WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pinnacle Speakers

Do you worry about being a public speaker? We understand. It's scary! Instead, you should buy some of these speakers and let them do the job for you. And you can just hide under a blanket with a microphone in your hand. It could be your gimmick!

Quality Posts

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

Hello Woot Community. This is Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support team leader. Please fire away with any questions you may have and I am sure I can assist. I have been here for 8 of Pinnacle's 37 years am confident I can assist with most any question. I will certainly do my best.

akarchn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akarchn

Arin:

How would the CTR 350 sound paired with the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro satellites? The application is primarily movie watching with some music.

Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers

akarchn wrote:Arin:

How would the CTR 350 sound paired with the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro satellites? The application is primarily movie watching with some music.

Thanks!

The Gallo products use high quality small size drivers. So, we think our CTR 350 is a good match and certainly a small investment.

rolline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rolline

Arin:

What type of wiring is used for the 5.1 Speaker Systems?

I see that it comes with some Monster Cable, but are these using classic speaker wire?

Thank you

pinnaclespeakers

rolline wrote:Arin:

What type of wiring is used for the 5.1 Speaker Systems?

I see that it comes with some Monster Cable, but are these using classic speaker wire?

Thank you

We have indeed included a generous 50 feet of high-quality Monster Cable brand speaker wire with both the MB 9500+ and MB 11500+ systems. However, you may use whatever speaker wire you choose.

almightyzeus44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almightyzeus44

Does the 5.1 Channel 700W Audiophile Home Theater System MB9500+ come with any sort of receiver or do I need to purchase that extra?

rokihsa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rokihsa

I can say that these speakers are some of the best I have ever owned. I have them both in ceiling in my room and floor standing 5.1 in the wife's "Mommy Cave". These speakers are well made and feel solid with a great sound.

dasbrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasbrose

Are there any pictures of the back of the 2.1/soundbar setup? I'd like to get a look at the connection points.
Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers

almightyzeus44 wrote:Does the 5.1 Channel 700W Audiophile Home Theater System MB9500+ come with any sort of receiver or do I need to purchase that extra?

The systems will need a receiver. They are 5.1 speaker packages include Monster Cable wire.

pinnaclespeakers

dasbrose wrote:Are there any pictures of the back of the 2.1/soundbar setup? I'd like to get a look at the connection points.
Thanks!

We do not have rear connection photos on our site, but here is all we do have. It is an easy plug-n-play using optical in cables from SOUNDBAR directly to TV, which we supply

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/frsys8210.html

dasbrose

pinnaclespeakers wrote:We do not have rear connection photos on our site, but here is all we do have. It is an easy plug-n-play using optical in cables from SOUNDBAR directly to TV, which we supply

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/frsys8210.html

For anyone else who wants details on the connections, the manual available at the link above has more info. In short, there are 4 inputs (1 optical, 3 1/8" Stereo), and an input selector on the control panel.

boxerx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boxerx

I bought a samsung soundbar once that claimed 280w. Was pretty good until I tried using it for dance at a party. Just couldn't get it loud enough.. Worried this soundbar will be the same...

smoaty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smoaty

Just bought the 9500+. What would you recommend for a receiver?

shawnz28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnz28

Picked up a Baby Boomer last time around and am very happy with it.... Now 20.00 cheaper an even better deal.

pinnaclespeakers

boxerx wrote:I bought a samsung soundbar once that claimed 280w. Was pretty good until I tried using it for dance at a party. Just couldn't get it loud enough.. Worried this soundbar will be the same...

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here. The purpose of a SOUNDBAR, including ours is to dramatically improve the sound quality from todays super thin and "ACOUSTICALLY CHALLENGED" TV's. Todays TV's are not designed nor do they deliver any serious high fidelity sound. The SOUNDBAR category of product, including ours are designed to replace and improve upon the lost sound from the new TV's, depending on the quality of the SOUNDBAR. However, they are not designed for loud music playing at parties. For normal TV or music watching it adds a dimension of sound that has been eliminated due to the ultra thin TV format. If your plans include party volume music, the better choice is a home theater system, which by design is for both movies, music and in our case, designed for more aggressive listening when needed So, we suggest MB 9500+ or MB 11500+

To recap, dramatic TV sound improvement, go with SOUNDBAR, even better go with SOUNDBAR+SUBWOOFER FRONTROWSYS8210),

For high performance caliber of music and movies with strong volume capability would require a Home Theater system such as MB9500+ or MB11500+.

SFITTWR 1050, SFITCTR 350 and PSSUB 225 would deliver the best acoustic performance for music especially at louder volumes. So it all depends on what your uses are.

