cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
mibutterflywingz wrote:What's the secret? How are people finding the answers in seconds? I've tried everything! Please lend a hand!
Can someone refer me to a page number here that could help? Something? Anything?

UGH! I have to go for my lovely poison infusion so I'll be working off an Iphone for 3 hours or so.

Working off a phone can't be easy for something like this. Just working off my little laptop last night at home was way harder than my dual-monitor system at work.

Best of luck!

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 38 Private Messages dernst_ca1

any staff here? If sao can ya head over to woot.com and kick the tires.. the Envy has been stuck at 80% for a really long time.. kthanks

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dernst_ca1

dernst_ca1 wrote:any staff here? If sao can ya head over to woot.com and kick the tires.. the Envy has been stuck at 80% for a really long time.. kthanks

Looks like it worked!

-JMHSRV

draigun

quality posts: 23 Private Messages draigun

So while everyone here is working for an $8 Box of Chips, very few realized they missed out an an even better deal:

$100 Assassin's Creed 3 500GB PS3 bundle with shirt on shirt.woot!

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara

Who broke the servers? All pages seem to be wonky.

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
mibutterflywingz wrote:What's the secret? How are people finding the answers in seconds? I've tried everything! Please lend a hand!
Can someone refer me to a page number here that could help? Something? Anything?

UGH! I have to go for my lovely poison infusion so I'll be working off an Iphone for 3 hours or so.

I got one yesterday and know there is no way I could have done it on a phone. Most of that being that I have a dumb phone with no internet access.

Tips:
- Search for the answer as fast as you can
- Don't take time to double-check your math (either it works or it doesn't)
- Make sure you are logged in each time a new item is about to come up
- Start on the main woot page since the item shows up there before the blog. That gives you a little bit of a head start than if you were just following along on the blog.
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Happy wooting!

omnichad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omnichad
paulpnevada wrote:I have a beef about the quality of the clues. As an example the clue that referenced the number of teams in the Big East conference...the correct answer is 16 teams per their web site but the Board of Circuits answer only works if you use 15 in the formula.

Same thing with the clue reference to the number of letters in the Spanish alphabet, the online references say 27, 28, 29 or 30 depending on which source you use.

There shouldn't be ambiguity in the answer to the clue and there certainly shouldn't be a mistake in the formula...as in the Big East example where the only way to get to the Board of Circuits is to use the wrong answer to the clue.

Compare this to the distance to the moon question yesterday. The answer they went with was off by over 6,000 miles because they went with the average distance to the moon despite the exact current distance to the moon being a known fact. Question didn't specify apogee, perigee, average, or current however.

cycokiller

Hmm, was that one real, cause it said 15 minutes was the speed to first woot. Or did I do the math wrong and hit an old page from another woot-off?

NOTE: The reason I wonder is cause I had that one done within a minute easy.

dernst_ca1

Auuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!!!!!!!

-JMHSRV

dernst_ca1

http://www.woot.com/offers/d7f0e1a847d24078836b226b18c228682008656

-JMHSRV

wooting4keeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps
cycokiller wrote:Hmm, was that one real, cause it said 15 minutes was the speed to first woot. Or did I do the math wrong and hit an old page from another woot-off?

NOTE: The reason I wonder is cause I had that one done within a minute easy.

I got 2008656 too. Super freaky fast sellout, I thought I was right there.

Also if you look at the stats tab it actually says:

Speed to First Woot:
1d 14h 15m 6.556s

Weird.

• First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

cycokiller

dernst_ca1 wrote:http://www.woot.com/offers/d7f0e1a847d24078836b226b18c228682008656

Yep, that's what I had... Man I thought I had a chance on that one. I think I got it within 20 seconds... not quick enough I guess.

lumpthar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar

Well, crap. I missed.

draigun

quality posts: 23 Private Messages draigun
wooting4keeps wrote:I got 2008656 too. Super freaky fast sellout, I thought I was right there.

Speed to First Woot:
1d 14h 15m 6.556s

Weird.

My guess is that all of the links are already known (though possibly not activated) since the beginning of the Woot-Off.

brickfrenzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brickfrenzy

Super-easy one this time. I knew all the answers without looking anything up, but was, of course, too slow. Eh.

Soten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soten

The servers going all jenky broke mywoot.net.

):

but i have to at least LOOK like im working.

I quest for Crud.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
omnichad wrote:Compare this to the distance to the moon question yesterday. The answer they went with was off by over 6,000 miles because they went with the average distance to the moon despite the exact current distance to the moon being a known fact. Question didn't specify apogee, perigee, average, or current however.

You still on this???

dernst_ca1

I think this would be a little more fun if there were more than two offered each time...

just sayin..

-JMHSRV

dernst_ca1

wooting4keeps wrote:I got 2008656 too. Super freaky fast sellout, I thought I was right there.

Speed to First Woot:
1d 14h 15m 6.556s

Weird.

