+ Add a Comment

foodguru

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foodguru
Roy33sakic wrote:They're humans, too - just have fun with this!

Its not being parinoid to call out cheaters. The only ones having fun are the Woot management staff, at our expense.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Wait, do they me the animals that won, the owners of the animals that won, or both?

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

vmorgs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vmorgs

Okay Woot do you mean W's in the NAMES of Westminster Kennel Club Best In Show Winners or W's in the BREEDS? I'm confused! Tried both, no luck.

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance

I thought I nailed that one REALLY fast.

Nope. Sold out.

Edit: http://www.woot.com/offers/534a0bb874bc55cca63f3b1336336

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

Got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy33sakic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Roy33sakic
Dissonance wrote:I thought I nailed that one REALLY fast.

Nope. Sold out.

There are only 2 each from the looks of it, so you may have just happened to be person #3!

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202

Congrats! Thought i had that one... but you guys are even faster

vmorgs

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what were the W's for the Westminster Kennel Club Best in Show winners? The Dog's Names or Breed?

TheDrMaSuess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheDrMaSuess

I used to be able to press f5 continuously to get a Board of Circuits but now I have to actually do something... ugh... why woot why... you are moving away from the excitement and anticipation of getting a Board of Circuits I feel bad for you.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael

Yeah, I'd also like to know how the amount of Ws was ascertained.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

Setral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Setral

Yeah.. I went with name and ended up with 27 W's in the dogs name and 3 W's in the horses names.. so I ended up with 9.

Jeremy1026

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeremy1026

(Ws in all Westminster Kennel Club Best In Show winners) ^ (Ws in all United States Triple Crown winning horses' names)

29 Ws in Best in Show Winners ^ 3 Ws in all Triple Crown winning horses' names = 24389? What am I missing on this one?

Dissonance

vmorgs wrote:So what were the W's for the Westminster Kennel Club Best in Show winners? The Dog's Names or Breed?

The dogs' names (including undocumented and repeat winners).

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

W's in the Name of dog, breed, or owner!? BAHHH need to be MORE SPECIFIC!

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202
vmorgs wrote:So what were the W's for the Westminster Kennel Club Best in Show winners? The Dog's Names or Breed?

It was the dog's names.

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

Dog's Names. I just did a quick search and then did a find on "w". This highlighted all of the W's so I just counted down the Dog Name column.

Jertyrael

Setral wrote:Yeah.. I went with name and ended up with 27 W's in the dogs name and 3 W's in the horses names.. so I ended up with 9.

It was to the Power Of the Horses (and I thought it was four) not divided by, anyway.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

fubar1982

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fubar1982
vmorgs wrote:Okay Woot do you mean W's in the NAMES of Westminster Kennel Club Best In Show Winners or W's in the BREEDS? I'm confused! Tried both, no luck.

It says winners. Which leads me to believe Dog Name. "(Ws in all Westminster Kennel Club Best In Show winners) ^ (Ws in all United States Triple Crown winning horses' names) /offers/534a0bb874bc55cca63f3b"

But at the same time, I didn't know they were looking for numbers of the letter 'W' as "Ws" doesn't mean anything to me at all.

Jertyrael

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Dog's Names. I just did a quick search and then did a find on "w". This highlighted all of the W's so I just counted down the Dog Name column.

I had counted 31.... so... this is weird. lol

Dissonance

Jeremy1026 wrote:(Ws in all Westminster Kennel Club Best In Show winners) ^ (Ws in all United States Triple Crown winning horses' names)

29 Ws in Best in Show Winners ^ 3 Ws in all Triple Crown winning horses' names = 24389? What am I missing on this one?

It was 34 ^ 4

Setral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Setral
Jertyrael wrote:It was to the Power Of the Horses (and I thought it was four) not divided by, anyway.

Yeah.. I misunderstood the ^ symbol, I'm special today.

dcdjason

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dcdjason

They were looking for W's in the name of the dogs - the dogs are the winners. Being the Excel nerd that I am, I made the mistake of deduping the list before counting the W's. Doh!

I came up with 34 W's for the dogs based on this list - http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/history/biswinners.html

and 4 W's for the horses based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Triple_Crown_of_Thoroughbred_Racing#Winners_of_the_Triple_Crown

vmorgs

fubar1982 wrote:It says winners. Which leads me to believe Dog Name. "(Ws in all Westminster Kennel Club Best In Show winners) ^ (Ws in all United States Triple Crown winning horses' names) /offers/534a0bb874bc55cca63f3b"

But at the same time, I didn't know they were looking for numbers of the letter 'W' as "Ws" doesn't mean anything to me at all.