I hope this helps

pinnaclespeakers

smoaty wrote:Just bought the 9500+. What would you recommend for a receiver?

WE can recommend some good guidelines for you. Our engineers find the following brands are consistantly good (in no particular order): Yamaha,Harmon Kardon,Pioneer, especially at their higher end and ONKYO and Onkyo Integra. Electronic manufacturers change models typically every year and we do not do individual model tests. As to watts and THD (total harmonic distortion, these are the 2 most important specs. NOT JUST WATTS!!!!......With our systems any 50 waat/channel or greater with a THD spec of no greater than .09% is fine.

From there, the lower the THD spec the better. along with the higher wattage. So 50 watts/channel at .09 THD is not as good as 50 watts at .05THD............But 100 watts at .05THD is better still. BE certain to check that THD spec and at 8 ohms

debralittlefieldsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debralittlefieldsmith

Would this system work in an A-Frame home, 2-story, very open floor plan with 20-22 ft. highest point ceiling.

Menzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Menzo

Hi Arin, thank you for your time. What are your thoughts on the MB9500+ for a set of computer speakers. I have an older Harman Kardon reciever that I could use for a 5.1 setup. Didn't know if these speakers were magnetically shielded or if they would be good for gaming. I should have a big enough computer room for the setup.

pinnaclespeakers

debralittlefieldsmith wrote:Would this system work in an A-Frame home, 2-story, very open floor plan with 20-22 ft. highest point ceiling.

Hi, great question. When there are cathedral ceilings the overall volume of the room space increase tremendously. So, the better system for the large ceilings uses the 12" subwoofer,MB11500+. In that system the 12" subwoofer (which is is in fact model PSSUB 225) is designed to play louder and fill large areas. Another way to go in a large area room is:
SFITTWR1050 front channels
SFITCTR 350 Center channel
Sfitlcr250 Rear Channel
PSSUB 225 Powered subwoofer

pinnaclespeakers

Menzo wrote:Hi Arin, thank you for your time. What are your thoughts on the MB9500+ for a set of computer speakers. I have an older Harman Kardon reciever that I could use for a 5.1 setup. Didn't know if these speakers were magnetically shielded or if they would be good for gaming. I should have a big enough computer room for the setup.

For gaming I would suggest a move up to the more robust MB 11500+, especially using the 12" subwoofer and larger format speakers across the front. And yes, they are all video sheilded. Hook-up is still through an audio receiver.

lslibn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lslibn

My husband would openly revolt against the stylish pointed legs this subwoofer sports touching the hardwood floor in our living room. He slaps stick-on protectors on everything (except me). That would ruin the look, no? What were the designers thinking?

spmcgivern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spmcgivern
lslibn wrote:My husband would openly revolt against the stylish pointed legs this subwoofer sports touching the hardwood floor in our living room. He slaps stick-on protectors on everything (except me). That would ruin the look, no? What were the designers thinking?

Google "speaker spike pads" and you will see what you need. Should look like a flat piece of metal with a small indention for the spike to sit in.

schnob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schnob

You can also just use 4 coins.

spmcgivern wrote:Google "speaker spike pads" and you will see what you need. Should look like a flat piece of metal with a small indention for the spike to sit in.

pinnaclespeakers

lslibn wrote:My husband would openly revolt against the stylish pointed legs this subwoofer sports touching the hardwood floor in our living room. He slaps stick-on protectors on everything (except me). That would ruin the look, no? What were the designers thinking?

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here and I researched your question with our R/D department. The Supersonic does not in fact have "SPIKES". They are solid brass isolation cones and are rounded on the tips specifically to avoid an indentation in the floor. Carpet will restore to original. The purpose of the Cones is very important. it stabilizes the subwoofer to the floor to increase the bass response. The subwoofer cannot move or the bass will be poor. However, the feet do not come to a spike, rather as I said they are rounded tips. If you have wood floors or tile floors you can simply place a copper penny under the Feet if you wish. Again, these are acoustic benefits and solid brass isolation cones often are sold separately for upwards of $80/set. we include ours with the product, believing a $2,500 product should include that caliber of cones.

