12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

applemachome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages applemachome

Those two speaker cones on the sides are passive (will just go with the reverberations from the other drivers) and don't actually provide any more power.

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Item: TDK Wireless Sound Cube
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

I'm familiar with the non-wireless version of this, it's portable, and can be powered with 12 D batteries as an alternative.

Can this wireless version also be powered with batteries?

Edit: Found the answer. No batteries for the wireless version! Despite the carrying handle and wireless connectivity, you must plug in to AC power.

Bummer.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1

Very tempted, can anyone with first hand experience chime in with thoughts?

...Did I just buy that?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3290 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this video, courtesy of TDKPerformance

benocha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benocha

I have the big brother to this speaker, and those fiber woven cones sound amazing.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3290 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lets watch another review on this product, courtesy of ITTV

tloofs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tloofs

Will it threaten to stab me?
In fact, can it speak?
What should I do in the event it does speak?

hippie19

quality posts: 21 Private Messages hippie19

Everything can be wireless, unless you want to use it. Need to get power somehow...

hat creek trading

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hat creek trading

Can I connect this puppy to my TV
set? If yes, what performance can I expect?

aws3100

Lenoen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lenoen

I have the non blue tooth version of this. The bad points on this wireless version is that you don't get fm radio or the ability to put batteries in it. These speakers sound like a common 2 speaker + subwoofer combination. That is a good thing because the added bass makes sound more immersive.

These can be connected to a tv if your tv has a connection for headphones. Many hdtvs cheap out on this. Because the left and right speakers have very little space between them it might compromise stereo sound effects which are important in video games and tv watching. I don't know how well it works but this wireless speaker has a directional sound mode.

lukeylu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lukeylu

I've also got the non-wireless version of this box - I've had it roughly half a year and I use it nearly everyday.

It has wonderful sound quality, and even when I have it turned up a considerable amount, it's still only slightly above what the dial appears to show as halfway.

All in all, this brand and type of model is great, and I would recommend it to others.

However, although this model looks newer, and may even be newer - as the 'Bluetooth' feature suggests - it may not be as good of quality as the non-wireless version.

At a hundred bucks, though, I'd call it a steal!

atomizer

quality posts: 13 Private Messages atomizer

I have 3 of the other TDK Life on Record devices including the original cube and the new bluetooth 2-speaker boombox and I love them all. They sound great and are well-built, although the previous-generation cube & boomboxes had superior build quality (such as carbon fiber cones.) I would say the cube sounds a bit better than the boombox, although the type of music and room you're playing in will ultimately influence which device sounds better to you. This cube would be a good idea if you plan to make use of the bluetooth connectivity (which works perfectly for me on the boombox) but don't need actual wireless portability as the cube doesn't have a battery.

85 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

frenchfried1999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frenchfried1999

If words could speak, I wonder what they'd say?

crogs571

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crogs571
applemachome wrote:Those two speaker cones on the sides are passive (will just go with the reverberations from the other drivers) and don't actually provide any more power.

The words, "2 passive radiators" wasn't enough to explain that?

vtmiller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vtmiller

Jump to 3:21 to cube. Thanks...

conanthelibrarian wrote:Lets watch another review on this product, courtesy of ITTV

etchip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etchip

This would have been difficult:

By 1950 and the birth of rock 'n roll, teenagers flocked to malt shoppes to sock hop in front of the TDK Bluetooth Sound Line.

Since it was: Created by telecom vendor Ericsson in 1994

mikylrou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikylrou

Is it truly wireless if it has to plug in to work? If it does plug in then whats the point of Bluetooth if you have to have a constant power supply from the outlet?

shazamwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shazamwoot

Uh, really? Wow, if you had to post something like this, then you've entirely missed everything they do with the Woot descriptions. It's obviously a joke. *forehead slap*

etchip wrote:This would have been difficult:

By 1950 and the birth of rock 'n roll, teenagers flocked to malt shoppes to sock hop in front of the TDK Bluetooth Sound Line.

