WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Electronics For Your Patio

If you're doing summer right, what you're doing is doing it on the patio. And can you afford to be away from your electronics for one second? We say no. And we say you better listen to us unless you want trouble. /shakesfist

AkiraMetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AkiraMetz

I got one of the little BT speakers (the one in the Event Page banner photo) the last time this deal came around. Easy to use, sounds great, amazing deal. I think I'm going to need to grab a couple more.

BradSR20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BradSR20

I was wondering if anyone has had good success with the wireless outdoor speakers working with a receiver inside? The manual says it needs its own input channel, but do you lose all the other speakers if you have to choose that channel? Maybe im overthinking it...

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I always thought wireless meant you didn't have to have wires connected to it.

cirsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cirsh
ambergreen wrote:I always thought wireless meant you didn't have to have wires connected to it.

Wireless implies that you don't have to plug it into a signal source. Not that it doesn't require power. The term for that is usually [portable]

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet

anyone know if the AR speakers will charge NiMH batteries when they are plugged in? My indoor ones do, and I would love a pair that I can keep plugged into an outlet in the pool house then pull out by the pool when I want to use them...

Hmmmmm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hmmmmm

I am curious. The descrition says you can use it with your TV as a remote speaker.
Acoustic Research 5RWS3 900MHz Portable Wireless Speaker

Does anyone have any experience with this? We would like to get one for Gandma so she doens't make the rest of us deaf when she watches TV.

kenbuzz

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kenbuzz
philgonet wrote:anyone know if the AR speakers will charge NiMH batteries when they are plugged in? My indoor ones do, and I would love a pair that I can keep plugged into an outlet in the pool house then pull out by the pool when I want to use them...

Here are the manuals:
- http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/AWS53/AWS53_OM.pdf
- http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/AWS63/AWS63_OM.pdf

Will this recharge batteries - I do not believe so. The manual makes no reference to rechargable batteries, only that the speaker will run off of the included AC adapter or 6x AA-batteries.

Important to also note that the transmitter ONLY runs off of its own AC adapter - no batteries. And even though the transmitter only accept RCA Red/White (R/L) stereo inputs, there's an included 3.5mm-to-RCA patch cord, so you can jack it into your home stereo OR your MP3 player/iThing just fine.

LAST FIVE WOOTS:
09/25/14 Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - $30
09/18/14 iGo Car Charger for iPad, iPhone & iPod (3x) - $2 ea
09/04/14 Assorted T-shirts (2x) - $12 ea
08/19/14 HP 14" Dual-Core Chromebooks w/Free 4G - $200
08/06/14 Dr Comics #1 Journal (2x) - $13 ea

us957165

quality posts: 0 Private Messages us957165

You are over thinking it. You can have your inside speakers on A channel and outside on B channel. I have a selector switch on the B channel and have it running to 2 sets of outdoor speaker and 3 sets of in room speakers. Once you get beyond 3 sets of speakers on at once you need to have the volume cranked way up. If you are using outdoor speakers they tend not to be as loud so make sure your amp and speakers can handle it.

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

I got one of these CraigBT speakers i was surprised how loud it actually got. The battery charge is decent also.

jeannebeanie57

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeannebeanie57

I am soooooooooooo sad I did not purchase more of these. I bought two and I am sitting here listening to great sound. It was very very easy to set up with my blue tooth...love it