Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

I had it in my cart, but it sold out. *cries* Congrats to all and their enviable bags of crap!

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

swifijon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon
Jertyrael wrote:Well, again, I refreshed and saw you post that, tried to purchase, got to processing in seconds and I keep getting told my payment is flawed. I updated it -again- and for whatever reason Woot is denying my CC. I don't even...

Welp! Skemmis givith and the wooters takeith away. Can't say Skemmis didn't try.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
cfalgas wrote:Easiest one yet.

http://www.woot.com/offers/105dcee9e481

It's times like these I wish WOOT! had some sort of IM service to share codes.

Anyone know of anything on twitter or a website for those of us that are too slow?

musmagic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages musmagic

Glad I stuck around to look for the answer to the irratating Vowels/Consanants question....BOOM! My second Bucket of Cords this month!

It is my birthday month, so Happy B-day to me!

Board of Circuits - 6.3.13~6.19.13

-mus

freebird87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freebird87
skemmis wrote:Tell you what -- I've been out of this forum for the last little bit trying to figure this out myself. Everybody had the answer right but for some reason we were returning a 404 on ya'll. This is not the correct answer, but it works: (I think [I don't know what works anymore. I have descended into madness])

http://www.woot.com/offers/8c77dd53a2c14d078dca32891c373ecf8820

Even though I still didn't get it, this was still fun. Thank you for the reply. I can sleep easily (somewhat) lol

karebear3879

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karebear3879

sold out. someone figured it out

Kara W

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael
swifijon wrote:Welp! Skemmis givith and the wooters takeith away. Can't say Skemmis didn't try.

I keep getting this "What's going on here?

Your payment authorization was denied. You can either sit and grieve, continue shopping, or go back to your cart."

Either that's the default message or something is wrong.... The wording makes me think there's something wrong. I've tried four times today to buy something.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
skemmis wrote:Tell you what -- I've been out of this forum for the last little bit trying to figure this out myself. Everybody had the answer right but for some reason we were returning a 404 on ya'll. This is not the correct answer, but it works: (I think [I don't know what works anymore. I have descended into madness])

http://www.woot.com/offers/8c77dd53a2c14d078dca32891c373ecf8820

Thank you! I feel vindicated..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jon98gn

quality posts: 20 Private Messages jon98gn
mibutterflywingz wrote:It's times like these I wish WOOT! had some sort of IM service to share codes.

Anyone know of anything on twitter or a website for those of us that are too slow?

They did Facebook and Twitter bag releases before. People got mad because they said they did not have a twitter/facebook account or it was blocked at work, etc... etc... etc..

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun
dernst_ca1 wrote:Thank you! I feel vindicated..

Hahaha. Saw you just grabbed that one. Congrats!

I feel I had my fun back during Crapword. Got two during that month, so I'm not too worried this time.

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

could anyone walk me thru the math for that last one? just curious how that played out.

draigun

lstaff wrote:could anyone walk me thru the math for that last one? just curious how that played out.

Anything to the zeroth power = 1. Hence, the answer was 1 without needing to look up anything else.

skemmis

quality posts: 11 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

Jertyrael wrote:I keep getting this "What's going on here?

Your payment authorization was denied. You can either sit and grieve, continue shopping, or go back to your cart."

Either that's the default message or something is wrong.... The wording makes me think there's something wrong. I've tried four times today to buy something.

Wish I could tell you, but this is out of my pay grade. Contact customer service and they should be able to sort it out. I wish I could give out a bag to every bereaved party, but cookies and crumbling and all that.

mibutterflywingz

draigun wrote:Anything to the zeroth power = 1. Hence, the answer was 1 without needing to look up anything else.

core dump

draigun

Also, HAHAHA. I just saw the poll. Was that posted before or after the last clue?

And I want to reiterate. While everyone was searching for craps, shirt.woot held a small deal that was probably worth more than any of these.

Remember to monitor all sites!

*EDIT: Looking at the discussion, the poll was posted yesterday. Clever, Woot.

Jertyrael

skemmis wrote:Wish I could tell you, but this is out of my pay grade. Contact customer service and they should be able to sort it out. I wish I could give out a bag to every bereaved party, but cookies and crumbling and all that.

That is a damn shame. I -know- I had to be one of first to get 2 previous clues and I know I got that last one with the Square Root of 0. That was a dead giveaway. To find out I lost out because my payment is being denied and not because I was just a little slower is frustrating

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

karebear3879

I figured it out!!

(Vowels in this clue excluding "y") * (9V, 17C)

(Consonants in this clue including "y") * (10V, 20C)

(Symbols in this clue) (5V, 12C)

There are 12 symbols.

So, I think the Woot Staff forgot to add the vowels in the first line. So, they came up with 15 vowels (instead of 24), 49 consonants, and 12 symbols.

correct answer = 24*49*12 = 14112

Since Woot left off the first line of vowels, they got:
15*49*12 = 8820

NOW THAT DESERVES A Box of ChipsPO!

Kara W

skemmis

Staff

karebear3879 wrote:I figured it out!!

There are 12 symbols.

So, I think the Woot Staff forgot to add the vowels in the first line. So, they came up with 15 vowels (instead of 24), 49 consonants, and 12 symbols.

15*49*12 = 8820

That's some Da Vinci code business up in hurr.

skemmis

Staff

Jertyrael wrote:That is a damn shame. I -know- I had to be one of first to get 2 previous clues and I know I got that last one with the Square Root of 0. That was a dead giveaway. To find out I lost out because my payment is being denied and not because I was just a little slower is frustrating

PMed ya.

