OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ
jon98gn wrote:okay guess it's sum.. of the ones named after people but still missing it.
i'll give you 13 elements:
1_bohrium (Bh, 107) – Niels Bohr
2_curium (Cm, 96) – Pierre and Marie Curie
3_einsteinium (Es, 99) – Albert Einstein
4_fermium (Fm, 100) – Enrico Fermi
5_gallium (Ga, 31) – both named after Gallia (Latin for France) and its discoverer, Lecoq de Boisbaudran (le coq, the French word for 'rooster' translates to gallus in Latin)
6_hahnium (105) – Otto Hahn (Dubnium, named for Dubna in Russia, is the IUPAC-accepted name for element 105)
7_lawrencium (Lr, 103) – Ernest Lawrence
8_meitnerium (Mt, 109) – Lise Meitner
9_mendelevium (Md, 101) – Dmitri Mendeleev
10_nobelium (No, 102) – Alfred Nobel
11_roentgenium (Rg, 111) – Wilhelm Roentgen (formerly Ununumium)
12_rutherfordium (Rf, 104) – Ernest Rutherford
13_seaborgium (Sg, 106) – Glenn T.
for a total of 318,500

That's what I got too, but I guess I was too late because the link no longer worked

lateli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lateli

14 is Flerovium (114) Gregory Flyorov

thaliasta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thaliasta

That last one gave me a headache... especially since different sources had different information and none gave me the right number.

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
aramis525 wrote:IT'S A FRICKIN' SHIRT.WOOT-OFF!!!

Squeeeeee! Thank you so much for the heads up! Crossing my fingers for a couple to show up, although... how am I supposed to get any sleep tonight now?

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

Well THAT went fast...

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
kevin0425 wrote:Well THAT went fast...

Not sure what I missed.

3(Seasons of the original "Star Trek") * 7(Seasons of "Star Trek: The Next Generation") * 7(Seasons of "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine") * 7(Seasons of "Star Trek: Voyager") * 4(Seasons of "Star Trek: Enterprise") = 4116

It worked. Weird. I swore it gave me a not found when I did it earlier.

jon98gn

Do i even try this one?

Rmtoksook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rmtoksook

lol speed of light does not equal 3x10^8

kevin0425

I swear every one of these damn things I keep figuring out pretty quickly only to get the dreaded 'sold out' page. I'm guessing they have something like 5 per clue to just play us..

meridianchild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meridianchild
kevin0425 wrote:I swear every one of these damn things I keep figuring out pretty quickly only to get the dreaded 'sold out' page. I'm guessing they have something like 5 per clue to just play us..

2, actually.

juballharshaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juballharshaw
kevin0425 wrote:I swear every one of these damn things I keep figuring out pretty quickly only to get the dreaded 'sold out' page. I'm guessing they have something like 5 per clue to just play us..

2 per according to the original post.

kevin0425

juballharshaw wrote:2 per according to the original post.

Ahh yes I forgot about that... just a little frustrating here in the wee hours...

violasinger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages violasinger

Did anyone figure out Christ's age? I'm through trying, but I really want to know what Woot thinks the answer is.

jon98gn

violasinger wrote:Did anyone figure out Christ's age? I'm through trying, but I really want to know what Woot thinks the answer is.

I assume someone will have to brute this.

I figured this week was the 10th fortnight of the year. (2012 * 26) + 10 = 52322. Then his hypothetical birthday was in September possibly 5 BC. So (4 * 26) to cover 1-4 BC and then the 8 plus fortnights left over from September. What am I missing here... bleh

jon98gn

Correction. 12th fortnight of the year

violasinger

jon98gn wrote:Correction. 12th fortnight of the year

Right. I went so far as to use the full decimal value of how many fortnights are in a year, and tried each possible birth year. It still didn't work.

jon98gn

So if we include leap years, we can say 2012/4 = 503. We need to account for non leap years that are divisible by 100 so subtract out 20 leap year days. But then we have leap years every 400 years so then we have to add back 5. So effective remove 15. so we have 488 leap days or approximately 34-35 extra fortnights. So for 0 to last thursday we have 52312 + 34 + 12 ( + 1) = 52358 or 52359 equals still no luck.. maybe over thinking or underthinking. bleh. the hypothetical and +/- on BC years or even other stuff is ridiculous.

jon98gn

I've done non leap year. I've extrapolated to weeks in September BCE... This is starting to get ridiculous. I've probably tried 100 different "fortnights" so far and no luck. bleh.

violasinger

So, going with the basic Dec. 25th birthdate, and using the decimal calculation for a fortnight, +12, and rounding down, you get 52,502. Which promptly brought up a sold out Board of Circuits

jon98gn

jon98gn wrote:I've done non leap year. I've extrapolated to weeks in September BCE... This is starting to get ridiculous. I've probably tried 100 different "fortnights" so far and no luck. bleh.

