dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

hey moderator harper lee only wrote one book..

so the solution is wrong unless you mean "number of different versions of the one book as well as cliff notes"

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Yeah, she only WROTE one book. All the rest were put together USING that original ONE book. Another craptastic question.

Votes appreciated.

karebear3879

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karebear3879
dernst_ca1 wrote:hey moderator harper lee only wrote one book..

so the solution is wrong unless you mean "number of different versions of the one book as well as cliff notes"

She wrote three - only published one.

Since publication of To Kill a Mockingbird, Lee has granted almost no requests for interviews or public appearances and, with the exception of a few short essays, has published nothing further. She did work on a second novel — The Long Goodbye — but eventually filed it away unfinished.[11] During the mid-1980s, she began a factual book about an Alabama serial murderer, but also put it aside when she was not satisfied.[

Kara W

megaherz76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megaherz76

Bah!!

alanwindsor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanwindsor
karebear3879 wrote:She wrote three - only published one.

Since publication of To Kill a Mockingbird, Lee has granted almost no requests for interviews or public appearances and, with the exception of a few short essays, has published nothing further. She did work on a second novel — The Long Goodbye — but eventually filed it away unfinished.[11] During the mid-1980s, she began a factual book about an Alabama serial murderer, but also put it aside when she was not satisfied.[

Well...I stand corrected. Thanks for posting your research.

dfwhokie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfwhokie

Given the number of ID-10T errors Woot is experiencing with its answers, you have a much better chance of getting a Box of Chips if you just immediately come to this thread and post:

"you guys got another one wrong, the answer should be ______"

Greater likelihood of being one of the first two to correct the mistake than it is to be one of the first two to get to the offer page.

smehrnama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smehrnama

That's garbage and Woot knows it. the clue was "Books by Harper Lee." Using the logic above, then "Books by" could include anything she imagined writing about, rending an infinite possibility. She completed ONE book. The end.

dcarhart

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dcarhart

too late again, and I thought I got to 27000 quickly

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Be aware that these questions are based on Internet "facts" not real facts. If it can be found on the Internet, then it's a valid answer because you can believe everything you see on the Internet. The description of the game even said you needed a search engine to get the "right" answers.

edit: Not seeing where I once read the bit about needing a search engine. Now it just says you need a calculator...

karebear3879

smehrnama wrote:That's garbage and Woot knows it. the clue was "Books by Harper Lee." Using the logic above, then "Books by" could include anything she imagined writing about, rending an infinite possibility. She completed ONE book. The end.

I didn't think they would have a math equation to the power of 1; so I put in 3, but was too late...sold out.

Agreed - these are not very clear cut...open to interpretation.

Kara W

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525

Question was how many books written. According to this, she wrote 3 but only finished one, so the answer is 3. GREAT RESEARCH!

stgmgrdawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stgmgrdawn
anschutz wrote:There were 6 total members of the 3 stooges, 5 members of the Marx Brothers, and apparently 3 books from Harper Lee.

(6*5)^3=27000

for a website of
http://www.woot.com/offers/9f3303c9bd8f4635882a170dc1298b1327000

Once I had the stooges and Marx brothers answers then I just kept on increasing the number of books till the website came up and the buy one was still golden and it worked and I got a confirmation e-mail.

The link on the page was not correct. This is what was at the end of my link.
9f3303c9bd8f4635882a170dc1298b13

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

dfwhokie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfwhokie

So, she DID NOT write 3 books. She wrote one. I just wrote down "Once upon a time", "It was as dark and stormy night", and "She was the last person I ever thought would walk into my office" on three sheets of paper. That does not equate to me having written three books. I have to actually finish writing them...

dernst_ca1

I hardly think that non-published books should be counted.. that theory could be used for just about anything.. Number of children so and so has 5 well no 6 because of that one abortion or number of types of Fords XX+all the ones that never got to production but were still considered..

-JMHSRV

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

So we're counting unfinished works as well?! Might as well include a fourth one - Capote's "In Cold Blood" since she worked on that too. I guess this is what happens when you get interns to work on the clues.

elihl6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elihl6

Well.. I see of the Three Stooges, only two were in the official lineups (Moe and Larry) and Larry had a stroke. As for the Marx brothers there were 4 that performed. And Harper Lee is credited with only To Kill A Mockingbird, so WOOT fail again... just like my failure at a Board of Circuits

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt

Argh, I got that the mile world records just fine, but I took too long on the conversions to milliseconds!!

wnordmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wnordmann
elangomatt wrote:Argh, I got that the mile world records just fine, but I took too long on the conversions to milliseconds!!

What was the world record answer, what I got didn't work

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael
elangomatt wrote:Argh, I got that the mile world records just fine, but I took too long on the conversions to milliseconds!!

