pamnken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamnken
computermd82 wrote:I'm familiar with the non-wireless version of this, it's portable, and can be powered with 12 D batteries as an alternative.

Can this wireless version also be powered with batteries?

Edit: Found the answer. No batteries for the wireless version! Despite the carrying handle and wireless connectivity, you must plug in to AC power.

Bummer.

Yeah that killed it for me, so close.

ajpik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajpik

Just to be clear about how one could use this: I could play music from my TV, desktop, or whatever. Hook into that device's audio out some bluetooth-spitting thing and this can pick it up and play it, requiring only A/C power. Is that correct?

If so, any suggestions for the audio-out bluetooth spitter?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zapkappa wrote:I agree. Also, what about no cover on speakers? Is that really portable in this rough and tumble world? Suggest the "Block Rocker" from Sam's club. I use it all the time for portable jams and listening to my wife sing along to ABBA!

How about as rough and tumble as a spot with an electrical plug?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

EricMeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EricMeyer
applemachome wrote:Those two speaker cones on the sides are passive (will just go with the reverberations from the other drivers) and don't actually provide any more power.

All drivers on the TDK V513 are active with 27 watts of output

spidermandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spidermandy

So if I don't know of my computer has bluetooth or how to use it, I can't use this wirelessly in another room in my house while it is connected to my computer? I feel like "wireless" is a bit misleading. Is this feature available and I'm just not getting it?

dlevasseur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlevasseur
EricMeyer wrote:All drivers on the TDK V513 are active with 27 watts of output

The specs here and on TDK's site show "Passive Radiator", they provide no power. There is a single 5.25 woofer.

dlevasseur

spidermandy wrote:So if I don't know of my computer has bluetooth or how to use it, I can't use this wirelessly in another room in my house while it is connected to my computer? I feel like "wireless" is a bit misleading. Is this feature available and I'm just not getting it?

It has a bluetooth reciever. So if you have a sender of some kind (PC, phone, etc) this can receive that signal wirelessly.

dlevasseur

ajpik wrote:Just to be clear about how one could use this: I could play music from my TV, desktop, or whatever. Hook into that device's audio out some bluetooth-spitting thing and this can pick it up and play it, requiring only A/C power. Is that correct?

If so, any suggestions for the audio-out bluetooth spitter?

The cube has an 1/8" in AUX input so if the cube is close to whatever device, you can just wire it in with a standard 1/8" stereo cable.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler

Nice...they added bluetooth and a remote. But removed radio and the front display? And still no alarm clock function. I guess I'm fine with my old version and a bluetooth receiver for $25.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12
KevinatWoot wrote:Does this support bluetooth?

Don't forget to ask if its "WIRELESS" while you're at it.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12
spidermandy wrote:So if I don't know of my computer has bluetooth or how to use it, I can't use this wirelessly in another room in my house while it is connected to my computer? I feel like "wireless" is a bit misleading. Is this feature available and I'm just not getting it?

Don't worry I took a course in college on how to deal with this, READY? Stand back .....(drum roll please)

Nothing up my sleeve ,,,,,,,

"ASK GOOGLE"

Want to see that again? OK....

"ASK GOOGLE"

All kidding aside :-)
The video section of Google will have many good teaching videos on what Bluetooth is, how to operate it and how it can benefit you.

Also you can ask Google for the Specifications of your computer and find out that way if you have Bluetooth on your PC. From there if you do have it, ask Google how to update and operate it.

I hope this helped. I know how frustrating it is when you ask a computer question and even the answer is confusing. Thats why I suggested teaching videos to build your knowledge.

Avarik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Avarik

I also bought the non-wireless version of this and it's outstanding. I'm going to buy this tool, I hope they're stackable.

smooth0906

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smooth0906
computermd82 wrote:I'm familiar with the non-wireless version of this, it's portable, and can be powered with 12 D batteries as an alternative.

Can this wireless version also be powered with batteries?

Edit: Found the answer. No batteries for the wireless version! Despite the carrying handle and wireless connectivity, you must plug in to AC power.

Bummer.

I agree. I have the wired one and you can put in the 12 D's and take it anywhere to make a lot of noise! :-)

jrossjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrossjr

According to a review on Amazon, iOS devices (iphone, ipod, ipad) can't stream to this either. I can't personally verify the accuracy of this statement, but here's the review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HZPG673G00KF/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008VMT2EE&nodeID=172630&store=mp3

dlevasseur

jrossjr wrote:According to a review on Amazon, iOS devices (iphone, ipod, ipad) can't stream to this either. I can't personally verify the accuracy of this statement, but here's the review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HZPG673G00KF/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008VMT2EE&nodeID=172630&store=mp3

Those people were trying to use the USB port to stream. The port clearly says "charge only".

stonemillnz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stonemillnz

Has anyone used a mic, specifically wireless mic with this cube? I'm looking for a portable speaker for using during demonstrations

kurtois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kurtois

Used the cube for the past couple of days with a MBP running Mountain Lion streaming via Bluetooth. Ugh. The signal drops and then requires a "reboot" of both devices. What is up?

Anyone else using this OS with this cube?

Wish I could provide some log files here to provide more detail.