They specified they were looking for the W's in the horses names, so I assumed they would specify as much with the dogs but I guess not. Oh well, no Board of Circuits for me.

Dman27

Jertyrael wrote:I had counted 31.... so... this is weird. lol

yeah wikipedia gave me 31... counted it 5 times...

~DMan27~

pjblazek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjblazek

I claim foul on the hockey teams! Anaheim Ducks/Mighty Ducks (1 or 2), Detroit Falcons, Detroit Red Wings, Atlanta Thrashers, St Louis Eagles add up to at least FIVE!

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
Dissonance wrote:I thought I nailed that one REALLY fast.

Nope. Sold out.

yup me too..... finally the link posts through and sold out.. ha ha.. dang

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

wonderboy703

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderboy703
pjblazek wrote:I claim foul on the hockey teams! Anaheim Ducks/Mighty Ducks (1 or 2), Detroit Falcons, Detroit Red Wings, Atlanta Thrashers, St Louis Eagles add up to at least FIVE!

penguins ?

Dissonance

pjblazek wrote:I claim foul on the hockey teams! Anaheim Ducks/Mighty Ducks (1 or 2), Detroit Falcons, Detroit Red Wings, Atlanta Thrashers, St Louis Eagles add up to at least FIVE!

The Red Wings name didn't come from a bird (even though they had been the Falcons).

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/history/a/red_wing_origin.htm

timg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timg
Dman27 wrote:yeah wikipedia gave me 31... counted it 5 times...

for dogs that won multiple years in a row, they only listed the name once and merged the rows. i didn't notice that either, but if you count the multiple year winners once for each year they won, then you get 34.

capned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capned
Dman27 wrote:yeah wikipedia gave me 31... counted it 5 times...

Warren Remedy won 3 years running (+2) and My Own Brucie win 2 years in a row (+1). Added to your 31, you get 34.

I made the same mistake.

DMDrew812

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DMDrew812

(Ws in all Westminster Kennel Club Best In Show winners) ^ (Ws in all United States Triple Crown winning horses' names)

(3)^(2)

why is the answer not nine?

Craps since first woot (July 2006): 4

cycokiller

This is kinda handy.. it will dump the contents of that "teaser" box at the command line so it's easier to read. Also replaces the /offers/XXXX with a full URL that you can copy and paste.

lynx --source http://woot.com | grep 'h2 class="teaser"' | sed 's/<[^>]*>//g' | sed 's/\/offers/http:\/\/woot.com\/offers/g'

NOTE: if you don't have lynx, you can use 'curl -sL woot.com' or 'wget woot.com -q -O -' to get the same source code.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat
TheDrMaSuess wrote:I used to be able to press f5 continuously to get a Board of Circuits but now I have to actually do something... ugh... why woot why... you are moving away from the excitement and anticipation of getting a Board of Circuits I feel bad for you.

Because annoying bastards with automated scripts would scoop up all the bags, leaving everyone else with nothing. There's no way to auto-script these, short of a full-on URL-guesser, and good luck with that!

Edit: ooh, found another replacement term. Sorry, I'll keep the language clean. -er.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

dernst_ca1

will try to remain positive.. will try to remain optimistic...

will try to remember that we are lucky that the pArent company is even letting the poor woot staff offer krapps anymore...

-JMHSRV

Soten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soten
TheDrMaSuess wrote:I used to be able to press f5 continuously to get a Board of Circuits but now I have to actually do something... ugh... why woot why... you are moving away from the excitement and anticipation of getting a Board of Circuits I feel bad for you.

Er... this isn't a new thing to Board of Circuits or woot-offs. I think it makes it more exciting, imo.

I quest for Crud.

cycokiller

I think woot! should send everyone with 50 or more woots a Board of Circuits link for their birthday in a PM or email every year. That would be rad!

dernst_ca1

cycokiller wrote:I think woot! should send everyone with 50 or more woots a Board of Circuits link for their birthday in a PM or email every year. That would be rad!

Although I have wooted far more times since 03/30/2005 than I care to admit, krapp should not be based on number of woots.. Some of the offerings have been fun, this one, not so much as it has been frustrating...

-JMHSRV

danbass15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danbass15

wow that was a fast one, and i actually figured it out haha darn. 4^4

Dman27

must have just missed this one by seconds! ARGH

~DMan27~

jaymanmsu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaymanmsu

I got the 4^4 crap. I knew the Yoshi (Regular green plus red (fire), yellow (stomp), and blue (wings). Animal Crossing I wiki'd while the blog was updating with the full link.