Really? Opposite for me. I can't find the records, but all you have to do to convert to milliseconds is add 4 zeros >_>

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

cbweatherman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbweatherman
wnordmann wrote:What was the world record answer, what I got didn't work

It was 715,530. I did the math wrong the first time, so I missed out

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

Well at least I got the right answer this time, just too late as usual :/

(715530)

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael
cbweatherman wrote:It was 715,530. I did the math wrong the first time, so I missed out

Really? I saw some considerably faster times than that on my searches...

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

karebear3879

dernst_ca1 wrote:I hardly think that non-published books should be counted.. that theory could be used for just about anything.. Number of children so and so has 5 well no 6 because of that one abortion or number of types of Fords XX+all the ones that never got to production but were still considered..

Don't kill the messenger...just explaining their logic. Found that info on Wikipedia - which seems to be the best research site on the "Internets" for their fact-based trivia.

Kara W

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

If you checked Harper Lee's "official" page it says nothing about her writing 3 books. Her bio only discusses To Kill A Mockingbird.

Votes appreciated.

elangomatt

Jertyrael wrote:Really? Opposite for me. I can't find the records, but all you have to do to convert to milliseconds is add 4 zeros >_>

Well the records I found on wikipedia were given in minutes:seconds so I had to get to seconds first and then move the decimal place 4 places. It isn't a hard calculations by any means, but like I said, I just took too long.

wnordmann

for the record one the so the URL was www.woot.com/offers/cb819ee0a19344e98345b900d7c715530

that's not working for me

wooting4keeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps

This one just completely got me. So many zeroes. I came up with 792017.

• First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

elangomatt

wnordmann wrote:for the record one the so the URL was www.woot.com/offers/cb819ee0a19344e98345b900d7c715530

You copied the URL wrong from the blog... it should have been /offers/cb819ee0a19344e98345b900d7c63ce2 that you add the 715530 on the end of.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
wnordmann wrote:for the record one the so the URL was www.woot.com/offers/cb819ee0a19344e98345b900d7c715530

http://www.woot.com/offers/cb819ee0a19344e98345b900d7c63ce2715530

You didn't copy the whole link.

wnordmann

elangomatt wrote:You copied the URL wrong from the blog... it should have been /offers/cb819ee0a19344e98345b900d7c63ce2 that you add the 715530 on the end of.

Nutz, I think I got a URL completion from Chrome that screwed me up.
Thanks

cbweatherman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbweatherman

Actually it was woot.com/offers/cb819ee0a19344e98345b900d7c63ce2715530

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Geez.. great day for the voice mail server motherboard to blow caps!

Luckily I had a spare system and just moved the drives over and booted backup. I really need to migrate this one to a virtual machine. So much easier to manage.

Anyway, I see I missed one, darn it. Stupid computers breaking and stuff!

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

dernst_ca1

welp time to head into an afternoon of meetings at my real job (analyst) go figure..... can't even solve a woot worthy query but I can do load balance analysis for an entire global corporations telecom and data networks..

-JMHSRV

dernst_ca1

cycokiller wrote:Geez.. great day for the voice mail server motherboard to blow caps!

Luckily I had a spare system and just moved the drives over and booted backup. I really need to migrate this one to a virtual machine. So much easier to manage.

Anyway, I see I missed one, darn it. Stupid computers breaking and stuff!

wonder if I know you .....given our day jobs

-JMHSRV

alexjleon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alexjleon

Looks like there are a lot of monitors that are going to take a while to sell. Sucks for everyone trying, I waited an hour for something to sell just to get my Board of Circuits and I felt epic.

That said, I'm male and anything in size XL down to M would be great.

Also, send one of those $100 PS3 bundles here too. =p

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
dernst_ca1 wrote:wonder if I know you .....given our day jobs

If you live in Utah or close, there's a possibility I'm sure.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

So far my meetings have done very well in matching up with the puzzles. Get back from a meeting, missed another one...
Not that it matters, I try them for fun and there is no way I would get the answers as fast as some.

Kudo's to Woot for making Banquets of Cornucopia available in such a unique and equally frustrating way! (though it was much easier on my ego to blame the servers than my lack of ability to solve these problems...)

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

singles or doubles?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
miken927 wrote:singles or doubles?

I can't even spell hypotenuse.

squillian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squillian

So, I presumed since Roger Federer was part of the clue that we were speaking of men's tennis. I had width of 27 feet & length of 36 feet, for a total perimeter of 126 feet. The hypotenuse should be 20 feet, for a total of 146, which should be raised to the 3rd power - a total of 3,112,136. But of course, I get the dreaded 404 error