I hope this addresses your questions. Finally, the cones are not attached to the product, they are included in the box and simply screw into place.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

The idea is to have as little physical contact with the floor (or anything else) as possible. This is very common with subwoofers.

boxerx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boxerx
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here. The purpose of a SOUNDBAR, including ours is to dramatically improve the sound quality from todays super thin and "ACOUSTICALLY CHALLENGED" TV's. Todays TV's are not designed nor do they deliver any serious high fidelity sound. The SOUNDBAR category of product, including ours are designed to replace and improve upon the lost sound from the new TV's, depending on the quality of the SOUNDBAR. However, they are not designed for loud music playing at parties. For normal TV or music watching it adds a dimension of sound that has been eliminated due to the ultra thin TV format. If your plans include party volume music, the better choice is a home theater system, which by design is for both movies, music and in our case, designed for more aggressive listening when needed So, we suggest MB 9500+ or MB 11500+

To recap, dramatic TV sound improvement, go with SOUNDBAR, even better go with SOUNDBAR+SUBWOOFER FRONTROWSYS8210),

For high performance caliber of music and movies with strong volume capability would require a Home Theater system such as MB9500+ or MB11500+.

SFITTWR 1050, SFITCTR 350 and PSSUB 225 would deliver the best acoustic performance for music especially at louder volumes. So it all depends on what your uses are.

I hope this helps

Thanks! That does help!

pinnaclespeakers

Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle customer support team leader here to assist with any questions you may have. There is no such thing as a dumb question as far as we are concerned, so please feel free to ask. I have one of the engineers at Pinnacle with 19 years experience available to me if a technical question gets beyond my knowledge, though I have been here for 8 of Pinnacle's 37 years and I can field most questions. Thanks

davidjcrea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davidjcrea

I am using the speakers I bought from Woot for a new home theater application and the performance exceeds my expectation. The 300s are great for fronts and rears on a 5.1 application. The lesser expensive subwoofer keeps the basses covered while the center carries the dialogue. These are quality products that you will enjoy.

gosh7001

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gosh7001

I wanted to let you all know how happy I am with these speakers. I was looking everywhere for the speakers and came across these and decided to pull the trigger. I will say that I paid more than $100 more than the current advertised price last year from woot. I was worried that it would be an issue because of my 24' ceilings in the great room. Not an issue at all and they perform wonderfully and have gotten many comments on how crisp and full sounding these speakers are. I am not using the supplied subwoofer though. I am using a speakercraft cinema 12" in wall sub paired with a Onkyo TX-NR818. I cannot say enough good things about these speakers. They are a good substitute for my Klipsch Reference setup that is in the bonus but too big and bulky for the great room. Since Pictures are worth a million words, here is a pic of the speakers surrounding a 60' Samsung.

Pic of the surrounds

Hope this helps someone. I had a hard time finding info for what I could use in a room with tall ceilings. I am sure the Amp I am using has something to do with it since it allowed me to tune it with a mic but I am really enjoying them. If you are wrestling with this decision because you are unsure, go ahead and pull the trigger. I don't think you will regret it.

toddolinger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toddolinger

Arin - I bought the Onkyo HT-RC430 5.1-Channel 3D Ready A/V Receiver on Woot a couple months ago. Which of the 5.1 speaker sets would work best with that receiver? It's for a secondary home theater room. Thanks!

TMO

dasbrose

Would the 8210 Soundbar + Sub be suitable for audiobooks & soft music (background at dinner, rather than the volume you'd need for a party) in a medium-sized room?

pinnaclespeakers

toddolinger wrote:Arin - I bought the Onkyo HT-RC430 5.1-Channel 3D Ready A/V Receiver on Woot a couple months ago. Which of the 5.1 speaker sets would work best with that receiver? It's for a secondary home theater room. Thanks!

Onkyo has excellent products and your receiver will work well with either system.

pinnaclespeakers

dasbrose wrote:Would the 8210 Soundbar + Sub be suitable for audiobooks & soft music (background at dinner, rather than the volume you'd need for a party) in a medium-sized room?

Yes, with exceptional voice clarity, the Front Row SYS 8210 is an excellent choice for those applications.

pinnaclespeakers

toddolinger wrote:Arin - I bought the Onkyo HT-RC430 5.1-Channel 3D Ready A/V Receiver on Woot a couple months ago. Which of the 5.1 speaker sets would work best with that receiver? It's for a secondary home theater room. Thanks!

Hi, Arin with an additional follow up. As a "SECONDARY" room MB 9500+ is excellent, but of the room is over 350 sq' the more powerful subwoofer and front channel speakers in the MB 11500+ is better. For the slight cost differential, the MB11500+ is a nice step up. Either is fine. It is room size and budget.

joshuaroche1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuaroche1

I just had the pair of tower speakers, the center channel speaker and the baby boomer subwoofer delivered to my house today. I have to say that I am extremely happy with all of these speakers. Pinnacle has done a great job in designing speakers that not only sound phenomenal but are very sleek looking! You will not find a better deal on quality speakers. I am very happy and satisfied.