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You will NOT go down the drain.
You will NOT go down the drain.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Moueska

OH, GOD... THUNDERTHIGHS MUST HAVE DIVIDED BY ZERO AGAIN!!!

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
Slydon wrote:So far, we're giving {Bugs of Crud} to people instead of robots, which I like.

It *is* more fair. That's just me, though. Reasonable.

Slydon wrote:I am sorry you aren't enjoying the writing, though. I hope you let us know when you do like stuff so we also know what you like.

I liked today's (just in case that was you). The point/line/plane/cube progression was nice; I waited until now to mention it, so as not to spoil the fun for others.

I don't look at most of the pages, but I do look at Woot Central every morning, and Wine dot Woot, often (when they have something ( might like).

We all complain so much I just thought you'd like to hear something positive.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

aharrison7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aharrison7

Amazon sent out an email today telling its users (at least some) to check out woot (during a wootoff). Woot was never meant to be fully mainstream - yet this is Amazon's goal of Woot...a mainstream offload site with ehh deals abound - none great.

Something special turned mainstream is well....no longer something special.

aggiejd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggiejd

Not to mention the change in shipping. Wootoffs are no longer of any value to me as I was mostly an impulse buyer.

Slydon

Staff

shrdlu wrote:I liked today's (just in case that was you). The point/line/plane/cube progression was nice

That was me, in fact. Thank you for noticing!

KevinatWoot

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot
Slydon wrote:After years and years of being told WOOT YOU SUCK YOUR SITE ALWAYS GOES DOWN AND THE BOTS GET EVERYTHING we tried to take a different approach to getting them out there. So far, we're giving them to people instead of robots, which I like.

You know what you guys could do? Take one of the Woot plus slots and turn it into a mystery deal. Think of a slot machine, pull the lever to see what you get -- if you don't like that deal, then try again. Pool all of the currently running sales, add in some other sales (you could have fun with this, add in some silly sales and some good really good deals), and put in the Board of Circuits

You could categorize each deal the same way they do for loot drops in MMORPGs. The better the deal the less likely it would show up. The Board of Circuits would be the carrot at the end of the string, if you really want one then just keep working at it.

Put an ad on each page, and then you'll be able to make money off of everyone trying to get the Board of Circuits and you would sell more stuff.

This would satisfy everyone who complains that woot killed off the Board of Circuits

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
aggiejd wrote:Not to mention the change in shipping. Wootoffs are no longer of any value to me as I was mostly an impulse buyer.

I'm the same way! Frankly, with all the changes I haven't spent as much as I used to. That is mainly due to the fact that I can not afford one too many items for sale either through "deal" of the day or Woot Plus.

While I do enjoy the addition of WootPlus (I know I'm a little late in the game to say that), there are so many changes that do turn me off to woot.

I'd like to see a change in return service. It should be easier to make a return! Yes! Things ARE now cheaper elsewhere than here! When I first started buying from woot! the deals were great. I got an Ipad bean bag holder for around $15. for my dad. I wanted to buy another and searched online and couldn't find anything below $50. It's my understanding that's the whole premise of Woot! is to give those kind of deals that you can't find anywhere else.

Recently the price of items is better and more affordable to nearly everyone. However with 10 deals lasting 24 hours and who knows how many WootPlus items, it's getting too much! I can't even come to the Woot! site anymore because it's so congested! I use an app that is much easier. Frankly if I was not so broke and so bored I probably wouldn't come to the site as often as I do.

rsinger1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsinger1
Slydon wrote:We've actually done quite a few Bags over the last few months. After years and years of being told WOOT YOU SUCK YOUR SITE ALWAYS GOES DOWN AND THE BOTS GET EVERYTHING we tried to take a different approach to getting them out there. So far, we're giving them to people instead of robots, which I like.

What is this "different approach"? Are they still available during woot offs?

I haven't seen one it what feels like a really long time.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rsinger1 wrote:What is this "new approach"? Are they still available during woot offs?

I haven't seen one it what feels like a really long time.

All day yesterday and today.

Earlier this month

May's

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rsinger1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsinger1
ThunderThighs wrote:All day yesterday and today.

Earlier this month

May's

Not sure what I am supposed to be seeing at the first link, but I think I get the general gist from the second two. Trying to be more cryptic with it than just having a bag pop up on a wootoff.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rsinger1 wrote:Not sure what I am supposed to be seeing at the first link, but I think I get the general gist from the second two. Trying to be more cryptic with it than just having a bag pop up on a wootoff.

Yes, as SLydon mentioned above, we're trying new things to avoid the frustration of server crashes.

Slydon

Staff

rsinger1 wrote:What is this "different approach"? Are they still available during woot offs?

We're doing some right now, in fact. There's a small summary paragraph currently on the front page, and those two big banners will take you to more explanation if the paragraph isn't enough. Good luck!