That time refers back to the first one bought during the wootoff

-JMHSRV

sosum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sosum

Anyone know how much time do we have to answer the questions before the two Barges of Coal sold out?

Just want to know how much faster I have to be to even have a chance...

aramis525

sosum wrote:Anyone know how much time do we have to answer the questions before the two Barges of Coal sold out?

Just want to know how much faster I have to be to even have a chance...

I got an answer in 10 seconds, went to the page, sold out!

So I will just say, much much faster than you have previously been.

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425
aramis525 wrote:I got an answer in 10 seconds, went to the page, sold out!

What was the answer? ((4 stooges)*(5 Marx brothers))^1 Harper Lee Book = 20, right?

TheMammoth731

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheMammoth731

So... I have no idea how this one is working.

(2 stooges that are in all line ups * 5 marx)^1 book = 10

404 error.

Am I downgrade?

anschutz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages anschutz

I got a Board of Circuits I can't believe it I really got one.

squillian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squillian

I would love to see a Board of Circuits offered to those of us lowly peons who have never managed to get one before :*(

Even as a math teacher, I'm not getting these clues fast enough...

aramis525

anschutz wrote:I got a Board of Circuits I can't believe it I really got one.

What was the answer?

dernst_ca1

aramis525 wrote:I got an answer in 10 seconds, went to the page, sold out!

yeah someone has either figured out a script or is getting the clues before hand

-JMHSRV

aramis525

kevin0425 wrote:What was the answer? ((4 stooges)*(5 Marx brothers))^1 Harper Lee Book = 20, right?

Wasn't it talking about this one, was referring to one from yesterday.

JEBalke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JEBalke
aramis525 wrote:What was the answer?

27000, which seems odd to me.

6*5 ^ ??

I originally thought 1 for harper lee books, but I tried a few powers of 30 to get the right one.

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

Looking at the wikipedia page for the three stooges, Moe was the only one to be in ALL of the features, Larry missed "Broadway to Hollywood", so the Stooge part should be 1 then (which it obviously is not - good fact checking again woot )

elihl6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elihl6

Didn't you fast folks get your crap yet?

and this one, I have tried all variations and 404 error. grrrr

dernst_ca1

kevin0425 wrote:Looking at the wikipedia page for the three stooges, Moe was the only one to be in ALL of the features, Larry missed "Broadway to Hollywood", so the Stooge part should be 1 then (which it obviously is not - good fact checking again woot )

yep another broken link bad answer.. at least this time Im not feeling slow, just frustrated that I wont have a crystal ball (I'd even settle for a refurb)

-JMHSRV

TheMammoth731

kevin0425 wrote:Looking at the wikipedia page for the three stooges, Moe was the only one to be in ALL of the features, Larry missed "Broadway to Hollywood", so the Stooge part should be 1 then (which it obviously is not - good fact checking again woot )

The "official line ups" have Moe and Larry in all films.

There are 5 Marx Brothers.

Harper Lee only published ONE book. Others may have been written, but they were never published.

Woot screwed up. Again.

anschutz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages anschutz
aramis525 wrote:What was the answer?

There were 6 total members of the 3 stooges, 5 members of the Marx Brothers, and apparently 3 books from Harper Lee.

(6*5)^3=27000

for a website of
http://www.woot.com/offers/9f3303c9bd8f4635882a170dc1298b1327000

Once I had the stooges and Marx brothers answers then I just kept on increasing the number of books till the website came up and the buy one was still golden and it worked and I got a confirmation e-mail.

scooch151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scooch151

If you search for it (Harper Lee's author page) in Amazon, three books come up. They're all "To Kill a Mockingbird", but in different languages... that's a pretty cheap way out to say it's three books, I think. Not sure what Woot is going after, given it's only one book in reality.

aramis525

Apparently, the answer is 27000:

6 Different Stooges
5 Marx Brothers
3 Books

Not from me...from someone in another board

cycokiller

TheMammoth731 wrote:The "official line ups" have Moe and Larry in all films.

There are 5 Marx Brothers.

Harper Lee only published ONE book. Others may have been written, but they were never published.

Woot screwed up. Again.

That's what I thought.. sheesh.

TheMammoth731

scooch151 wrote:If you search for it in Amazon, three books come up. They're all "To Kill a Mockingbird", but in different languages... that's a pretty cheap way out to say it's three books, I think. Not sure what Woot is going after, given it's only one book in reality.

I wonder if they're intentionally getting the answers wrong to see who is persistent enough to figure it out.

alanwindsor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanwindsor

Harper Lee wrote 1 book. Someone else translated it into the other languages. So the answer is (6*5)^1=30

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

So X-thousands are competing for 2 Board of Circuits?
I'm bad at math but that seems like gazillion to one odds to me.
Come one Woot...it's just crap! Give it up.

Are correct answers posted somewhere? Servers so wonky I'm having hard time loading pages.