Since it was: Created by telecom vendor Ericsson in 1994

alphamale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphamale
mikylrou wrote:Is it truly wireless if it has to plug in to work? If it does plug in then whats the point of Bluetooth if you have to have a constant power supply from the outlet?

I dont think it eats and Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!...so it needs a power source. [MOD: Let's play nice]

compudata

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compudata
alphamale wrote:I dont think it eats and Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!...so it needs a power source. [MOD: Let's play nice]

I'm with miky on this... it should support batteries like it's non-bluetooth predecessor.

When I first saw this Woot, I thought how nice it might be to take to the pool or beach until I saw that its only power source is a wall wart. I'll pass.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
tloofs wrote:Will it threaten to stab me?
In fact, can it speak?
What should I do in the event it does speak?

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the TDK Wireless Sound Cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that it does talk The Enrichment Centre asks you to ignore its advice.

dlevasseur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlevasseur

Any comment on outdoor performance? I don't need anything ridiculous, but we sit around the fire pit at night or in our pool sometimes and it would be nice to have music, but nothing annoying to the neighbors.

Also, why aren't there any grills on it? It's made to pick up and carry around but nothing to protect the speakers? That's just dumb.

wake me at midnight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wake me at midnight

Maybe a description of, TDK "Wireless Sound" Cube would be better. It's wireless sound but the cube will not operate as wireless since it needs power via AC. The title is kind of deceiving at first glance. Intentional?

testboy69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages testboy69

I got the battery powered one the last time it was up on woot ($99). This thing ROCKS!..Whenever I wash my cars or have a BBQ, people constantly ask me about it and tell me how clear it sounds. If you are looking for a solid outdoor music source, this is it.

dlevasseur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlevasseur
testboy69 wrote:I got the battery powered one the last time it was up on woot ($99). This thing ROCKS!..Whenever I wash my cars or have a BBQ, people constantly ask me about it and tell me how clear it sounds. If you are looking for a solid outdoor music source, this is it.

Thanks, I might just have to get one. I have power outlets in all the places I'd probably use it on my property anyway.

karisk81

quality posts: 7 Private Messages karisk81
mikylrou wrote:Is it truly wireless if it has to plug in to work? If it does plug in then whats the point of Bluetooth if you have to have a constant power supply from the outlet?

I believe you are confusing wireless with portable. The wireless portion simply refers to the method for communication with the device.

The benefit of Bluetooth is pretty simple: you can use your device remotely. You put the speaker where you would like it, take your music device with you and you have full control over what's playing. This can be pretty handy.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Looks a bit like a Companion Cube.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
zekecatz wrote:Looks a bit like a Companion Cube.

Thats been covered. See above :-)

JordanTG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JordanTG

I've been thinking about buying speakers for my living room and this deal just seems too good to be true. I just hope they will work with my TV.

zapkappa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zapkappa
dlevasseur wrote:Any comment on outdoor performance? I don't need anything ridiculous, but we sit around the fire pit at night or in our pool sometimes and it would be nice to have music, but nothing annoying to the neighbors.

Also, why aren't there any grills on it? It's made to pick up and carry around but nothing to protect the speakers? That's just dumb.

I agree. Also, what about no cover on speakers? Is that really portable in this rough and tumble world? Suggest the "Block Rocker" from Sam's club. I use it all the time for portable jams and listening to my wife sing along to ABBA!

KevinatWoot

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot

Does this support bluetooth?

iphargo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iphargo

If a iphone had blue tooth, does this speaker support it? That bis, can itunes be streamed to the phone and output come through the cube?

DemonMF777

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DemonMF777

Guess Nintendo found someone to buy all the extra Gamecube enclosures left over!

rsilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsilver

The point is that even if it has to be plugged in for power, it can be placed remotely from the audio source which can wirelessly stream the sound to the device via BT so you don't have to string audio wires across your room.

xosippa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xosippa

LOL. Well alot of things require AC power and yet because of bluetooth are more convenient. The primary scenario would be keeping your phone or ipod on you and moving about freely, yet outputting the audio to the speaker. I have another brand and I love it. As long as I'm within 25-40 ft it works well.