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen
karebear3879 wrote:I figured it out!!

There are 12 symbols.

15*49*12 = 8820

Good god.

karebear3879

I figured it was more productive that bragging or whining about not getting a Board of Circuits

Pretty, Pretty please?!? (now i'm begging) ;)

skemmis wrote:That's some Da Vinci code business up in hurr.

Kara W

karebear3879

It drives me bat sh#t crazy if I can't figure something out.

mossygreen wrote:Good god.

Kara W

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

mossygreen

karebear3879 wrote:It drives me bat sh#t crazy if I can't figure something out.

I understand completely.

Jertyrael

skemmis wrote:PMed ya.

I replied. It still won't work. I'm at a loss for words.

goodmayham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodmayham

Well, I had fun. Missed out on Board of Circuits#39;s (mix of bad connection, poor copy/paste skills, and order of operations errors), a PS3 (was gone before I saw it), and a copy of The Last of Us.

Dollars spent: 0
Time gone: Too embarrassed to say

Maybe it's time to do vacation-y things on my vacation.

mossygreen

goodmayham wrote:Maybe it's time to do vacation-y things on my vacation.

Hopefully you have plenty of time left and fine weather in which to do vacation-y things! Enjoy them, whatever they are and wherever you are!

mibutterflywingz

I didn't know yesterday there was a wootoff. I didn't get a Board of Circuits or anything else.

It was a little difficult at times (no pun intended), but of all the Board of Circuits tries I've seen, this was the best I guess. Even though it was difficult to figure out the answers and by the time I did.....SOLD OUT!

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Sheesh.. I have so much work to catch up on now. And no Board of Circuits to show for any of the time on here the past two days

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

cycokiller

mibutterflywingz wrote:I didn't know yesterday there was a wootoff. I didn't get a Board of Circuits or anything else.

It was a little difficult at times (no pun intended), but of all the Board of Circuits tries I've seen, this was the best I guess. Even though it was difficult to figure out the answers and by the time I did.....SOLD OUT!

I liked the Crapword puzzle better than this one... but since the answers were sent in via email, there were folks having issues getting blocked and all sorts of stuff like that. So this was better in that regard.

mossygreen

All in all, I'd have to say that I had a better time with crapword, but that may be because I succeeded at crapword, while I knew I didn't have a chance at this (it very much felt like trying to buy a bag years ago when I still had dial-up). I definitely like the experimentation with games and bags in general. For one thing, it's not like we're going to go back to the old way of doing things--I think the option other than this is nothing at all. Also, doing different styles of games for different styles of thinking is a fair way to do it. I'm sure there were people who HATED crapword because it's not what they know/how they think, and they couldn't possibly win it.

And it was nice to know pretty quickly when the clue was solved, although if I had been able to solve anything quickly enough to have defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, I would have been pissed, so I think maybe the crapword winning method was better?

So, um, kudos on the game, although less enthusiastic kudos than before. But kudos nonetheless!

alexjleon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alexjleon

This was surprisingly fun and I cannot wait to see the crap I get to give away to people.

I want to get it shipped now haha excited for my first Board of Circuits

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

Pretty sure there were around 200 Bags of Crap sold during this woot-off (if I counted correctly).

I counted 76 items with clues. The first 75 had 2 Bags and the last one had 50 Bags.

I know some people got PMs when the clues had errors, but I am not sure if they are getting Bags or just received some enduring words in the PM.

Thought I would post this in case anybody cares and doesn't feel like counting.

renrutnairbwoot

Just tried track by reference and my Bag of Crap is on its way and has already arrived and departed the Dallas FedEx location!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is saying 8.1 lbs and 16 in. x 12.2 in. x 10.8 in.

renrutnairbwoot

Now that I am posting my 3rd comment in a row, I kind of feel like I am talking to myself.

Anybody else hoping they get the item that was for sale when they got their Bag of Crap?

This is the one I solved and would love to get the quadcopter in my Bag of Crap.

cycokiller

Well congrats everyone that was able to get a Board of Circuits . Even though I didn't (math is not one of my strengths; and server issues cut into my woot-off time), I did have a lot of fun. And I learned a few new things that might (but probably won't) help out some day in the future.

I did get a PM from someone that was able to put my mini-script I posted on Tuesday to good use. They did get a Board of Circuits and I'd like to think my little script had a part in helping them with it ;)

Anyway, see you all at the next woot-off!!!

cycokiller

Wow, I just checked back on the posts during the Crapword Puzzle game. There are 92 pages of posts on that one, compared with 20 pages for this one.

woot czars:

Based on posts alone, the former would appear to have been a bit more popular. Maybe for the next game, a mash-up of Crapword and Crapschmidt could work.

You could still have trivia clues that would result in a word that you would then find in a word search that has values attached to the word which you would then tack on to the end of a URL in the same fashion as this game to get a Board of Circuits

Just spit-balling here, and it would take some more noodling, but it's a start.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Just tried track by reference and my Bag of Crap is on its way and has already arrived and departed the Dallas FedEx location!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is saying 8.1 lbs and 16 in. x 12.2 in. x 10.8 in.

Mine (from the 18th) has also departed Dallas.
6.4lbs 16" x 12" x 10"
For those who don't know, you can usually use your woot order # to track by reference on the fedex site. Often times, this works before you get any shipping notification from woot.

barkwoot

quality posts: 57 Private Messages barkwoot

5.9lbs for me. Due on 6/24.

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

@karebear - THANK YOU! It was driving me crazy too!