Someone found it after it was already turned in. Supposively it was 52502. I didn't understand the person's explanation but he got it from using January 1, 0001 and then went from there to somehow get 52502.

jon98gn

Anyway I guess I am done failing tonight. Time to slip into sleep and hopefully not oversleep my alarm like I did last night and get to work late.

sosum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sosum
jon98gn wrote:Someone found it after it was already turned in. Supposively it was 52502. I didn't understand the person's explanation but he got it from using January 1, 0001 and then went from there to somehow get 52502.

I actually search for a date calculator online and got the right answer. Too bad I was too slow...

leonortesoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leonortesoro

Somebody buy a dang case already!

leonortesoro

dam that was a quick one

cfalgas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfalgas

Wooooooo! I finally got one!

leonortesoro

i didnt know the amount of horsemen off the top of my head so i had to goodle it, but i did it under a minute and still didnt get it lol

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

Anybody awake to solve this one?

(Number of tears cried by ?) * (Berkelium atomic number) /offers/24037856a79c4eef9d440ec7ac5f2bf1

(Number of tears cried by ?) * (97)

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
Linad wrote:Anybody awake to solve this one?

(Number of tears cried by ?) * (Berkelium atomic number) /offers/24037856a79c4eef9d440ec7ac5f2bf1

(Number of tears cried by ?) * (97)

I am but I don't understand how it works

James0605

quality posts: 0 Private Messages James0605

It's already sold out, but FWIW, the "?" was for "? and the Mysterians", who had a song called "96 Tears".

I missed it, maybe because I was sure it was "99 Tears". Finally looked it up and got the right number, but I was too late.

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
mibutterflywingz wrote:I am but I don't understand how it works

I was too slow, but it was for the song 96 Tears (googled it and replaced the question mark with the word question)

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

mibutterflywingz

Honestly these things take me away from buying anything!

mibutterflywingz

Anyone know of "helper" sites? I'm supposed to rest as much as possible especially since I have a chemo treatment today and I have "chemo brain". No lie. If I knew how to add an image from my phone I would prove it

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

So, was that all of the clues? Now there are descriptions for the last 3 items, not just "Too bad this isn't a clue."

Stelvask

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stelvask

Hot damn. After a few years of trying (and failing) to get a bingo of cannolis, there's a woot-off on my birthday and I managed to snag my first one ever with (Ounces in a hogshead) * (Lustrums in a century). Ahh, it's the goofy things in life that make it fun. What a good way to start a birthday. Thanks Woot (and thanks to all of you too-slow-suckers)!

dg8672

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dg8672

I feel like a complete underclocked for asking this but..where do the clues actually appear? Every time a new item loads I look all over the front page for anything resembling a clue but I haven't found anything yet.

Anyone? I'd appreciate the assist / kick in the ass.

leonortesoro

on the normal woot, top right corner there will be an equation you have to solve and stick at the end of the url they provide. make sure to hit the more info at the bottom

dg8672

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dg8672
leonortesoro wrote:on the normal woot, top right corner there will be an equation you have to solve and stick at the end of the url they provide. make sure to hit the more info at the bottom

Thanks! Yeah, not even a couple of minutes after I posted that, the next one came up and I was like "oh there it is"

Unfortunately, apparently my answer didn't pan out, which is weird, because Im pretty sure all of my numbers were correct.

mibutterflywingz

Stelvask wrote:Hot damn. After a few years of trying (and failing) to get a bingo of cannolis, there's a woot-off on my birthday and I managed to snag my first one ever with (Ounces in a hogshead) * (Lustrums in a century). Ahh, it's the goofy things in life that make it fun. What a good way to start a birthday. Thanks Woot (and thanks to all of you too-slow-suckers)!

Happy birthday!

leonortesoro

i was going so fast on that last one i didn't realize it said, not voiced by bill cosby.

lozerette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lozerette

I'm still unable to find the full link, because you posted your link to the blog as just a link to the WHOLE blog. You know, the one that full of Woot-Off stuff right now. You can't post a direct link to the entry in question? Really?